Old 12-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI ~ glad your trip and tests went well; hope they get to the bottom of things soon. Have fun shopping -- keep the Joy in the Season ...

NEWMOM ~ congrats on sticking it out despite so much stress, and on the loss. WL isn't linear -- it goes up & down and up & down, but in the end you'll get more downs than ups. In the WL world that's a good thing!

I have upped my food to my maintenance levels for now (1800-2000), so I am strong for the surgery. I was quite full today. Kept to the basic plan but have been able to have a more flexible snack today. Tomorrow with be more normal I think.

I spent my day getting clothes ready and packed them. Just did some laundry today; wanted it caught up before we go. Things are falling into place. The guys are coming to get us on Monday; staying the night, then we are travelling south on Tuesday, the 18th. That gives me one more day to make sure we haven't forgotten anything.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #47  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! We have blustery, treacherous weather here today! Not going anywhere at all. School cancelled and we had DS2 stay home from work-if people are really that desperate that they need to go shopping in this, they can get their own carts! He works at a walmart.

I have good news. All my tests came out negative, so they're sticking with the MS diagnosis (much better than the nmo or Devic's disease, at this point) and advising to keep clear of wheat and dairy, since it must be a simple allergy issue and no Crohn's disease!

Karen-the afghan is beautiful! You did a really great job!

Rosebud, Gary-you're in my prayers

Hope everyone's having a nice day. You're in my prayers too!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #48  
Rosebud

Hi Ronnie~so glad all the tests came out so well! PRZ GOD!!!

We're in our hotel suite and just relaxing watching tv right now. Went to the pre-op yesterday as it was pushed ahead a day -- good thing as there was a storm where were -- see, GOD knows best! All went well and very quickly. We had good weather & traffic all the way to Hamilton -- PRZ GOD!

GOD BLESS my sister & BIL -- they are spoiling us rotten. They hired movers to move their stuff back to their B & B (home). When they get back home, all should be there. We helped do some of the final packing before we left as some packers didn't show but it went quickly as we've had lots of practice doing that in the past.

Our trip down south went well too; also great weather (all clear) all the way down. It was fun to have my brother with us too; we had a fun time. We ordered in CHinese food for dinnerlast night; we got lots of healthier veggie dishes and there's lots left over.

Odd thing, I have lost 15 lbs in the last two weeks. A lot of that has to be water weight, I guess. Apparently, Daisy is eating all my food; I upped my calories but then had the fox trots all last night. Guess I don't have to worry about what I'm eating right now. We'll be here right until the surgery on Monday morning.

I have to have an epidermal ? in my spine for the surgery to help control the pain; they say it shouldn't hurt too much to put it in -- just a bit of burning. I'd luv it if you could pray about that for me.

So everything else is going well ... Thanks for your prayers.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

rosebud, good to hear from you. I will be praying that the epidural will be painless and everything is going to go well . I pray that God will be guiding the surgeions hands and you will have a speedy recovery.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-22-2012 at 07:58 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #50  
Rosebud

HI BARGOO ~ thanks for all your prayers for me -- appreciate that a lot.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #51  
wishin' for sun!

Rosebud-you know we'll all be praying Will you be having a general anesthesia as well as the epidural? Nice to hear your travels have gone so well and that you've had a good time with your family. Also, that your sister is getting back into their B & B! I've been to Hamilton, Ontario-even attended church there one Sunday when we were there! My grandparents took my sister and me on a Niagara Falls/Canada trip one summer for a couple weeks. We enjoyed it very much! What we got to see in Canada was beautiful!

Not much going on here today. Stayed in because of yesterday's blizzard and school cancelled again. Wrapped a few gifts and cleaned a bit. It's gotten very cold and was still very windy, so I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere! Poor DS2 had to work outside all day, but he took his paintball mask along to protect his face from the wind and cold. His managers said it was fine to wear it, but he said he got a lot of very funny looks all day-like people weren't sure if they should be calling the police to check him out. I guess that's almost understandable after the tragedy last week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We still don't have any Christmas plans, so I think I'm going to do some baking and maybe experiment a bit with some wheat & dairy free cakes or pies, but not too much. I don't want to mess up my progress!

God bless you all!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rosebud Glad to hear your trip went well and you enjoyed being with family. Of course, we'll be praying for the epderal goes easy for you. Already prayed and will continue to pray for your surgeon and team thatthe Lord will guide them and He will complete the good work He has already begun in his situation.

Ronni I rejoice with you for your good news. Don't know that I want to give up dairy, but I have thought abou giving up wheat.

DSIL drove to FL this week and got the job he wante at a police dept there. So as soon as DD takes her state test and is licensed, she, the girls and baby will be moving. DGS who has full scholarship at the college here including room and board will continue to live here at the college. DISL will not be here for Christmas. She did get her food stamps again so at least she can buy there food.

Gary Haven't seen you on here in a while. Sure hope you are feeling alright. Listening to Christmas music wit bells makes me think of your wife which reminds me to send up extra prayers for you.

Bargoo You are welcome as you are always in my prayers as well.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #53  
Rosebud

RONNIE ~ glad all is going so well for you right now. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and you find some way to make a few treats at least! How about with dried fruit & nuts. My mother used to put a walnut or pecan in a whole date; and we would chop up some dates, raisins, and nuts to form balls, then roll them in more nuts or coconut. Very easy and healthier too. You can use any dried fruit you like -- dried cranberries, apricots, or mangos, etc all work well too.

TRISH ~ oh yes, they will be putting me out as well. The reason for the extra pain treatment is becuz this tumor is so large (from just under my stomach & liver down to my pelvis). I will have a very large incision, so they are trying to help me as much as possible. PRAIZE GOD for that!!!

BARGOO -- btw, we are in the EASTERN TIME ZONE, so you can get the right time for the surgery. I have to be there for 6 AM to get ready for the surgery -- to change my clothes, meet the team, and put in the epidural, etc. Then the actual surgery starts at 8 AM, ET to noon (or however long it takes).

Last night, we watched THE FAMILY MAN with Nicolas Cage. It was a cute story that kinda reminds me of a modern version of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. We're having a roast beef dinner tonight for dinner as tomorrow I will be on liquids for the day before surgery. We have a kitchen in our hotel suite so we can make it ourselves.

Gotta go right now; DH is still hungry and wants a second breakfast -- no kidding ... syl and THANKS SO MUCH, for all your prayers. They are really helping me a lot!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-22-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I noticed a few of you mentioning they haven't heard from me and I realized I didn't copy my Facebook post over here like I normally do...sorry I promise to catch up this week-end...but know that I check in here every day and pray for all your concerns even if I don't post.

I was healthy enough to attend church today...Praise God!
All the world rejoices! Christ is coming soon.
It was a absolute wonderful Christmas Cantata...
Let heaven and nature sing.
"A Celebration Of Carols"
O come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!
Beautifully done by our youth and adult choirs, musicians and music director
All in Him shall find salvation
So many of my Prayer Warriors there today, cheering my spirits
Lord of the nations, Lord of creation...Lord, Jesus come!
I sat in "my" pew ;-) surrounded by loved ones...Angie, Sue, Lara and Jeff Romeo
Rejoice my soul rejoice
What an awesome feeling
Holy Jesus, little One, Mary's Son, Child of promise. You have come.
I never get tired of hearing the story of our Savior's birth
Come adore on bended knee Christ the Lord, the newborn King
We should have this music every week ;-)
Behold the wonders that the Lord has done!
And once again we still made it home for the football games, didn't we Steve?
Come shine in the darkness. Let Christmas begin
Sometimes you have to read between the lines
With angelic hosts proclaim, "Christ is born in Bethlehem!"
Hark! The herald angels sing, "Glory to the newborn King!"
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #55  

rosebud thanks for the time zone info, that puts you about 3 hours ahead of me, but don't worry I will be up will have you covered in prayer.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-22-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Gary Thanks for checking in with us. So glad you felt good enough to go to church.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #57  
wishin' for sun!

Trish-I would never have given up either wheat or dairy, but I started having asthma attacks, itchy throat, heart palpitations, and rapidly dropping blood pressure when I'd eat and narrowed it down to allergic reaction to both-it's almost the same reaction that I get when stung by a bee, except with the beestings, I also get fluid in my lungs within a few hours. So, losing the wheat and dairy became essential. I've just been surprised how easy it is to lose weight now that the allergens are out of my diet. No food cravings anymore at all and I can eat lots of food, but still not feel deprived on only 1200-1400 calories each day. I also read up on wheat, including the book "Wheat Belly" and realized I've been affected by wheat all my life. I just feel so much better. Even my arthritis pain in my hands has disappeared!

Gary, Rosebud, Bargoo-

Made a cherry pie for the guys today, plus a dump cake for me (and whoever else is brave enough to try my special recipe). I think we're going to see MIL tomorrow after early church, so we can take her out for an early Christmas dinner. We don't like to ask her to cook for us because she has a really, really small kitchen and waaaayyyy tooooo many cats! The cats aren't disciplined, so they get up on the table and countertops and it kinda makes it hard to think about eating there. Plus, she really has no clue about food allergies and I've been sick there many times because she refused to believe that garlic could actually make someone ill (severe migraine and nausea my entire life). So, anyway, off to MN in the morning maybe.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday before Christmas!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #58  
Faith in Christ!

S/C/G: 246/236/175

Height: 5'4"

God bless to all! You remain in my prayers! I've had an epideral before...The burning wasn't bad, but then again I was in labor so all I remember is the relief!

I've finally hit a total loss of 10lbs. I'm at 236, so now I, focusing on 225. My clothes are still too tight and none of my chins have disappeared but since I'm so large, it could take awhile. These last 2 weeks I've been exhausted without my caffeine fix, I've missed church and bible study both weeks because I've overslept. Definitely going tomorrow no matter how tired I am. Now my little family is sick as well, I think I have a sinus infection, which stinks! Tomorrow my baby girl will be 6 months old
Take care.
NewMom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #59  
Rosebud

HI GARY ~ your post was very poetic and pretty; adding it in between those song verses was very creative. Glad you are feeling well presently as well.

BARGOO ~ I so appreciate your faithfulness to me for prayer for this surgery (all of you actually). I know that is pretty early in the day for those of you on the other side of the continent and I can't thank you all enuff.

NEW MOM ~ yes, I bet you were relieved. They say the burning should only last a very short while. Never had one before, but it will help relieve pain for me during and after the surgery for a couple of days.

So, I had my breakfast feast this am; they said to have a big BF as for the rest of the day is a liquid diet. My sister got me lots of jello, some real chicken broth, and some apple juice as well.

Well just one more day; less than one actually. My mind kept running things over so took a while to sleep. Tonight, will go to bed earlier and try to sleep if I can. Now and then, I get those nervous twitches in my tummy; a little anxious (which is normal I'm sure), but they don't last long. Alternately, I'm also so happy that this heavy lump (which feels like I have a small boulder laying on me) will be gone and I'll be relieved of it very soon too.

Thanks for all your prayers everyone; just knowing that you are praying for me gives me such peace of mind ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-23-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #60  

rosebud, praying that you will be able to sleep tonight. Matthew 11: 28 "Come unto me , all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." By this time tomorrow it will be all over and we will be praying for a speedy recovery.
Try and relax and remember you have a prayer team in place and ready for tomorrow morning.