Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2001, 01:25 PM   #1  
On my way!!

Talking

Let's keep movin', ladies!!!

Have a great, active weekend!!

womaninlove
Old 04-21-2001, 07:35 PM   #2  

Hey There!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm just popping in quick to say hello. I've been doing good. Yesterday I ended up walking 6.36 miles & just over 20,000 steps. I was cleaning & washing clothes from about 10a until about 8 or 9pm. My house is clean & all the clothes are clean & put away. Now I have my entire weekend free to relax. WOOHOOO! Today I am on a roll too. I have almost 11,000 steps & close to 3.5 miles. Emmy I did get my 3mile power walk tape today. It looks good. I'll probably do that tomorrow. I thought I would be able to do it with free weights but I don't think my wrist would be able to take it for 45min (have carpal tunnel that comes & goes). I went ahead and ordered the 1 lb weighted gloves today. I'll just do the tape with the arm movements until I get the gloves. Womaninlove I saw What Lies Beneath & Mr. T and the women..I liked both Girlie hope you are having a good time with your friend....Anne hope you are recuperating from that nasty virus...Diana, Lisa hope you two are doing well.

I'll try to check in later...my MIL should be here soon...

Take care!!
Old 04-22-2001, 03:57 AM   #3  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Philly Stuff

Heya...just a quick note...

I did exercise this morning..they don't have any good exercise equipment. The treadmills were ancient but taken, so all there was left was this weird little ancient stairstepper Precor thingie...I'm not much of a stairstepper person...it's not an easy thing...I did about 25 minutes on it and then used the dumbells. I'll probably try the treadmill tomorrow. Or maybe a bike.

You know, I'm not eating as much here as I thought. I had a banana for b-fast, a piece of some cake, and indian food for dinner. It was SO good...then I got some FF frozen yogurt for dessert! Mmmmm....not all good things, but not as much as I'd thought! I told myself thought that I'd have something nice and greasy before I leave, like a cheesesteak or a slice of Philly pizza or maybe both!

Hope you all are doing well!!!

Girlie
Old 04-22-2001, 11:11 PM   #4  
On my way!!

Default Bummed

Hello all...

I am feeling bummed today. I weighed myself and I gained 1 lb. I ate rather poorly over the weekend and didn't journal my points carefully. I am back to the gym Monday morning though. I miss my sweetie, but he's coming home tommorow around 7:00pm. So please wish me luck that I'll get back on track tommorrow! I need some encouragement...

Deb: Hope you have a wonderful visit with your MIL. I spent the day with my future one and we had a great time shopping, gabbing, etc. Aren't we lucky to have good relationships with them??

Girlie: Check your email...Congrats on your exercising on the Flintstone's stairstepper! I'm so proud of you!

Emmy, Denise, Anne, and all of our other "cardio queens": Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend! Please check in when you can!

womaninlove
Old 04-23-2001, 11:34 PM   #5  

Default hello

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy as usual. I managed to walk on Sunday at the Riverwalk here and 1.5 miles today. I took Friday and Sat off.

Woman...dont beat yourself up over one lb and dont let yourself gain ten like i did and lose all motivation( which I am trying to regain).

Hope everyone has an awesome week...it is going to be very busy for me but I will be lurking and post when I can....

KEEP ON WALKING EVERYONE ~~WE CAN DO IT !!!
Old 04-24-2001, 09:06 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!

I haven't been online too much lately but I wanted to check in with you all. Hope you are all having a great week. I am doing good. Yesterday I walked soooooo much. I ended up with 6.36 miles & 20,962 steps. I did the 1st 2 miles of my 3mile power walk tape & had to stop. I wanted to do my tape because I hadn't done it since thursday. I didn't think & did it shortly after eating. I felt sooo ill afterwards. UGH! I was curled up in bed feeling like I was going to die. I won't be doing that again. I will do my tape today but I'll wait a few hours before I exercise after eating.

Womaninlove-- don't knock yourself for the 1 lb gain. Was it your normal weigh in day? Sometimes if I weigh myself in between weigh in days, my weight fluctuates by as much as 2 lbs. It could be that you had too much sodium. I'm sure next week you will lose it. Just stick with it, do your exercise & make sure you write everything down & you will be fine. what I do is I plan all my meals a week at a time. I usually make a list of foods I want for dinners & then fill the journals in from there. This way, when I get up in the morning there is no guessing. I just look at my journal & eat whatever I had planned to eat. Hang in there...you are doing great

Well, gotta run get dressed. I'll talk to you all later.
Have a great day!!
Old 04-24-2001, 10:25 AM   #7  

Default Good morning!

Hello everyone! I just finished exercising. I have been doing well with journaling and exercise.

Womaninlove I understand totally about the scale!! I did the same thing you did and I am also up 1 lb but I am thinking I have been getting too much sodium so I will keep exercising and eating within my points and see what happens. We will succeed!

Deb- What do you think of the 3 mile power walk tape? I like working my upper body as with just outside walking I do not get that.

Everyone else I hope you are having a great tuesday. Take care
Old 04-24-2001, 10:47 AM   #8  
On my way!!

Default Thanks everybody!!

Hi! Thank you EMMY,DEB, NAKKED!...I'm feeling better.

Sunday is my normal weigh in day (which is probably dumb, becuase I tend to eat more on weekends!) but, I HAD to weigh myself yesterday morning and I was back down to 180! Yippee! I don't know what happened, maybe it was too much sodium or something, but I'm glad it's back off!

I went to the gym Monday morning and worked really hard and felt absolutely wonderful when I was done. I did 3700 reps on the elliptical in 23 min! I'm not really sure how many I should be getting in, but my heartrate was where it should be and I was a puddle of sweat when I was done! I'm due for an update to my routine (can't believe it!!) which I'm scheduled for next Monday.

My sweetheart returned last night I was soooo happy to see him! He's made lots of positive comments to me re: exercising, etc. and tells me I look (and feel!) great! That is fantastic motivation to keep going! I'm so proud of him too. He is working so hard at exercising and eating better too. Do any of you have significant others who are going through this too?

DEB: I admire you for being so organized with your planning! I really should plan better, but I'm too lazy!

I heard from Girlie and it sounds like she's doing great and having fun in Philly! I'm sure she'll post soon (HINT! HINT! GIRLIE!!

You girls are wonderful. You really help keep me motivated and make me want to keep going to get and stay healthy. Thank you!!! I know we are all going to succeed!

Womaninlove
Old 04-24-2001, 01:11 PM   #9  

Emmy-- Yesterday was the first day I did the tape. I like it. I didn't do it with weights because I just ordered the gloves on saturday. I have carpal tunnel & I was scared holding the free weights would aggravate it. I figure the gloves will be better. I do like the fact that it works my arms too. I did follow all the arm movements. I look forward to getting the gloves.

Womaninlove-- I'm sure it was sodium that caused the weight gain. I know you must be happy to have your honey home My DH is doing WW with me. He has lost some weight. He hasn't been following it as well as he should be he eats whatever I make.....

Hope everyone else is having a great day. I'm going to get little one ready so we can out for a walk.

TTYL...
Old 04-24-2001, 01:53 PM   #10  

Default Good Afternoon!

Hi All!!!

Womaninlove- Unfortunately, My husband has never had a weight problem and does not follow weight watchers with me but he is still very supportive and knows how hard I work at this. He has always loved me fat or thin but this is something I am doing for me. I know how motivating it is though when my husband compliments me. It is nice to hear and lets me know Hey, this is working!!

Deb- The weighted gloves will be much easier for you. Take it easy though I hear carpal tunnel can be painful.

Girlie- Did you ever have that philly cheesesteak? I love cheesesteak.

Everyone else I hope you are doing well and staying on track. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-24-2001, 11:43 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone!!!

Let me tell you all I have been walking tons lately. The past 4 days I have walked an average of 5.5miles a day!! I can't believe I've walked so much. woohooo!! Today I went for a walk with my MIL & my daughter. It was such a beautiful day out. It's supposed to be like that all week. I may go out for a walk again tomorrow. I'm hoping this week I see a good loss after all this walking. I have been doing really good with my points as well. I have been trying to mix up my points everyday. Hope it helps

Emmy-- My carpal tunnel comes & goes. At least the effects of it. I haven't had problems in a while and last week I was sweeping the rugs (my vac broke) and I was in pain. It's fine now but I would rather avoid that happening again. I figure the gloves will keep my wrist steady. How do you like the gloves????

Hope you all have a good night. Girlie Girl, post when you can...miss ya!!

Talk to you all later....
Old 04-25-2001, 03:41 PM   #12  

Default Hi!!

Hello everyone! I exercised and I am staying within my points. Still doing well. I really think this walking,& weight watchers plan is the only plan that will work for me long term. I have "dieted" enough to know diets do not work and that only these lifestyle changes will!

Deb- I really like the weighted gloves. At first you think well I don't think these are going to make much difference but they do! My shoulders were sore from doing the workout with them. I like the fact that I don't have to worry about dropping any weights on my feet too!! I tend to be somewhat uncoordinated.

Everybody else I hope you are doing well!! Take care!
Old 04-25-2001, 08:36 PM   #13  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Hi!

I don't want you guys to think I feel off the face of the earth. I'm still not feeling that great. Still haven't been feeling up to going to the gym. (I tore a muscle in my chest from coughing) Glad you guys are doing great! Everyone keep up the good work.

On a downside I gained .6 this week. I guess I should of expected it.

Everyone stay well!
Old 04-25-2001, 10:21 PM   #14  
On my way!!

Hi guys!

I didn't make it to the gym today because my car was in the shop and I had no way to get there. But, I guess it's good that I actually MISS the gym! I really wish I could've made it! I remember when I never even thought I'd join a gym, nevermind feel bad about missing one day!

DEB: You are FABULOUS! Great job on your walking and eating! You continue to be an inspiration!

EMMY: I agree with the WW/exercise combo for long term health. Glad to hear you are doing so well!

ANNE: Good to hear from you! Sorry to hear you're still not yourself though. Take it easy and let your body rest! You'll be back in no time!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!(haven't heard from Denise in a while...I'm thinking about you! Check in when you can!

Have a nice night everyone!!

womaninlove
Old 04-25-2001, 11:51 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!!

Emmy I'm with you when it comes to doing WW & exercising. I have tried diet pills but that is a short term solution. I wanted to do something that I coud follow for the rest of my life without worrying about the side effects. Keep up the great work

womaninlove-- you are doing so great! It's ok to skip a day or two. I am the same way when I miss a day. I feel guilty but sometimes I just need a break

Anne-- I hope you get to feeling better soon. Let your body recuperate completely. You'll be back in the gym before you know it....

Denise is doing fine. She has been busy but still exercising

Hope everyone is doing well... Wish me luck with my weigh in tomorrow...

Talk to you later
Closed Thread