Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/283/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies (and gents?)!

I've been around 3FC for about a year now. Losing slow and steady, and changing my lifestyle in beautiful ways. I usually hang out in the 20-somethings forum, but I don't often feel like I truly fit in there. Need some wholesome conversation and motivation.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everlasting, welcome, glad to have you here. Sometimes we get slow at posting but when that happens I find if I go back and read the old post in the past I get recharged. Sometimes we get down to the nitty gritty of things on life that happen on my farm and when Rosebud lived on a farm, and other areas of our lives but that's just us. Just like what ago that big old Fish Hawk bird was back but sitting in the tree right above the goats! That's the BIGGEST BIRD I have ever seen! His old droopy mouth is big enough to put a baby goat in! I have got to get a picture of him or her... Gotta love us!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #33  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

EVERLASTING ~ nice to have you join us here; it is nice to have more than one thread to post in and this group is supportive when they are here ... they have been so busy as of late. Yes, BOOTSIE and I do share animal stories (we lived on a farm when kids + we lived on my Dad's farm later on for about 4 years in total (before & after DH came along).

We have a pretty big storm going on here right now; the temps came up to around 60 F and it is pouring out there. The winds are so fierce that we had to bring all our Halloween decos back into the house to save them. One of our kitty pumpkins was being blown away. The only thing left up there are the lights and the red maple leaf garlands -- hope they make it through the night.

Well, we found out why it has been so quiet for the last few days; our young neighbors moved out on the weekend. The landlord says the new tenant is a single lady so it should be much quieter here in the future; that is a big relief as the all-night noise was getting on my nerves and we hope all our sleepless nights are over. THANK YOU, LORD ...

BOOTSIE ~ the snowbirds came by here today; they were perched on the tree across the road and just loving this weather -- they aren't afraid of anything. DH said he & the landlord saw some by the lake today as well (we have some beautiful lakes in the middle of our town). They are on their way down south for the winter -- they are hardy birds and will even brave snowstorms ... they even seem to like the challenge of wind & snow. They are beautiful when they fly in perfect formations. That is why we called our formation fliers the CANADIAN SNOWBIRDS too.

Hope you all are having a pleasant week; we hope to go up to our lot to bring back any food and water that is left there before it gets too cold. The weather is changing by the hour here but it could be worse. Take good care ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #34  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone
I would love to join this group. I have had the pleasure of meeting Bootsie and Justwant2Behealthy on another thread
The Lord is pressing on me right now to take some immediate action in my life and I could really use the prayers and encouragement. I'm not just a taker, I give as well
I am trusting fully in the Lord in some specific areas right now and I just want to gloryify His name, because I know he fulfills his promises!

Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #35  
Native Texan

Hello my new friends in CHRIST,
I have something I would like to share if it is ok
Well I feel as if I am a NEW woman for sure

You know, GOD has been pressing on me ( it’s odd that I use that wording, BUT that is exactly how it has felt) about the halloween stuff and ultimately about T.

I Love GOD and I really want to show obedience to HIM and HIM alone.

So, that being said let me tell you about the EXCITING thing that has happened TODAY!

I took down all of the halloween stuff that I could reach yesterday (I will finish up with it all this week)

I am going to give it away, but GOD told me not to give it to people I love (family, I gather)

So I am giving it to 2 people at my job who do the halloween stuff. Anything they don’t want is going in the trash. Now I spent a lot of money over the years on all that stuff, but you know what? It means nothing to me compared to what my relationship with GOD means to me. I am submitting to HIS will FINALLY

Now before I get to the “today” stuff, on Sunday when I went to church I was thinking about not tithing. I mean afterall, it’s not really my “official” church yet (eventhough in my heart I have already decided that it IS and will ask to join ) and I really didn’t have the money to give a tenth (I really didn’t), ect., ect., every reason why not. When I was trying to put my makeup on, I couldn’t find the eye shadow I was looking for. So was looking through some stuff I had put on the pool table. Guess what I found before the eye shadow and was front and center? My checkbook I knew GOD was telling me to give. So I stuffed it into my purse RIGHT THEN and consequently find my eye shadow. So I gave the full 10%. I felt like it was going to run me short, but for some reason, I just wasn’t worried about it. GOD was giving me this message : We should give to HIM 1st, and everything else afterward. Simple I know

Yesterday I was thinking, let me go ahead and transfer the majority of my savings into my checking JUST to be sure. That left me with less than $4.00 in my savings So this morning I was thinking, let me check that account to make sure all is well.

I had a $30.00 check still out and I HAVE to pay the water bill by the 28th or they will cut it off, It is $49.02. Well guess what???? I had a balance of less than $4.00 in my checking and less than $4.00 in my savings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so normally I would be in freak out mode. But what happened here is I HAD to trust in our GOD most HIGH. I was obedient to HIM, now I had to trust that he would take care of my needs as HE promised. My bf had a change jar here. I was thinking I would use some of it. Think again. He took it with him. I knew almost instinctively - in a spiritual way- that the jar wouldn’t be there. It wasn’t. But I was hearing “Trust in GOD” over and over. So I went on to work. The lady whom I wrote that $30.00 check is very, very sweet and understanding. I called her to see if she would mind holding the check until Friday. Guess what? ( and the same instinctual feeling) she didn’t answer lol. No worries. I was/am still willing to Trust in GOD. The lady called me back and I explained the situation and she agreed to hold the check with no problem. The difference between the two phone calls was the first one I was trying to fix the problem. The return call was GOD fixing the problem.

So now I am thinking, well I guess I can put the water bill on a credit card, but I sure hate to do that.

I would love to be OUT OF DEBT! It is so binding.

So anyways, one of the girls at my job had given me some clothes her son had outgrown. She had thought that BT might be able to wear them. I called up R to see if he was interested in them and he was. When I was at his house I asked when he would be able to start repaying some money I had loaned him (car payment) when he was unemployed. He said he could give me some today.

He would normally pay me in $25.00 increments. Today WITHOUT me asking for a specific amount, he wrote me a check for $50.00 (water bill $49.02) ! HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE takes care of my needs. So I have really been filled with the Spirit today. And I am LOVING it

Blessings to all who have witnessed the power of OUR GOD!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #36  
Rosebud

JUDY ~ to our Christian Chat Thread; everyone shares how they like here. Prayers ascending for you and yours ...

Well, our storm knocked out the internet last night; wow, this was a fierce one, but we get these every year at this time -- nothing unusual there. Then in the beginning of November, the will turn to *****. Our lights and maple leaves didn't budge an inch last night; and none of them were damaged in any way either -- PTL! We will wait to put our pumpkin family back out tomorrow.

We went up to our camping lot today and closed up everything for the winter; emptied all the water bins and brought home all the food and some of DH's stuff too. We had for half the day anyways, but the came again, just like they had predicted.

Hope all our friends here are having a great day ... Rosebud
Old 10-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #37  

So glad you made it here Judy, WOW! I love the way you keep your eyes focused straight ahead on what lies before you. like verses Proverbs 25.26 and 27. Will be praying for your finances to be blessed , good health and for your family.

Our nephew went to Tarleton State also. He is a Ag teacher, now . My two brother in laws went there also years ago one become principal and now has retired.
My grandson is fixing to go to college, I sure hope he finds a good one wants to be a Chripractor, I mis spelled it but this computer don't know how to spell it either so I don't feel so dumb.
I been working all day on book work , have some pinto beans cooking right out of my friend Lanelles garden she even shelled them for me! So we will have roast and pinto beans tonight, that was a big roast! I have to go water the animals tonight so I best hit the road before it gets dark.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #38  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ don't worry about the spelling; we know what you mean -- and you are correct, the PC always tells us when it thinks we are spelling it wrong, but it doesn't seem to know when it's right either ...

Have a great night ...
Old 10-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 300/283/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh, ladies I grew up on a farm too! Lots of corn and winter wheat growing, and we raised pheasants and had a vegetable garden several acres big. I love farming talking. I'm an outdoorsy girl.

Well I live at a women's ministry house here near the college campus, and on Wednesday nights after fellowship meetings we try to have as many students come over for some time fellowshipping and just getting to know them. One thing we do is usually put a theme to the evening, so each week it's almost like we host a themed party, and the students really seem to enjoy it!

With Halloween coming up, the thought would be that we had a Halloween-ish party, but myself and another one of my housemates really just dislike halloween... I mean, costumes are fun and all as long as they are not demonic and disgusting. But it's just the whole spirit of the event. It just seems off to me. Anyhow, with the Halloween onset that campus is taking this week, I thought it would be fun to host a Christmas party. So that's right. I held the first Christmas party of the season at my house last night. We made a mad rush to pull up all the decorations from the basement, made up a bunch of hot cocoa and Christmas cookies, did caroling, and had a nice focus on Jesus. Wow, was it fun, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #40  
Native Texan

Hi Everlasting,
Good for you and your roommate to change the party to a celebration of Christ
God has been pressing on me for years to not do halloween. I always thought it was just chidhood fun (boy was I ever WRONG)
In any event, I put my halloween stuff up, (it was ALOT accumulated over he years) then a few days later have taken it all down and have given it ALL away. GOD has just been pressing on me lately on this and a few other things and I am joyfully obeying
So good luck and have a wonderful time at your party celebrating Christ our Lord.

Judy

Last edited by islandchick1; 10-28-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #41  
Rosebud

DEAREST SISTERS & BROTHERS IN CHRIST ~ I love to celebrate lots of things -- with the aim to bring a good and Godly and fun spirit into everything that we do. If Christians don't set a good and wholesome example for others, then who will? I am showing people that they can celebrate and have fun in this life without negativity and anything dark added into it by celebrating ALL SAINTS EVE or Halloween as it is now called, in a nice way.

I don't think denial and hiding from life is always the best answer, esp for young persons who struggle so much these days. If we take all the fun out of life for our children, teens, and young adults -- then they run the other way as soon as they can and rebel. Oh, how often have I heard this lament by Christian parents -- why is my Johnny or Suzy rebelling so much? Well, just ask Johnny or Suzy ...

When we were children, we celebrated Halloween in a good way too; we dressed up in fun costumes like clowns and pumpkins. I told DH that I may even set out my Angel this year too; why not? Something is only bad if you think it is; something is only bad if you make it bad. Something is good when you make it good. The same thing goes for any celebration or holiday and that includes Christmas or Thanksgiving or Easter or birthdays or whatever.

Still I say and believe -- "TO EACH HIS OWN" -- on this matter and any others. I have prayed about this and believe that it is perfectly fine. I have been complimented many times by parents and others on how pleasant and uplifting my display is. We have to keep some good in this world or it will all go to pot ... literally.

I remember discussing this with my mother many years ago -- some people thought that GOD should take all the Christians out of the world. If GOD does that, then who will share the gospel with those who are left? Who will set a goodly and GODLY example for others? Who will show people how to have fun and celebrate in a nice way?

I would rather show them something good, than have them think that ALL Christians are a bunch of boring, old fuddleduds who don't know how to laugh or have any fun; or a bunch of self-righteous, judgemental snobs -- which just isn't true!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Oh yes, it is "HAPPY" Halloween, not gloomy, boring, sad, evil, dark Halloween. BTW, I am not trying to change anyone's mind -- I am just sharing another point of view. GOD BLESS ...

BTW, one of our local churches has a HALLELUJAH NIGHT at their church and give out treats & stuff for the kids and families as an alternative; which I think is a wonderful idea. Kudos to them for being creative and finding a way to bring Christ & His church into this celebration!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-28-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I'm home!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #43  
Rosebud

WELCOME BACK, GARY ~ you've been gone a couple of weeks now, it seems; hope you get to spend some time home with Angie and your girls for awhile now. And, we are glad to see you drop by here as well; have a restful weekend ...

We had a busy day shopping today; boy, I walked my feet off, but I still feel pretty good. I must have exhausted DH as he said he was tired and has gone to bed already, so I am alone here just cruising the net ...

I picked up a couple of 'SCARED CROWS' for my display today; they were on for half-price at the cash (what a nice surprise) -- only $3.97 each. Actually they are not really "scared" crows; they are happy, smiling straw Crows. I put one on each end of my deck and they look like Sentient Guardian Angels standing out there!

My Bonhomme has angel wings too, so he looks like an angel as well -- I still think I will put my Angel in the corner. DH wants to put our other pumpkin out there too. We'll wait and put that out that night. Oh, I think I am having more fun than the kiddies this year ...

Well, we have had some ***** twice today after the temps dropped down to 0 C and it sure looked pretty, but I hope it won't stay for the weekend. I tried to find a new outdoor thermometer and they were sold out; do we love monitoring the weather here or what? So tomorrow, we'll go searching at another place and see if they have any or not.

Hope all our CE friends have a HAPPY & FUN HALLOWEEN WEEKEND ... or, just a nice, peaceful weekend! Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-29-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #44  

Ah... I love to see people have fun in a good way. I decorate, this year got an old wheel barrel and put a bale of hay in it and a girl scare crow with braids like mine and her pumpkin basket sitting on the front and got a standing fan bottom part and stuck another scare crow ,boy standing up like he is wheeling her. When I think of Halloween I think of the end of harvest time, good times, good friends, time change and Thanksgiving right around the corner then the birth of Jesus Christ!

But there are some that make it scary and no I don't like that part. It is just like money can be made good or bad.

HEY THERE GARY!

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-30-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #45  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi all! It's been a crazy week here. We got our son married off on Saturday and had a great time with family on Sunday. Then I went into relaxation mode. I did a lot of sleeping (catching up from the weekend) and reading. Lovely. I did try a bit to stay eating healthy and exercising but didn't do as well as I hoped. Back at it now though.

I'll post more when I have more time.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote