Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #91  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I had a great run on the treadmill this morning. I wasn't intending to run very far as I was out drinking last night for a friend's birthday, so I set off fairly fast intending to do a fast 5k or so. And then I got to 5k and had bags of energy so just kept going, and ended up doing my second fastest ever 10k at 61.5 minutes.

I'm definitely back up for improving my 10k time in time for the next run in November, not least because a load of people from work are signing up for it, and I want to beat them!
Old 09-21-2005, 01:24 PM   #92  
Jennifer

Hi, all! I have started running fairly recently and love it. I've worked up to running for about 35 minutes straight at about a 5 mi/hour pace (slow, I know, but would rather run longer at a slower pace!). Anyway, to-date I've only run on a treadmill, but when I ran on Monday, I did something to my hip, and it really hurts! I remember that my friend who runs marathons said the treadmill always hurts her hips. Is this common? It's hurt steadily for a couple of days now, and I'm getting worried. I've tried to stay off it so far (just doing lifting at the gym instead of cardio). Any advice?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #93  
Running Babe

Jen: Welcome and great loss BTW!! I am not a fast runner either, and there are many advantages to keeping your pace down. As for hurting if you just started it's common, what are your shoes like? They can make a huge difference.

Anyway tonight is glorious speed work... gotta love speedwork (not!) but apparently they promised it would make me faster!

Cheers!

Ali
Old 09-21-2005, 07:08 PM   #94  
Ilene the Bean

Well, if it isn't the cute little teapotdynamo Welcome to Cool Runners ..

I still go quite slow Jen, I actually like it, what's the rush anyways, I always say, no one's running after me ...

I had a good run today did 9k...
Old 09-22-2005, 06:05 AM   #95  

Jennifer,

Sorry to hear about your hip. As said before, this could be due to your shoes, or, it could be that you have bursitis caused by too much - too soon. I believe runners world did an article on the top 5 of common running injuries. maybe you can check out their website.

I hope it heals with some rest, if not I would go to my doctor.

succes,
Rabbit

Also started on the treadmill with about 5 mi/hour, and now running outside for some weeks !
Old 09-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #96  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Hello guys,

Instead of running outside early morning hours and worrying him according to DH's request I am now going to a gym I tried out Bally's in the area and I'm not to satisfied with the treadmills though I do love the weights. Anyways I decided to just go to the normal fitness center---The hotel next to my jobs fitness room. I have come to realize how much I HATE HATE HATE treadmills. I honestly felt like a gerbal running on an exercise wheel, I mean once I was done with my run this morning I left the hotel and as soon as I hit fresh air and some cool breeze I instantly missed the feeling. Maybe if I had a running partner my Dh would feel a little better because I really need to be out on the pavement. Too bad no one in my area or that I know runs. I have to come up with something though and quick fast and in a hurry. I think I need to do some research on fitness centers as well because although I like bally's the only reason I'd go there is to lift weights and I just don't see paying that much money JUST to lift weights. Call me cheap LOL
Old 09-22-2005, 09:22 AM   #97  
Ilene the Bean

MrsD -- running partner = DH ... no? If he's so worried, then he can join you, I'm sure he could use the exercise too...

Tonight I am running with the running group. I discovered last night that one of the girls I swim with is in that group and she was more than enthusiastic about my joining them...
Old 09-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #98  

MrsD_ There are a couple of running groups in Cincinnati through either The Running Spot (in O'Bryonville) or Fleet Feet (in Kenwood). The folks at Fleet Feet are particularly friendly.

Snuggy
Old 09-23-2005, 10:03 AM   #99  

Anyone around here runs with a stroller? a double one at that?

It kills my back and shoulders but I still do it here and there.
As I have resolved to lose the stubborn 13lbs I need to lose to be at goal, I have made a goal for myself to get out there r on the treadmill 4 days/week.
I usually run 4 miles and it takes me about 45 minutes.

I am hoping to start posting more often for motivation from you guys.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:00 AM   #100  
Ilene the Bean

ellasmom2 -- Is your stroller specially made for joggers? I would think they are ergonomically correct for runners/joggers... But I really don't know. WELCOME to 3FC and Cool Runners

Last night I ran with the girls in the running group. It was fun... It's a big enough group and being that this town is smallish, everyone on the streets knew them and would toot their horns and wave. The time flew by, we did 5k...
Old 09-24-2005, 04:36 AM   #101  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I had a lovely run outside this morning, it's one of those cold but really bright autumn mornings, clear blue sky, a bit of frost on the ground, and steam rising off the lake where it was warmer than the air around it.

Usually I run down to the lake in a nearby park (about 2.5k), round the lake (about 2.5k) and then do a mixture of walking and running to get home (the long way round - to take it up to about 8.5k). Today I did the run down to the lake and round the lake and decided to do another loop of the lake as I was feeling really good. I carried on running to the point where I normally break into a walk which took me to about 9k, then I walked far less than I usually do, started running again well before 10k and carried on running right to the door for a total of 11.2k. It took about 70 minutes in total, and was by far my longest and best outside run to date. All before 9am on a Saturday too
Old 09-24-2005, 05:19 AM   #102  

Hi,

Today I did 30 min stationary bike, then 30 min run through the village. I am taking it easy for fear of getting injuries. i start to feel some points so I'll take it easy for a while.

JP1 - all this before 10 am

have a great weekend,
rabbit
Old 09-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

2.4 kms in 26 minutes. I'm not sure if that's running. I'm pretty sure it's not cool. But Ilene ,it was an increase in intensity.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:24 PM   #104  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
2.4 kms in 26 minutes. I'm not sure if that's running. I'm pretty sure it's not cool. But Ilene ,it was an increase in intensity.
AH HA!! So you've been reading! Good for you on the run and intensity!!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:15 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I always read and once in a while something actually sinks in.
Closed Thread