Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 07:14 AM   #76  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The full details are on my blog
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree 100% with bringing in your old shoes for them to see. My husband walks/runs and his ankles lean inward a LOT towards each other-so he has to have firm shoes that keep that from happening.
All of his regular shoes in the closet are "leaning in" towards one another, wheras mine are more neutral. I, on the other hand, require more cushioning for my ankles and knees to help absorb the impact.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Does anyone wear the Nike Shox? I am checking out a couple pairs on ebay (the 2:54 style-with 6 shox) and I have tried some on but have never run in them. If people have any opinions let me know before I spend a big chunk of change.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

My powerwalking shoes are Nike Shox, and my husbands running shoes are Shox. So far so good!
Old 09-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #80  
Ilene the Bean

Liz -- do you know what kind of foot you have? Is it neutral, does it over-pronate or under-pronate, do you have a flat foot or an arch? You need the right kind of shoe to go with the right kind of foot ... I would never buy on line if I had never worn or tried them before, unless you can return them easily, of course...
Old 09-18-2005, 09:59 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I have no clue about my foot...I usually just go to a store and find some that feel pretty good. I guess it's pretty neutral but I'm in an area that is somewhat limited in the retail department so no running-specific outlets.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:29 AM   #82  

Hi runners,

Liz - I agree with Ilene, it is important to get a clue on what kind of foot you have. If no knowledgable shop assistant is available, maybe you could check out online. I believe runners world has once published info on feet, pronation and shoe types. IMO it is not worth risking injuries from your shoes.

Today ran again for 1 hour outside.

rabbit
Old 09-19-2005, 08:39 AM   #83  
Ilene the Bean

Hey rabbit, you are getting pretty good at running ''outside'', good for you... Next thing you know you'll hate running inside, that's how I am now...

I'm not sure if I'm running today, I haven't decided yet since I am working legs and I usually don't run on those day... But I do feel like I have energy to burn, ok, so now I've convinced myself that I should just get off this 'puter and get my butt in gear

TTFN... Running to the gym and back!!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #84  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Phew, I finally made it to the gym after far too long being out of town, being sick, and making excuses. Two miles today in about 23:30, yay! This is the first time I've managed at least a 12 min/mile pace for that far. I was surprised, a few months ago running a mile in 12 minutes was exhausting, now it feels pretty easy (though I still haven't broken the 10 min/mile barrier).

It is beautiful outside lately, I think I am going to try to start running outside more. The only problem is I usually go to the gym or run outside with my bf (now fiance!), and he hurt his knee, so no running for him. Maybe I will go on the days he doesn't work out.

YP1, congrats on your 10k!!! I read the whole thing on your blog, and I'm really impressed! Great job!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM   #85  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

hey guys I had a great run this weekend it was awesome! I took the kids and a girlfriend of mines to the loop that I run on saturdays and since she is trying to get into shape I had her walk the 1 mile loop while I took the extended journey then we met up and she rested while I ran another mile loop and when I got back to her we walked the last mile loop. The kids stayed on the 1 mile track with her and the last walk around my daughter actually ran the whole mile I was soooooo proud of her because last month during the kids race when I did my first 5K my daughter ran the kids 1/2 mile run and vowed to never ever run again cause it was too hard, And here she is running a complete mile all by herself!! I thought that was soooooo cool! She's in cheerleading and they make those girls run so she's now used to running. And ofcourse my son was right out there running with her. I was so happy for my babies and we all had a good time.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:33 PM   #86  
Ilene the Bean

YP1 -- Great description on your blog from your 10k... Congrats so proud of you!! I would love to see pics, not because I don't believe you but because I love to look at pictures of champions!! Those are great before and after pics on your blog too...
Old 09-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #87  
Made my Goal weight!

Default Hey Ladies!

Well today I did a LOOONG run (for me) of 12 km...and it felt GREAT...I felt great running and after running...it is only now I can feel that my muscles are pretty sore.....I guess I need to rest and get some sleep...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Good running everyone!

Leanne
Old 09-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #88  
Ilene the Bean

Leanne the avatar!! You're looking good girl...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #89  
Made my Goal weight!

thank you
Old 09-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #90  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

ITA w/ Ilene I love the avator as well.

Went to gym on lunch and ran about 25 minutes then did some weight lifting.
Closed Thread