Old 08-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #46  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

aww thanks so much Miss Maya!!!
i can definately relate on it being hard to wake up for sehri, and also being sleepy after iftari!! i do aswell hehe.

well for me personally I have figured out the best time for me to exercise, is approximately 1 and half hours before iftari.
i found that when i exercised before sehri around 3am, even though i drank lots of water during the workout and afterwards before the fast began, i was really thirsty throughout the day.

so then i stopped doing that. and the day before yesterday, i went for a long walk just before iftari, walked about 40minutes and by the time i came back (i timed it) i could drink water and open my fast.

yesterday i did a workout 1 and half hours before my iftari (started at around 6.30pm) i did feel abit shaky and weak after my workout, so you do really need to be careful. so dont over exert yourself.

my advice, if you're feeling tired, go for a walk, the fresh air will do you good.

even walking is great exercise, any movement of the body.

i do tend to get really tired around late afternoon.
==========

sara - 5 indeed!! great job everyone!

and wow bootcamp! sounds really tough!! the only thing i would worry about is the thirst factor.
--

Thanks Janelee!!!

and well done on doing 15 pushups. any exercise no matter how much, is great!

i totally agree with your philosophy, exercise shouldnt be something that is painful and you dread, cause then you wont do it. even small things can add up over time!

hehe the ticker thingy, this is the website.

but you have to be a member for 20 days and have posted 20 posts- then you can access to your signature.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet/weight-tracker/
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #47  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Fast no# 5 (yesterdays fast confession)

exercise at 6.30pm (about 1 and half hours before iftari).
exercise was - p90x chest and back workout (52 minutes), and Ab ripper X (~16 minutes)

opened fast with 1 date and water.

dinner - 2 plain paratha, 1 fried egg. 1 serving spoon of chicken curry. 1 onion pakora.

after dinner - 2 cups of sabaz chai (pink tea), 1 small bowl of kettle chips (black pepper).

-----------
fast no# 6
sehri - 1 cold plain paratha with some slices of mild cheddar cheese (haha i know sounds weird, but its so delicious) hehe. 600 ml of water.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #48  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

salaam ladies

so i've been off the exercise wagon..with work an prayers i haven't had time to squeeze it in plus i've been having trouble getting all my water in = ( i think i'm going to track my weight once ramadan is over but i'm still sticking to plan with my eating
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #49  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Salam Caliyah- nice to hear from you i hear ya about drinking enough water.
good idea about tracking weight after ramadan.
======================

Fast no# 6

Sehri - 1 plain paratha with mild chedder cheese. 600 ml of water.

------
7.20pm: exercise (40 minutes before iftari). Cardio - 40 minutes of plyometrics p90x

Iftari - 600 ml of cold water (it was so good! cause i was so thirsty after the workout! 1 date.

dinner:

appetizer - 1 mango.

main - 1 chicken patty. 1 roti. 1 teaspoon of light mayo, ketchup and yoghurt. 2 onion pakora.

dessert : 1 scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
--
snack- 1 packet of Discos cheese and onion crisps

Last edited by Echo; 08-28-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 189/181/139

Height: 5'3"

Wow, echo you impress me with your P90x workout in the morning. How do you like it? I had ordered it for my husband, but he said he likes the variety of the gym and that he couldn't do it for 90 days...I tried and didn't have the time between the kids, hubby, work, house, etc. for a consistent schedule.

Bootcamp...I LOVE it and I hate it. First class (before Ramadan) we had to run up in a parking structure 4 floors--4 times, then up and down the stairs (4 floors) 3 times then we had to do a circuit of lunges with weights, arm and leg stuff and then had to finish with 100 crunches and 20 leglifts. Anyway, I have been so tired that I missed my two classes this week, but plan on going again next week. So to get back in the groove I laced up for a run right before ifthar (an hour) and of course 10 minutes out it started raining. So I just rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes. At least I did something so I feel better!

You all impress me with getting activity every day!
sarajabeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 189/181/139

Height: 5'3"

6th fast complete!

Today I didn't do as well with eating.

Bfast: banana and half of a fiber one bar (all I could handle eating this morning again!)

Ifthar: one boiled egg and 2 mini pitas and a date

Dinner: 1 and 3/4 fried kibbe (I know fried right, but soooo delish!) with about 1 tbsp hummus and 1/3 of a chicken shwarma sandwich.

And then my husband said since the kids start school on Monday let's go for ice cream so we went to this place that makes the BEST ice cream fresh every day. I had 2 small scoops in a cone.

So according to WW I had 30 points! That is 6 over my limit but you get some flexible points to work with and I did earn like 4 points for activities! (or better said I had about 1500-1600 calories and only burned like 200 with my activity)

So I will have to be more careful tomorrow--but I will say this year seems to be going better than last...I seem to be more careful. How about all of you?
sarajabeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 208/205/154

Height: 5''8.5

I actually got a couple of goods tips from you guys :-) Thankss!
I think now I am going to workout and time it so that i break the fast right right when i finish working out (great idea ladies)!. I have a turbo jam dvd it lasts 20min but it is really intense. I just have to make sure I drink a lotttt of water at throughout the night.
Yesterday, I fell asleep and had only drank 1/2 glass of water. I was so thirsty when I woke up (I woke up at 8am so could not drink anymore) but God is Great because I made it until 7:45pm.
My stomach has been so bloated because I ate tons of rice and nothing else but carbs. I have 3 weeks left so I'll do better.

For this week, I am going to mae a big fruit salad (w/yorgurt in it) and also an egg and potato salad w/ low-fat mayo. I will make a lot of it so i can eat it through the week.
I need to make a menu and stick with the plan!

There is great hadith that says that the Prophet (pbuh) said: ""Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full. Fill 1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

This statement keeps me focus!
Miss Maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #53  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajabeen View Post
Wow, echo you impress me with your P90x workout in the morning. How do you like it? I had ordered it for my husband, but he said he likes the variety of the gym and that he couldn't do it for 90 days...I tried and didn't have the time between the kids, hubby, work, house, etc. for a consistent schedule.

Bootcamp...I LOVE it and I hate it. First class (before Ramadan) we had to run up in a parking structure 4 floors--4 times, then up and down the stairs (4 floors) 3 times then we had to do a circuit of lunges with weights, arm and leg stuff and then had to finish with 100 crunches and 20 leglifts. Anyway, I have been so tired that I missed my two classes this week, but plan on going again next week. So to get back in the groove I laced up for a run right before ifthar (an hour) and of course 10 minutes out it started raining. So I just rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes. At least I did something so I feel better! You all impress me with getting activity every day!
Aww thanks Sara!!! Well I found out that I was getting too thirsty during the day by doing p90x in the morning. so now I do my p90x exercise, about 1-2 hours before iftari, in the evening.

I love p90x! I really love the variety and the structure. everyday is different workout, and I find Tony very motivational ! he's awesome. and Also I love how everyday i look at my timetable and i know exactly which exercise i have to do. i am really enjoying it myself i'm in my 2nd week at the moment.

wow Bootcamp sounds hardcore! well done on doing it. i'm impressed !! well done you!
and great you did exercise
Old 08-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #54  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajabeen View Post
6th fast complete!

Today I didn't do as well with eating.

Bfast: banana and half of a fiber one bar (all I could handle eating this morning again!)

Ifthar: one boiled egg and 2 mini pitas and a date

Dinner: 1 and 3/4 fried kibbe (I know fried right, but soooo delish!) with about 1 tbsp hummus and 1/3 of a chicken shwarma sandwich.

And then my husband said since the kids start school on Monday let's go for ice cream so we went to this place that makes the BEST ice cream fresh every day. I had 2 small scoops in a cone.

So according to WW I had 30 points! That is 6 over my limit but you get some flexible points to work with and I did earn like 4 points for activities! (or better said I had about 1500-1600 calories and only burned like 200 with my activity)

So I will have to be more careful tomorrow--but I will say this year seems to be going better than last...I seem to be more careful. How about all of you?
i think you did VERY well with the eating! you hardly ate much!!
i love kibeh myself, and chicken sherma, wow well done you for not eating much, 1/3 sherma isnt much at all

Last edited by Echo; 08-28-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #55  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Maya View Post
I actually got a couple of goods tips from you guys :-) Thankss!
I think now I am going to workout and time it so that i break the fast right right when i finish working out (great idea ladies)!. I have a turbo jam dvd it lasts 20min but it is really intense. I just have to make sure I drink a lotttt of water at throughout the night.
Yesterday, I fell asleep and had only drank 1/2 glass of water. I was so thirsty when I woke up (I woke up at 8am so could not drink anymore) but God is Great because I made it until 7:45pm.
My stomach has been so bloated because I ate tons of rice and nothing else but carbs. I have 3 weeks left so I'll do better.

For this week, I am going to mae a big fruit salad (w/yorgurt in it) and also an egg and potato salad w/ low-fat mayo. I will make a lot of it so i can eat it through the week.
I need to make a menu and stick with the plan!

There is great hadith that says that the Prophet (pbuh) said: ""Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full. Fill 1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

This statement keeps me focus!
Awesome!!! that's so great! good idea to time it just before your iftari. but do take it easy, if you feel abit light headed or faint, stop until you recover. you dont have to go to the usual speed either. any movement will be better than nothing! and that cold water you drink after the workout just at iftari, is the best drink ever!! it feels so good.

MashAllah I really love that hadith aswell. ISnt it amazing, that what people are learning now about how to eat, The Prophet (pbuh) had already told us!

Basically what I do when its time to eat, I have a little clock infront of me, and it reminds me to eat slowly. and stop when im comfortably full. the slower you eat, the less you will eat, because it takes 20 minutes before your stomach can tell your brain you are full.

also if you eat slowly. putting down your fork between mouthfulls and REALLY chewing your food, like 20 or so bites. there will come a time, when you will involuntarily SIGH, you will draw a big breath and that is your body telling you " i'm satisfied" and then if you eat a few more bites, you will realise you are full.

it works for me everytime! hehe sometimes when im eating something im really enjoying and finding delicious, i hope i dont sigh yet, but eventually that sigh comes along lol. sometimes im naughty and keep eating, but eventually i realise im full and dont want to eat anymore. the food doesnt taste as delicious as when i first started eating.

also another sign to know that you are full, you will be more thirsty than hungry. so its a good idea not to drink whilst your eating. so when you want to drink instead of eat. thats your body telling you- you are full.

sometimes i will have a little sigh after a few bites, but the one i look out for is the one that comes later on.

watch out for it. once you realise, you can never ignore it again!

after the sigh, you eat a few more bites, and you will realise you are full.

Last edited by Echo; 08-28-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #56  
live ur life

wow you girls are doing amazing! okay maybe i shouldn't be so lazy = /
i'll workout before suhoor inshA! = ) i don't want to make any more excuses! and i am going to stay on track

Last edited by caliyah; 08-28-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #57  

Thanks Echo!

Today I cut myself a little slack, didnt perform prayers or exercise, had pizza for iftar and ice cream! Maybe cause its Friday or sleep deprivation or the weather has been cold and I really like the comfort of my warm blanket. Whatever it is, I felt remorsely guilty at myself but I just think cos the weekend is here. And for me its always the case of 2 steps forward 1 step backward.

Regardless, Saturday is a new day and I'll pick up where I left off. Here I go again....
JaneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #58  
live ur life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneLee View Post
Thanks Echo!

Today I cut myself a little slack, didnt perform prayers or exercise, had pizza for iftar and ice cream! Maybe cause its Friday or sleep deprivation or the weather has been cold and I really like the comfort of my warm blanket. Whatever it is, I felt remorsely guilty at myself but I just think cos the weekend is here. And for me its always the case of 2 steps forward 1 step backward.

Regardless, Saturday is a new day and I'll pick up where I left off. Here I go again....
you tripped but you didn't fall - keeep going and don't worry about mistakes u've made. the most important thing is you make sure you stay on plan regardless of how many times you trip
Old 08-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #59  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliyah View Post
wow you girls are doing amazing! okay maybe i shouldn't be so lazy = /
i'll workout before suhoor inshA! = ) i don't want to make any more excuses! and i am going to stay on track
Aww thanks Caliyah, so nice of you to say!!!

that's great!! good luck. and i love your Jillian quote! i'm watching season 6 of the biggest loser, and i really love it! she is tough!! hehehe

are you signing up for the challenge on this site? i joined

you girls interested in joining? sounds like fun !!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...weigh-now.html

you have to sign up before the 8th sept and you can declare your starting weight from now.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #60  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneLee View Post
Thanks Echo!

like Caliyah so eloquently put it, just dust yourself off, and try again!! its never over until you quit!!

we all have our off days, so dont worry about it at all. tommorow is a brand new day!! keep at it soldier!!
and i had pizza the other day and had ice cream yesterday. no biggy

Last edited by Echo; 08-28-2009 at 11:49 AM.