Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 11:52 AM   #16  

Default day 7

OK it has been a week.I didn't do to bad.I plan on really srating to exercise tomorrow.
How are you guys doing?
Old 06-18-2001, 11:01 AM   #17  

Default day 8

I have already walked a mile this morning.So far today I haven't eaten yet.I might go far a bike ride later.
Have a great day.
Old 06-18-2001, 02:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone....

Sorry I haven't written in a few days.... been so busy....

I had my dance recitals on Friday and I think I did OK.... I think the hardest thing for me was getting up there on stage at the weight that I am.... it took so much courage and so for that I am proud of myself.... I also did 2 cartwheels and 2 handsprings along with well over 10 splits so that is something to be proud of... not bad for a 33 year old out of shape overwieght gal.... also the amount of people that came up to me afterward was great inspiration.... I had one woman that was very overweight that I actually ran into on saturday.... she came up to me in a resturant that I went to with my mom for lunch and asked if that was me onstage the night before.... she started talking to me about what an inspiration I was to her... I couldnt believe it.... she said that she had been so incredibly embarrassed about her weight and that she would never have taken a dance class or any kind of class because of her weight and the fear of being laughed at.... she said that when all of us "girls" were up on stage that everyone around her was talking about me and how great it was and everything... to make a long story short she went that morning and signed up for 3 dance classes that she had always wanted to take.... that I inspired her really made me feel great... it was so hard for me to get up there... I was waiting for everyone to laugh at the hippo in the tutu (no i didnt really wear a tutu) and they didnt see that at all.... you know you always think that they are looking at you for your weight but they really arent.....

Anyway, as for more exercise... I was sore on Saturday (go figure), I drove my mom up to the mountains and we walked around in the woods for awhile at a casual pace but I think it was good and then sunday we went shopping in all these antique store.... I did get on the scales this am and had lost weight down to 190#.....so I think I have done pretty good....

I havent been as dilegent as I would like but at least I am thinking about it.... I have to fly to dallas wed.... boyfriends mother was just diagnosed with colon cancer... we will be back on sunday... so I dont think I will be on a regimented program until next week.... this week I will just get in what I can... and be happy about it.... I think the big thing is the little things....

I hope everyone else is doing good.... talk to you soon....
Old 06-18-2001, 04:20 PM   #19  

Hi
I would do anything to be at 190 again.Great job!
I wouldn't worry so much about not exercising.I think that you did plenty with the dancing,shopping and walking.It isn't so much that we are exercising it is that we are moving.
It sounds like you did a great job on your dance recital.
WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS.
Old 06-19-2001, 11:44 AM   #20  

Default day 9

I walked another mile this morning.
My eating was kinda bad last night but it could of been worse.
miles walked this week-2.26
Old 06-20-2001, 01:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default Day 2 for me

I am only on day 2, but I would love to join in. My body sure could use 30 days of good behavior.

I am really excited tonight because I get to see my knee doc tomorrow and find out if I can start riding my bike, using the elliptical machine and maybe stairmaster (I doubt it, but I am going to ask), going to yoga class -- all sorts of things that I haven't been allowed to do since February.

I started back here again on Monday this week. I had 1076 calories yesterday and 1598 today. Yesterday I rode the stationary bike and walked on a treadmill. Today I walked 2 miles, rode a stationary bike and did sit ups and step downs (an exercise for my knee).

I am really glad to see a familiar face here Michaela. I remember your from Joanies Christmas Lites or Valentinies group.
Old 06-20-2001, 01:06 AM   #22  

Default day 10

Morrigan I am glad to hear that your knee is finally getting better.My friend just had surgery on hers.She was in alot of pain.
I wore my pedometer to work and it said that I went 4 miles.So that is 6 miles just for today.
Miles walked this week-7.26

Last edited by Michaela; 06-20-2001 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:02 AM   #23  

Default Day 3

I had 1368 calories. I walked for 45 minutes. I went to PT. I did crunches. And I drank lots of water. I am very pumped up about have sustained time of good behavior.
Old 06-21-2001, 09:59 AM   #24  

Default day 11

This week has went really good for me.I hope that I can keep this up.
I sure hope that I can get to 200 pretty soon.
How is everyone doing?
Old 06-22-2001, 10:13 AM   #25  

Default day 12

I have walked 14 miles this week.My body feels like it is canging shape a little haven't weighed myself though.
Is everyone having a good day.
Old 06-22-2001, 06:22 PM   #26  

Default Day one again

I totally blew day four. I had 1700 calories by dinner time and then went out and drank wine and ate bar nuts. Those things should be outlawed they are so high in fat.

I did get to golf yesterday. I started over on day one again today. I have had 1500 calories so far (it is 3:30) and I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill.
Old 06-23-2001, 12:15 AM   #27  

Morrigan
Don't give up!
Just think at least it was protien that you where eating.
Hope tomorrow is better.
Old 06-23-2001, 11:47 AM   #28  

Default Still on Day 1

I am not giving up, but I am getting pretty frustrated with myself. I need a good shot of self control. I had a long talk with my husband about what I hard time I have been having food wise lately and he is really great about everything. I think part of the reason I did so poorly the last few days is that he was out of town for a week. I am one who tends to over eat in crowds or alone, but not when I am on a routine. I am on day one again, but I want this to be the last day one for awhile.
Old 06-23-2001, 02:20 PM   #29  

Default day13

Don't worry you will pull yourself out of this.You have can to far.
My goal for today is to stay away from pop.I had wat too much yesterday even if it was diet.
How are you doing today.
I hope today is going better for you and if it isn't hang in there.
Old 06-23-2001, 11:07 PM   #30  

I had a good day: I worked in the yard all day, had 1789 calories, and made dinner with stuff from my garden. Thank you for the encouragement Michaela. It is really helping me to come here and get support. Sometimes I wish on those weeks that I didn't come here there was a phone list for slackers. Joanie could call me up and say, "get your butt back to that computer chair instead of your nose in the fridge."
Closed Thread