Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/145 HW: 232

Height: 5' 9"

Default Starting Extreme Fat Smash December 3rd :)

OK, I am going to try this crazy diet tomorrow. Anybody else interested in starting before the Christmas temptations set in????
Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 130/132.5/110

Height: 5' 1''

Default Looking for a check-in buddy?

Hi Dingo!

I just started on Monday the 1st so I'm only a couple of days ahead of you. I'm also hoping to drop some pounds before Christmas... Then I'll take a break for the holiday before starting up again. I'll check-in with you, if you'd like!

The first day was easy for me but I was soooo hungry on Day 2. Today has been fine, so far!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/147/120

Height: 5'5

What type of diet is it????
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #4  

Default yay! a friend!

Hey Chica,
Sounds good! I just went to the grocery store and bought all the food I will(or will not be eating )
Today has been ok, I haven't exercised yet. Is the exercise killing you??
How much are you hoping to lose?
Old 12-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD View Post
What type of diet is it????
It's the Extreme Fat Smash Diet. It entails a pretty stringent diet and exercise plan that lasts for 3 weeks. It pretty much guarantees results if you stick to the plan. It's great because they tell you exactly what to eat throughout the day so you have an easier time figuring out what to eat and when. The plan requires up to and hour and a half of exercise a day!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #6  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
Hey Chica,
Sounds good! I just went to the grocery store and bought all the food I will(or will not be eating )
Today has been ok, I haven't exercised yet. Is the exercise killing you??
How much are you hoping to lose?

Hey Dingo, YES - the exercise is a lot for me! I'm not a regular exerciser so it's not easy to go from NOTHING to an hour. I'm just going s-l-o-w so that I can last for an hour w/o passing out. I have a treadmill and a recumbant bike... Also, I'm a "Beta" so I have to put in a little extra exercise time.

My ultimate goal is 20 pounds... But if I can lose 15 and KEEP IT OFF, I'll be thrilled. I suppose I need to add my stats and create a little avatar.

Everything I've read says that this plan really works. We just have to do it! And remember that we're worth it!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #7  

Default So hungry today!

First day and I have been starving!
All these beans we are supposed to eat! How do you eat them?
I made a blackbean soup tonight but I don't think I will be able to eat that every night!
So glad there are snacks! Here's to 65 minutes of cardio!
Tomorrow you will be halfway through cycle 1! Yippee!!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #8  

Default Beans, beans, good for the heart (you know the rest)...

Quote:
First day and I have been starving!
All these beans we are supposed to eat! How do you eat them?
I made a blackbean soup tonight but I don't think I will be able to eat that every night!
So glad there are snacks! Here's to 65 minutes of cardio!
Tomorrow you will be halfway through cycle 1! Yippee!!
You know, I'm actually used to eating a lot of beans b/c I'm a vegetarian!

The first day, I mixed the (red kidney) beans with the veggies and added Garam Masala. It's an indian spice mixture that includes coriander, black pepper, cumin, cardamom and cinnamon.

The second day, I just used soy sauce on the beans (red kidney, again). It seems like soy sauce would be too high in sodium but it's included on the condiment list so I used it...

Today, I mixed black beans with the brown rice and added 1 T. of lo-fat dressing. I don't think the guidelines are clear (to me) as to whether we can have up to 3 T. of dressing EVERY day or if that's just the maximum amount for the days he lists salad dressing in the menu. In any case, I didn't think 1 T. would hurt!

If you're not used to eating lots of beans (or lots of high fiber foods, in general), watch out! I remember needing lots of Mylanta when I first adopted a vegetarian diet!

Anyhow, I wasn't as hungry today as I was yesterday - so things will definitely get better. Stay strong and visualize that goal! We deserve to look as fabulous as we feel!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Default Started Extreme Fat Smash

I started EFS last Sunday and I'm doing great. I thought I would be starving by now, but I feel great! Hopefully this program will get my past this plateau I've been stuck in for the past month.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #10  

Default Yay for another friend!

YAY! Another friend! Congrats on staying on track since Sunday!
I gained 20 lbs this summer for no apparent reason! Perhaps stress or a thyroid condition(getting tested for that )
Now I am spending the holidays with my fiance's family and I really don't want the first thing that comes to their head to be "my, she has put on weight!".
So I know I can't lose all the weight before then but if I can just get my muffin tops back in my pants and not feel totally self conscious all the time, I will be happy!

Last edited by Dingo; 12-04-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #11  

Default Welcome

Hi FABlynne! I knew Dingo and I couldn't be the only two to start this week! Have you weighed in yet - or are you going to stick to the rules and only weigh once a week? I'm going to wait, but I'm soooo anxious to see what my results are!

Congratulations on the engagement, Dingo! When's the big day? Have you gone dress shopping? Does he have a brother, for me?!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #12  

Hee Hee, I don't you want to meet his brother....unless you like doing bong hits and watching cartoons for most of the day! Let me know and I will introduce you (my guy is nothing like that!!)

We had a big day set for next summer. Unfortunately we had to cancel our plans due to the fact that his family wasn't really able to travel across the country to come(expensive, illness). Now we aren't really sure what we are going to do.

I did go dress shopping though and even though I was pretty heavy and I don't normally like "trying on clothes", this was a freaking blast. Those dresses make any body look gorgeous!

Today I got up and did my morning exercise(45 min). After 65 min of stair climbing last night I felt like my legs were going to fall off!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #13  

Default Weigh Daily

Oh, and I weigh myself daily. It keeps me going. I find that if I don't weigh myself I feel like I can cheat and make up for it later in the week. That's just me
Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #14  

Quote:
Hee Hee, I don't you want to meet his brother....unless you like doing bong hits and watching cartoons for most of the day! Let me know and I will introduce you (my guy is nothing like that!!)

We had a big day set for next summer. Unfortunately we had to cancel our plans due to the fact that his family wasn't really able to travel across the country to come(expensive, illness). Now we aren't really sure what we are going to do.

I did go dress shopping though and even though I was pretty heavy and I don't normally like "trying on clothes", this was a freaking blast. Those dresses make any body look gorgeous!

Today I got up and did my morning exercise(45 min). After 65 min of stair climbing last night I felt like my legs were going to fall off!
Hmm, so maybe I'll pass on the brother and stick with eHarmony!

You know, my friends make fun of me but I love that show, "Say Yes to the Dress"! I think everyone can look like a perfect 10 with the right cut of dress...

I did the treadmill this morning - actually, it was an iTrain workout. Have you seen that site? You can download all sorts of workouts... The treadmill workouts I've tried so far, give you 3 levels (walking, jogging, running) and the music is pretty good. The workout leader tells you when to increase speed or incline and the time flew by. They have workouts for other pieces of equipment, too.

So, what's the verdict Ms. Daily Weigher? How much have you lost this week?!?!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #15  

Ain't lost nothin' But then again.....it is only day 2. Haha