Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:05 AM   #91  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Lori,
Yes, my mamacita is the best, she truly is and we really did have fun on the trip. We have a few more things to roar in laughter about that nobody else seems to "get". And my baby Simba is 13 years old or 91 in dog years, but she's doing really well and not showing her age too much. She loves it here in CA, but the house in bigger and she always wants to see me, so she's under my parents feet and it gets irritating, so she's finding her way.

Things are well here. This week has lots in store. Hoping to find a job.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #92  

Smile no loss but no gain!

I weighed in on Saturday and was glad that after my "bad" week and a half there was no more damage done. I stayed at 170! I was so worried that I had really blown it and would gain but am thankful that I did not. So on to another week on the "beach" (south beach that is!) and with the Lord's help I am determined to make good choices all week. Thanks for everyone's prayers and thoughts and the welcoming I received last week. It is great to be part of the group!
Have a great week and I will be talking to you again.
Sherie
Old 10-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #93  

Default Quickie-

Gotta run to catch up on my devotions as way behind again, been so busy what's new.
E.Z.- Isn't she a cutie! I agree- daddy will have his hands full
Mitchy- Thanks as well, she makes everyone youthfull again, can't wait till Christmas this year, as always more fun through a child's eyes. My prayers that your soon feeling so much better- hope the tea works what a great pic of mom, I love spending time with my mom and dad and they are two of my best friends, as they always have my best interests at heart. Glad you 'll be able to share more with yours as it is so inportant. I attached another pic of my my two nieces together. Both cute! I am biased though

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:38 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

MICHELE: Can I use your "Thank you Jesus" banner? I know without Him helping me, I'd never get this weight off - it's SO daunting.

SUE & MICHELE: I know what you mean about being close to your mom and parents - my parents adopted me at 3 months and honestly, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for them. Mom and I talk 3 times a day - no kidding! - and I wouldn't have it any other way - they live 90 miles away so we only see them once a week or so, but I treasure them so much!

I joined photobucket and reduced the pictures! But now the attachment thingy on here is saying that it's not a valid tag # - SIGH - what to do now???

SHERIE: Glad you stayed the same - sometimes that's the most we can hope for isn't it??

WHERE IS EVERYONE??? Front and Center! This means YOU!!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #95  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Lori, you are welcome to take the Jesus Blinkie, just save to your hard drive and/or photobucket and then link to your signature. And about your pics, when you copy from photobucket, take the one that has a [img] in front, that's the one to use on 3fc. Make sense? Oh, also the pic should be saved as a bmp or jpg that might be the problem.

I made beef stroganoff last night for the family from scratch. It was yummy. Want the recipe, pm me and i'll give you the link. Don't want to get in trouble here.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 233/198/170

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hello Everyone!!!!

Oh my goodness it has been so long since I have posted!!! I have been so busy lately it was just so overwhelming for a moment. My job has kept me very busy. It is nothing like the summer program. We have started the school year here at the center and we have some very "colorful" students here. I have plenty of stories to tell but will sum it up with weekly we have at least 5 cop cars here, drug dealers in the center, and gang bangers. I do believe the Lord has put me here to get through to the students. I have seen His work at hand through me and I know that I am in the right place at the right time.

Update on Channon: She is doing very well!! They thought they were going to have to go in and do another brain surgery because they thought she had another tumor, but praise God it was only scar tissue and it was absorb on its own. She is definitely our little miracle.

My husband got a new job!!! He was laid off for the summer but now he has a new job that we have been praying for for the last 8 months. He will start on Monday!! PTL!!!!

It is going to take some time for me to catch with all of you so I just wanted stop in and say hi to you all!! I have missed you all!!!

I will check in later!

Myisha
Old 10-17-2005, 10:17 PM   #97  

[IMG][/IMG]

Hi Everyone!

I FINALLY figured out the photo thing! This is Christopher and AJ - don't they look innocent!

NOT!!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #98  

[IMG][/IMG]

Here are all four of them!! Chris, Chelsi, Abbi and AJ -

Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #99  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!

We bit the bullet and bought a new computer this weekend. Staples had a really good deal so we went for it. DS is quite jealous of my new 17 inch flat screen monitor. I am loving it and how fast it works.

I've been reading the posts here and have had you in my prayers! It's great to see that there's weight being lost.

Myisha: It's so good to see you again. I've missed your posts. It sounds like you have a very challenging job. Praise God for Channon's recovery. It's so neat to witness a miracle like that.

Lori: What a nice family you have. I wish the pics had been a bit larger so I could get a better look at them.

Michele: I love stroganoff. I made it a couple of weeks ago too and the family loved it. Makes great leftovers too!

I better head off to bed. Another day of work tomorrow. It just doesn't let up around here.

Good night!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:54 PM   #100  

[IMG][/IMG]

This one should be bigger -

They are at the St. Louis Zoo!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:55 AM   #101  
Quit counting at 45!

Lori, What beautiful children!! How close in age are they?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:21 AM   #102  

Hello, It's been about a week since I was able to gt in here. I do publicity for two groups, and both have been busy. I am redoing all the flyers, posters, and handouts.

Wow! all the babies look so beautiful. We have no grandchildren, and all the neices and nephews except one are adults. Our daughter has been divorced for about a year and a half and is not looking, just tryuing to finish school.

We are having sun for a change, and we go from the A/C to the furnace, all in the same day. Did anyone see the big moon for the last two nights? It was so bright, the moon light coming through the bedroom window woke me up. God's creation is truely wonderful.
Congrats on the weight lost everyone. :ballons: I am the same as last week but at least i'm not gaining. We got the nestles' cookbook magazine in the mail yesterday, we get it every quarter, and last night we sat and drooled over the receipes Our daughter is also on 3FC, in another room.
My husband's bithhday is next week, and I am thinkin about baking him a pumpkin pie. With Splenda, I can make a dessert about once a month, besides, sugar free jello or yougurt : rolleyes:
Thursday, I'm going downtown to work at a science fair. One of the boards I'm on raises money for academic science schlorships for summer Science Camps. We have a science museum in Toledo and we will be there to promote science and environmental concerns.

I haven't been to the gym for a couple of weeks, too sore and in pain, but I'm hoping by next week I'll be able to get back in the pool.

Gary, I just have one thing to say, Go Bucks!
Penny MAc
Old 10-18-2005, 10:50 AM   #103  

Default Hi there!

Mom to 5 - WHAT CUTE KIDS! They are beautiful I agree about mom treasure both my parents.
Mitchy- Beef stroganoff sounds yummy haven't had that in a long time. Pray your feeling better.
Myisha- Nice to hear from you again, so glad the Lord answered all the prayers for Channon, what a blessing, and for the new jobs. Weren't you going to go on a missions trip this summer, or do I have you confused with someone else, if yes, how did that go?
Penny- pumpkin pie sounds yummy, I made pumpkin bars a couple weeks ago for prayer meeting they smelled so yummy cooking, like Thanksgiving.
Hi to all others that are MIA. I am doing good, starting to work on outfits for Christmas program for church so will be busy sewing, soon, I do all the costumes and props for the youth program, but it is always fun, and the kids work so hard at their skits and stuff. Like being busy. so gotta run catch ya later.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #104  

Hi Everyone!

That's AJ (8), Chris (7), Chelsi (9) and Abbi (9) - Chelsi and Abbi were adopted from the state of Tamil Nadu in India. They were in an orphanage in Chennai which used to be called Madras. AJ and Chris are blood sibs and only 13 months apart. They were born in Calif. I need to find a picture of my bio child, Mike, who is 19. They all keep me on my toes, that's for sure!

Gotta run! LAWL today!!

Bye Bye!

Old 10-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #105  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Lori, beautiful kids!! But hey, where are you? Want to see a pic of our dear sweet Lori!

Today my parents are away doing something with my brother so i got up and took a shower, made a cup of tea, having some yogurt and going to finish my resume. Then at noon i'm going to my friend Julie's house to help her with her twin girls, 3, and to help her clean. She said she'd pay me but i told her i'll just help her today and in the future if she wants something we'll work it out. She said she's going to hire someone to do certain things and would rather give me the money, and i can use the extra money so we'll see. It's hard to charge your friends though.

I'm going to try and have an on program today. Have to jump on again sometime.

Prayers for you all. Hey, where's our other guy Jonathan? Come back, don't leave us alone with Gary....
Closed Thread