Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-07-2004, 07:27 PM   #61  
New and shy

Angry

I did make my 3x this week and I've done pretty good on my eating, but I noticed that I've been more hungry since starting working out and I assume that's because I'm burning more calories. I'm going to start going in monday-thursday because I work those days and I noticed that I had more energy at work this week on the days I worked out first. I switched which one I'm going to because I found out there is one just a few blocks from my house and the other was nearly 10 miles away. The close one was hidden so I didn't know it was there until my friend told me. Anyway, I'll keep y'all updated!

Cezanne
Nyssareen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #62  
KAR

Well my day did get better. It improved after I had a shower. I think as I was washing, I washed away all my bad feelings. My step-daughter and I went to Subway for lunch. I got their new Chicken Bacon Ranch wrap. It is very good. Have you tried it yet? I think it fills me up more than a regular 6 inch sub. I am starting to see a pattern developing between the two of us. This is the second Saturday we have went when the DH and I have the kids for the weekend. So I think it will be a good thing to do with her. She is a little overweight for being only almost 8 years old. She is about 45 to 50 pounds overweight. It is a big issue of concern with my DH and I. We are trying to encourage healthy eating and excerise for her. But when she goes with her mom, all the bad habits come back. I just don't know what to do. Help does anyone have any suggestions. Her mom is very heavy and has a lot of health problems due to her weight. It concerns me that step-DD could be headed down that same path.
Cezanne, I have noticed that I am also getting more hungery at times when I have worked out at home and at Curves in the same day. I try real hard to either drink more water or eat a health snack. Like yogurt, carrots, oranges, apples, or yogurt raisins. There have been some nights when I have went to bed hungry. But I know I need to fight the tempations.
Keep up the good work! Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:55 AM   #63  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Hi all!

Just had to come by and post my exercise progress today:

Did 4.75 miles on my elliptical in 30 minutes and took time to stretch afterwards... I will go to Curves tomorrow morning.

Hi KAR73, So glad to hear that you had a better day. I have had one of those wraps from Subway and they are really good! And I think you are on a great path with your SD... Maybe if you got that Dr. Phil book with the 7 steps you could read it with her. Then maybe it will stay with her while she is at her mother's. But I would think it would be so very hard for a child who really just wants to be loved. I wish you well KAR... I don't have children, but have seen all kinds of situations around me. Thinking of you.

Hi CEZANNE, Yeahhhhhh for getting in your 3x last week. Keep up the great job!!!

Hi AIMEEJANE, Hope all went well with you last week!

Go to your Curves this week ladies
"Happy Curving"

Almost time for lunch, so I am off to go make up a salad with tuna.
Later...
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #64  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I went into my local Curves tonight. I had a wonderful workout. It really helped after the stressful afternoon at I had at work. The kids would not listen and follow simple directions. I think a lot of it has to do with not being able to play outside and burn off all that extra energy. So knowing that I was going to Curves helped me make it through the last hour.
Sunny thanks for the suggestions about my SD. It is very hard for a child to be split between two familes and I wonder if at times she finds comfort and love in food. If that is why she eats so much.
Congrats on your 4.75 miles Sunny. Keep up the good work! How is the water drinking coming along? I found a really cool 64 oz. water mug at Wal-Mart. It is insulated and keeps your water cold all day long. It is a great way to get all your water in for the day. That is something to think about.
I hope everyone has a great week of working out. Remember you've got to move it to lose it!
Old 02-10-2004, 05:27 AM   #65  

Angry Morning Curvee's

Thanks KAR, I will go check out the Wal-Mart for that mug! I am still not getting in the water I should be especially since I am working out everyday.

And I really do think that your SD is finding comfort in the food... I know that's how I gained the weight. My parents didn't split up, but I was a Marine-brat and we moved allot! So I became filled with anxiety each time I had to go to a new school - it was terrible. I didn't really put allot of weight on till after I was married and had the car accident (I was preg. for our first baby & lost her & all chances of ever having more - 1976) - it was then, from the stress of it all, that I really gained finding comfort in food. It made me sleepy, so I could forget all the pain. I took it all off in the 1980's and kept it off for quite a few years; then something happened again (a trigger) and I fell back into that comfort of eating to feel better & gained 50 of the 80 I had lost back. It's weird how the mind works... But now I think I am getting a handle on it all again and am feeling so much better - it is so important to talk to yourself and treat yourself as if you are your best friend! I think your SD is depending on food to comfort her and to fit in with her friends... she wants to eat what they do, but maybe they are more active then she or they burn it faster then she. So they burn it off & she stores it. Whatever the situations - she needs to know that someone supports her and loves her where she's at. I wish you well with the situation - I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you both. Just stay close to her and love her, the rest will follow... you have my thoughts and prayers.

So good to hear that you got in your workout yesterday too. I will be going to Curves this morning... I usually get there about 8:15. It's been pretty busy there these days. Good to see.

Have a good day today, KAR - I will look for that mug at Wal-Mart, Thanks!

Hope everyone else does well today... please stop back in and let us know how it is all going for you - even if you are having a crummy day, it's okay. Come vent - that's what this place is for.

God Bless you all!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:43 AM   #66  

Angry Curves today?

Good Morning Curver's

Has anyone done their Curves today? I just got home from my morning workout and wanted to check in. I went 3x around - most only go 2 1/2x around (?) I just go 3x... I get a better workout I think and get 'all' the machines 3x. We have 11 and Sue (the owner) said soon she'll be able to order the 12th machine... cool!

It's not easy some days, but you can do it! I just get up in the morning and look forward to marking my exercise on the calendar - won' t even entertain the thought of not getting in my workout. It's pretty neat to see on the calendar all 5 days marked off

I hope to hear from someone, anyone, real soon!
Hang in there ladies.

Below are some pictures of my 3 boys
Zeppe & Guido (are almost 2 yrs old & are brothers) & 2 pics of just Guido & one of just Zeppe & then there's the old man - Domino he's 8 years old... love my kitties
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zeppe & Guido.JPG (45.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Guido (1).JPG (44.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Guido (2).JPG (31.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Zeppe (1).JPG (42.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Domino (1).JPG (41.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #67  
KAR

Hi Sunny and everyone else,
I got my workout in at home today. On Tuesdays I have my TOPS meeting in the evening. So it is really hard to go from school, run into Curves and then go to my meeting. I tried that a couple of times and it made for a stressful evening.
I did lose another 1/2 pound last week. This is the 7th week in a row that I have lost weight. So I am happy about that. Because last year after I joined TOPS I would bounce back and forth with my weight loss and gain.
I did figure out a sort of schedule with my one friend when we would go workout. It will be three or four nights a week. Two of those nights are on my long days at work . I think this will be a good reward for putting in such long hours. It is a nice way to destress after a long day.
Sunny I think I will try that with the book. I also thought if I started to talk about how great I feel and how I have so much more engery since I started to workout and eat healthier that might help my SD too.
Well I better go and get my stuff ready for school tomorrow. Have a great Wednesday!
Old 02-11-2004, 10:52 PM   #68  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I went into Curves tonight. After a stressful day at work, it felt good to get moving and break into a good sweat. I sure needed to unwind and destress after meeting with my boss today. I have to keep telling myself not to take every thing to heart as much and put myself first. If I don't my mental and physical health will be rock bottom. Plus I will resort back to my old eating habits. I don't want to do any of that. I have worked too hard to get were I am today to pack on the weight again and become non active. Well I better go and get some sleep. It has been a really long day. I hope everyone got out to Curves or did some kind of exercise at home!
Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #69  
New and shy

Arrow

Well, I went to Curves Monday and Tuesday because I had two appointments wedneday morning and couldn't do it then, and I'm going tomorrow. I have been meaning to ask the trainers as Curves, but keep forgetting, so I will ask y'all...what do you do on the days off? As it is, I just don't do anything on my off days so does anyone have any recommendations?? I can't do a lot that requires that I stand up because my back has severe problems (Can't do the squat machine at Curves either for the same reason, chiropractor scolded me for even trying it I've heard of some sort of "Sit and be Fit" tapes, but I don't know where to find them or what level they'd be at. Anyone know of any tapes that give a decent work out but don't require you to stand up all the time? Help!

Sunny and Kar, Great job on doing your workouts, you guys are an inspiration to me. Whenever I don't want to get out of bed and get dressed three hours before I have to be to work so I can go to Curves and still have time to shower and all, I just remember that y'all will be asking if I've done it and then I remember how good it makes me feel, so I get up and get to it! Keep up the good work and WONDERFUL support! Thanks so much
Old 02-14-2004, 08:58 AM   #70  
KAR

Monrning Curvers,
Happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone is well. I am looking forward to relaxing over the weekend. I had a really long week at work. Thank God for Curves. On the really stressful days I went to Curves before coming home. It really helped me work off some of my frustrations.
Cezanne, on my days off from Curves I either ride my excerise bike, do excerises on an excerise ball or do a Leslie Sansone Walking Video. I got my excerise ball at Wal-mart. They included a chart of excerises to do and they are great! It takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to them. I hope this helps you some.
Well I need to go and get ready to go to Curves and workout. See ya on later. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:23 AM   #71  

Angry "Happy Valentine's Day!"

Good Morning Curver's!!

Just making a very brief stop to wish you all a very

"Happy Valentine's Day!"

May you all have a day just overflowing with Love...

Love for God ~
Love for your Family ~
Love for your Friends ~
Love for your Neighbors ~
Love, Love, Love

God Bless you ~ALL~!!!

Old 02-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #72  

Angry

Hi CEZANNE,
I workout on my elliptical when I am not at Curves (so I get in 5 days of exercise)... this week wasn't so good for me - I was still having Birthday celebrations all through the week! It has been fun, but I am looking forward to getting back on track again... it doesn't take much to go off, does it.

So happy to hear that you and KAR have been "on track" and doing so well.

I will see you again on Tuesday after my Curves workout

Oh, KAR!
I got that 64 oz. mug at Wal-Mart and have been using it!!
Thanks so much for telling me about it!

Keep up the great work ladies!
God Bless you and give you strength...

PS>> What did you guys think of my kitties?
Do you guys like cats? Some a dog people, so I understand...

Old 02-14-2004, 01:32 PM   #73  
New and shy

Angry

I totally missed the picutures of your cats Sunny! I think I glanced at them when you first posted them, but I was at work and they didn't register. I LOVE cats, I have always been very much a cat person. Dogs are ok, but the first thing I'm doing when I move is to get a kitten. Yours are so cute! The two boys look just like a cat we had from the time I was 10 until just last year. Yes, we had the cat over 15 years and he wasn't a kitten when we got him, he was at least 2-3 years old, he was ANCIENT when my parents finally had to put him to sleep. I still get teary when I think about it, but he was so old he couldn't eat because his teeth were so sore, and he could hardly move he hurt so much. Looking at your boys reminded me of "Sarge" when he was younger and made me smile. Thanks

I did my 3X at Curves this week, and I just about have one of my friends convinced to come in with me next week and check it out. I would love to try the elliptical, but since money is tight right now (isn't it always?) I went with something I used to do in high school and absolutely loved. I found a set of 4 belly dancing work out tapes on ebay and bought those. I belly danced in school and it was great, I was still heavy then, but I was in better shape so hopefully they will help me get back to where I was then at least. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Ok, Kari, I forgot to mention when you were talking about it that I have one of those mugs from Wal Mart too (Wally World is my FRIEND) and just love it. I take it with me everywhere I go so I usually get my water in.

Hope y'all are doing well and have a great Valentine's Day. I will be alone, but I plan to watch sappy movies all night after I get my kids to bed so I'll enjoy myself anyway.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #74  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello everyone! SunnyD57, Bandit2, Kar73, EsRios426, StillSmiling, Nyssareen, Chubbyo, AimeeJane, and anyone else I may have missed.

Sorry I've been gone for such a long time! Just been trying to get things straightened out around here, and really haven't been on the computer much.

How has everyone been doing with their Curves??? Hopefully everyone is doing well.

I have good news, I will be joining Curves again! YAY!

My mother wants to join, so we are going to join together, and just pay for an entire year up front. I am really excited about getting back to Curves, and working on losing this weight! I haven't been to Curves since around November *I think* and I know I really need to go. It has been so cold around here, that I only can go out walking on "semi" warm days lol.

I've been wanting to take the dogs for a walk, but they are so little, their feet would just freeze. So they'll have to wait until spring time. They need to harnesses & leashes anyways.

Well anyways, I just thought I would check in and say "HI" to everyone, I haven't forgotten about 3FC, this Curves thread, or anyone else here.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful, wonderful day!

Talk with you all soon,

~ Kari ~

kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #75  

Angry

Well, well, well... if it isn't KARI,
Hey there girl! So good to see you again! Wonderful to hear that you will be joining up with Curves and visiting us Curve Gals again. I missed seeing you... Did your DM join too?

Hi CEZANNE,
How are you doing these days?? Wonderful to hear that you are doing so well and getting to your Curves Classes I am so happy for you!!!! Keep up the great job... going to Curves and recruiting for them

So glad you enjoyed my boys... they are the JOY in my life. They make me laugh allot. I have a picture of me with them that my hubby just took last night... I will post it when I take it off the camera, okay. Guido & Zeppe (the brother kitties) were on me sleeping and I look like I am wearing them I enjoy sharing the pics with those who enjoy them too...

Hi KAR73,
How have you been doing? Getting to Curves? I only went 1x last week and this week haven't gone yet... but I WILL! It's not over yet

I'm feeling so very tired this last week, but have been doing better in drinking my water. Thanks for telling me about the huge mug for water and it has really helped me get in what I should... I have gotten close to getting it all down, but still am working on it. It has been quite hectic this past week and difficult getting to my Curves. My hubby & I had to sing for another funeral yesterday morning (so many funerals ). Must be our age - we have never been to so many funerals! I think this is the 9th one for us in the last 10 months. And we just got a call yesterday that someone else we know has passed... whew! This could be a real drag.

Hi BANDIT2, ESSIE, AIMEEJANE and anyone else lurking!
Please come on in and say 'hey there' And let us know how you are doing.

God Bless!