Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-03-2005, 12:20 AM   #1  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Default December Walkers -- Walking Away The Pounds!

Hello all! Where has the time gone? It's December 2nd and before we know it Christmas will be knocking at our door!

Whether you are walking inside or outside, on the treadmill, sidewalk, or WATPs.. just whatever! Log it here and keep up with your awesome work!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #2  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I can't believe it's December already! My oldest turned 12 on the first (how is that possible?)! Now it's the countdown to Christmas.....how will I ever get everything done?!

This morning we woke to discover our furnace blower motor had died. The house is a rousing 58 degrees ! Fortunately, we live in a small town. When DH called at 8am, the guy said he'd be here in 20 minutes and HE WAS!!! Hopefully, it will be an easy fix.

Anyway.....My December walking goal is 15 miles. I haven't reached a walking goal since August, but I think my mind-set is better. I'm just not going to stress about it with everything else going on! I'm hoping for a mile a day, but the last 3 days have shown me that I may have to do 2 miles one day to make up for another.

Good luck to everyone on their walking goals!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #3  

12/03/05
gotta go find my ticker.
im in.
goal: 10k a day=5 miles x 30 days=150 miles-20 miles (4 sundays) =130 miles for the month of December. NOPE that's toooo much for me.

lets try this:
5k a day = 75 miles a month- 20 miles (4 sundays) = 55 miles for the month of December. that still sounds high but do-able.

okay-goal for me: 5k steps a day = 55 miles for the month.

oh yeah, im down two days already (10k) so new goal 45 miles/December.
let's see what happens.
cyjolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:42 PM   #4  

Well I didn't meet last month's goal of 50 so this month I dropped it to 30 although I really want to do more than that. But I've already done 6.2 for the month so I think I'm doing well.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Is it okay if I jump in?

I'd like my goal to be 50 miles for December
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:21 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Default I'm in!

My goal will be 50 miles for December.

I've got 6.5 so far. Let's do it ladies!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #7  
250/ticker/160

went 3 this morning, I'll add my miles up later

WTG everybody!!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #8  

im still looking for my ticker.
it's still Sunday, so i have a matter of hours to go til i find it.

still looking.
Im good for the 50 though.
will tap tommorrow
Old 12-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #9  

I would love to join you all ....I will commit to 50 miles for the month.....I've been using a treadmill for a year , so I am use to working out , the push is mostly for me , duh right.....Nice to find a group...

Machelle
okie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #10  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele L
I can't believe it's December already! My oldest turned 12 on the first (how is that possible?)! Now it's the countdown to Christmas.....how will I ever get everything done?!

This morning we woke to discover our furnace blower motor had died. The house is a rousing 58 degrees ! Fortunately, we live in a small town. When DH called at 8am, the guy said he'd be here in 20 minutes and HE WAS!!! Hopefully, it will be an easy fix.

Anyway.....My December walking goal is 15 miles. I haven't reached a walking goal since August, but I think my mind-set is better. I'm just not going to stress about it with everything else going on! I'm hoping for a mile a day, but the last 3 days have shown me that I may have to do 2 miles one day to make up for another.

Good luck to everyone on their walking goals!

Michele
I know how it goes for the heater! We didn't have a working one for two years (until last winter) and it was always soooo cold I don't know how I didn't freeze sometimes *shrugs*

I still have much Christmas shopping to do and I feel like I don't have enough time!

I haven't walked much this week but I am slowly losing by how I am eating better... ugh it's just too cold to walk outside and there is so much junk behind our treadmill that I can't move!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #11  

I beat my November goal by 10 miles, but I haven't even started on December. Haven't walked for a week due to obligations every night after work and then a weekend trip to a rainy place. But I'm setting my goal at 40.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #12  

Well I'm up to 9.2 already this month but I still have 2 more miles to complete in order to meet my daily goal so by the end of the day I'll be at 11.2.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 PM   #13  
250/ticker/160

12 miles for me so far. It's getting SO COLD outside!! I'm saving up for a gazelle so not sure how that equals out walking wise. Guess when it starts snowing it's back on the treadmill for me
Old 12-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #14  

12/05/05
Old 12-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Hi ladies. I walked 3 miles on Sunday, then 5.25 yesterday--that's 14.75 to date, 35.25 to go

Welcome okie74 I gave my treadmill away this year , it was only being used to hang clothes on

I wish I could send you ladies some sunshine It's still hitting the 80's and when it's humid, it's downright hot walking outside. Still, I'm not complaining...

I have a weigh-in at WW this morning. I hope all this walking will have paid off! Have a great day.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote