Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #1  
Transforming!

S/C/G: 205/205/135

Height: 5'7"

Smile Anyone doing Prism now?

Hi there,

I'm just starting Prism - or will be, as soon as the local group leader calls me back! I'm Melissa, 35 years old, in Oregon. Is anyone else here doing Prism currently? I completed the first two phases and got to my goal weight in 1998, but I never did Continuance - which, I'm convinced, is why I'm now facing the daunting task of losing 70 pounds. It would be great to find others doing Prism as well! (I simply had to put in the dancing carrot.)

Thanks for letting me introduce myself,

Melissa
PrismMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:26 AM   #2  
Child of Christ

S/C/G: 240/228/165

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Hi Melissa!
I heard about 3FC from a magazine where 3 other gals lost weight by being email pals. That led me to this website, and I was looking for other Christians. then I found you! I just registered and think this is so cool.
I almost fell over when I read your post. I did the same thing, and it was about the same time too! In 1998 i lost 82 lbs and sadly did NOT do Continuance either! what a shame..i gained mine back too.
And i am ten years older...and it's sure harder! aiiieee....But we know God can do anything!!
Write me back, Ok? I live in Oregon, too..in Eugene.
I just started back on the Program on my own a month ago. It's slow going with the holiday, but i have managed to lost 10 lbs. PTL! OK, I will wait to see if you want to write me! God Bless your day. Julie in Oregon
child of Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

I'm not doing Prism, but I wanted to say hello, and welcome to 3FC!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/251/150

Height: 5'4"

I started Prism in 2006 and I was faithful for 12 weeks. In that 12 weeks I lost 21 lbs. My husband went with me and couldn't help himself with gloating that he had lost 30 pounds in that same 12 weeks. I let it steal my joy. So I quit. I started then at 255 went to 234 and now I'm 265. I had been considering starting it again and it would be nice to have some buddies to talk with. I live outside Kansas City by 30 miles so if anyone would like to become weight loss buddies I could sure use a friend.
nuttymom66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #5  

I just started PRISM again also. I had another baby so have *about*
30 pounds to lose. I agree that it can be defeating to try to lose weight with a male. I am happy when my hubby is healthy, but that doesn't seem to be his focus anyway. And I have to work so much harder at it. I think that is something we women have to work on - not comparing ourselves to anyone but ourselves.
SlimAgain2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/243/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi!

I've heard a bit about Prism and wondered how easy it is to follow? Some of the things I've heard make it seem hard to live by. I feel like I would like to find a faith based support group as I attempt to get my weigh under control once and for all.

Thanks
Em
Emrldluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/247/150

Height: 5 3

What is prism?
snowangel200369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #8  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I googled 'the Prism Diet' and this is what I found; there were some other sites for it as well that you might want to search ...

"Prism Diet"

A Low Carbohydrate Diet ...

The Prism Diet is a faith-based low carbohydrate diet similar to the Atkins Diet. It's main objective is to eliminite sugar and drastically reduce carbohydrate intake. Low carbohydrate diets are generally effective in the short-term, but maintaining such a restrictive diet is difficult for most people.

The rest of this very long article (written by a dietician) explained why she felt the plan wasn't balanced, therefore she would not recommend it.

I have been on similar plans three times; I gained back all the weight and then some every time. Then my sugars got out of whack; now I have to do a more balanced plan for health reasons. Just my personal experience ...

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-25-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/243/140

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks Rosebud for you input. That sort of what I thought, I don't think I can stick with anything as restrictive as what I've heard about this diet. I think I'll stick with that I'm doing.

Thanks
Em
Emrldluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #10  
I love who I am becoming!

S/C/G: 207/198/145

Height: 5' 3"

Hi there,

I'm starting up Prism again this Monday! I'm very excited because it has been very successful for me and my sisters. We have a gluten intolerance or celiac disease and this is perfect for us.

What I like is that the first phase helps to get rid of our physical and emotional ties to certain types of foods. Then those foods are slowly brought back into our lives. Now mind you, I haven't been living the Prism lifestyle for 8 years! I was super successful losing weight steadily until I found out I was pregnant and they do not allow you to do Prism while pregnant.

Good luck, I would love to keep this thread going or start a new one for those of us doing Prism now!

Future Bikini Wearer,
T
Future Bikini Wearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #11  
I love who I am becoming!

S/C/G: 207/198/145

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Just wanted to post that I've been on plan for 5 days and have lost 5lbs. I'm very excited. Since I can weigh myself anytime I want during the first week, it's been keeping me motivated. I won't be able to weigh again until the first six weeks are up, but I can definitely see changes in my clothes already.

Now, to just make it past the Easter Baskets without feeling sorry for myself!
Future Bikini Wearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #12  

Height: 189/179/145

Default Prism anyone??

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if there is anyone on Prism out here is 3FC world?? I'm re-starting and am hoping for some supporters!!

Shelly
ShelBell66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 231/231/145

I'm getting ready to start Prism. I am ordering my materials next week. Where in Nebraska are you Shelly? I'm right out of Omaha about 30 minutes.
danaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #14  

Height: 189/179/145

Hi Dana,

Sorry it's taken me a little while to see your post. I'm in Grand Island, but have 2 daughters in Omaha so make it up there quite a bit. I started Prism for the first time 7 years ago. I've tried just about everything out there but Prism is the only program that works for me. Are you involved in a small support group?? I'm doing this on my own as there are no current groups available here in GI. Hope to hear from you soon!!

Shelly
ShelBell66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #15  

I am looking into the Prism Diet Program. Anyone out there currently doing the program? I am interested in what anyone has to say about it. Also if you have done the program was it successful, what did like, what didn't you like?
kcputtytat is offline   Reply With Quote