Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #1  
JAF

S/C/G: 273/223/210

Height: 6'2

Default Dunkin Donuts + P3

Anybody have a take on the flatbread sandwiches from DD fitting into P3? At first glance it has all P3 friendly ingredients -- Egg whites, low fat cheese, two small pieces of whole wheat bread and veggies or turkey sausage. Unless it comes out that they use some uber-carb whole wheat or infuse the turkey with crisco I think these morning treats (yeah I called them treats) are sympatico.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #2  
JAF

Just because my post seemed lonely....what about that Starbucks turkey bacon breakfast sandwich made on a whole wheat muffin and lowfat cheese? I think it may have a whole egg (rather than whites) -- but it seems like one or two a week are ok for P3...anyone?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

Sorry.. I don't eat at either of these places.. but I think if you're trying to get a sandwich from a shop.. I think its best to opt for a wrap, and go to a place where they make it in front of you, so you can ask them to hold the mayo and butter, and use mustard instead.. turkey and chicken are the best way to go..
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #4  
JAF

yeah -- i don't even have bread unless I'm on a cheat day/weekend....just had a question re: those specific breakfast sandwiches....no biggie.

fyi -- make sure your wraps are whole wheat b/c many of them are higher in fat than you think (especially the cheaper/non-organic ones used at stores).
Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #5  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

You can have 2 whole egss per day in P3. You should be fine, I think. Honestly, it's not greasy, and it's a conscious effort to stay on plan...so I think it's ok. My thought process is, at least your decision isn't fried or McDonald's or both.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #6  
JAF

Very true....but there will be a day soon when curiousity gets the better of me and I hit that waffle egg n' bacon deal they have now. Hope that thing comes with a defribulator.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #7  
ich bin geliebt

lol, did you just start? I found that I didn't even want fast food, the greasiness made me nauseous.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #8  
JAF

Started 1/12 -- and I couldn't agree more. I am notorious with my friends for being able to throw down massive amounts of food. Nothing in the world tastes better to me than fries and cheese (put them together with bacon and you can understand how I packed on almost 80 lbs after retiring from soccer and going to law school). But the FSD has turned me around and I feel almost sick after taking in anything greasy. I'm sure it's part mental but when your body gets used to having natural/unprocessed food on a steady basis, even my beloved loaded fries don't taste as good. Don't get me wrong -- that's a great thing and the reason I think the diet changes the way so many people eat in terms of the rest of their lives. I was sure beyond skeptical (completely doubtful actually) that I could ever be one of those people who changed to a healthier lifestyle. I figured I'd lose some weight and then go back to a more disciplined version of my "normal" diet. I'm at the point now where I can see myself sticking to some version of this for a long time. I'd say I drank the Cool-Aid but that's obviously got too much sugar and carbs.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #9  
ich bin geliebt

Definitely. I started it on 1/8/09, and I love that feeling. I have been really busy with school and work, and therefore fallen off the wagon a bit...but I'm going to re-start phase 1 soon, when it's not so crazy. Hopefully within the next week or so.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #10  
JAF

That's the great thing about it -- you always have the blueprint to get back on track as soon as you feel yourself slipping or go through a clip of crazyness at school/work.