Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

lipid -- instead of running in place inside go out in your driveway and do some lunges from one end of it to the other, squats are very good too, and like Mel said go heavy too... walking briskly is better than those rebounders IMHO... I also have the Oxygen Glutes magazine and I really like it. They have great variations on several exercises.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #17  
WW Moderator

I would just like to state for the record, that I've seen Ilene's gluteal side, which is proof that walking lunges can be a butt's best friend.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #18  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
I would just like to state for the record, that I've seen Ilene's gluteal side, which is proof that walking lunges can be a butt's best friend.
Silly girl!
Old 04-16-2006, 03:44 PM   #19  

Height: 5'8.5"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jennifer!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #20  
WW Moderator

I'm sure I'm not the only one in the gym that notices the fruits of our labor! Let's see a show of hands - who admires muscles? It's like men and cars. I see a muscle and think YEAH I want shoulders like that, etc.

But my balance stinks, so I don't do many walking lunges ( I think Ilene does them with a kickback, which is even harder for me), and totally forgot about them until this thread, so maybe I'll give them another shot and see if I do them better. We also just got a BOSU (actually I think we've had it but I just didn't see it) so maybe that will help with balance. I joke with people that it's because my boobs are big, but I just have lousy balance. And weak abs, because I hate ab work, soooo I can now, thanks to this thread, justfy that by doing my Pilates Core DVD that I'm avoiding, I can have a better butt. Darn!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #21  

Okay... what are walking lunges?

And it's not your imagination... my big boobs cause me to have a problem with balance too!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Misti -- Walking Lunges
Old 04-17-2006, 11:42 PM   #23  

Thanks Ilene... LOL unfortunately I could never do them!! I couldn't get back UP from that position, especially as I have one knee that doesn't move right. Oh well.... appreciate the explanation