Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 316/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hope I'm DoingThis Right

This is my first time to post to a forum so I really don't know what I'm doing. My ten-year-old is helping me out.

My name is Karyn, and my life has been one long diet with no results. In 2005 I reached my peak at 316. I then lost some and managed to stabilize at 290. Well, last September, I learned my husband was having an affair. Amazing weight loss device! After a year of trials and tribulations and a current two month separation, I am down to 239. (Had actually gotten to 230 but been having some issues. ) Anyway, after losing some of the weight, I realized how GREAT I felt. Then I got to buy new clothes out of the regular size sections!!! That was more fun than seeing the pounds lost.

Well, now I am ready to lose even more. I've been off the diet for a month and a half now but want to hit it and hit it hard. I've got two wonderful daughters (ages 18 and 10) that are very supportive but I want to hear from some grownups. Additionally, although I have attended church off and on throughout my life, I have only recently come to have a relationship with the Lord. I would appreciate any support in any area you guys can provide.

Also can anyone recommend a particular forum? Thanks
Phoenixk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you found us! This is a GREAT site for support and help on your weight-loss journey.
Feel free to join us on the Christian Encourager's thread - they are GREAT folk!

I hope you come back often so we get to know you!
You absolutely CAN do this!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #3  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile Good to meet you!

Just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome. I'm fairly new here, too, but it is the best place. I am a Born Again Christian, but so far haven't ventured into the Christian areas, so much to read!!! LOL Good job on losing the weight!
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #4  

Thanks to both of you! Just spending time on this forum has already saved me from one piece of cheesecake ;-)
Old 09-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

I am so sorry to hear about you and your husband. You sound like you are thriving, and that is so important. I don't know if you are following a diet plan, but I do this self WW thing at home, and have lost 68 pounds. I like to visit the WW forum because it gives me ideas and I love to throw ideas around myself. Depending on what plan you are doing, whether it is calorie counting, WW (which is basically calorie counting), Atkins or South Beach, Fat Smash, or some Oprah inspried diet, you will find it here.

Welcome and good luck. You might also want to check out the goal and mini goal photo section. That was very inspiring to me.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #6  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 289/271/180

Height: 5'6

Welcome I am new here too!!!! And I think this place is great so far!!!!
Good luck with your goals!!!!
Jamiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #8  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Aren't kids great? Welcome to the forums. I am new here as well. You have definitely accomplished a lot already and will no doubt have more success to come. Keep up the good work. God bless.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #9  

Default Counting Calories

Actually I haven't been doing anything formal other than cutting bread, eating smaller portions, and making wiser choices. When I did really get into counting calories, it seemed my weight loss stalled each time. So I think I am going to losely count calories but not obsess. I do know that I was getting A LOT more exercise as I was trying to keep up with my husband and his activities. Now I don't do them as I don't want to run into him and possibly her. So I am looking for something new. My ten year old and I are going to try using the Couch Potato to 5K method to work up to running a 5K race. We're waiting for the sun to go down some and will start tonite.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixk26 View Post
Actually I haven't been doing anything formal other than cutting bread, eating smaller portions, and making wiser choices. When I did really get into counting calories, it seemed my weight loss stalled each time. So I think I am going to losely count calories but not obsess. I do know that I was getting A LOT more exercise as I was trying to keep up with my husband and his activities. Now I don't do them as I don't want to run into him and possibly her. So I am looking for something new. My ten year old and I are going to try using the Couch Potato to 5K method to work up to running a 5K race. We're waiting for the sun to go down some and will start tonite.
well your unformal approach seems to be working welcome

good luck with getting to grip with the forums,this is an amzing place

K
KboP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #12  

Hi

Glad you stumble to this forum too. Same here I am new. Everyone is friendly.

Get your goals to reality. Good Luck

amycarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #13  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Hi Karyn!!

Welcome!! This is a wonderful place where I have gotten lots of support, encouragement and motivation!

Good Luck on your Journey. And remember take it one day at a time.

Belinda
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote