Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 11:55 AM   #1  

Angry 30 day challenge

I am starting a 30 day challenge.I am going to try to stay in a good calorie range1500-2000.I am going to drink lots of water.I am going to try to exercise at least 5 times a week.
walking,biking,rollerblading,yoga what ever I feel like doing that day
Does anyone want to join me?
Old 06-11-2001, 02:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Michaela,

I responded to your walking message but I like this one better .... I am up for your challenge....

I am in the middle of reading the book The Business Plan For Your Body.... just common sense stuff really..... Calories in - Calories Out = Weight.... knowing your BMR, etc.... no gimmicks, no promises of miracles......so what you have said is right up my alley....

My Goal is to eat around 1200-1600 Calories a day, To write in my food and exercise journal everyday, Workout with weights every other day, walk my dogs 1 1/2 miles a day, drink between 80-100 ounces of water a day, and to love and accept myself as I am....

I want this to be a life change.....

So I hope we can keep this up... I know we can keep this up.... Thank you for having this Challenge!!!!!
Old 06-11-2001, 03:32 PM   #3  

Default day 1

Angel
I think if we do this together we can do it.
About the only thing that I have tried that has worked is counting calories.
I have been on this forum since nov.2000 and I have lost weight then gained it back by just dieting a couple of times.Now that I am exercising too that will help me alot I think.
I weighed myself today and I am down 4lbs.
I think that you are right this needs to be a lifestyle now just a diet.
So far today so good.
Good luck

Last edited by Michaela; 06-11-2001 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:04 PM   #4  

Today I have already walked my dogs (1/2 Miles in 35 minutes).... did 10 minutes of a curcuit video.... tonight I go to dance for 2 hours (jazz and ballet)... so I think my exercise will be good....

As for food, not sure on the calories yet but have been eating pretty good... will let you know the totals later.....

I noticed that Angel517 replied on the walking board... I wonder if she would be interested in joining us over here...

Talk to you soon....
Old 06-11-2001, 06:42 PM   #5  

Angel
I found a site that keeps track of exercising.You can make graphs for the whole month or the whole year.It is rreally neat.You can also make goals for the month and it will tell you how many miles you have left before you meet your goal.It also has biking and aerobics.It keeps track of how many calories you have burned for the month.
www.justwalk.com
Old 06-12-2001, 11:19 AM   #6  

Default day 2

I woke up this morning feeling really good.I stopped drinking pop before I go to bed and I have been sleeping better.
Well we made it through day 1.I am going to buy a walkman today so that I have something to listen to while I am walking.
Old 06-12-2001, 02:02 PM   #7  

Hi There,

I think I am going to pass on the challenge. Not because I am not going to try to stay on plan but because I have a cheat day each week for at least one meal and that will put me over one day a week.
I checked out the justwalk site and it looks great. Thanks for mentioning it.
Have a great day.

Marie
Old 06-12-2001, 07:35 PM   #8  

Hey There.....

Well I made it through Day One... my calories went over a little bit... it is the night time thing that gets me everytime... UGH!!!!

I did Dance for over 2 hours last night though and was exhausted and I drank over 7 glasses of water just during dancing not to mention about what I drank during the day....

As for today... so far I havent really exercised a whole lot... it is pouring down rain so I just walk the puppies down the street and back... they are wound up big time from not being able to go out so i have been playing with them inside... I may try to do a video tonight... didnt do it this morning....

I have done ok on food today.... going to work on tonight...

Talk to you soon...
Old 06-13-2001, 10:28 AM   #9  

Default day 3

We are doing great.I made it through yesterday.I wouldn't worry alot about going over what you wanted to on the calories because you probably burned it off dancing.
How often do you weigh.once a week,once a month or just when ever
Keep up the good work.
I did aerobics this morning.

Last edited by Michaela; 06-13-2001 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-13-2001, 07:30 PM   #10  

Hey There!!! Today I havent walked yet but will in a little bit with the dogs.... did dance today for about an hour.... rehearsing...

Anyway, gotta go for now... in a rush!!! Talk to you soon...
Old 06-14-2001, 10:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/210/155

Height: 5'8"

Michaela - found it! Looks great! What do you folks use for a calorie guide? Do you track carbs, prot, fat as well?

Hmmm, goal.
Walk one of the dogs 5 days/week. (min. 1 mile each time)
Aerobics 3X/week
Weight training 2x/week at college.

Have a great day! Will check out the website. Thanks!
Jessica
Old 06-14-2001, 12:31 PM   #12  

Default day 4

Hi
Jessica-I just count calories I try to stay in between 1500-2000.
Angel-how are you doing today?
So far today I have only had a granola bar.It is raining outside again today so I probably won't get to go for my walk.I will walk plenty at work though.I work in a store and it is a block from one side of the building to the other so I am sure that I put on a couple of miles a night so all is not lost.
I hope you girls have a great day.
Old 06-15-2001, 08:39 AM   #13  

Hey all.... Just a quick note for I am off to work....

We are in the middle of our dance recitals so we have been rehearsing all week.... show is tonight... which means that hopefully next week will calm down....

As for exercise... been dancing a whole lot and the walked around the auditorium last night... also did the curcuit video of the Power 90 program... I blew the food last night... went to o charlies and had the loaded potato soup... but i only had half a roll so that has to be something... although by the time we got out of rehearsals it was 9:30.... so it was late when we ate....

Oh well....
Old 06-15-2001, 06:41 PM   #14  

Default day 5

Two more days and we I went a week.I didn't get in as much exercising as I had wanted to today.I had my nephew and he is sick.
I hope you are having a great day.
Old 06-16-2001, 01:26 PM   #15  

Default day 6

I think that I am going start exercising after I get off work at night.That is when I eat the most maybe if I replace the food with exercise it will make a difference.
How are you doing today?
Closed Thread