Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #31  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I haven't really seen anything funny until just this week. Both embarrassing in any event. A gal at Curves starts working the machine that works you glutes. She kicks her leg back and....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. There go those pants.

And today, I went to a local aerobics class for the first time. The gal beside me does this stretch at the end of the workout and...well...let's just say I'm glad the door was open.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:29 AM   #32  

Lol, funny thread!

I've been around gyms for a while and have seen many of the things posted. Actually, I think I've seen the Aussie cousin of the old guy with the headphones!

One of the funniest times though was when an old homeless lady came in and started clearing out the gym, telling all the members that she now owned the gym and it would be demolished within a few hours so everyone had to go!

Ray
Ray Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #33  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Whhhaaaattt!!!!!! ^^^^ Hahhaha

I used to laugh so hard at the football players in my gym class cause when they lift .. ( No offense to any men here but you all do it ) They make these cocky expressions and grins and when they bench they grunt and yell , all this going on when I used to just go in there for some hand weights and the stairmaster.
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #34  

Some of the funniest things you'll see in the gym will be done by the hard core bodybuilding guys that take themselves far too seriously!

Ray
Old 09-23-2006, 08:20 AM   #35  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

yeah Ive seen them growling at each other when they bench next to each other ha.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I'm by no means a gym veteran, but one of the first things I noticed:
'
1. Work out Barbie, complete with accessories and huge "mall bangs", she'd wear shirts that said "100 % perfection" or "Princess". She'd move so slowly and delicately as to not break a sweat. I never had the nerve to ask her what was the purpose of all that...should have.

2. Men in sweat pants or any kind of pants where it's obvious they have no underwear. A different kind of "Battle of the bulge".

3. Very obese women in very little clothing. I give them mad props for going and working out because it _can_ be very intimidating, but you can get just as good a work out with out clothes so tight that you can easily see cellulite through them.

4. Yeah....those he-men. There's a commercial for diapers where they show this cute little boy. There's a voice over of a "meat head", "Dude. I gotta work out...hit the gym..I'm so stoked', or something like that. I wonder when these guys watch tv if they realize they DO act like that. In the movie 50 First Dates, Drew Barrymore's brother is the personification of all that.

5. Women, generally "Work out Barbie" ( if mattell sells that in the future, whoever coined that phrase should make a profit) with fake nails three feet long trying to lift..or do anything...like button a shirt?

6. Me. Trying to act like I know what I"m doing as to not attract attention, using a machine totally wrong . I figured it was awkward because I just wasn't fit...never mind the whole mideval torture device appearance. Fortunately someone helped me on that one

7. When people are watching the tv, and using the head phones. You can tell what they are watching by when they laugh ( if it's funny ). When CNN or some such was on, a man next to me began giving no one in particular his editorial on Iraq/ Iran/ Bush/ Walmart/ kittens, whatever.

8. I worked at a dr's office and would see patients. They would want to talk to me, about thier glasses. I probably came across as rude when I said somthing brief, put my headphones back on, and went back to my work out.

I'm not there to look good. Not there to make friends. I'm there to work my *** off...
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #37  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

haha I arm wrestled my 215 lb brother and beat him today but my grunts and yells as I was wresting him was quite a sight
Old 09-23-2006, 10:18 PM   #38  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optical Goddess View Post
3. Very obese women in very little clothing. I give them mad props for going and working out because it _can_ be very intimidating, but you can get just as good a work out with out clothes so tight that you can easily see cellulite through them.
Maybe they're preparing for the eventual weightloss and don't wanna buy clothes twice?
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 156/140/120

Height: 5'2"

Default I had to join because of this

Oh maaaaaaaan!!!! I just peed.

THIS THREAD IS SO FUNNY. Sorry for the capitals. I am sending a few of these to pals.

I run regularly and was browsing for a place to put my hat. I just had to register and join here just so I could leave this comment.

You gals are my inspiration.
chrissym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:03 PM   #40  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Was in locker room - woman walks in, puts down her stuff, changes to gym wear, weighs herself on the doctor scale, goes into the bathroom, does her business, washes her hands, and walks out the door....all while talking CONTINUOUSLY on her cellphone.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #41  

These are great gym stories. Makes me sad I work out at home I have no funny stories accept at me.. Am glad I don't have to share sweat with others for that I am thankful.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #42  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissym View Post
Oh maaaaaaaan!!!! I just peed.

THIS THREAD IS SO FUNNY. Sorry for the capitals. I am sending a few of these to pals.

I run regularly and was browsing for a place to put my hat. I just had to register and join here just so I could leave this comment.

You gals are my inspiration.
Tell me you didn't really, you know...
Oh, and welcome aboard.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #43  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh I love this thread. Humor helps!! GREAT idea for starting it!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #44  

mandalinn82's post reminded me of another one. I was working in a gym once and I got a complaint about one of our female members stretching naked in the changes room (yes, even hamstring stretches and splits!). The complaints didn't stop their either, apparently she quite often ate fruit (peaches in this instance) whilst doing a number 2, and left the stone/seeds in the cubicle!

The funny thing about it was she was a local doctor!

Ray
Old 09-27-2006, 08:37 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

My old gym was rather nice. It consisted mostly of serious lifters or regular people. So I haven't experienced some of the horror stories I've heard from other people.

But the funniest or weirdest thing I've seen at the gym was a guy who was working out on the machines. He was swinging the weights around as fast as he could, it looked very silly to see him using his entire body for a specific machine.

Another weird thing I saw was a woman who sat down in the middle of the gym floor to do stretches. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but there were several places she could have done this that were out of the way. ****, there was a small room specifically for stretching. But she thought the middle of the room, where people were trying to walk, was a good place to lie down.

That was as bad as it got as far I as I could tell. I had some pet peeves with one or two people, though. This gym is rather small and many times I would be the first one in the weight room. So I would turn on the radio to station I enjoyed and start working out. But this petite blonde woman would come in moments later and change the station without even asking. I wouldn't have mind if she had asked, but everytime she changed it to some crappy easy listening station. How am I supposed to squat to that!?

Another guy also turned the radio off so he could talk on his cell phone. GRR!

So, I might miss access to certain equipment, but it's nice to work out at home and not be pestered by other people.
Hale_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote