Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5.5

Default Newbie...

I have perused the forums and really want to give EFS a try. I have a daughter getting married in six weeks and need to drop some lb's... fast!
I had planned to get the book... but have sick children at home... can anyone help me to get started with a briefing of what and what nots? I probably will not be able to get out until the middle of the week.
PLEASE................
Old 04-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Default Fat smash

Hi there,
I just googled fat smash diet and it gave me all the info I needed to get started, I start in the morning...let me know how your doing, maybe we can be diet buddys
Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #3  

Thanks... a buddy would be great! I will see what I can find... I kinda know the basic's but I really want to get the book. Hopefully I can get it on Thursday... but in the meantime I want to begin while I'm motivated!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

So far so good today, I am not hungry at all and I am hoping I stay this motivated, I was up to 167.5 this morning and that is heavier than I have been in a VERY LONG TIME!! Hope to get back to 162 soon, I will be watching the scale like a hawk LOL...How has your day been??
Old 04-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #5  

Well, Not good I guess... I had some steel cut oats and fresh pineapple for breakfast... and then I read online somewhere that you are not to have pineapple, watermelon and bananas... so.... and then I had veggies, and some black bean salsa....with chips!!! I'm sure that was a no-no!!! I think I am slipping off tonight to go get the book so that I know what I'm doing. LOL! I googled but I'm not finding all the info for the extreme version. And no exercise....
Old 04-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

As far as I have read, pineapple is fine for the fat smash diet, the chips are a no no though, I didnt know you were on the extreme version but it doesnt matter, we can still help each other through it I hope tommorow is a better day for you....
Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #7  

Yes... today is a better day... I am doing well. My husband and I ran to our nearest barnes and noble (30 mi.) last night, and I got the book.
So... today I had two eggwhites for breakfast and an orange.
for lunch a bowl of mixed fruit, and almonds for my snack.... so far so good.
I am excited to see the outcome. I love veggies and beans, so I think this will not be too hard. I need to get my exercise in though... that's what will be hard for me. How are doing?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

Doing great!
I am glad to see you are too I am gonna walk 2 miles tonight with my oldest daughter and that should finish out a great day...I lost 3 pounds last night already, so I am really motivated to see what can happen for me during the detox phase...oh and I made a recipe that is delicious, here it is

1 can organic kidney beans
1 can no salt added stewed tomatoes
1 can organic diced tomatoes
1 cup brown rice (pre cooked)
and if you like 1 boca burger patty

crumble the burger and add the rest of the ingredients in a pot and cook for about an hour on medium heat..I did add 1 tsp chili seasoning to it too and it is delicious!! Glad your having a great day and hope to hear from you soon
Old 04-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #9  

Awesome for you!!!!! I guess I should weigh myself.....I know... but I just hate seeing the number so bad! I"m making a chili for dinner tonight that I got online... thanks for your recipe. I will try it. And maybe squeeze in a walk with my hubby! You are doing so great! congratulations!!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

I know what you mean about the scale, but you will be happy when you see the drop, and it is on its way
Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #11  
Losing on the Beach

Oh I am thrilled!!! I lost 5 pounds in 2 days!!!! I cannot wait to see how much better this is gonna get! I am going to Six Flags in the morning though and I will have to restart the 9 day detox Saturday...BUT I will do it...and I will stay the course, the results are just tooo wonderful and I havent felt this good in a long time
Old 04-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #12  

Six flags, that sounds like fun.
I was up and on the go yesterday shopping for my daughter's bridial shower, which is tomorrow....And then a meeting at 7pm. But, I did really well, I took along almonds and plenty of water... stopped at Panera for a small salad and juice for a lunch on the go and then to Chiptle for some beans and chicken for meal #3. I got home with enough time to make some veggies and rice to eat before the meeting. And I have to tell you that I stepped on the scale yesterday and it said 150!!!!! WhooHoo!! I was thrilled!!! Well, I know that I didn't loose ten lbs. that quickly... so I must of lost a few before... (I went ahead and changed my current weight.... but I don't want to seem misleading... do you think I should change my starting weight? ) I don't really care when it happened... just knowing that I'm at 150 is great. But, I'm with you... I am loving how I feel and loving the results! Can't wait until the end of phase one so I can weigh myself again.
I hope you did well with your outing.

* I put on a pair of my capri's this morning and they feel so much better!!

Last edited by desperate2feelgood; 04-25-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #13  
Losing on the Beach

WOW girl!!! 150???

You have done awsome!! I wouldnt change my ticker..you did lose the 10 pounds and you should be proud to show it I am re-starting phase one today, as yesterday I really fell of the program at Six Flags ;( I am back to the drawing board though and I just know this time I can do this the full 9 days with no diverting off the plan, and I feel great when I do stick to it 100%. Hope you are having a great day, I wish I knew a smoothie recipe for you, but I will try to look one up for you later today if no one responds soon...
Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #14  
Losing on the Beach

Well day 2 down and 7 to go on detox for me...the good news is that I have lost 2 pounds and I am excited to see how much more I will lose since I am doing the full 9 days with mo trips in the near future LOL, How are you doing???
Old 04-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #15  

Well...... not so good... maybe? I kind of went off track... i did really well until last night... by then I thought.. oh nuts... i'm just eating!!! lol
But really, I just didn't follow the plan... I had some whole wheat bread...and chips! oops... and well, today begins a week of prayer and fasting... and my husband and I are only going to eat fruit.... so I will get back on EFS after that...Maybe I will get my fill of bananas, pineapple, and watermelon this week!! LOL I know I shouldn't be thinking of how much I will lose during prayer and fasting week.... but.... I am! We will see what the scale says on friday!
Have a super Monday!!