Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 PM   #76  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Real quick post --

PLEASE pray for me! I am going on a trip to St. Louis to discern my possible vocation to the religious life!!!! Here is where I am going to go visit: http://www.carmelitedcj.org

I am so excited these sisters seem so awesome!

See ya monday!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #77  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a really foggy morning here. Hopefully the drive to work will be uneventful. I have only a 10 minute drive so it's not too bad. Things are going really well for me at work right now. I am feeling more and more comfortable in my role as supervisor. It still has its challenges but I feel I'm up to that.

I almost have the top of the quilt pieced together. It's going to look really nice. Dark blues and reds. I am looking forward to doing the stitching. That's my favorite part.

I have maintained my weight since August. I feel very fortunate because sometimes my food choices aren't very good. I have 10 - 15 lbs. more to lose and won't do it if I keep eating that ice cream!! It does feel good to have people notice the weight loss and to feel good in clothes again.

Rachel: My prayers are with you as you make decisions about your future.

Jonathon: You are doing so well! I also have some clothes that were a goal for me to fit into. One was a dress that I could barely get over my head. Now it's a little loose on me. What a feeling! Keep up the great work.

Gary: Your lamenting about your nephew sounds so familiar. My youngest DS was exactly like that. He did graduate and is now in a job he enjoys. He's also thinking about getting into college. There is hope!!

DH and I got free tickets to see out local CFL (Canadian Football League)team play on Sunday. We're looking forward to going. We don't get to go to many games so it'll be fun.

Michele: Glad you made it safe and sound. A massage sounds good about now doesn't it? Take care of yourself.

Sue: A big welcome to you! We hope you find the support you need here. I know I sure do!!

Gotta go brave the fog. Have a great day!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:18 AM   #78  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Granny wanting to fit in!

Good Morning Encouragers!
I joined the 3 Chicks in August '05 and found most sites too big to fit in. I've just spent the past hour checking out this site and profiles. I think I love you all! My hubby just retired this September and he wants to go shopping so I'll check in with everyone later, O.K.?
Bobbi
Old 10-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #79  

Default Hi there!

I am doing great! Still raining, but could be worse, could be snowing. I am off today. My sister and her family are taking my niece (kristie) out to check out Cederville college so my mom/Dad have my niece Kaylee (china doll) for the weekend. I am working days tom. then going home overnight so I can spend some time with her should be fun.
Mitchy- so happy you arrived safely and prayers your soon feeling great and able to enjoy being home.
Mom to 5- You are doing great down another lb, Cool how the Lord works things out when we let Him .
Sue- you sound like a very busy women, I can relate with that. Does this Women's Ministry help other find jobs! or provide that plus other assistance?Johnathan- WOW! Great Job ! down 26 lbs. You are doing awesome. Your little church did great, $10,000 is alot to raise, there is so much work to be done, our little church sent a group 2 years ago to Ghana, but those that went raised there own money the church helped send 2 large containers of food, and different articles.
to Penny/mac and Sherie and bobbi glad you joined, the more the merrier.
E.Z. Hey! keep sending it , its alond ways from California to New York, gotta cross over those mountains and its picking up lots of water. I went to Cozumel, Grand Caymans, Ocho Rios, and had a wonderful time as well. Thanks for the prayers, she is suppose to be gaining in alertness, so sounds like she is doing a litlle better. Going to try to post a new pic of our niece, she is too cute in a sailor suit. Your Nephew is lucky to have you to help guide him along the way, he had a rough road for awhile.
Lateralus- Serving the Lord is what should be 1st in our lives, and often it is placed down the list, and plays second fiddle to something else. Pray all goes well with school.
Hi to all I missed! Sunny hope you and Joe are enjoying that vacation as well. Will try to post that pic. see ya!

Last edited by doitforme; 10-13-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:40 PM   #80  

Default Photo of Kaylee-

Here it is! Isn't she cute, of course then I am biased!

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

HI EVERYONE!

How's everyone doing on this beautiful fall Thursday afternoon? Went to LAWL today and am down another 2.4 pounds! Thank-you God! I have so many people praying for me to do this right this time! A few more pounds and I'll never see the 300's again! \O/

SUE: Kaylee is a DOLL! Isn't adoption awesome?? Of course, I'm biased too! I'd love to post a pic of my babies - how do you do that though?

BOBBI: I joined this group a few months ago and just love them! This is the kindest bunch of people you will meet on the internet, believe me! I am Lori and my DH is Bob - been married 28 years and dated 5 years before that! We grew up together. Our kids are Mike (19), my only biological miracle. Abbi and Chelsi are 9 and were adopted from India. AJ is 8 and Chris is 7 and were adopted from Calif. I have over 100 pounds to lose and just joined LAWL in Sept. Lost around 12-13 pounds so far!! I'm excited!

WILMA: Hope the fog didn't cause you any problems! I'm in a fog most days, but NOT due to the weather!

RACHEL: Keep us posted on your STL trip! You will be right across the river from me!

JONATHAN: Congrats on the great weight loss! I know what you mean about looking at dog food or whatever and thinking about how much we carry around - or used to carry around. When I get to my goal I will have lost 145 pounds. NO WONDER my knees are shot!!

