Old 09-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #16  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome to Deana and Triumph! Glad you've found our thread!

It's been a long week already and it's only half over! Took DS3 to his ortho doc at Mayo yesterday for knee issues. Can't remember if I shared this, but his PT thought he might have a torn meniscus. Fortunately, the meniscus is ok. There is a crack in the cartilage around the kneecap and his kneecaps are very high (we knew this before because both boys got it from me) which predisposes them to knee injuries and kneecap dislocation. But, the good news is that the ortho surgeon believes the cartilage may heal on its own and, since DS3 can still run and play football with little to no pain (at this time), she wants to wait to do any kind of surgery. We are to call her if he has any other pain or trouble, though. His low back issue (spondylolysis with spondilolysthesis) has stabilized and shows NO change or further movement!! Such a good report! We took him to Red Lobster to celebrate afterward!

I know God deserves all the credit for keeping DS3's injuries from becoming debilitating!

Along with that, DS3's 17th birthday is tomorrow, so I was shopping today to see if I could find him something he'd like. It's hard to buy for teen boys, but I found a couple items he should like

Well, must go get ready for bed. Hope you all have a great tomorrow!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TRIUMPH -- lots of people have had great success with the WW program. Glad to have you join us over here; the more the merrier, I say ...

The furnace guys surprised us and came 2 weeks early; they installed the new furnace and hot water tank in only 1.5 days. Wow -- I hope that means we saved some more $$$. They also recommended their own electrician to me for a future job that will save K's off the estimated price. GOD BLESS them for that, and GOD BLESS our bank and our financial advisor too, as they are helping us with this purchase. We will be a bit more frugal so that we can pay it off asap.

We had a good, busy day. Wednesday is my bath day and I clean my washroom well on this day as well. Plus I did my laundry and changed the linens on my bed, etc. Eating has been good too; I made a soup for lunch with leftovers from our last turkey dinner, and then made spagettini with a homemade veggie-filled sauce for dinner tonight.

I was able to get out for my walk tonight; although I was a bit sore, I made it back home OK. A really nice police officer offered to give me a ride home when he saw me take a shortcut; he correctly realized that I was getting tired. I went a little further than I thought I had; but I thanked him and told him that I was very close to home (which I was). GOD BLESS him for his concern and kind offer though; nice to know I could count on them if I needed them. I'd hate to fall flat on my face from exhaustion; what a dilemma that would create ... I'll be more careful next time when going a new route; and will take more breaks as I go along as well.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-11-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #18  

So I went last week and joined WW (again) as I said in my previous note. I have done terrible this week. It took me 3 days to even attempt the diet. Then I started off great at breakfast and lunch, then **lookout** after dinner I ate sooooo bad. I ate poptarts bought for my grandson, cheese its and on and on..... I NEED to go today to WW but I think I am going to have to drag myself there. UGH
triumph100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #19  

Hmm... I tried posting this morning before I went to my first weigh in at WW. I had mentioned that it took me several days before I even was able to start the WW, then I did well until around 3 and did terrible UGH..
I went and did go up by only .4, but still. So after some consideration because I stopped tracking after I went crazy with food, this week I must track EVERYTHING no matter what. Please say a prayer I can stick to this.
Thank you, Blessings
Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #20  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Officially starting my program tomorrow! And I get to see my best friend, and sit down and talk about my program with her, and we get to work out her wedding plans!

God bless!
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #21  
Rosebud

RONNI -- that's great news for sure; and yes, we will THANK & PRAIZE GOD that he is doing so well. Hope he has a wonderful 17th birthday; boy, they are sure growing up fast eh?

We had a busy day cleaning the basement, but we got about 1/2 done. I still have vacuuming to do, garbage to go out, recycle stuff to put out, and more cleaning to do. This is a big job and will take awhile; as it was we were down there 2-3 hours at least. I am kind of glad we waited til all the work was done but that one worker cleaned up pretty darned good for a guy; GOD BLESS HIM FOR THAT.

I was a bit upset that our electrician tore down more than half our ceiling just for two lights but we salvaged some of the boards and may be able to hang some back up later on. THANKFULLY, we have a new company lined up that sounds like they may be better.

Well, I found out where all our rebates went -- the PGT Rep had them sent to her in an account down south. I reminded her that half of that money is mine. She says she will send some to me but I wanted to use that money to help pay for our furnace. I was miffed that she took that money without telling us about it and she has piled some up in the account. I asked her why she was holding some of "OUR" money and she claimed that she was trying to save us up a little nestegg. We don't need her to save us a nestegg, we need the money to pay for our bills and food now.

I wasn't very happy after talking to her and found out she was holding some of my money too; she has no right to do that. She was only supposed to be managing his money not mine, and only temporarily at that. She said there was no reason why I shouldn't get the guardianship; but it will take some time to process -- I already knew that. There was no reason for them to manage it in the first place, as we were doing fine without them.

I was surprised she redirected my bank statement to herself without telling me she was going to do that; she claimed she needed to see them. I was wondering what happened to them. So she was redirecting some of our mail as well, which shocked me even more. I cannot believe some of the things they are doing. I could have sent her copies; but she didn't even bother to ask me for that. This is very heavy-handed what they are doing; and I think this should be illegal (and it may very be already).

So I continue to TRUST GOD to keep things under control -- and we will go on and live our lives with contentment anyways. We have met some nice people; and some that confuse us this year, so we are praying for them all. May GOD fill all of our lives with His Love and Peace and Joy.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #22  

Thanks you all for your wonderful welcome. I am a bit puzzled though and hope you can help me. UGH
It seems I cannot see my last posting? am I doing something wrong??
Old 09-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #23  

Hi and Forget what I just posted, now I see my last posts?!?

happy I did well yesterday. Thinking I need to go to WW more than once a week. I think if I fall off wagon, that is a plan for me
Hope you are all well today. I think it is cooler out today so I plan to do a walk. That should help me
Tonight I aging to chuch so will probably eat out after, wish me luck!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #24  
wishin' for sun!

Hi, everyone! Our busy week is winding down. Football tonight, of course, plus it's homecoming so there will be a LOT of people there. DS3's going to the dance tomorrow evening and he asked a girl to go with him. They're going with a group, so we're not too worried, plus he knows he belongs to Christ, so I don't think he'll be talked into anything. He has to be home (off the roads) by 12:30 am anyway because he hasn't had time to go get a 17yo license yet, plus we just haven't ever let the kids just stay out till whenever. We're apparently the 'strictest parents in the county'

Next week, I'm in charge of the Thursday evening football player dinner. I'm making bbq pulled chicken, which surprisingly, is cheaper than anything with ground beef right now. I just have to figure out how to get about 50 pounds of chicken breasts cooked and pulled apart at one time. We're using our church's kitchen and there are roasters there, but I don't know if the chicken will turn out the same in a roaster as in my crock pot, which is how I make it at home. I'm thinking about starting on Monday and making a pot-full a day until Thursday and then just mix the bbq with it in the roaster at the church. Plus, 5 other moms are making cheese potatoes, bars, fruit, and green beans. It's always a rush, but the boys love these dinners. The next week, I have to take fruit to that dinner, but I only have to be in charge of one of them, so there won't be as much pressure

Needing to get in the garden again-I can see lots of red tomatoes from my kitchen window! I'm thinking tomorrow I can pick and freeze them again. Plus, many green beans to freeze yet.

Not much else going on. Eating has been ok-kinda stalled on the weight loss, but my clothes are getting looser again, so things must be toning a bit. Even our pastor's wife said it looked like I'd lost quite a bit in the last couple weeks, but I know that scale hasn't budged in a month or so. Trying a new plan-we'll see how that goes.

Well, you all take care and have a great weekend!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #25  
Rosebud

RONNI -- lotsa work there for that dinner, but they all appreciate it so much; may GOD bless you for it. You know, you can freeze those tomatoes and make sauce out of them later on. An Italian lady taught me that so I wouldn't waste any ripe tomatoes: she would just wash & dry them with a tea towel, then place them whole in the freezer until they are like frozen balls. Then you put them into bags and can use them in sauces and soups and stews. I have been doing this for years.

We have been very busy here doing lots of stuff around the house as I mentioned earlier. This weekend we took advantage of the lower hydro and did all our laundry and some baking (I made pumpkin pie today). We had ham and scallop potatoes for dinner with beans, carrots, and corn.

Saturday was gorgeous so we spent more time outdoors; we cleaned the back yard, the shed, and the back porch. Then I got out my battery weed-whacker and trimmed all the grass all around the house and shed. I was sure tired after that and my arms felt like lead weights but I was glad that I was able to finish it all with only using one battery. I've recharged them all on the weekend to save money too.

I have been doing great on my eating and walking; will go for a short walk right after this message. DH is watching a good old classic movie about nuns and laughing his head off; so he is contented tonight. Hope you are all well; take good care and have a great week coming up ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-15-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #26  

wow Ronnie and rosebud. I am impressed with how much you did this weekend.
I did go and visit my dad and then my mo in law in nursing home, and did church but not half as much as you ladies. must be all the weight you two have lost has given you tons of energy! I hope to be there one day
Old 09-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, wish I could do as good as you on eating, chemo is kicking me in the butt food wise. I have lost a lot of weight. A bite or two of food and I am done, I do try but it just isn.t working . DS and DIL took me grocery shopping yesterday and I got sick in the store, This morning I thought I would have some soup to get some calories, just opening the can made me sick.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #28  
Rosebud

BARGOO -- are they not giving you gravol and other meds for the nausea? Once my DAD started taking them, he was able to eat again. You have to take them up to 3-6 hours before you start the chemo round and up to 3 days afterwards too. I know the steroids made me gain weight, but the gravol didn't and they helped when the steroids wore off (like in the middle of the night).

I found a few sections of orange helped me best; not sure why they actually helped but they always did. I know, the chemo can sure make you feel queasy. You may have to experiment to find out what foods you can keep down. DH & I had a stomach bug lately that has been going around town; and it feels almost the same AFTER you eat, that is. Then you feel yucky and queasy. So far, I haven't chucked anything, thank goodness.

Big ^Prayers^ going up for you, my friend ...

EDIT2ADD: I looked up the meds they gave me for nausea -- they were DEXAMETHASONE 8 mg per tablet and I would take 2 tablets, 2 times, the day before the chemo (12 & 6 hours before). Then they gave us more through the intravenous the day of the chemo. Then I took 2 tablets daily for 3 days after the chemo. They really worked well.

On the occasions where the Dexamethasone had worn off (esp during the middle of the night), we had PROCHLORPERAZINE MALEATE TABLETS (10 mg each) to take for nausea. These were a kind of gravol pill and they worked well too. I also checked my notes and they recommended focusing on protein foods when you feel nauseated and need some quick energy.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-16-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud , That's what fiends are for , to remind you of things you should already know. When I started radiation they gave me anti nausea pills but I quit taking them when I was done with radiation. Dumb ! Thanks for reminding me I have started taking them again, Interesting about the orange slices, one thing I can drink and keep down is tomato juice, Do you suppose it is the acid in tomatoes and oranges that is agreeing with us ? The only problem is the are very low calorie,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #30  
wishin' for sun!

Hello, everyone! Very tired today-it's been another busy week again. Doctor appts, plus, apparently, my SIBO infection has come back, so I'm just wiped out. Working on making pulled chicken (55 pounds!!!) for DS3's football dinner on Thursday. I'm making it in 10 - 15 pound batches in crock pots (thanks to my neighbor for loaning me one of hers to use also!). Also found out that, apparently, many of us with gluten intolerance also can not eat oats, even if they are certified g-f. I've been messed up for a couple weeks because I was trying a new eating plan which, of course, included oatmeal for breakfast. I wish it was a bit easier to find good information on what's safe and what's not. There's a lot of info out there, but it's hard to know if they know what they're talking about at all. Oh, well.........

Bargoo-prayers for your nausea to go away and for you to be able to eat. I don't know anything about chemo and cancers, but when my dad was having radiation treatments (his cancer was in his throat, though), he found that stopping for a milkshake right after the radiation did wonders for his pain and nausea. Potatoes are sometimes good for nausea too, but I know that I really don't know about this kind of nausea-closest I've come was the 24/7 'morning' sickness I had for 6 months with each boy. Watermelon and strawberries were the only things I could eat for a while with DS3 and only teeny bits of them. I'm praying for you!

Hope you all are having a good week. I'll be back later-must go start more chicken!