Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #61  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DEE ~ May I ask how old you are? I went through the same thing when I went into peri-menopause when I turned 46 y/o. What you describe could be hormone-related -- you feel very hot like you were in a sauna, but from the inside out. It feels like you have to try and catch your breathe even though you weren't doing anything strenuous. Sometimes, my heart seemed to be racing or there was a fluttering in my chest.

There is this feeling of anxiety too simply becuz you are wondering what it is. At first, I thought that I was having heart or circulatory problems, but all the tests came back negative on that ...

I found sipping cold water; taking slow relaxing breaths; walking around; wearing looser clothing; and mind meditations by PRAISING GOD & SINGING all helped a lot. I kept telling myself ... THIS TOO WILL PASS --- THIS TOO WILL PASS ...

Each time it was really bad, DH & I would pray right away and that helped me feel much better; and I must honestly tell you that one thing that really helped me was 1/2 glass of cold beer; as it has natural hormones in it and is a diuretic as well. I would sip that and put my legs up and get my mind on the LORD as I stated earlier, and the symptoms would go away within a short while (at first, they lasted 15-30 minutes; then later they shortened as time went by until they were only a minute or less).

Are you on a low-dose (80 mg) coated aspirin? That is sometimes recommended for those of us in our 40's & 50's too; but ask your doctor if that is needed first. Were your blood sugar levels ever checked? These symptoms can also be that of LOW blood sugar. Did the doctors check you for that? You may want to have a good overall checkup to rule out anything more serious just for peace of mind. My doctors eventually did a cat scan and some other tests -- and everything came out fine; but they do have me on lifelong aspirin therapy as a preventative measure.

These "WEIRD EPISODES" as I called them -- eventually slowed down, and now I only get them occasionally. One doctor and nurse both thought it was peri-menopause symptoms; while my personal doctor thought I was too young (yet my research found that it can start from 40-60 or as low as 36 y/o), but since the beer helped take it away almost immediately, I suspected they were right on. The beer also calms your jittery nerves which is another symptom of peri-menopause. You don't need very much -- as little as 1/2 to 1 cup (or even a bottle if it's a bad one; not enuff to make you drunk; just don't drive after drinking a whole one). If your doctors conclude that it is peri-menopause -- you may be able to find some other natural remedies that will help you.

I have sent up prayers for you already. It is very scary when you are going through it. Just try not to panic and repeat scripture verses right away. "THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD and I SHALL NOT WANT ..." The 23rd Psalm is so calming and reassuring ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-09-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Dee please get this checked out, may be nothing, better safe than not. Will be praying for you.

Interesting about the beer Rosebud, did you know they even mention beer in the Bible to drink it? I did not know they had even invented beer yet! Deuteronomy 14 :26 New Living Translation, Holy Bible
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Please pray for the people of San Bruno, Ca. They had a terrible tragedy yesterday , a natural gas line exploded causing terrible fires. I have heard 53 homes completely destroyed another 120 damaged. Several deaths and numerous injuries. San Bruno is near San Francisco. There was no warning , those who did get out had no time to anything but get out.

Last edited by bargoo; 09-10-2010 at 07:03 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #64  

Bargoo heard about it this morning as I was leaving for town then coming home, they still were going through homes to help people. Just horrible! Praying for more survivors and no more deaths.
Does our Gary& Angie live anywhere around there?

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-10-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for those in the San Bruno tradgedy, been hearing of it all day down here.

Bootsie, Angie and I live about 8 hours south....San Bruno northern California and we live in southern California.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #66  

So glad yo live and your family live a ways away from it. I figured it would of been all over the news but did not see anything about it. Though I fell asleep 5 minutes watching it, could of came on then. It know it was on the radio though!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Bargoo heard about it this morning as I was leaving for town then coming home, they still were going through homes to help people. Just horrible! Praying for more survivors and no more deaths.
Does our Gary& Angie live anywhere around there?
San Bruno is near San Francisco, about 45 minutes from where I live. Gary is closer to L.A.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #68  
Rosebud

^PRAYERS^ going up for the people of San Bruno and their families too ...

BOOTSIE ~ yes, people of those by-gone years were much more advanced than we sometimes think they were ...
Old 09-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #69  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Update- he did not get the position. there has been literally zero income (from dh) for 2 years. And insufficient income for 6. I work part time in 3 dif jobs. We have our health and 4 healthy boys. My mother is alive and healthy. We own our house (with the bank) and amazingly enough a small country cabin (with the bank).

I prayed and prayed and asked those I love to pray and pray and the job went to someone w/in the company. I know we are not alone in this situation. I know there are many who need help. He has applied for multiple jobs. nothing. I know we are not unique.

Last edited by kittycat40; 09-12-2010 at 09:38 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Continued prayers KITTYCAT....

the stories seem to be getting worse "overall"...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #71  

Kitty Cat continued prayers for your husband , for job, I am sorry this one job did not go through.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #72  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Prayers for those in San Bruno and for Kitty Cat and her husband.

Thanks to all who prayed for me last week. I spent yesterday at the ER. I was having extreme fatigue, dizziness, chest discomfort, difficulty breathing. They did an EKG, CAT scan, chest x-ray. They said I have viral pleurisy. I've had pleurisy before and never had the shortness of breath and dizziness and weakness, but I guess everything is different. They said they ruled out heart problems and a clot. Thanks again- your prayers are much appreciated.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #73  

Dee so happy that you went and had it checked out. Hope they gave you something to get rid of it.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #74  
Rosebud

DEE ~ yes, we have had some really bad viruses going around our country that have those symptoms. Oddly, my father said that he just had a really bad flu virus with those same very symptoms; thankfully, he got lots of rest and fresh air while he was here and is now feeling much better. Like BOOTSIE, I hope they were able to give you something to help fight it ... am sending up more prayers for a full and quick recovery as well.

KITTYKAT ~ we really feel for you and your DH ... I know that you realize that this had nothing to do with a lack or prayer or your DH -- you were surrounded in prayer. This happens all the time. I know it can be discouraging; but don't let it get you down. Tell your DH to just keep on, keepin' on -- becuz eventually things will slowly start to change and someone will hire him. I am praying for you too, as you have a lot to carry right now ...
Old 09-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #75  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Thx for all the support PWs. Heh, Rosebud, you know I did have the 'are we deserving' thought... and chalked it up to it just wasn't time yet. I am still praying and I know there are many prayers sent up for us. Keep 'em coming...please.
Mine continue for all mentioned here.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote