Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Long time no see

I have finally finished the pressure part of the job I am currently on and have a few days to catch my breath. I have another few weeks or so of work but the units I need to go to in the building are not ready for me yet.

Unfortunately I had to lay off 5 guys on Friday I called an old friend and I think he will be able to place at least 3 of them on a project in a couple of weeks.

Things are going well here for the most part. I got the results from my colonoscopy and the polyp that was removed was cancer free, as they expected, but said it would have been cancer in about 4 years...so glad I went in. because of that one being large I will now have to go for another in 3 years instead of 10 if I was free from polyps. Heck...I can deal with that!

We had a big party here Sunday afternoon, after church,for my little nephew that turned 4 yesterday...had a lot of fun.

I made a sentimental trip to an old Mexican restaraunt I have been going to for 44 years They will close friday (having sold the property) and may or may not reopen elsewhere. My dad took us their as children, when it was brand new, and we used to have all our big family gatherings for dinner there...it is still in the same family although the original owner....even though he is always there with his wife....sold to other family members a few years ago. We have not been able to get together as a family to go but so far most have gone back to say good-bye. We may try to get in there Thursday too for one more plate of cheese enchiladas! Angie and I hadn't been going as we found another favorite one closer to home but we still got together with family at least once a year for tradition. I took my close friends there in junior high and the tradition continued as they took their kids etc. I posted it on Facebook and got back several private messages as we re-lived memories! Fun stuff!

Angie is still teaching her yoga at the studio and church...my grandchild is still doing well in his mommys tummy ...has moved from "sprout" to "spud" in size

I will check in later....have some calls to make....be good!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI GARY ~ sorry you had to lay off some workers; but good that you were able to find some possible work for some of them. Glad your tests came out so good too ...

We had lovely weather here all day long; spent a good amount of time outdoors enjoying it today as well. I did some reading and crocheting on our deck and caught a lot of D's today. Supposed to have a nice fall week again which is G R E A T !!!

Hope you are all having a good week too! Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-12-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HEY ROSEBUD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #19  
Rosebud

AH, THANKS GARY ~ we can always count on you to remember our birthdays ... It was nice & here all day long; another little gift from GOD on my birthday ... we had lunch out and went for a long walk after to help burn off some of the extra calories; then we went for a nice, long drive in the country to one of my favorite lakes -- it was a beautiful day!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

ROSEBUD!

Last edited by Bootsie; 10-15-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #21  
Rosebud

THANKS, BOOTSIE ~ I had a very pleasant day!!!

Busy the last couple of days too; got lots of walking in, so had sore feetsies last night! I found some terrific bargains this week; picked up two large lighted pumpkins with large cats on top for a song at our local second-hand shop. They are friendly-looking cats too -- we noticed last night that our dear NIKO was sleeping beside them all evening. Then this morning, I managed to catch him with my camera licking one of them on the face & paw -- awww ... he thinks we brought him a friend; sooo cute!!!

Just stayed home and did laundry today. We had lovely for most of the day; but it was a bit cool becuz of a wind. Gonna go do some more reading; read half a novel last night -- maybe I can finish off the rest tonight ... have a good one, eh? Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-16-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #22  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ we had a nice, quiet weekend at home. I just did stuff around here and finished off another wonderful historical romance this past weekend. It's like watching a movie of someone's life, only better. I did some more mending this afternoon: I find it very relaxing and I am almost caught up now.

Made a nice roast chicken with loads of veggies for dinner tonight; oh, the whole house smelt great. DH went on a hobby run today and said that he could smell that delicious dinner just as he was coming back into town ...

We awoke to *white* grass this morning, but as soon as the came out, it all melted ... the temps have been falling quite low lately. I knew it had to be below Zero C (oops, I mean -- below 32 F; in the 20's) becuz the furnace kept coming on all night long. The sky did clear up by the afternoon and we had lovely until sunset, which seems to be coming very early these days!

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-23-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #23  

Oh Rosebud! So cold so soon! You better move to Texas my flowers are still blooming! Had another experience with a skunk in the well house again yesterday. Lanelle my friend and I went to go turn the water on and there it was a skunk! I shut the door quick! Called David and you know what he said? Take a stick and poke it out . I told him you have the fun!
I went in there later and that skunk was still in there set some clorox inside thought that might run it off, no...............
Hubbie went down there with me and it was still there . I opened the door it is still in there! I told him I will get on the side it is on leave the door wide open and bang on the side of the building and holler at it . Well I started banging and hollering but he wasn't I said start hitting the side and holler and hit the wall! He started and wouldn't you know that skunk ran out made a u turn and started right at me! I screamed and hit the stick at it and took off running!
After my thoughtful husband got through belly laughing , he wanted me to go in and cut on the water . I could not breath it stunk so bad when that skunk sprayed the side of the wall, I said You do it! He finally got it cut on then he told me to shut the door, I did that but had to hold my breath to do it.

We got back to the house and my husband said where is Baby , I said she is up there in the pen looks like. He said I think she has a baby, I said OH NO the chickens are loose and they will kill them! So we ran up there and they had killed one of the lambs , pecked its eyes out and she was fighting chickens right and left trying to keep the other one alive. I ran in grabbed the baby and found the dead one. I took the baby inside the barn and baby followed me in. I locked up those chickens and they are not getting out till everything gets through having babies .
Coyotes are back bad, last night sound like they were in a big fight, it was awful!
This afternoon seen a BIG Bird I bet the wing spread was as wide as I could spread my arms, think it was a fish hawk never seen one that Big!
Well that's life on the farm!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #24  
Rosebud

OH BOOTSIE ~ that is so gross & terrible; you're gonna give me nightmares, girl! I didn't know chickens would be so barbaric, except that I did see one eat a male duck's dingaling once ... I couldn't believe my eyes, and I told him, "That's what you get for leaving that thing out so long." I told DH that our male duck just got castrated; so there will be no more baby duckies! He said, "What?" "Yowch!" Ya, that's life on the farm all right ..

You just gotta keep those chickens penned up if you have any expectant mommies loose; becuz they can come early sometimes. I'm sure the goat was worth a lot more than a dozen chickens; and they can skip scratching for awhile anyways. I had to keep my chickens in a penned run becuz the foxes kept taking them; and that could be why the coyotes are trying to move in (they can see them wandering around, I'm sure).

BTW ~ we awoke to more *white* grass this AM; and then it all melted, then just before dinner time, it started to fall again. Yesterday, the flakes were so big that they looked like white MAPLE LEAFS and feathers falling from the sky; we think they were the biggest we have ever seen before ...

Yikes, it's getting cold out there ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-20-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hello!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Hi all - I'm new (well, it's my second time on 3FC) and thought this was a thread crazy enough for me! :-)

I'm 245 trying to get down to 125 so I need a lot of Christian encouragement.

See you all around. Best of luck and lots of prayers to everyone in their journey.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #27  

Hello Thinkin Thin Welcome!
The other ewe had her babies last night and they are beautiful! Gary so glad your test came out great but sorry you had to lay off some of your men . I know how you hate that. RoseAnn that is a new one never heard of that poor little guy.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #28  
Rosebud

GARY ~ nice to see you drop by even if it was tres, tres, tres short ...

THIN ~ I hope that we are not too crazy for you; BOOTSIE and I do share about our hobby farming & raising animal adventures sometimes. I'm sure GOD is well aware of these goings on as they are His own blessed creations ... all creatures great and small, GOD loves them all!

I was working on my PC yesterday fixing something up -- it's back to working correctly again; hope it lasts. Then last evening, I did a bit of reading, but was tired so I fell asleep early -- making up for lost sleep, I think. We had a quiet night for a change; and so far so good today too.

We had lovely today and it's supposed to be the same tomorrow -- so we want to get our fun Halloween decos and our Christmas lights up either tomorrow afternoon and/or early this week sometime before the snow flies and it gets too cold for our fingies to work right outdoors. We do this every year becuz it just gets too cold to wait until December to put them up; lots of people do that here now (put up lights or check for broken or blown bulbs, etc).

I did some vacuuming today; a good one which I do a couple times a week. NIKO is shedding a bit now as his new winter coat is coming in becuz of the cold weather. This happens to him spring and late fall now; weird. He's a big sucky baby now: hates the rain, hates the cold, hates the snow ... He's a barrel of fun though amd great company for us too ...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend out there; sure miss some of our regulars like RONNIE, WILMA, KAREN, GARY (who is very busy right now), BARGOO, KATHY, MATILDA, DEE, VICKIELOU, DONNA, EVE (who is now back on the net), and others that I may have missed -- take good care and do come back now, ya'll here ...

Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-23-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Just want 2B Healthy - No one's too crazy for me. I'm up at 3:30 AM looking for support after a depressing weekend of failure so count me in for a little crazy! Thanks for letting me join in. I need the support!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #30  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ Well, we were blessed with for most of the weekend, so we did get half of our Halloween decos up; and we did some more today. I didn't like how the LED lights looked, so we took those off and put up regular 5 volt lights; we'll see how those look instead.

Today, we had and fog but not so much wind so it was nicer to work outside but we did have to come in to warm up our fingies; then had some nice hot chocolate to warm up afterward. We had shepherd's pie for dinner; I cheated -- I bought it, but delish nevertheless and nice on a cold, damp chilly day. Served it up with a romaine salad and some green beans.

I am trying to rest my feet while reading & posting on here; got a lot of walking in and paid with CHARLIE HORSES last night and this AM. It took me a while to get going today, but took a tylenol to take the pain away so I could go vote in our municipal elections this morning.

We also saw our new arena complex (the first time for me) -- and oh, it is lovely. There were quite a few people swimming in the lovely pool I noticed; what brave folks with all those windows & people watching (eeks, I just couldn't do that). I rode in the special elevator there, but had to find someone who knew the combination to open the doors ... They don't want the kiddies playing in it so they have a special code they have to use.

THIN ~ there are lots of folks that come here in the wee hours of the night when they can't sleep or just want to distract themselves or are looking for some motivation, support, and/or tips. I think that's one of the pluses -- that we can come on here any time of day or night.

Just hang in there -- remember it's all about PERSEVERANCE, NOT PERFECTION ... just keep on going becuz it takes time & practice to create good, new habits. BTW, you are NOT a failure: you are just learning what doesn't work for you; keep seeking and trying until you find what does ...

Hope all our friends here are having a good week; see you soon ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-25-2010 at 09:53 PM.