Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #76  

Hello ladies! It was tough getting through the holidays but I am back on track I haven't gained any...still holding at my 7 pound weight loss. I'm hoping to lose another three over the next few days!

I really like beans. I make black eyed peas a lot. When I feel like being lazy, I buy them from the can and add some chopped onion a little minced garlic and some red pepper flakes. I use the steam fresh brown rice and put the beans right on top.

That steam fresh brown rice is delicious! I can't live without it. I have to admit I wasn't in to veges too much before this diet but I've found that I'm eating a lot of them...and I actually like it!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 222/179/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm not sure how to post things so hopefully this works ... I'm starting tomorrow, I made the green bean salad and some brown rice to heat up tomorrow at work ... i've done just about every diet I can think of and some personal training to boot and can't seem to get past this plateau for the last year. I lost 50 lbs a year ago and nothing since ! I've gained 7 lbs back and forth for the last year and can't get past the 50 mark and I just need something to work !! Wish me luck !
Old 01-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 305/258/175ish

Height: 5'10

Default beans, beans, the magical fruit...you know the rest.

hello everyone!

my mom gave me this recipe from in a magazine.... (it was an advertisement for Bush's beans, but you can use whatever kind you have in the cupboard)

Herb Garlic Beans:

2 tbsp olive oil
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped celery stick
1 small chopped carrot
1 clove chopped garlic
1 16oz can of red kidney beans, drained
1 16 oz can of black beans, drained
1 16 oz can of pinto beans
1/2 cup chopped canned tomatoes (although i used fresh)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 teaspoons white wine
salt and pepper to taste

1. heat oil in medium pan, add onion, celery, carrots
2. cook over medium heat until tender, adding garlic during the last two mins
3. add beans, tomatoes, thyme, and wine. Salt and peper to taste

and after a really rough holiday i need to get back on track.

i bought the new oprah magazine. there were a few articles in there that were really inspirational---because she has gained back 40lbs since 2005 (which is exactly where i am right now in the same time frame.)

i also bought the Jillian Micheals 30 day shred (like so many of you have recommended!) and also....

drum roll please!

The Dirty Dancing Official Dance Work Out...hahahahaha. the cover says you can learn four fun routines to music from the original movie. lol i couldn't help myself. they were both on sale at walmart for 9 bucks!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 222/179/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the new recipe post and I'm going to definitely check out the Dirty Dancing exercise video, what a crack up ! I have the 30 day shred and love it ... also just got Jillian's Wii game, which is pretty good. I've almost made it through day 1 ... I did well until dinner and then I was famished ! 4 egg whites, salsa and cheese helped me out ... does anyone know if protein shakes are ok, I figure I use fruit, milk and yogurt but didn't know if the protein powder would be ok ?
Old 01-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/145 HW: 232

Height: 5' 9"

uggg.....
So I am back and chubbier than ever. I am NOT weighing myself for awhile.
Starting back up tomorrow. Bought all the stuff I need at the grocery. We will see how it goes!!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #81  

Default Hey everyone!

Hey ladies! I hope you all had a good holiday

So I not only fell off the wagon over the holidays, I nose dived off that sucker! I gained back the 4 pounds I lost--plus 3 more! I was so embarassed and disappointed in myself!

So I started the diet again, and am on day 5--still not exercising as much as I should be..although I did run yesterday.

I have two things to report:

1. I have lost 6 pounds!! woohoo!!

and

2. I picked up taco bell for my fiance the other day (that jerk) when I realized their Fresco grilled Steak soft taco only has 160 calories and 4 grams of fat! I did a triple take at that menu board and ordered me one so fast. I usually have snack 1 around 10 am and I eat a 100 calorie pack of toasted ritz chips and then a 60 calorie sugar free dulche de leche pudding after dinner. Well that paticiular day I hadn't had a snack yet so I ate my taco with reckless abandon, counted it for my 100 calorie snack..ate my 60 calorie pudding later that only gave me an additional 20 calories for that day! Well worth it to taste "REAL" food. It was yummy too, here I am 3 days later still really excited about it .

However,

The weight I put back on over the holidays has me wondering about the long term effects of this diet. Granted I did stuff my face with Fudge and McDonalds nuggets
Old 01-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #82  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5' 2"

I just starting reading the Smash diet book today. I don't know much about it yet. I do know I may have a problem with the recipes since I really don't cook. I have been eating the prepared meals in the frozen section. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine and any of them that look or taste OK. I normally just add garlic powder or lemon juice to them to give them a little flavor.
I will continue to read the book because anything promising a quick and safe weight loss is worth looking into.