Old 12-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/140/115

Height: 5'4'"

Default This is hard!

I am only on my second day and I am desperatly craving meat. I don't have any cravings for sugar- which was my main weakness, but I am wanting meat bad. I used to have some form of meat at lunch everyday and I am sitting here eating my salad and dreaming of a piece of grilled chicken laying on top!
Only 7 more days to go!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

IMO, overly restrictive diets which cause intense cravings are the diets that most people end up giving up on. Granted, its a "detox" phase and it only lasts a few days, but wouldn't giving up dieting and starting a lifestyle change be more beneficial?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #3  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey Mommy,

I DO think this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. I think your cravings will subside in the next 2 or 3 days if not sooner. I didn't have a problem but I wasn't a big beef or pok eater. I did miss my fish and shrimp though. I learned to add & try some new foods like soy nuts, soy crisps & tofu. Be strong - you can do it! If you absolutely cannot make it, have a small amount of turkey or grilled chicken, 1 serving won't make a difference. On occasion I have some chicken noodle soup or a sandwich while on Phase 1 or 2 and it hasn't hurt me. Good luck. Lem
Old 12-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/140/115

Height: 5'4'"

I do realize this is a total lifestyle change, and I am more than willing to stick it out for the rest of my life. I was always a healthy eater before and that is why I picked this plan...to get back to that and rid my body of the sugar and junk I have been eating lately. The funny thing is, I was a vegetarian for 14 years and only started eating meat again when I was pregnant. I couldn't believe my body was actually craving it. But alas, it has passed.

Thanks for the support!

Elisabeth