Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 11:11 PM   #16  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hey! I think I've got it...... Have a good evening all!

Last edited by JudyK; 06-07-2001 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-08-2001, 12:32 AM   #17  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Unhappy Procrastination

Well, ladies, as you see here, I am practicing the fine art of procrastination. I think I'm pretty good at it. This is going to be a looooong next few hours.

I have a presentation and a paper due in the morning. How terrible! Oh well..I asked for it. I hope I can swing a B.

I hope all of you feel better about your programs and find the inspiration and motivation to start up again! Talk to you all soon!

Girlie
Old 06-08-2001, 01:15 PM   #18  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Good Luck to you~Girlie~....hope your paper and presentation goes well. I just got in a 7.7 mile walk....it was great, but I am really thirsty now! Will take in lots of water, but what perfect weather to walk! Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work.

Last edited by JudyK; 06-08-2001 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:53 AM   #19  
Bacon Girlie

Hey, Ladies!

Boy...I got about 45 minutes of rest last night...I couldn't eve call it sleep! I went to bed at 5.30am and got right back up an hour later! Oh well, my fault for procrastinating!

I'm gonna get out and go for a walk in the morning...get myself some sun! Judy, How in the world do you walk so much? Is that in just one walk or all day like how Debbie does it? I found a little 3 mile route in my neighborhood and it takes me an hour if I jog the last 1/2 mile...

Anyway, I'm planning on going for my walk in the morning, but if not I won't be too hard on myself because I have to make up for last night's no sleep! Talk to you all soon! Do SOMETHING today!
Old 06-09-2001, 09:41 PM   #20  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

~Girlie~Yes, my walk is all at one time. I can walk a 15 min. mile or a little quicker. I had to build up to it, starting with 2 miles. Now it seems pretty easy for me. I did 5.0 today because I was a little limited on time. It took me 1 hr. 12 min. That's pretty good for an old woman!(62) After you lose more weight it will become easier for you. I am so proud because I am more fit than anyone in my family! I have lost 60 pounds and I started at 217.4. I am wanting to lose another 10 or 15 so the walking should help! Hang in there, you are doing great! Hope you catch up on your rest!

Last edited by JudyK; 06-09-2001 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:02 PM   #21  

Hi Ladies... can I join your thread?

I joined a gym a couple weeks ago, and the one thing that motivates me to go is that the type of plan I'm on, I had to choose what days I would go, I chose, M-W-F-Sun; so if I don't go those days, I can't go "tomorrow"... so far its working....except for today, I felt a little flat as I was on the treadmill and bike, but I figured it was still better than not being there....

How is everyone else doing? womaninlove did you get to the gym ?

Kat
Old 06-10-2001, 04:59 PM   #22  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Welcome Kat Glad to have you join our thread. It usually is kind of quiet on the weekends. Everyone gets pretty busy. Everyone here seems very motivated and we like to give each other support and sometimes a kick in the butt when we get lazy and don't exercise just kidding! This thread has been a lot of help to me staying motivated. I have been on WW for 3 years and Lifetime for 1 year. Although I have not reached my personal goal yet, I think I will get there this year with the help of the other ladies on this thread! Good Luck to you on your gym days. I have not got started back since returning to Indiana for the summer season. I have had a lot of catching up to do, so I hope to get there soon. Check in often.
Old 06-12-2001, 09:32 PM   #23  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hey, where is everyone???? I am lonely out here!
Old 06-13-2001, 09:16 AM   #24  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Thumbs down Hi ya!!!

Well I am so sorry! I am still here and reading posts sporadically. I have been a very busy girl. We have been going camping on the weekends and this week my husbands Grand Parents are visiting from St. Louis and to top things off my husband is in his last week at his current job and will start his new position (commuting to and from Denver) on the 25th. Also, we are both on vacation next week.

So, I was not able to weigh in yesterday (my usual day). I will try to get to another meeting later this week. The Grand Parents are leaving tomorrow morning.

One other thing I have to confess..............have not been to the gym for two weeks. Not that I haven't been busy, just haven't had that structured exercise that I need.

Oh and TOM decided to show up a week early.....so I am as crabby as all get out.

I will try to check in with you guys later today.'

Have a great OP day!!!
Old 06-15-2001, 11:56 PM   #25  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

HEY! Has everyone flown the coop? This thread is too quiet! I was not able to get to my WW meeting this week and it has been soooo hot that I haven't been walking. We had rain this afternoon and a cool down so I am hoping to hit the streets again tomorrow. Hope everyone comes back soon!
Old 06-16-2001, 09:48 AM   #26  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

I'm here but getting ready to go on vacation. We are leaving tomorrow. I agree, where is everyone? Vacation?

Everyone have a great week.
Old 06-16-2001, 10:12 AM   #27  

Hi Judy... I'm here... its another weekend already, I read most every day from work, but don't have time to respond (or feel guilty that I shouldn't from work)...

I went to the gym yesterday and had my last of the appointments I had with a personal trainer (that had been included in my gym membership)... I'm either very resistant to all this free style type of exercise at the gym so overall I wasn't impressed with this gal... there's all these machines in the gym and she showed me three of them ... so I'm a little disappointed, I thought you joined a gym to use equipment you couldn't buy or have room for at home...

I am thinking I might get brave and try one of the water aerobics classes... I met a gal that and she said it was quite a work out! so I might try it...
Old 06-16-2001, 10:44 AM   #28  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Glad to see you are still with us Kat. I do water aerobics when I am in Florida in winter. I really like them and they are quite a workout. I try to alternate between gym, walking & water aerobics when I am there. I do much better with my exercise program there than when I am in Indiana for summer. Getting ready for my walk this morning. It has cooled down here so it should be easier. I have a hard time when it gets to the 90's. You would think I would be used to it since I live in Florida part of the year, but there is always a breeze there which helps! Have a great weekend. Hope everyone else finds their way here soon.
Old 06-16-2001, 08:44 PM   #29  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Wow! Got in a 6.6 mile walk and it felt so good. Now I have to get on the ball and make that an every day thing and brave the heat! I am not going to pamper myself anymore. I promise. I think I am going to send the police after ~Girlie~ . She has been missing way too long! Have a good one all.
Old 06-17-2001, 05:52 PM   #30  
Bacon Girlie

Oh no Judy!!!! Don't get the police after me! I'm here! I feel so horrible! I think this is the longest I've been away from the boards!!! Over a week I'm sure it's been. I'm SO sorry. I hope it doesn't happen again...bad, bad me!

So, I'm still here. My eating throughout the week has been good, but my exercise limited. I walked 3 miles 3 times this week. Judy, I think I'm gonna have to go back to my old routine of the gym and using the elliptical machine because I'm just not seeing results..well, I lost half a pound this week, but I think my old routine will be better. Plus, it's been SO hot to get out and walk when I have the time to. but yeah, the first time I went out for my walk it took an hour to walk the 3 miles. Now I've been doing it in 45 minutes...I guess you just have the time to walk for two hours...not to mention the motivation. Do you have a long course set in your neighborhood? I like it because I don't have to drive anywhere to work out, and I have home to look forward to when I'm done.

So yes, I'm going to start the elliptical again. Now that I'm out of class, I can go right after work each day, before the 5pm rush. Oh, I'm so embarassed that I have been gone for so long!

Judy I am so proud of you being here while everyone has been gone!!!! Anne, you too!

And Kat I'm so sorry I wasn't here to welcome you myself! But hey...belated welcome to the thread from me. I think it's just natural that people sort of stray away during the summer, but that's okay. Please join us and I hope to get to know you better.

I tell you though, I've been eating well all week, no in-between meal snacks, but the weekend has been horrible so far. I found a new WW meeting to go to, this time in the evenings after work, so I have to do VERY well all day Thursdays! What accountability! Otherwise, I can go at 7am on Saturdays, but I like my other leader better.

Hope you all have had a great weekend!!!! Talk to you soon!!!
Closed Thread