Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 01:57 AM   #1  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Wink

We're all doing wonderfully now!..um..except today.

Today was my first day since starting that I went off on points..way off..I went to a wedding/reception with my BF...guess what? All home cooking, with TONS of food! Gosh, I just decided to let myself get a little bit of what looks good...Fortunately they had turkey and veggies, but there was this brocolli salad that I couldn't stay away from..oh bother...

But, today was Race for the Cure...I walked the 5k course...there were SO many women this year that there was no point where everyone started to scatter so my friend and I could speed up. The streets were packed with over 30,000 women for the whole race! So, it took us a little over an hour just to walk it!

So, today was a bad day. Oh well. I will be exercising and staying OP for the rest of the week. If my next weigh-in is bad, I know what to blame then!

Argh..I'm tired...talk to you all soon!

Girlie
PS- to all of the mothers...I hope you had a great day!
Old 05-13-2001, 09:54 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default My hinny is dragging!

Okay, my body feels like I ran a marathon this weekend. Putting in a garden is a killer. My arms, back, legs and feet are killing me. :lol I also got sun this weekend even with putting on sunscreen. Good thing I wore a hat!

Its going on 8 pm and we still have not had dinner. So I guess I better get my butt in gear.

See you guys tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2001, 11:20 PM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

Default Anne

Isn't it great when you get in exercise doing things you enjoy?

I did that Race for the Cure, ya know, and I'm not used to so much walking...you know how you use different muscles doing different exercises...so on the elliptical I'm sure I use different ones that are already conditioned. Well, after that 5k walk yesterday, I was very tight this morning and my shins were sore. Walking is such great exercise. I just tend to get too bored with it and would rather do a session on an elliptical and get done. It was fun yesterday though because my friend came along with me and we just chatted the race away!

Ha!

Talk to you soon!

Girlie

Ps - Very bad weekend for me, but I did eat whatever I ate in moderation. I may not even have gone over my points, I just didn't even know how to gauge what I ate..I went to an Indian restaurant for lunch and am having a WW dinner right now. It's gonna be a long night...gonna go cram for my final tomorrow!
Old 05-14-2001, 09:57 AM   #4  

Good Morning Everyone...

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day

Girlie don't worry about how you ate this weekend. You probably did just fine. Today is a new day & just get yourself back on track. Don't look back because you can't change the past. Start each new day with a clean slate & work from there. It sounds like you had fun at the Race for the Cure Good luck on your final today....

Anne I can imagine how beat up you must feel after the gardening but I'm sure you got a great workout out of it. Glad you are feeling better after that nasty bug you had....

I have skipped my tapes the last 2 days. With all the walking I did Saturday (11miles) and then yesterday I tacked on another 5 miles, I figured I'd take a break. Today I'll get back in it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

See ya!
Old 05-14-2001, 04:58 PM   #5  
On my way!!

Default Hi there!

Hi girls!

Glad to see our thread is still alive and kickin'!!

I went to the gym today. I still don't feel 100%, but I'm getting there. Had a nice Mother's Day weekend with my mom & future MIL.

Girlie: Way to go on the 5K! That is so awesome! I'm sure you will continue to do well to stay OP this week. Keep your chin up!

Deb: You are doing so well, you certainly deserve a break! Good job!

Anne: Thanks for all the info. Sounds like you've been workin' that bod hard these days! Way to go!

Everybody else...hope you had wonderful weekends and are feeling great!

womaninlove
Old 05-14-2001, 05:28 PM   #6  

Default hello!

Hi Everyone! Well, I haven't been getting my tapes in for the last couple days. I have been outside all weekend doing yardwork and spent the day today painting up a desk and rearranging my living room. I will get back to my tapes soon hopefully I have just felt so exhausted with everything else to be done.

I hope everyone is having a super day. Take care
Old 05-14-2001, 09:26 PM   #7  
Bacon Girlie

Default The Hill

I guess this is my big hill. I mean, today I've been OP, but for some reason I feel sluggish! I'm sure a bout with that elliptical will change that!

I've been thinking about doing more power walking with my routine. What do you think, all you walkers? I'm kind of cynical of walking, but I know you can get a good workout and I'm sure it will do great things with my legs. I think I'll keep incorporating it as a warm up to the elliptical machine. It's really great when I warm up with some walking and jogging..by the time I get to the elliptical, I've already broken a sweat and do quite well.

My final was okay...I'm just glad it's all over...until Monday, that is!

Talk to you all soon!!!

Girlie

Ouch...cramps are coming on...aw man....it's "time"...
Old 05-15-2001, 06:54 PM   #8  
Bacon Girlie

Default Ouch

My tummy is still hurting! A tad bit of good news..I can now button a pair of khakis that I haven't worn....I don't think more than once this year...The waist is a bit tight as I am finding out...it's okay standing but when sitting it's not good, and this is provoking my cramps in a major way!

Hopefully, in a couple of weeks I'll be able to wear them without a long shirt! The butt and legs fit well. Usually it's the butt that gets me, not the waist!

Gotta get back into my Calvins!!! Ha..

Hope you all are doing well!

Girlie
Old 05-15-2001, 09:04 PM   #9  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Girlie sorry about your tummy.

Well tonight was weigh in, lost .8. I'm kinda disappointed but I started TOM today and it should be expected. But why is that I feel skinnier this week and such a small loss? That ever happen to you guys? If I weren't so tired I would take my measurements to see what is going on.

Speaking of pants. I got rid of two pairs of jeans this weekend. They were so baggy I could pull them off without unbuttoning or unzipping!! Hubby was having a great time. So since they had holes in them they went out with the trash. That is a great feeling.

See everyone later. I have to feed the cats. All of this meowing is driving me crazy.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:20 PM   #10  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi everyone
Today was my WW meeting but I didn't go today. I had several projects that I was trying to get done, so I skipped. I don't have to weigh every week, but I try to never miss meetings, but this is just one of those cases that I just had to do some other things. I went to my Mother's today and cleaned out her closet. She is 87 and has lost a lot of weight (just because she doesn't eat like she used to!) and we needed to get rid of some of the clothes she can't wear to make room for some new ones I got her. I was hoping that I didn't have to wait until I am 87 to get skinny... Good for you Girlie and Anne for getting into some clothes you hadn't been able to wear....and throwing out the old ones! I know that feels so good I have got where I do not want to wear anything that is too big for me anymore! ~Girlie~ The walking is really toning and slimming my legs. I think it has helped me immensly! My legs are much thinner than they were. I have always carried a lot of weight in my legs. It feels nice for them to be slimmer.
Old 05-16-2001, 01:51 PM   #11  
On my way!!

Default Drum roll...

Hi! Guess what!

I tried my first exercise class today! It was a TKO class with karate kicks and punches, ab work (KILLER!), cardio, stretching, etc. I am so proud of myself for giving it a try! It was kind of tough because I didn't know any of the moves or techniques, but I was able to follow along and hold my own throughout the class. The instructor went to the same karate school that my sweetie went to, so he will be able to help me practice correct form at home. WooHoo! What a workout!

Judy: Enjoy those great gams you've earned!

Girlie: Hope your belly is feeling better!

Anne: I bet it felt great to throw out those pants! Great job! Doesn't it feel great knowing you'll never need that size again?!

Hope everyone else is having a great over-the-hump day!

womaninlove
Old 05-16-2001, 02:42 PM   #12  
Bacon Girlie

Default Better!

I feel SO much better today. You know, by process of elimination, I think my cramps were caused by these sugar-free candies that I was having! I had them yesterday and the day before, but not today and I feel fine...I know it may not be that...shoot..those candies were good too!

I don't want to risk it again! It sucked! The candies are Lifesavers Sugar - Free Delites. It does say on the package that it may cause constipation if you eat too many, but I never ate more than 3 each day. Hmmm...

Anne! Wow, how great of you! I can't wait until the pants I wore yesterday get baggier! That must be such a great feeling!

Judy - yes, I'm going to start to do more walking...Actually, this morning I woke up at 5am and instead of going back to bed, I went for a walk over to my brother's apartment. My bike is there, so I walked there and then rode my bike back. I feel pretty good now.

Womaninlove: Wow..neat! Good for you. Are you going to keep going?

Well, tomorrow is another weigh-in, but I don't think I did very well this week! I just hope I don't gain!
Old 05-17-2001, 06:49 PM   #13  
Bacon Girlie

Default Aye Aye Aye

Where are all of you ladies? Out exercising, right? Ha!

I'm sure you're all doing very well. I'm okay...inching myself closer to 199lbs. I decided to start eating 3-4 smaller meals a day instead of snacking so much in between meals. I still snack with my pts in mind, but i'm wondering if this will help. Normally, I have only 2 full meals a day because I usually skip breakfast or just have something tiny.

I'm looking forward to cooking dinner tonite..fish fillets, corn on the cob and asparagus! Mmmmmmmmm

Talk to you all soon!
Old 05-17-2001, 07:03 PM   #14  
On my way!!

Default Ouch!

I am so sore today! That class was really something! I am definately going back. I'm gonna practice this weekend. Didn't go today to the gym (we went out for breakfast instead ) Tomorrow it's back to the routine!

Girlie: Too bad about the candies. Imagine being allergic to Nutrasweet like me--hardly any tasty diet foods...especially diet sodas. I miss that sometimes.

Hope everyone else is movin' & groovin'!

Happy Friday... It's coming soon!!

Womaninlove
Old 05-17-2001, 08:11 PM   #15  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all...was able to get in my 5 mile walk yesterday evening, but not today.....rain all day and I went to get my hair & nails done today Any excuse will do Sounds like you gals are doing great! Hope you all get good results this week. Sometimes you just have to experiment with the food to figure out what works best for you! Don't you just hate these people that eat all they want and never gain weight Hang in there everyone
Closed Thread