GARY: Thanks for prayers for the kids - our school district is so awesome. They are working with AJ on his issues and are actually going to meet with our whole family from time to time - they already work with Chelsi on a cognitive and behavioral basis due to her brain damage -

SEW4LIFE: You will love it here!!

MICHELE: Welcome Home! Glad you made it safe and sound!

Hi to all you other chickies out there! Have a great evening!!

Old 10-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #82  

Default Mom to 5

I would love to see all your sweeties too, awesome 2.5 more pounds way to
go. I have a hewlette packard which came with hp photo center and I have a program called acdsee photo which lets me adjust to right size than I just add as attachment on bottom. I know some people here use photo bucket.
The big thing is the size of the photo. Try it and see if there is a problem someone who uses photo bucket may be able to help. Its weird since I was with her the first two weeks in China before she got home to the rest of her family as it was just me and my sister that went to China, that she'll always be special but then all my nieces and nephews hold their own special place.
See ya later, give it a try.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:07 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 237/237/137

Height: 5'3"

Default Catching up....

I have been trying to catch up on the messages here - it's the best way I know how to get to know each of you. It may take me awhile, though, so forgive me!

Thanks so much for the welcomes - I laughed at the "sewing Sue" one - couldn't figure out who that was until I realized it's me! "sew" are really my inititials, but I also love to quilt! So "sewing Sue" works for me.

So much is happening in each of your lives - please know I do pray as the requests are made.

In a nutshell, Christian Women's Job Corps equips women for life and employment. We just wrote our vision and mission statements and are in the process of writing policy and procedures. Soon we will be training mentors, and hope to be serving clients by June 1st. God is certainly in the details of this ministry, and we are excited to see what He has planned in the Las Vegas area.

I remember one of you is from Minnesota - whereabouts? I have LOTS of family in Minnesota.

We are heading to Arizona tomorrow with my Dad and Mom, 80 and 77 respectively. I look forward to spending as much time with them as we can. They just live 3 miles from us, so it is quite handy for us to help them out whenever they ask. (Getting them to ask isn't always easy, though!)

Congratulations to all on the weight maintenance and losses. Isn't this the pits? 30 years ago I would never have thought I would be going thru this!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:02 PM   #84  

Default How Do I make photos smaller? (OT)

Sue -

I tried the attachment thingy and it brought up my photos with no problem -

But..........they are too big and I have no clue how to make them smaller?

Can anybody help me to make my photos 50 kb or smaller?

THANKS!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:07 AM   #85  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Sue,
I was from MN but i just moved back to CA this week. I lived in Shakopee. Familiar with that town? It was nice there, but i wasn't happy. Too isolated and I missed my family here.

Hello to all. Just checking in before i get to sleep.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:25 AM   #86  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Lori, SunnyD is the expert on this stuff, but if you have a photo program try to look up how to resize a picture. Resize to 360x480 or just make it smaller and then save and then attach. If you use photobucket you can resize there. There are many options. I hope i'm not confusing you.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #87  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink Oh My Goodness Are We In Trouble!

AUNT SUE~

OH MY GOODNESS ARE WE IN TROUBLE!! I AM GOING TO HAVE TO START SAVING MY $$$$$$$$$$$ FOR A SHOTGUN AND SHOOTING LESSONS FOR WHEN KAYLEE STARTS DATING!!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #88  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

No kidding, she is a beautiful girl! How exciting it must be to have her in your family.

We are kind of celebrating my brother's birthday today, it was the 11th, but he came home today, just opened his presents and we're having a chocolate bday cake. I'm making the frosting now... and yes, i'm eating cake.

I've spent most of the day in bed with a bad back and really swollen ankles and feet. My friend reminded me about my mom's cure of parsley tea, i told her and she forgot too, but made me some and i'm already improving. You just take a bunch of parsley and boil the heck out of it, strain and drink. It really makes you go... but i think it's helping.

I was suppose to go see the Late Late Show taped with Craig Ferguson this afternoon but we didn't go because of me. Another time. Here's a pic of my dear sweet mamacita and my baby Simba on our trip.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:33 AM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Usc Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All Is Good!
Old 10-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #90  

Hi Everyone!

It's so quiet on here this weekend! Our weekend was pretty non-eventful. Mike went to Six Flags Fright Night on Fri. night with the girlfriend - Not something I would like, but you know 19 year old boys - sigh - they said it was pretty cool. I put a bunch of clothes on ebay today. Some of the kids coats and stuff that were too small. AND some of my clothes that are too big! I can't believe that the small amount I've lost makes a difference in clothes, but it has already!

MICHELE: Your mom looks so sweet! No wonder you missed her! I'm glad you are home! And Simba is a doll baby! How old is she? We have 3 fur babies and I'd love for you all to see them, but alas - I cannot get my pictures to shrink! I've tried two different programs!

GARY: Well, glad USC won - I don't follow too much sports - although I've been a St. Louis Cardinal fan for 50 years and they are doing terrible with the Astros - Not sure what their deal is!!

Hope everyone is doing good! Have a great week!

Closed Thread