Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #61  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Today I went to a 2.5 hour cpr training because it's been a few years and also I knew there have been changes made since I took it last. But I left there so famished that I went to jack-in-the-box for dinner. Yikes. I didn't go over my calories for the day but I still feel kinda bad because I didn't get to work out. Tomorrow I have a great workout planned though so I won't lose any sleep over it. At least I didn't go over.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNI ~ I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday; we must have been typing and posting at the same time. Hope you and yours do get to celebrate your 50th birthday as that is a milestone. Geepers, I meant to add these then forgot -- so here they are now ...

You sure have your trials, girl. Seems lots of Christians are today; so we all must hang onto the ROCK -- our Lord Jesus Christ for strength and security during these unsettling times. Read that in my daily devotional. Will pray for your DH that he can let GOD handle those bad guys at work. We are just to pray for them and about these situations. It wouldn't be good for him to let this get to him personally. I'm sorry to hear about the strike thing; will pray about that too.

PAULA ~ prayers for you that you can get back on track; be aware when you are eating your feelings; keep trigger foods at bay; then practice your plan day-by-by. Hope it's a plan that you can stick to long term. I find some people here are too strict becuz they are in too much of a hurry, then they can't stick to their plan. Once we have found the best plan for us, the Lord can provide the strength each day.

LAURA ~ that puzzle party does sound like fun. DH & I have done cards and Chinese Checkers so far; he has trouble with them but the point is just to exercise his brain. We will be doing Yatzee with his sister soon; and of course, we have those puzzles I picked up. I have to find some kind of table to do them on first though.

BARGOO & TRISH & GARY & WILMA & OTHER MIAS ~ hope you all had a lovely Sunday today.

My 54th BD was today; and my Aunt came and took me out to lunch. Boy, it was nice to get out with someone and just laugh & chat for a change -- just us two Christian ladies. What a terrific break for me, but poor DH forgot where I went, and was looking for me -- oh dear. He's not used to me being away from him; he goes away, but not the other way around.

I have been praying for DH for peace and calm, plus serene sleep; and today, my Aunt suggested a blessing upon his head, so I started that too. I got him to take the meds today (yesterday he wouldn't), but once he took them he seemed to feel better right away. I hope he senses that so we can continue the positive progress, even if I have to get a bit sneaky for his own good.

Eating is going well; really enjoyed a nice hot lunch so had a light dinner. Just taking it easy here tonight while DH enjoys a nice movie -- LILIES OF THE FIELD. Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #63  
Laura

aww Rosebud, happy birthday!!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ROSEBUD
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
GOD BLESS YOU WITH MANY MORE!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #65  

Happy BD Rosebud!!!! I'm 54 too. I'm glad you got to have a fun "Girls Time out" and had a refreshing visit.

My check in:
10/1/12 166.4
10/8/12 163.4
10/15/12: 162.2 Progress despite slips and falls Thank You, Lord!

Paula
FLSonShineGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, sorry I missed your birthday, so glad you got to have a time of relaxation. Wishing you many more blessed birthdays.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #67  
Rosebud

Awwh, thanks to all of you for those birthday wishes!!!

Paula ~ yes, progress is progress -- every oz counts in my books!

The weather here is yucky today: cold, wet, windy -- but we still made it up town to pay an important & unexpected bill; and I picked up lots of veggies for salads for the next 1-2 weeks (I find romaine lettuce lasts a long time as does cabbage).

Have a great week everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-15-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Happy Birthday Rosebud! Big Hug!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #69  
Laura

today was good. I had a nice 4 hour workout. I'm pleased that my endurance is getting better. Food was good today and I'm fixin to go make dinner. Hope everyone had a happy Monday.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #70  
Rosebud

GARY ~ thanks for the BD wishes; hope you're feeling well this week. ^Prayers^ continue ...

LAURA ~ good job! I pushed myself to go out for a walk after dinner tonight despite the yucky weather, and still managed to go a full block. It was tough on the back-stretch, but I made it. It started to on me early on, but I wore a hat & mittens and that helped. DH came out to find me; he's been a bit antsy when I leave the house. I will suggest he come with me from now on, so he doesn't worry.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-15-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #71  
Laura

I had a treat of pizza for dinner. But I didn't go over my calories. I had a long workout today, nearly 5 hours. I'm tired tonight but not overly tired. Tomorrow I "graduate" from the 12-week strength training program I have been doing. I think I'll probably take the program again.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 12/12/8

Height: 5'2

Hi, I am Cyndi. I am a thirty-something SAHM. I am here looking for support. I need to lose about 2-3 dress sizes. I have no idea what weight that equals on the scale. I just know I am aiming for a 6/8. I'd like to post here daily just to say if I was successful at staying with my nutrition & fitness plan. Accountability helps....or so that is what I have read.

what diets/plans are you all following?
any SAHM with infants and toddlers?
NewCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome, Cyndi and good luck. After trying every diet out there, or so it seems, I have learned calorie counting works best for me.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #74  
Rosebud

CYNDI ~ looks like you haven't far to go. Like BARGOO, I am on a calorie-counting, portion-based plan becuz I find it so much more flexible and much easier to stick to. We don't have any young mothers in this thread but we do in some other areas of the site. Kids are mentioned here as some are grandparents and aunties/uncles, etc.

We had lovely all day yesterday so we got lots of yard work done. We did the front gardens in the AM and I did the vines in the afternoon. I thought I would be too tired to do another walk, but I pushed myself to go after dinner. It was hard on the back-stretch (the last 1/4 really), but I made it! THANK YOU GOD, that my eating has been going well this week!

DH has his good moments and not-so-good ones every day. The meds are helping him sleep better, but some of the other symptoms are more difficult to deal with. He needs special prayers about the imaginations of people that are not there. Oh, I decided just now to hire someone to close up the window in the shed, so he'll get off that topic for good. Thank you GOD for that inspiration!

I am praying blessings of positive thoughts & peace upon him; and I am trying to keep him busy, but that only works for a while. Boy, what a trial/test this is for me; one of the hardest I have ever had to endure in my life. I thank the LORD for the peaceful moments each day. I keep thinking of Psalm 37 -- about not fretting and putting our total TRUST IN HIM every day!

"Trust in the Lord, and do good ... Delight thyself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord, Trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself ..."

Thanks for letting me share this here with you all; it helps me deal with it better. There is no judgement here -- just lots of support, and I appreciate that so much.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #75  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Rosebud- Happy Birthday!!sorry it's late, though
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote