Old 08-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #61  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Aww thanks Caliyah, so nice of you to say!!!

that's great!! good luck. and i love your Jillian quote! i'm watching season 6 of the biggest loser, and i really love it! she is tough!! hehehe

are you signing up for the challenge on this site? i joined

you girls interested in joining? sounds like fun !!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...weigh-now.html

you have to sign up before the 8th sept and you can declare your starting weight from now.
thanks! okay i just signed up! this is going to be exciting = )
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #62  

Thank you Caliyah & Echo for your support.

I just notice primarily my reason for losing weight this time was just different. I have always yo-yoed. Previously, I would set myself to lose weight in 2 weeks by starving and working out continuously to reach my target weight, because I was going on a date or I want to impress someone, I just want to look good period and I feel good when I'm lighter.

Now that I am actually dating someone, I just let myself go. My boyfriend is extremely skinny and I was always urging him to eat more, to gain weight, to look healthy and not like a crackhead. So when he eats, I eat. Only problem is when I eat and eat, I get bigger. He doesnt.

I am still confident and happy despite having the weight on, I just wanted to lose it because I am not physically comfortable being heavy. My thighs sweat and they will start rubbing against each other when I walk and after a while it gets really painful. Clothes tend to bite into my flesh, my knees hurt, I just dont like the skin I am in.

And perhaps I am taking it slow now cos I guess the motivation is different. I dont have a deadline to lose weight and therefore dont have that aggressive discipline I use to have , I want to lose it so I can be comfortable in this body on a day to day basis so I dont worry about my thighs chaffing and reduce to wearing pants all the time.

Jane
JaneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #63  

I would love to join the biggest loser too! How do i go about it?
Old 08-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 189/181/139

Height: 5'3"

I just joined the biggest loser too! I don't know if I did it right though, dixied said she was going to open a new thread.

Echo, what starting weight did you use? If it starts by 9/15...I hope I will be done from what I am at now.
sarajabeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #65  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Caliyah! awesome that you signed up! this is going to be great!!!!!

you're welcome Janelee i think its great that you're taking it slow. the slower you lose the weight, the more you have owned that weight loss! good luck!

jane lee, go here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...igh-now-8.html

and sign up! just say you want to join and then tell them your starting weight.

Sara- thats brilliant you've joined too!!! way hey!! no you did it right, you were meant to sign in that thread, and just put your starting weight.

i used the starting weight that i am currently at right now. which is 167 lbs.

cant wait for the teams to be announced! they've just opened another thread, where we can introduce ourselves, and ask questions.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...er-thread.html
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #66  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Oh man I've been so bad today. I overate at iftari!! I feel so uncomfortable and stuffed now, bad bad bad me!
My mom made my favourite Keema (mince lamb curry), i knew i was getting full, but i ignored it.

anyways will do better tommorow! I think sometimes its a psychological thing, that i know i wont be able to eat again till the next day. but i really need to stop eating when i know i am full!

anyways here is my confession: fast no# 16

exercise at 6.30pm - 1 hour p90x workout shoulders and arms. and Ab ripper X workout (16 minutes).

Iftari:
water, 5 pakoras. 1 roti. salad. mince lamb curry.
time taken to eat meal - 20 minutes. feeling after meal - stuffed and uncomfortable.

hope to do better tommorow!! inshaAllah.

hope you all had a nice iftari.

Last edited by Echo; 08-28-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #67  

Ok great! I just signed up

This is so exciting!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #68  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

i've been doing good these past couple of days. i've lost 1.6lbs since ramadan started. i would have lost more have i exercised a little bit more. but inshallah this week i hope to get some more exercise in.

and my eating habits are going well. i still haven't binged since ramadan started al humduillah.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #69  
live ur life

Quote:
Originally Posted by helwa588 View Post
i've been doing good these past couple of days. i've lost 1.6lbs since ramadan started. i would have lost more have i exercised a little bit more. but inshallah this week i hope to get some more exercise in.

and my eating habits are going well. i still haven't binged since ramadan started al humduillah.
mA CONGRATS!! keep posting you can do this! = ) jane just take it one day at a time and u'll get there
Old 08-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #70  
live ur life

by the way helwa check out the chicks in control forum they have a lot of good posts on binging. i used to have a problem with that but i committed to small goals -- and i wouldn't quit my whole diet after binging once -- it's just a matter of moving forward after a mistake. anyway gotta go..i'm taking a quick nap before iftar and the smell of the food is so yummy
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 189/181/139

Height: 5'3"

Helwa, that is a great job!

I can't believe that 8 fasts are gone already alhumdillah! Wow. Except I feel a little worn out. Today, my sister was going to visit our youngest sister, so I made some food...cutlets and dahi vada (fried lentil donut soaked in yogurt). Then I just caught up on housework and just got back from an ifthar. I did pretty good on the eating. I just don't feel like eating much these days and nothing really seems to sound that good. Anyway, then hubby stopped for ice cream (my little guys start school on Monday so we thought we would treat them on their last holiday night!) but all I had was 1/2 a kiddie cup of soft serve ice cream (true it had some reeses and caramel on it, but it wasn't a bit at all).

So today I had:
fiber one bar for sehri
dinner, 1/2 naan and a large spoon of tandoori chicken breast and about 1/2 spoon of rice and 1 large spoon of yogurt
and then I had the 1/2 cup of soft serve ice cream with some reeses and caramel on it (it was the kiddie size)

So I think I did pretty good. Wish I saw results better! I am impatient. We shall see what happens on Monday (I weigh in on Monday's but I am a TERRIBLE scale stepper--I need to get that thing away from me!)

Anyways...enough babbling from me. I need to pray and then get to bed!

Have a great night everyone. Chat with you tomorrow.
sarajabeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #72  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Janelee - awesome you signed up!!

well done Helwa!! on losing the weight and not binging, you're doing awesome!

well done sara!
----

oh man i've been bad these past two days. two days in a row i've over ate. today i am determined to STOP when I am comfortably full!!!

my confession of my fast yesterday
fast no#9
sehri - 1 toast and mince lamb curry (keema)

iftari - like 5 samosas!! 1/2 roti, 1/2 naan, keema. 1 tbs mixed vegetables. 1 tbs coleslaw. 1 glass of fanta icy lemon.
dessert - gajar ka halwa (carrot pudding) with 1 tbs vanilla ice cream.

no exercise had guests over, no time.

have a good sunday girls!

Last edited by Echo; 08-30-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #73  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliyah View Post
and i wouldn't quit my whole diet after binging once -- it's just a matter of moving forward after a mistake.
that's really good advice!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #74  
live ur life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
that's really good advice!!!!
salaam ladies
sara you are doing great! it takes a lot of willpower to turn down the rest of that ice cream. congrats! don't worry about results - just focus on staying on plan. It took me a long time to see a difference in clothing size and when I look in the mirror I still don't see a major change. But I know it will happen eventually.

thanks Echo -- i realized that is what really separates successful dieters from those that fail is that if you make a mistake or overeat once it doesn't mean you have to go back to how things were before. I always used to quit once I made one mistake but now that is not an option.

Honestly I try to get through this by making 5 lb goals for myself and nothing higher. I really am feeling down and not up to much of anything today but I know when I break my fast I will stay on plan because I deserve better. I also completely don't have any cheat days or days where I eat sugary foods (I know it might sound extreme) I just eat on plan foods and have made healthy alternatives to be my snacks/substitutes for the old foods I used to overeat (I am no longer calorie counting I have just switched to a whole foods/lacto-ovo vegetarian diet). What I do is I make a goal every month to have 30 days perfectly on plan and if I break it then I restart it again until I can finally get beyond 30 days perfectly on plan. This has worked for me so far.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 AM   #75  

Ok, I've just slacked during the weekend. Went without exercise for entire 3 days. I wanted to workout an hour before Iftar like how you suggested Echo, but it completely slip my mind. The entire weekend I was running errands in preparation for Eid and I just conveniently let go of my weight loss efforts. What is wrong with me?

People limit their cheat days to one day a week. I had 3! OMG, I got major catch up to do for this week and then when Friday comes....oh I dread the weekends cos I'm never that discpline when it comes to the weekends. This is me off the wagon again!

So i signed up for the challenge, thats a motivation but how does it work anyway?