Old 11-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #166  
Quit counting at 45!

Tom is also on my prayer list.

It's snowing here today - looking very much like winter. Plus it's a big day in Canadian football. Our Winnipeg Blue Bombers are playing for the championship called the Grey Cup tonight. The kids are coming over to help us cheer on the team. I made a pot of chili plus munchies which I will try to stay away from.

I found a couple of walking DVD's for 5.00 each. One is a 3 mile one of WATP which I will have to work up to and the other is George Forman's Walk it off with George. I plan to use them this week!! Please keep me accountable. For some reason I need that.

Gotta go watch ball. GO BOMBERS!!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #167  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

VERONICA ~ Always, glad to have more people on our thread!

Another six inches+ of snow fell last night: it does indeed look like winter out there; actually, we're getting kind of buried in the white stuff. A nice, younger guy from next door had pity on us and shoveled our deck off for us today (GOD bless him). I love winter once it's settled in, and the crispy, dry cold is here too; it's -17C right now and we have a fullish moon.

Had a good day and stayed on plan well this past week. I'm getting much better at not letting things lead me to munch as in the past. YEAH! We are making changes to our Christmas traditions this year too, limiting what we have in the house; that's a good new tradition ~ LOL!

Only four weeks til Christmas folks; we have a few gifts for others, but haven't done anything for ourselves. We have so much already, so we have decided to give to a special charity this year. We chose a homeless shelter becuz I just hate to see people on the street, esp in the winter. Do any of you do this at Christmas time?

WILMA ~ where did ya find the walking tapes? I can't find any here; we'll have to go to the city I'm sure. That's the problem with a small town; you are limited in choices somewhat?

GARY ~ glad you got your lights up; we want to put one more thing by the house. I went to a Christmas bazaar/sale and got some nice decorations like giant red bows, door bells, tree decorations, and such. We don't do our inside tree and decor til next week either. Boy, your cuties are doing double duty; great personal trainers ~ LOL!

EVERYONE ~ Thanks for all the prayers; take good care ~ your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^ PRAYERS ^ for you and yours continue ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-26-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #168  
Quit counting at 45!

Rosebud: I lucked out on those tapes. Zeller's was selling DVD's for $4.99 and I found these in that selection. I did part of the George Forman one and really liked it.

Last night I got on the exercise bike and did some indoor walking while watching TV. Not for long, mind you but I plan on increasing the time as my legs get stronger.

I also have Leslie Sansone's strength training DVD with the rubber band and think I will enjoy doing it also.

Gary: Our lights aren't up yet. DH was gone while our weather was nice and today it's -25C. We don't have a lot to put up but when it's cold like that any thing is too long. Hopefully it'll warm up a bit for the weekend.

Shymoment: It'll be a while before I get to the 3 mile DVD. For me it's also about having the time to do it. I like your idea of doing a short one twice a day.

We also have a hallway in the basement at work that goes around in a square. Some of the girls started walking around it at lunch because it's too cold to go outside. I think I might just do that for 10 minutes each day too. Every little bit helps.

Gotta go out in that cold now. Have a great day!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #169  
Quit counting at 45!

Shymoment: I think what you're saying is that exercise is a matter of priorities. I need to make it a priority in my life and then I'll have the time to do it. Got the message!! You are absolutely right!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #170  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Shy, I like your style! You are so right of course! I can't believe how much time I have to exercise since we stopped watching television. I ordered 4 more WATP dvds from half.com. I'm trying to decide which one to do tonight. I'm like a kid in a candy store with my new workouts. Wait - did I really just type that? Maybe this lifestyle change thing IS working!

We got more snow today, and we are under a weather advisory (wind and blowing snow). I'm glad we got the outdoor nativity set up when we did. I am so thankful that I have my dvds to workout indoors. I really don't like the cold very much. And the older I get ... I always thought "snowbirds" were silly to leave beautiful northern Michigan for 5 -6 months of the year, but now that I am getting closer to retirement - who knows - I might end up doing the same - LOL
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #171  
Quit counting at 45!

Shymoment: I never took it to be harsh - just truthful. Deep down we all know that we have the time - I would just rather watch CSI!! Tonight I plan on doing one tape while my dinner is in the oven. That would be making much better use of my time.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #172  

Well, I did a 4 mile super challenge last night - whew! It was intense. I can't believe that I have worked up to 4 miles. I do enjoy walking with Leslie and the gang. I might try the walk & kick routine tonight. I've never, ever done kickboxing (never been to a gym or fitness center in fact).

We got more fresh snow this morning. It was beautiful. There was a gorgeous sunrise on my way to work. I took a detour and drove by the church to take a picture of the snow-covered roof and landscape with the sunrise in the background. I can't wait to use it the next Sunday that I am doing PowerPoint for the services.

Hope everyone is doing well, still keeping all of you in my prayers

Last edited by CountingDown; 11-28-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #173  
Rosebud

HELLO EVERYONE ~ Nice to have some sun the last couple of days; had a tiny bit of snow this afternoon; I also love the look of snow on the evergreen trees in our backyard. With the bird feeders there, it is nice to look at ... and I have my rocking chair by that window and do my daily bible studies, readings, and prayers there each day.

We hardly ever watch TV (personal choice); my TV is only set up for videos now. DH's TV is set up for shows, but he rarely watches them anymore. We used to watch very 'selectively' but, then they started putting all that yucky too-much-reality stuff on. It turns me off and honestly, some of it just made me sick (esp the really gross stuff).

Maybe it's different here than in the US, but you couldn't watch a show without info-mercials coming on with gross stuff in them. It wasn't a matter of us being able to just not tune in to the stuff; they bombarded us with gross images in between the good stuff, like sports and cooking shows. We just got fed up of it; haven't watched for more than two years ~ lol!

WILMA ~ walking around the indoor mock 'track' at work during lunch hour sounds like a really good idea; have you ever tried speed-walking? You are already in pretty good shape; you could probably do that with no problem. Now you know the programs, you could do something 'while' you watch your favorite shows, like riding your bike, aroebics, or marching around.

SHY ~ you know that you are a 'SUPERWOMAN' ... right? LOL! And, that's meant as a compliment; I might add! Are you slowing down yet? I think that was my mistake: we need to make this stuff part of our daily routine, so it becomes second-nature to us.

COUNTING ~ you are quite right; I have piles of time now that I don't watch TV, but even if I watch a video, I try to do something at the same time. I find 'SCHEDULING' my routines is helping me a lot; actually, I need to do that ... I set aside certain times on certain days for different activities as I prefer a variety (ie we do dancing on Wed and Sat nights).

I do chair aerobics daily; hand-weights bi-daily; dancing twice a week; walking 3-4+ times a week, broken up in short walks 2-3 times a day; my new exercise videos will be done in between or as often as I feel well enuff to do them; I try to do the ski-walking at least once a week; and we do mini mall-walking 1-2 times a week when we go into town.

WELL, that's all for now; I'm off to have my tea, then we are starting our in-house HOE-DOWN (dancing). Take good care everyone ~ your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ for you and yours continue ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-28-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #174  

Default Hi there!

Sorry I have been away so long- had an awesome Thanksgiving Kristie (Niece) home from college, then of course shopping on black fri.. got some awesome deals, Barbie volkswagon motorized car for Kaylee ect. Thanks for all the prayers for Jim, he is not progressing much yet, they are unsure if it is because he is exhausted from the traveling or becuase he has been a period of time without therapy. The good news is the family can run up and see him anytime as he is within 10 mins of the house so that part is awesome. They are making plans to bring him home for a few hours on Christmas.
Counting down- awesome job with kickboxing- you go girl!!!
Rosebud- so sorry tohear about Tom's diagnosis, prayers for healing and for family.
I will try to be around a little more, remember your always in my thoughts and prayers, pray you allhad an awesome Thanksgiving... Blessings!!!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #175  
Quit counting at 45!

I got home yesterday all pumped to do my exercising while dinner was cooking. It ended up that we had unexpected company for dinner and I thought it might be a bit rude to do it then. Will try again tonight!

Counting: I have the WATP Power series and one of them is the walk and kick one. I think if I change these up every day along with doing some strength exercises I will be well on my way.

Tonight I have to go to the mall so I think I might just do my walking there.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #176  

Wilma, I like to mix it up too. I try to alternate my evening workout with resistance bands, dance, and walking. I get to choose my workout style and video every night. It helps get me moving if I am not "in the mood" for exercise.

Sue, we will continue to keep Jim in our prayers. Patience is such a hard thing when health issues are involved.

Shy, I would be embarassed to show you my house. Cleaning is NOT my strength. Working full time, all the church and volunteer work that I do, if I get in a couple hours of cleaning on the weekend and the laundry done, I am doing good. I do try to spring clean once a year, but even that isn't thorough. I have a couple cupboards and a closet that haven't been cleaned for two years

Rosebud - I bought poles to try skiwalking. I have cross-country skis, but I haven't gotten out the last couple years. I'm hoping that getting the weight down will help motivate me to get them out this year. We are taking our poles with us to California for Christmas. I'm hoping I can learn to walk with them out there. With all the hills in Oakland, I'm thinking that they will help - LOL

I continue to keep everyone in my prayers!
Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #177  
Rosebud

HELLO EVERYONE ~ Well, we had another dumping of snow today. I've been babying my little SWEETIE as she fell and got a nasty goose bump on her lower belly. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it much, but sure hope it goes away.

SUE ~ will pray for JIM that his response to therapy will improve as he gets settled in more; glad his family is able to be with him now. We know that you are very busy too, glad you are well!

SHY ~ you are too funny You do sound like a 'SUPERWOMAN!' We love all the old classics too; those are our favorites. I try to get some for DH every Christmas, esp the comedies which he loves the best.

COUNTING ~ yes, the Europeans call it NORDIC WALKING; they use them in the summer and winter; here we call it SKI-WALKING in the winter. On the site I found it on, they say you use up about 95 calories for every 15 minutes, becuz it's a full-body cardio activity vs only 60 C's for regular walking. Once you are out there, you lose track of time, but watch it, cuz it feels really easy at first; and you might be sore later; be sure to slow down near the end to cool down.

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ Hope you all have a nice weekend; I think everyone is very busy with all the holiday planning and shopping. We are taking it slower this year. We are supposed to go shopping tomorrow and they are calling for more snow; so we'll see what it looks like in the morning. If the roads are clear and we feel good; we'll make a go of it.

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ for you and yours are continuing ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-29-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #178  

Default Hi there!

Wilma- prayers! you get your exercise in, I haven't been doing mine either, been leaving early for work, or doing double ect. always reason why I can't today, gotta get back to makeing it a priority.
Counting- Patience is one of my prodigal sons, I get impatient easily and need to remember God is in control, and all things work to His will. I have to agree w/ cleaning,Shy would need to pitch more than a couple things off the chair, we have been decorating and the house has boxes all over the livingrooms w/ decorations in them till we finish more like a cow path at present.
Shy- Thanks! we did have agreat time, I luv your down to earth humor, you make me chuckle...
Rosebud Thanks! I appreciate the prayers! I am doing well feel good need to get back to exercising as I am am on a plateau and can't find the path down, but things will chill soon and I'll find the trail markers...
Hi to everyone else, thanks for all the prayers for Jim, going home for weekend, which is always awesome, have a great weekend...
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #179  

Shy - LOL! I love bean shoots and tofu! And, I abhor eggnog. However, we can agree one thing - as calorie counters, we can eat what we please as long as we fit it in

I hope everyone has a blessed first Sunday in Advent. I love this time of year - preparation for Christ's birth is always fun and a spiritual growth time of the year for me.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

THE NIGHT JESUS CAME

It was the night Jesus came and all through the house, not a person was praying, not one in the house ....

The Bible was left on the shelf without care, for no one thought Jesus would come there ...

The children were dressing to crawl into bed, not once ever kneeling or bowing their head..

And Mom in the rocking chair with babe on her lap, was watching the Late Show as I took a nap .

When out of the east there rose such a clatter, I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter ....

Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and lifted the sash .

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but Angels proclaiming that Jesus was here .....

T he light of His face made me cover my head... was Jesus returning just like He'd said ....

And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself .....

In the Book of Life which he held in his hand, was written the name of every saved man ....

He spoke not a word as he searched for my name, when He said 'it's not here' My head hung in shame ....

The people whose names had been written with love, He gathered to take to his Father above ....

With those who were ready He rose without sound, while all of the others were left standing around .....

I fell to my knees but it was too late, I'd waited too long and thus sealed my fate ....

I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight, Oh, if only I'd known that this was the night ... ..

In the words of this poem the meaning is clear the coming of Jesus is now drawing near ....

There's only one life and when comes the last call, We'll find out that the Bible was true after all.

B - Basic I - Instruction B - Before L - Leaving E - Earth
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote