Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #31  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hello every one have been away for 3 days welcome Kimmy glad you found us post often so we can get to know ya. Will post later have a great day.
Rena
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #32  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Kimmy!
You have found a WONDERFUL group of Christian folk that are very supportive. Come back often and let us know how you are doing. I am a calorie counter and the weight at my age (50+) is coming off very slowly. But, I have found that coming here daily really does help me keep my spirits up. When I started, the thought of losing 75-80 lbs. was very overwhelming and depressing. But, you know - our God is amazing and his love is so vast that he can support us even when the task seems insurmountable.

Take it one day at a time. Don't compare yourself with ANYONE else (ok - I sometimes take a peek at how Shy Moment is doing) and realize that - with God's help - you CAN do this!

I will keep you in my prayers

bargoo - you are so right.

Rosebud - thanks for the update on Tom - prayers ascending...

Shy - cacti - now THAT is an idea - I might be able to keep them alive

Busy day for me (again). I didn't make it to the Ash Wednesday service. The weather here is awful. After shoveling the drive - we were too pooped to get cleaned up and get to church on time.

Wishing you a wonderful start to Lent. I am Working through the "Faithfully Fit" book as one of my Lenten Study books. So far - so good. I will keep you posted.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #33  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Counting
We haven't had much snow to shovel this year. Only twice was there enough to have to bother with. It is a lot of work. You take it easy. Girl, I keep an eye on how you are doing too. You encourage me.

Counting is very right. You can't compare yourself to anyone else. We get encouragement from each other. We find support and we know if someone else can do it so can we. When I started this journey I had at least 78lbs to lose. I couldn't believe meds had packed on the pounds and I sure didn't think ( doc wasn't very encouraging ) that I would ever be able to take it off. Losing is going slow but it is coming off. I of course feel better about myself because I have taken some of the weight off BUT I feel better about myself for more reasons than just the scale. I have control of my life again, I am doing something about the weight AND I am the only one that can do it for me. I couldn't have done any of this without God's help. On the bottom of my posts to many of the new people I put this...When you think you are all alone. When there isn't a person in site to encourage you. God is right there beside you, usually yelling put down that candy bar. I really mean that. With God's help, my wonderful husband and all the friends I have made here. I have found the support and encouragement I need to become a healthy person again.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #34  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ we had lovely sunshine but it is very cold out there today and with a wind to boot; supposed to go down into the -30C's tomorrow, but we will have some sun to warm things up a bit (good thing). Our carnival is on and we do have cooler temps to keep the ice hard, but hope it doesn't put a damper on anyone's spirits.

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers for TOM; I am also praying that GOD will help his body take the meds more easily. If some of them get in that could help a bit at least; if he can tough it out for a little while.

KIMMYP ~ lots of good people here to give encouragement and support; you'll catch on to things pretty quickly.

THANKS GARY ~ glad you have lots of work right now; gotta take advantage of that whilst you can ...

Just did a lot of housework today; kept me busy. I was even darning some of DH's wool socks while reading the posts; makes it go by fast. I am using one of my hand-held dumbbells instead of a lightbulb ~ lol! Well, it works and that's all that matters, right?

BARGOO ~ men always lose faster, or they aren't even overweight in the first place, like my DH (lucky duck, skinny minny); lol! He says he knows that he inherited a good metabolism from his mother's side (actually no-one in his family is overweight). But some on my side have weight issues or have to watch it closely. My Dad lost about 35 lbs and has kept it off; but that may have been from being sick too (he had cancer too; but is OK now).

Well that's all for now; just wanted to check in. Had a good OP day! HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE too! Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ continuing for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-06-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #35  
Rennie

just
It can be a tough time, I know. Just remember where there is another day, there is hope. Hope his body starts taking the meds better. A light bulb, a dumbbell never thought of those lol. I have this thing my great grandmother gave me that kind of looks like a wooden egg. I know the big plastic easter eggs work pretty good too. Heck, I thought I was the only one left that fixed socks lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-07-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #36  

Hey - I darn too - not often, but I do. I have some favorite woolens that I keep mending. I always knit the kids mittens and scarves growing up. I was forever darning mittens! I did some felting a few years ago - I enjoyed it. I do have a bit of trouble with the repetitive motion of knitting these days. Arthritis is so inconvenient some times!!!

Hope everyone had a good day. Continuing to keep everyone in my prayers

Last edited by CountingDown; 02-07-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for you kind comments. I hope to get to know you and I will add you all to my prayer list as I see your names.
I had to work today so didn't get a chance to reply until the girls were all organized for the evening. My oldest daughter is away at district chorus. She auditioned and is moving on to regionals... was a real answer to prayer! God has blessed her with great musical ability but this year the chorus director has been having some personal issue and so did not work with the students. My daughter was afraid she would not make it without her help. She has been praying for God's help and He did!
Thank you for your prayers...continue to pray for me! I got to work today and it was one of the workers birthday so we had cake...I had a small piece but thought what a day for this! I guess the devil won't make it easy like having a birthday fruit and veggie tray instead!
I don't darn! My mother-in-law told me when I first got married to her "baby" that if he ever asked me fix his socks I should rip them to shreds saying "darn, darn, darn" as I did it! It has become a joke around are house whenever something is thrown in the repair basket!
Take care all and have a blessed evening.
Kimmy
KimmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #38  
Rennie

Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

Kimmy
That is wonderful that your daughter made it to regionals, it is a lot of work. \

Counting
Wish I knew how to knit, something I always wanted to learn to do and never had anyone to teach me. My grand mother and great grand mother were always to busy. Sorry your hands hurt so much.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Shy, Sorry to hear about your fall---- I know you probably can laugh a bit at it now but am sure it wasn't funny at the time. You may want to take it easy for a little bit---you may just find that you have more sore muscles tomorrow than you do now. And I know about the Oreos making everything better!!! Just relax and try not to let it get to you. Sure hope you feel better tomorrow.

Kimmy- that is really pretty neat about your daughter making the regionals. You can hear how proud you are in your "voice"

I don't darn socks either. Ok, maybe I do for jsut my favorite ones!

Well, just wanted to pop in and say hello. Hoping for better weather tomorrow without all the wind! Todayw e had blue skies and sunshine but couldn't see your hand in front of your face because the wind was blowing the snow that was on the ground everywhere!

Take care and I'll chat more tomorrow
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #40  
Rennie

Karen
Thanks. That is the very reason I made sure I did at least 2 one mile videos today. Wanted to do 3 but to sore. Didn't do my resistance training I wanted to do either. I am taking it easy. You stop moving and everything just tightens up and you just hurt more. Better to keep the body moving a bit I think. We shall see lol.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #41  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SHY ~ so sorry about that bad fall (been there, did that too); so will pray for you that you haven't any lasting problems from it. Have to say that you had me with that story (tripped over some lint, eh?); I was laughing with ya all the way ~ LOL! Gee, I can't even say that I tripped over some lint; I just slipped on the very thick two layers of carpet (or maybe there was three; we don't really know ~ oh how I digress) ...

KIM ~ that was funny too; about the darning: many will agree that is the best thing to do with them (sometimes I am thoroughly tempted to do the same but I hate to waste them for a small hole); if they get to bad, out they go. Want to know a secret? Sometimes when DH isn't looking, I will tear up a shirt or something that I don't like, so I can get rid of it ... shhhhh!!!

OOOPS and Anyways, HI TO COUNTING AND KAREN AND EVERYONE ELSE ~ it's getting very late; time to hit the sack, catch ya later ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'5"

Shy -- so sorry to hear about your fall and hope you don't have too much of the "day after" stiffness and pain. I'll pray for you.

Just -- I'll have to remember your method for getting rid of unliked shirts...my middle daughter has some that are not going to make it out of the repair basket now!

I probably won't be able to post for a little while. We will be away. My father-in-law passed away in the night. It was not totally unexpected. He has not been good for several weeks. We live about 2hrs away from the rest of the family so are preparing to leave to stay out that way. Of course, my oldest is at districts so trying to decide whether to tell or wait until after the concert tomorrow. We have to travel to pick her up and then on to the family. Pray for them as my husbands family is not Christian and not receptive at all.

Pray for my eating habits while gone ...it is so hard when eating out etc. Also, when I get back I want to hear about all of your exercising habits. I don't have any (except for chasing children) and thought maybe I should begin something.

Have a good day.
Kim
KimmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #43  

Shy - oh my! Please take care of yourself! Don't overdo! You will be working off those Oreos in no time! Actually, there are many worse things you could have eaten!

Kimmy - sorry for your loss! I will keep your family in my prayers! Stay strong, sometimes families come together in grief. And often, it makes them think a bit about life and death and religion.
If it was me, I would probably wait to tell my son until after the competition. Not much can be gained by telling her sooner, and she has worked hard to get to where she is. Just my two cents.

Rosebud - oh - I have been so tempted with DH's sweatpants and a couple of ratty tees. But I finally threw out a sweatshirt of mine that was atrocious! So, I need to take that log out of my own eye ...

Hope everyone is doing ok! Have a great weekend!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 PM   #44  

Eltigre - WELCOME! You have found a wonderful, supportive forum filled with fun, spirit-filled folk
To subscribe to the thread, look for the smaller purple bar at the top - click on "thread tools", then click on "subscribe to this thread"

Hope to see you back soon!
Blessings
Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #45  
Rennie

Just
So glad I keep you amused lol.

Kimmie
It could have been worse and I have been in worse pain lol thank you. So sorry for your loss. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

Counting
I don't even really like the things but my daughter insisted that chocolate ( not one of my favorite things ) is good to keep shock away. Shock was when I saw how much fat was in those things lol. I am taking it easy. I did the walking videos today but took it real easy with the kicks and knee lifts and such. I swear my pinkie toes hurt lol.

eltire
WELCOME
There are great people here and if you have read the posts you have found we talk about all kinds of things. Some of them seem to get amusement in my pain lol. Oh well, I knew there was a reason God put me on this earth . Come back often and let us know how things are going.