Old 01-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers February

Christian Encouragers ~ January

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ JANUARY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not a lot of time tonight ~

Have to pick up knucklehead nephew at youth group ~

See you soon ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #3  

Nice to find a spot here for Christians!
Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 AM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Arizona
Great group of people here. Glad to see you have found us.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #5  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hello every one and Arizona , I agree with Shy moment this is a great group of people.Post often so we can get to know ya.
Shy - not much of a chance to get on here yesterday had to get DH ready for his flight to Vegas.I wish he would go when the weather is good , but I understand he has to go.
Gary - Want some snow I'll ship it to ya all ya want free , we are suppose to get 8-10 inches with 1/4 inch of ice.Oh to be on Some Beach , Some Where where it is warmer them 18 above.
Counting down - How is every thing going good I hope.
Hello Rennie , Christina, Bargoo,Wilma, Flyaway, Rose bud , Jennifer, Karen , Lori, Aunt Sue I hope you all are having a blessed day, Rena
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

ARIZONA ~ yes, this is a friendly group; EZ (Gary) started it up. Come back often, and tell us a bit about yourself.

LOSINIT ~ WOW, you guys are almost getting as much snow as us. Was talking to my Dad who lives down south and they have almost the same day temps and as many snow storms as us this year (maybe even more). Things are sure upside down these days.

Had a quiet day; just doin' housework and such, as usual. DH has been gone for the day; should be home soon for dinner (which is steak and lots of veggies and romaine salad).

KAREN ~ any luck with selling that house?
LORI ~ how are you and the kiddies doin'? AJ and his arm?
WILMA ~ hope you are battling that cold well!
SUE ~ as busy as a bee ... always workin' so hard ... LOL!
EVERYONE ELSE: hope all is well!

UPDATE ON UNCLE TOM ~ he has the connecting tube in now; but the CHEMO had to be postponed until this Monday becuz of that bad storm we had; thanks for all your prayers ...

We had nice sunshine for most of the day; nicer than predicted, and we'll take it thanx ~ lol! Well, better go check that dinner; don't wanna ruin it. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ goin' up for you and yours.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-01-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #7  
Rennie

losin
I will keep him in my prayers that his trip is safe and he comes home in a good mood.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everybody, Sorry I haven't been around for a bit. I just have been feeling so down with trying to get this house sold. I know that I shouldn't feel that way but it just seems to be taking forever--- and then DH has been without work since April 12th. Not to many people looking for someone who is just 11 month away from 62. Especially in the building business! So my eating has been way off, exercise has been way off so because of that I had to move my ticker UP 2 pounds this week! So that is enough of that! Just have to stop worrying so much about everything.

There have been a lot of people interested in the house but most want to do a lease option and we can't do that. There have been at least 2 couples that said they were very interested but one had to sell their house first and I'm not sure what has happened to the othere couple!

So between that and all the cold, snowy weather --- it has just been kind of "yucky" around here! So I'm going to pull myself back up and get started on the right track once again!

Hope everyone is doing good and I think about you all the time. Take care and Keep Smiling!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #9  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Thank you Shy
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #10  
Rennie

Karen
So sorry to hear things aren't going well. I do understand about the job problems. My children's father is a 65 year old union industrial construction plumber. He finally retired last year. I can remember the years that were lean because when building is down, when the economy is down there isn't any work. Those that are working really have no idea sometimes how hard it is out there for a lot of people. I was reading the other day in the paper they are saying, people are a bit afraid to spend their money so spending is down. Why don't they tell the truth? People don't have any money to spend that is why they aren't spending it. I know people who are not spending money on this or that. Right now who are only feeding them selfs and their kids two meals a day because gas is so high they have to spend the food money on gas to go back and forth to work. Hope luck comes your way and you sell that house for the price you want for it. Just give it time.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm back from my conference! The weather was awful - we saw many cars off the road and a couple of nasty accidents along he way. It looked like everyone made it through alive, but I'm not sure how serious their injuries were. (prayers ascending).

Karen - glad to see you back - we missed you! I will continue to keep you and your situation in prayer! Worry is an awful thing. It isn't productive at all, but I can't always seem to remember that. It just comes so naturally!!!

Rosebud - thanks for the update on Tom! We will continue to keep him and the family in our prayers. Glad you got sunshine too. I need some. I have a bit of SAD. I NEED sunshine!!!! And Michigan (because of the lakes) is a very cloudy state in the winter

Rena - I hear you about that beach. And I forgot to take my swimsuit to the conference - so I didn't even get a chance to take a dip while I was gone - all those years of NEVER wearing a swimsuit in public - I can't seem to remember that I should add it to my packing list. Old habits die hard...

Arizona - WELCOME! Come back and post often - we LOVE new folk around here!

Shy - I hope you stick with the challenge. Even if you weigh in every other week. Just post your same weight for the in-between weeks. Seeing the erratic losses/gains by our other teammates - your 2 lbs. every other week will really help the team. We NEED you!!!!

I'm happy today. I won two auctions on ebay - one for new XC skis and the other for 2 pair of XC boots (DH and my sizes). They came while we were gone to Detroit. Now I just need to get DH moving on putting the bindings on my new skis. The cloudy winter weather brought another 18 inches of snow while we were gone. I'm really hoping we can get out skiing again this weekend

Blessings to all! Prayers ascending
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #12  
Rennie

Counting
Very good idea. I think that is what I am going to do. Might look like I don't lose weight every other week but oh well. Better for my peace of mind to stay off that darn scale. So glad you are back and things went ok. The weather has been a bit nasty here and there. I even took my daughter to work a couple of times because I didn't want her on the road. Not just because she is a new driver and might get hurt BUT also because she is a new driver and I didn't want her to hurt anyone else. I don't understand people in Ohio. We get snow every year. You would think people would know how to drive through the stuff lol. Nice going on your EBAY wins. I love ebay lol.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #13  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the prayers for my cold. I think I've finally licked it. I actually had some energy tonight. It's been hanging on since before Christmas so hopefully this time it's gone for good.

I had a nice evening. My DIL, niece and I were the only ones home so we had a nice dinner and visit. I made chicken breasts, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. Healthy!!

Now that I'm feeling better I want to get going again with the exercise. I think I need a boost to my metabolism as nothing is moving weight wise. I see my doc in a month and would like something to show for it when I see her.

It's been dreadfully cold here this week. Today is a lot more bearable. I even had the excitement of not having my van start because it was so cold. Fortunately we got my son's car going and he was able to get me to work on time. This being the day my cold was the worst too. I am always thankful that God takes care of me. He even cares about getting me to work on time.

I wish I had time to post to each one of you but I have been reading the posts and am praying for you.

Good Night!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #14  
Rennie

wilma
Nice to see you back. This season has just been cold nasty. Get it and can't get rid of it. I can't seem to quite kick this sinus thing. I am not complaining. Usually if I get sick by my birthday Nov, I am very sick all season. Not this year. Praise the Lord for that. Take it easy for a bit longer and make sure you have really kicked the cold. Everyone seems to think they have it licked and back it comes.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #15  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Wilma - glad you are on the mend! It HAS been a rough winter so far.

Shy - It is the same in MI. People forget how to drive in the snow and ice. They are slip-sliding all over the place. Going way too fast and then slamming on the brakes to stop.

We went skiing again this morning - it was beautiful! The temperature is in the 20s and just a light snow.
Attachment 28341

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-22-2008 at 11:54 AM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote