Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rosebud I always think on Proverbs 3:24 "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." when I have a difficult time falling to sleep. It helps calm me so I can go to sleep. Will be praying for you during your surgery.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

rosebud, I sense that many have been praying for you and expect to hear of a successful surgery. Praise God !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
rosebud, I sense that many have been praying for you and expect to hear of a successful surgery. Praise God !
AMEN!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #64  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Rosebud I don't know if your hours or day before or a day behind but know I am praying for your operation to be successful, much Christian love sent from Texas!

Also what a blessing Gary to hear you are doing better and to have your family around you what a blessing!

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-26-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #66  

Hi Bootsie How are you doing? Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Did you get the snow many got in TX? My little Great Grandaughters and their Mama moved to AR to live closer to my daughter and were blessed with there 1st White Christmas.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #67  

Hi Trish,
I guess I am doing better than most people. Christmas is just not like it used to be . I guess I am behind times. We did not get any snow and so very very dry, so many people have built out this way and No water. Sold most of my animals but got some left but if we run out of water like others have done will have to sell them, for their sake. At least they may have a small chance of living. My daughter still lives far far away. I have rejoined Outlook Ministry since I have gained 55 pounds I plan to loose 65 pounds by April 2014. Making a commitment to it. I know I can do 65 in that length of time, if I get determined and stick with it, surround myself with others who want to do the same, lose weight and have determination to get the job done since I done 90 one time with the same determination in my life but don't need to loose 90 this time only 65! Thank you Lord Jesus! I cut my hair, it is short now and gave my hair to cancer patients. It grows 1 inch a month so will be able to do it again before long.

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-27-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #68  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hello everyone, this is Rosebud's sister Numpster. I can't remember my password so asked Rosebud to give me her sign in as she is anxious for me to get the good news to you.
Welllllllll............drum roll..............the surgeon operated on her Monday morning as scheduled. It took 4 1/2 hours but they were able to remove the entire tumor which was 100 lbs!!!! My dh took a photo of her on his cell phone before the operation and we'll take another one when she is up and about more. We'll leave it up to her who she shares the photos with. She has been in a special recovery unit where 3 patients are monitored 24/7 by a nurse. Not ICU but a step down. Today when we went to visit she was in a regular room and in good spirits. Actually, you'd be amazed she has been in pretty good spirits post op.
She is quite happy with the tumor gone and it is one day at a time with physiotherapy until she is mobile and well enough to go our home on the Bruce Peninsula where she will continue to recuperate. I must say she looks so tiny and frail but well. Keep her in your prayers for healing.
I'm sure she'll provide you more details once she has access to the internet again.
God bless and wishing all a wonderful 2013.
Numpster

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-27-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

numpster , thank you so much for the report. I had sent you a PM as I was so anxious to hear and it is a Praise Report just as I expected.That is an astounding tumor I am sure when she is fully recuperated that she will feel like a new woman. PTL!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thanks for the update NUMPSTER!

I posted in Prayer Warriors my udate but I just want to sneak in here for a few minutes to tell ALL of you how much your prayers have worked! I am sorry I have been LAZY posting here, fatigue has really hit me this time. But, reminding you all, I come here daily to read and pray for your concerns

You all are such a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #71  

Oh Numpster thank you and thank you Lord Jesus! 100 pounds! My lands never heard of one so big! Bless her heart tell her we are so happy she is doing good and we love her!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #72  
Quit counting at 45!

I've been coming here every day to see how Rosebud was doing. Praise God for answered prayer. To think that she's been carrying around an extra 100 lbs for a long time. Unbelievable! Thanks for letting us know how she's doing Numpster!

Gary: I've also been thinking about you and praying for you. Keep up the good spirits. It's what is carrying you through all this.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #73  

Numpster Thank you for letting us know the good news. God is so good. I too have been checking each day to see if there was any news. Please give her a big for me actually from all of us and let her know we are now praying for her recovery as well.

Gary You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

DH is still in lots of pain and I'm not sure he can wait until 1-25-2013 for an appt. I will talk to primary doc's nurse when she calls me later today to report on his blood test results for the coumadin. Thank y'all for your prayers. Prayers continue for everyone's situations and concerns.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #74  
wishin' for sun!

Rosebud & Numpster- Praise God for the great news! I'm just astounded right now at the 100 pounds! Rosebud-you'll feel like a totally different person! I'm so thankful that things have gone well and anticipate a great recovery. You're still in my prayers. God does provide and He'll keep giving you His healing power.

Gary-prayers continue for you as well.

And, prayers for everyone else as well. Hope the holidays are being fun for everyone and that the eating plans aren't being too 'off'. I've been struggling a bit since the colonoscopy and endoscopy. I think my system is still a bit upset from the prep, so I'm trying to up my veggies and fruits a bit and not watching the calories as closely until things get back on track.

We have no plans for New Year's of course-we've never done anything special for that and probably never will Enjoying having the boys home, though.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #75  
wishin' for sun!

Hi, everyone-I've got to ask for some advice and I know you all are very wise and will be able to help me with this issue. My DS3 (age 16) just got back from a church youth group weekend conference trip. He has been telling me about the events and other stuff from the weekend, but is upset about a couple happenings. First, apparently, our older son, according to some in the current group, is not well liked by some of the group (he's been in college the last 3 years, so most of them haven't actually been IN the group while he was also part of it, so not sure of the validity of the comments). But, anyway, there was a bit of negative talk about him in front of DS3. The part that's bothering me most is that there's any negative talk about other people in the church allowed in a youth group outing at all and that they haven't been taught that this is inappropriate. And, I know the saying 'teens will be teens' but I also know that if they're taught that this kind of behavior is not allowed, most of them will walk away and not contribute.

The second thing we found out was that a couple of the boys rooming with DS3 (there were 4 to a room) brought along an R-rated movie (The Dictator) and were watching it in the room. DS3 left so he didn't have to watch it, but had already seen that it was a totally inappropriate movie, as when he walked into the room, there was nudity being shown. He did not speak to any of the leaders as he had to room with these 2 for another night and has had issues with bullying and fights in the past. We thought these were issues of the past and that, since one of these boys is our head pastor's son, these things were over.

So, now, I'm wondering whether I should talk to the youth pastor (again) or just let it drop? I'm to the point of wanting to change churches, but, for some reason, DS3 loves the youth group, except for these 2 boys that keep giving him trouble. Don't have a clue why he keeps being put in with them on trips, but, that's another thing I'd like to mention to the pastor.

So, I'd love to have some input on this. Thanks in advance. God bless.