Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #1  

Default gazelle anyone?

I just started with Tony Little's Gazelle Cross trainer Pro. Does anyone have one or have done the programs. I am all by myself and would love to talk to anyone about the system.
saskbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #2  

Smile

Hi Congrats on your weight loss and working out on the gazelle. I have heard alot of good things about it, but, I am working out on an elliptical machine.
Best Wishes.
fost40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #3  
210 / 193 / 140

I have a Gazelle, one of the older models without as many bells and whistles as the new ones, but I really love it. It's easy on the knees, and lots of fun to use. For me, it works best when I use it alternate days, with a different type of workout in between. How about you? Are you using it every day, or do you prefere a variety of workouts?
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #4  

I have been using every other day and thinking of adding something on the in-between days,cardio maybe or a more higher impact cardio for bone density.Does it make your feet hurt?
Old 01-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #5  
210 / 193 / 140

The only time the Gazelle has ever bothered my feet was when I had a pre-existing condition, like a heel spur. The Gazelle itself has never caused any pain or damage to my feet, or to any other joint. That's one reason I like it so much. Of course, I always wear good walking or aerobics shoes whenever I use it, because even on a Gazelle your foot needs proper support. Just curious why you asked, though. Are you having foot problems with your Gazelle?
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #6  

When i first started my feet were killing me. Almost numb and tingly (not a good description) I bought new shoes (tony little shoes actually, great deal on the shopping channel!) They still hurt, but not as much. i had noticed prior to buying the gazelle, that when I went for long walks my feet did the same thing, i think i might talk to my doctor or get a referral to a podiatrist. I don't have any pain of discomfort any other time. Weird huh?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:46 AM   #7  

I have a gazelle and that i what i have been using 5 days a week for 30 min sometimes i do the whole 45 but not everytime. I have lost quit a few inches and 8 lbs in 2 weeks not bad. And I love watching the video when i do it he does keep you motivated.
cheryl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #8  

he seems rather calm in the video I have. i do enjoy his pep talks without all the screaming. How do your feet feel?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #9  

I got a gazelle, not the tony little one but still it is made by fitness quest. I got the supra pro, with the pumps on it. It is very good and fun. I like this thing a lot. I can't play the video that came with it though cause it's a vhs and who the heck has a vhs player anymore. I don't.
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #10  

Actually mine is vhs too, but we still have the antique.lol you can buy the dvd's at the fittnessquest site or tony little site if you want him
Old 02-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #11  

Exclamation I don't sweat!!

I do my Gazelle for an hour and I never sweat!! When I first started doing it regularly I would sweat everyday, but now it's my second week and I've stopped sweating!! I still feel the burn in my legs and I've even turned the heater on to make it hot in room!! I stay at 2.5 mph and every minute I increase as much as I can, and then back to 2.5 and then increase....like an interval workout.
Please let me know what I can do to get a sweaty workout!!
fitdiva24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 AM   #12  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default I Can't Wait to Get my New Gazelle!!

Hello!

I ordered a Gazelle Power Plus yesterday and can't wait to get it!! We're turning our spare room into the Gazelle Room. It comes with the training DVD, saskbabe....so I will love comparing notes with you once I get started. I would like to buy one or more of the additional DVD's that came with your Crosstrainer, so maybe you'll be able to tell me which ones you like the best

Cheryl...your post was one of the reasons I decided on the Gazelle.

Here's a pic of me on my new Gazelle.....see what happened to me just thinking about being on it??!!

fitdiva...I don't know what to tell you about getting a sweaty workout....I don't sweat that quickly either...so will look forward to hearing what you find out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gazelle2.jpg (28.9 KB, 33 views)
flsunbakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #13  

I bought a Gazelle a month or so ago. I loved it the few times I used it, but we were in the process of moving and so I just now got it set up again in a place I can use it easily.

I do enjoy it, but I haven't used it enough to know if it works for weight loss for me or not.

I worked out on it in socks once, and that bothered my feet, obviously, but with shoes, my feet feel fine.

I'm anxious to incorporate the Gazelle into my routine more, now. I plan to use it every other day, plus maybe the stability ball and some outdoor walking (with the dog ) and on in between days, go to the gym for some weight training and additional cardio.
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #14  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default Gazelle Power Pro & Crosstrainer DVD

Got my Gazelle....been using it faithfully for a couple of weeks now. Can REALLY see the difference!

Also bought the Tony Little Gazelle Crosstraining DVD
(from www.tonylittle.com). It comes with the Crosstraining Gazelle sold on HSN, but it can be used with any Gazelle model. Tony is sooooo inspirational in a nice quiet-kind of way....and you get a SUPER work-out with it! I was trying to Gazelle by myself while waiting for the DVD and it just wasn't the same. Once I got the DVD I really started getting into the program. Now I can last thru half of the advanced part...then after a cool-down I sit on my ball and do weights through the rest of his program, using his music & motivation.

I'd recommend the Gazelle to ANYONE.....especially since I've been an exercise-flunkie for life. This is the very first time I've been able to stick with a work-out and enjoy it at the same time.
flsunbakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #15  

Cool 1st Yourself Fitness..then the Gazelle

Well, I've discovered that if I workout with the Yourself Fitness CD for 15 minutes, then hop on the Gazelle for 20 minutes I sweat!! I just borrowed the Bun & Thigh roller from a friend today and I'm going to start using that too. I have a friend who went from a size 18 to a 12 in one month using that thing!! Hope it rubs off on me!!
fitdiva24 is offline   Reply With Quote