Old 09-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI BOOTSIE ~ I was very fortunate and got some good sales when we went to the city. I needed slacks too; and got 4 pairs: two navy and two black; but boy, did I ever have to hunt for them. I don't like the kind that are stiff -- got lots of those already (garbadine material) and I wanted something with some spandex in them too (for comfort). One pair is crushed velour but it looks and feels like a stretchy velvet; they will be nice to go with my sparkly tops for Christmas. I also bought a whole pile of undies and they gave me an additional 30% discount for buying 3 or more which came to $40.00 extra off at the cash. Whah-hoo ...

We also picked up a few clothing items for DH here in town yesterday; as the prices for men's clothes were better here for a change; he is blessed that it is much easier to find him clothes being that he is so small. I have to buy him a size medium for room or he splits out the seams.

Yesterday, I tried a new recipe for muffins for DH and I with no sugar; instead of sugar, you use a can of frozen PURE NSA apple or other juice (thawed) + 1 cup water. Well, we both think they are sweet enuff, but I think I am going to use my own favorite recipe, and just sub that for the liquid next time. The original recipe had no fat or eggs or sugar in it; but I was more concerned about the sugar.

I picked up some nice chickens on sale yesterday; we are having one with yams, and piles of veggies for dinner tonight (smells wonderful in here). We are having a lovely day here in the 60's today; how nice for a change. They say tomorrow may be the same, so maybe we should go out to the lot for the day as well.

Hope everyone is having a good one ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-16-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 226/200/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi! I just wanted to give a little praise report, and this seems like the logical place to do it Yesterday and today the scale says taht I have officially lost 25LBS!!!! Thank you Lord for giving me the strength and will power! I am sooo excited, and just had to share it. The Lord has been so good to me!
elaine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Elaine! Thank You for sharing with us!

I been to a reunion today, and I ate but did not really worry if I ate to much for when I got full I stopped. I tell you I am really having a water problem though seems like, I drink and drink and drink and drink, where it goes I don't know. I know I am sweating a-lot in this heat, especially in the barn, its hot in there but not that much! Don't have air but in one room in the house did have two rooms but it played out.I am not gaining weight though ,loosing. Strange....
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #34  
Rosebud

HI ELAINE ~ good for you ... that is fabulous! We love to hear good news here; and 25 lbs is quite a milestone ... Just imagine 25 blocks of butter on your kitchen table; that's a lot!

GOOD NEWS REPORT #2 ~ DH's sister dropped by for a wee visit today, and told us that her DH, TOM M still isn't smoking -- yeah! She says he is doing very well and really thinks he has it licked this time. She said "THANKS" for the prayers for him, as she has really been concerned for his health. He felt good enuff to go on a fly-in trip this week too, and that's a good sign.

We just stayed home and had a restful day after the full day we had yesterday at the lot (weed-whacking with my new machine). It seems I need a day or two in between them to give my musculs a much-needed break. The AM started out with a good but by noon, the came out and stayed for the rest of the day. It was a cool, but nice fall day.

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-19-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome bac, suga and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Angie plays bells at second service this morning so I have plenty of time to play on the computer before church. I am sorry for not posting here since last Sunday but I can assure you I check in here daily I have had so many hours away from home in the last couple of months...but...

I should be working closer to home, most days, for the next few weeks. I think my guys up at 90210 can finish the job without me as I start another one just 5 miles from my house....much better 10 mile round-trip commute than a 220 one

Yesterday Angie and I were able to walk together for the first time since Labor Day morning. We took the mutts on the 4 mile route to Starbucks, a great way to start the week-end!

We spent most of yesterday around the house, after the walk Angie went to church for bell choir practice and I vacuumed and started laundry, paid bills. After she got home Angie spent most of the day trying to figure out a music issue we have with the computer....I don't really understand all of it but she loaded a bazillion songs from a hard drive a friend of ours gave my brother and I to use...now she is trying to figure out how to best get the music off the one she loaded it in onto our computer, that is losing memory fast...so we can load into our i-pods....We will need a new computer soon but are waiting as long as we can.

Well I better get some breakfast going for myself...I have been eating at 3:30 most mornings for work and now it is almost 7:30...no wonder my tummy is growling

Prayers for all
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #37  

Gary don't worry about posting , we know your working hard and I sure hope your getting some rest today for you need it!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 AM   #38  

Went to town with my friend Lanell and we had fun. Took her around and showed her all the resale shops ect. Got things for hubbies birthday party this Saturday. Think everything will turn out good, hope so. I am trying to make the main cake hope it turns out alright.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #39  
Rosebud

GOOD FOR YOU, BOOTSIE ~ hope you have a great party; I used to make DH's cakes all the time too. These days, he sometimes asks for something else like a pumpkin pie or a double-chocolate coffee cake a local bakery makes (one of his faves), and I don't complain as I don't have to make that one.

WE were awaken by a huge thunderstorm last night and again early this AM, so we got up very early while it was still dark. There was a lot of thunder and lightening, so I disconnected my PC to be on the safe side. The is subsiding now, but it is still wet and cool. We pulled out our air conditioners today and put them away in our spare room, since the nights are getting colder and the winds were so bad last night.

I made a nice pot of veggie & lentil/bean soup for lunch; have leftovers for tomorrow as well -- perfect for this kind of weather. Think we'll have some baked fish or chicken for dinner with a salad on the side for me.

CAR ALERT: PRAYERS PLEASE ~ I know that you will not be surprised to hear that we have to take our car to the another mechanic tomorrow; we have taken it to three already. We thought it was fixed when they clamped the exhaust pipe at the last place, but we are still smelling gas fumes whenever we go over a bump, and NIKO tries to scramble on top of me to get into the front seat, shaking and hyper-ventilating at the same time ... poor darling. I don't blame him, it smells terrible.

You know, this is turning into a never-ending saga, except this guy had so much confidence that he said "Bring it on over, I'll find the source!" I hope so, this is getting ridiculous. I will be praying my head off for him and his partner as they go over the car with a magnifying glass ...

We really need this thing fixed for the winter; it would be horrible to go through this in the wintertime too. It's a shame becuz the car itself runs fine and we have put so much money into it now. We bought a new battery and new tires ... we gotta get it fixed!!! Well, maybe this will be the guy as I kept finding this little note with his name & number on it around the place -- I have prayed about this so much, so maybe that was a little sign from GOD ... I sure hope so!

Hope everyone out there is having a great week; take good care now ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-21-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #40  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a cool sunny morning here in Winnipeg. We're supposed to get more rain again later today though. Enough already!!

I got up early and went for a walk this a.m. and it felt so good. I had not done anything since last Wednesday and was beginning to worry that I wouldn't have the umph to go out again but I did!! I have also joined an exercise class on Monday evenings after work. Tiring but good. Now I just need to work on my eating.

Elaine: Congratulations on the loss! It is a major milestone. Good job!

Rosebud: I sure hope the mechanic can find what's wrong with your car. It must be so frustrating for you. Keep up the good attitude. You also inspire me with your meal plans. I really do need to plan more instead of just eat what's available.

Gary: You're still working hard I see. Take care of yourself.

Have a great Wednesday!!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #41  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Hi, everyone! I see things are going along just as usual and that's sure what I need. This has been the most trying month and a half I can remember, except for March when Dad died. My eating and weight are sure showing the stress. Just glad the group is still here and I'm going to be back and more faithful about posting. I'll share more later-just wanted to say hi and let you know you've all been in my thoughts and prayers.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 226/200/140

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am so glad to read what you are doing, and praying for you is a pleasure!
Blessings to you all

Last edited by elaine19; 09-24-2010 at 01:22 AM.
elaine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #43  

Hi Ronni! Missed you!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #44  
Rosebud

TO EVERYONE HERE ~ Well, we got drenched up here today; it and all day and evening. It is so cold and chilly too ; so I am having my second cup of hot tea to warm myself up. I hear that the southern US could use some right now, so sent up some prayers that these clouds may go down there for awhile too ...

HI RONNIE ~ so nice to see you back here again; said so on that "other" thread ... I know that you have been busy with your son going off to college. Oh, he will have an adventure; it's a good time for him. Have been sending up prayers for you and yours ...

HI WILMA ~ nice to see you popping in more too. Sounds like you are getting in lots of exercise this year; the food plan will fall into place soon enuff ...

Made some homemade soup for lunch; banana fiber loaves for snacks; and we had pita pizza for dinner tonight. We finally got that car fixed up; DH thinks for good this time. This mechanic knows his stuff; he said he would find it and he did. Our front exhaust baffles were finished and piles of exhaust fumes were coming into and around the car. So he replaced the whole part and did so for a very, very reasonable $100.00 ... we thank GOD for finding this young man and those that sent us to him. He says the car should last us a good while now that this has finally been repaired.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend; they are predicting some for us -- hope they are correct ... Rosebud
Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #45  

The party is over and my get up and go has walked on. Talk about feeling like left overs I have today and now I got bit by a spider. Oh well praying tomorrow is a better day! Hubbie has to cut hay so I am going to be working. Have a great week all of you!

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-26-2010 at 11:56 PM.