Old 12-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #31  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone -

Just checking in to see how everyone's day is going. It is a little colder here which means no chance of walking but thats ok and the rain is coming At least it isn't snow that so many are getting out west this week.

I found fresh peeled/cored pinepple on sale at the grocery last night for 1.99 and it is so good! It satisfied my craving for something sweet last night night and now I am snacking on it at work.

Sarah, your new photo is beautiful! It has inspired me to do something I have never thought about doing here before. When I get to my goal weight and start doing weight training again, I am going to put a photo of me in a bikini on here come spring or summer. I am going to pull a Kirstie Alley! You guys hold me to that too in case I forget

Mary, I am so looking forward to Phase 2 but I think I will detox through the weekend until Sunday when I have Xmas Eve dinner w/ my family. That is just 2 extra days and maybe it will help me make up for the damage I might do on Xmas Day! Congrats on feeling so much better. I am feeling great too!

Jacquie are are kicking butt! A pound a day is great!

Linda, Ladean and Sherry and everyone else out there lurking - I hope you are having a great day today.

No Jazzercise for me tonight, I am looking forward to a relaxing evening instead.

Talk to everyone later....Lem
Old 12-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #32  
kindacrazy

S/C/G: 171/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile starting again

OK !!!! WOW SMASHERS YOU ARE ALL DOING SOOOO AWSOME

sarah you look beautiful you are a total insperation to me !

Iv decided i can do this!!!! im so thankfull for all you smashers i dont post very often but i read almost every day. iv been kinda ashamed about not staying on track with the diet.

so for the rest of the day today and for the next 9 days im detoxing !!!! on christmas i will have very small amount of white potatoes with turkey gravey and some wine but i can make up for that

thank goodness i really dont care for sweets or id be in trouble !!! its the carbs and the wine and beer i love

I guess everyone has there demons

love you all !
God Bless and happy holidays
Old 12-20-2006, 02:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 199/199/140

Height: 5' 10"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem View Post
Hello everyone -

Just checking in to see how everyone's day is going. It is a little colder here which means no chance of walking but thats ok and the rain is coming At least it isn't snow that so many are getting out west this week.

I found fresh peeled/cored pinepple on sale at the grocery last night for 1.99 and it is so good! It satisfied my craving for something sweet last night night and now I am snacking on it at work.

Sarah, your new photo is beautiful! It has inspired me to do something I have never thought about doing here before. When I get to my goal weight and start doing weight training again, I am going to put a photo of me in a bikini on here come spring or summer. I am going to pull a Kirstie Alley! You guys hold me to that too in case I forget

Mary, I am so looking forward to Phase 2 but I think I will detox through the weekend until Sunday when I have Xmas Eve dinner w/ my family. That is just 2 extra days and maybe it will help me make up for the damage I might do on Xmas Day! Congrats on feeling so much better. I am feeling great too!

Jacquie are are kicking butt! A pound a day is great!

Linda, Ladean and Sherry and everyone else out there lurking - I hope you are having a great day today.

No Jazzercise for me tonight, I am looking forward to a relaxing evening instead.

Talk to everyone later....Lem
Sounds like some serious motivation I'll join you in that adventure..accountability How's May 1st?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Good Afternoon Smashers!

Sarah~ I agree with everyone else. YOU LOOK AWESOME!! Keep it up!

Crackers~ I went through the same thing. I was eating off plan and didn't feel like posting all of my failures. But.. once I got back to posting...I started eating better. Glad you are back with us!

Lem~ I was hoping for warmer weather today, too. No such luck. I miss getting out and walking. Guess I will have to get used to winter. lol. I can't wait to see you in a bikini!! That is so awesome!

Jacquie~ 6 lbs in 6 days is great! I am planning on eating a little bit of everything on Christmas. We are having our meal at home... so we can control what we are eating.

Mary~ I have been having a good day with Joshua.. Thanks!

Linda~ I will have to check that BL dvd out. Thanks for the recommedation!

Ladean~ Glad you are doing so good! Fat Smash is the greatest.

Have a great evening!

Sherry
Old 12-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #35  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Hey gang

I just wanted to pop in real quit before starting dinner...I'm having brown rice with egg white scrambled and added to the rice with red,green,yellow bell peppers and onions, I cook my rice in fat free low sodium chicken broth, and add a little low sodium soy sauce, YUM YUM LOL. It's so great coming here and reading all the posts, you guys really motivate me and help keep me going. I was feeling a little hungry and almost hit the can of mixed nuts, but decided to come here and post first, so by the time I'm done it will be time to start cooking LOL, hey whatever works.
Hope y'all have a great night, and I'll see you tomorrow.

Ladean
Old 12-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #36  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Hey Buddie, What ever works!! lol Iam glad you came here instead of the
cAN!! Day three doing great!! right on target , i feel so good! Ladean
you need to get the bl dvd Volum 2. Just love it!! It is great. lol I just
did the three segements. Kim said in one of her workouts. The pain will
go away , but quiting will last forever.Have a good night.

good night to all of my board family!! you rock!!Just full of motivation and
no excused. lol What i love all about you, you hold yourself accountable.
no excuses just accountability.Keep on a smashing.lol
Old 12-21-2006, 06:19 AM   #37  
bouncy

Good morning beauiful ladies, Have a great and very blessed day.
let all of us take a me day!! lol we so deserve it, with all the rush
lets try to take a couple of hours at least for ourselfves. lol
Wanted to say a quick hello, need to get moving , fixing to do
two segments of the bl dvd. It jumps start my day. lol ON day
four detox . Feeling good and vey motivated. lol I know ladies
we can do this. Lets get moving and shaking some time today!!
Try to check in at work later. Take care of all of you board family
Old 12-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #38  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey Mary - Congrats on your loss! May 1st deadline for the bikini sounds great! Lets keep each other motivated! Once I get back to weight training for a few weeks I am ok but the first 2 weeks are so hard for me because I am so sore and not used to going.

Did anyone see the show last night (I think it was Primetime or one of those news shows) about the 2 groups who were put against each other to lose weight? Neither group received diet advice, just work together as a team and one group received only positive reinforcement. They weighed in twice a week and had 2 months to lose 15 lbs each. The other group were under what is called credible threat. They worked for a minor league ball team and they had to either put on speedos or bikinis and have their picture taken at their current weight. If they didn't lose the 15 lbs, their photos would go up on the jumbotron screen during a baseball game. The experiment was to see if positive reinforcement or negative worked best. The positive team lost more weight, but just slightly. It was pretty cool to see how it worked.

I weigh in tomorrow morning - I am still hoping for 145. I have been visualizing that number all week and I think it will happen I was hoping to be in the 130s by New Years but that isn't going to happen. My 2 week detour being out of town in San Francisco slowed me down.

Can we get anymore takers on the bikini? Or at least workout wear or a one piece? C'mon ladies....I think this is great motivation. If you don't want to show your face, you can crop your head out, its your body we want

Have a great day! Lem
Old 12-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #39  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Hey Buddie, What ever works!! lol Iam glad you came here instead of the
cAN!! Day three doing great!! right on target , i feel so good! Ladean
you need to get the bl dvd Volum 2. Just love it!! It is great. lol I just
did the three segements. Kim said in one of her workouts. The pain will
go away , but quiting will last forever.Have a good night.

good night to all of my board family!! you rock!!Just full of motivation and
no excused. lol What i love all about you, you hold yourself accountable.
no excuses just accountability.Keep on a smashing.lol
Good morning buddie, way to go on sticking to detox, we all know it's not easy, especially this time of year, your doing GREAT!....I did 2 days of phase 2 and lost that extra pound, so it's phase 4 for me starting today. My son got the job and starts on the 5th, so he's excited...I have cookies to bake today, so I have to be extra strong....I plan to get the BL DVD right after Christmas if I don't get it from DH, I love the first one, so if you say the second one is better, it's a must have for me LOL....Well, off to start my cookies...Have a great day buddie

Ladean
Old 12-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey everyone!

Just have a few mins to post. I wanted to stop in and say "hi." Hope you all have a great day!!

KEEP SMASHING!

Sherry
Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem View Post
Hey Mary - Congrats on your loss! May 1st deadline for the bikini sounds great! Lets keep each other motivated! Once I get back to weight training for a few weeks I am ok but the first 2 weeks are so hard for me because I am so sore and not used to going.

Did anyone see the show last night (I think it was Primetime or one of those news shows) about the 2 groups who were put against each other to lose weight? Neither group received diet advice, just work together as a team and one group received only positive reinforcement. They weighed in twice a week and had 2 months to lose 15 lbs each. The other group were under what is called credible threat. They worked for a minor league ball team and they had to either put on speedos or bikinis and have their picture taken at their current weight. If they didn't lose the 15 lbs, their photos would go up on the jumbotron screen during a baseball game. The experiment was to see if positive reinforcement or negative worked best. The positive team lost more weight, but just slightly. It was pretty cool to see how it worked.

I weigh in tomorrow morning - I am still hoping for 145. I have been visualizing that number all week and I think it will happen I was hoping to be in the 130s by New Years but that isn't going to happen. My 2 week detour being out of town in San Francisco slowed me down.

Can we get anymore takers on the bikini? Or at least workout wear or a one piece? C'mon ladies....I think this is great motivation. If you don't want to show your face, you can crop your head out, its your body we want

Have a great day! Lem
Great!! I have a performance in may in front of 140 people at a banquet. I really want to slim down and tone up! It's great to have a buddie with the same goal. I'll have to check in to weight training a little later. Man,I'm so excited!!!! Thanks.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #42  

Hi Everyone. Day 2 of Phase II and I love it!! I had Sea Bass last night for dinner....OMG!!! I've been doing Turbo Jam and Stretchs...35 min. I'm going to increase to 45-60 in a week or so. I totally love FS. It's too bad I didn't have the plan 30 lbs ago.LOL. You are the greatest board family anyone could have. Love and

Mary
Old 12-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #43  
bouncy

Good morning Beautiful smashers. A quick pop in !! ha!! ha!! on my
way to pick up some co-wokers, today is our xmas lucheon. lol
Doing good on detox. Today they will have chicken. so i might
eat a few bites , but not finish. No desert for me. I think they
usual have salad and steamed green beans. So i will be ok.lol
If not i will eat a few bites. lol Feeling realy good. Iam not kidding
girls. I have done the bl dvd at least three segements. Just for
being nosie. I thought i would try a skirt that is a size 12 that has
been a little tight. It fits!! It didnt even fit when i weight less!!
Iam telling you , that workout has done it. They have 10min and
15 min segements . You mix and match which workouts you put
together. Well anyway i feel i have lost in my waist. You sweat
girfriends. Ok, Iam not going to try to sell the dvd!!! ha!!! Ha!! but it
works.lol Have to run , hope to see all later. Keep up the great job
smashers. So happy i haVe my board family.Take care of all of
you. Remember be commited and do the work and you will have
what you want. Remember dont give up!! the journey is so worth
the effort!!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #44  
bouncy

That was when i weighed more !! the skirt didnt fit!! oh!! that is what
i get for being in a hurry!! lol
Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #45  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Smile Morning

Good morning everyone.
I am coming down with a cold. I feel awful...headache, sore throat, stuffed up. Maybe its the cold, but my wisdom teeth are coming through on the bottom and my gums are killing me. I am having trouble eating and it is throwing me off. I am used to crunchy vegetables and soups are just not filling me up. The only thing that helps is gargling salt water. I did a short workout yesterday but my head was pounding. I think I am going to take it easy for a couple of days and just rest.
Linda- Good for you! You have lost weight and in the right places for that skirt to fit!
Hi Sherry, Ladean, Lem, Mary, Jacquie, anyone else I can't think of at the moment!
Thanks for the many wonderful compliments! It has been a longtime since I have felt confident about the way I look or anyone has called me slender!(I cried happy tears.) I have been pregnant 4 times in the last 5 years and just kept gaining more and more with each one.

I will join you all for the bikini challenge for May. I plan to wear a bikini next weekend on vacation but I don't think I look good enough in it to show it off LOL.
TGIF!!!
Sarah