Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-20-2004, 01:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Well, did my 2nd measure at curves last night & was up 5# & I think she said 6" since last time. I knew I would be up since I ate badly over Christmas season. The girl wasn't too worried about it - she said quite a few of the members were up as well.
But I still did my workout and went to my ww meeting afterward. At ww I was down 1# so that made me feel a little better.

So my goal is to do better this month with everything. Bye for now.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:31 PM   #17  

I went in for the figure assessment and first workout today at 8 a.m.
Apparently my BMI is very high although I don't weigh as much as I originally thought.
The workout was good - someone showed me how to do each station, how to take my pulse and the stretches afterwards.
So I guess I'll stick with it and try watching what I eat. My 2nd measure is Feb. 20th.
wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:27 AM   #18  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Goooooood Mornin' Ladies!

Well, I did 2 miles on my elliptical yesterday with the belt 'up high' (meaning that it was tougher) and then this morning I went to Curves and did my 40 minutes... we have 11 machines now and I still go around 3x, so it takes me longer but I don't mind. It really felt good this morning.

WRYLY, my BMI is high too and so is my body fat but it will come down as we continue to workout - you'll see. I am so glad to hear that you joined and like it. And I am soooo very happy you have people working with you - some places unfortunately don't... they get lax. So "not fair" to those who are new and need the attention when they first begin. Did you get the Curves Book (it's Lavender)? It has some great info on how Curves began and some meal planning... it is very similar to the South Beach Diet. So happy you like it...

KARI, you coming back at all????? Hope you are doing well! Have you heard anything more about your car? Miss you!

BANDIT2, Don't be discouraged... my heart goes out to you. It will be better next weight / measure, you'll see. I bet it was all the holiday happenings that caught up with you - I know it has me!!! That's why I skipped the January measurement and will be weighed & measured in February... after I have been back a month in exercise & watching my diet. Heck, it'll take me two weeks just to clear out all the sweets I had in my system!!!!!
Feel better... (((hugs)))

Gotta go get some house shores done...
Take Care Guys! "Keep on Curving!!!"
for now...
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #19  

Sunny - I'm not sure if I get the book. I talked to one person who said we get it if we reccomend 3 people. I'm not sure if they have to sign up or not. Then someone else said that I'll get it when I get my tag. So - I'm not sure. lol.

I hope to go work out again tomorrow morning - we'll see. When I woke up this morning I was thinking all the stuff I wanted to do before I left for work - until I realized I'd overslept and then ended up rushing everything and leaving my purse at home.
wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:36 AM   #20  

Angry

Hi again WRYLY, I got my book when I recommended 3 people to them. 2 of the 3 names I gave them did sign too and really like Curves. Sorry to hear that you had such a rushed morning, hope it gets better through your day
God Bless!
Old 01-21-2004, 09:22 PM   #21  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I started to attend the local Curves at the end of December. I am hooked. I feel so pumped and ready to live life to it's fullest after I leave Curves. I try to go three or four times a week. It is a great stress buster after a long day at school with my Special Needs students and then the after school program kids three nights a week. I go in the evenings and the place is usually packed. Tonight when I went in, every machine and all except one board was in use. I have made some nice friends there. The staff is helpful and really care about you as a person. I also belong to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Senseablely) sorry about the spelling but I am losing steam for the day. Since I joined Curves I have lost 4 pounds. It is great to be a steady weight loser for the first three weeks of the New Year. If I can do it and am faced with a stressful job on a daily basis, you ladies can too! Well I need to go and get some rest for my little darlings tomorrow. I was out attending a workshop today and know that I am walking into a mess tomorrow. So I better get well rested. Have a great day tomorrow.
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Sunny - thanks for the kind words & encouragement. I am OK with the results because I know I over-did the Christmas thing. If I had of stayed completely OP, I would really be upset. But it is an eye opener & a motivator.

Didn't do curves last night because the weather was nasty & didn't want to chance driving farther than I needed to. But I did the 3 mile WATP express & it is really a nice workout. Takes about 45 minutes. I thought I would do the tape in between curves nights & for sure if I don't make it to curves. So between that & shovelling snow I am getting lots of exercise and so far this week I have stayed completely OP with me eating and have reduced my starch consumption alot. So I am hoping for a good w/i on Monday.

Hope everyone else is doing well and keep up the good work.

Bye for now, curvees :-)
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:44 AM   #23  

Angry

Hi BANDIT2,
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling okay. Don't want to see you beat up on yourself.

I haven't been to Curves again this week, just went this Wednesday. It is just way to cold to go out & so many are ill... so I have been working out on my elliptical more to make up for it. I did 2 miles on Tuesday and yesterday I did 3 miles. I will hopefully get back to Curves on Tuesday next week & get in my 3x. I haven't gotten in 3x in a week since I have gone back --- I know that when the temps get nicer out I will venture out more, but I am from the desert and really feel this cold! Only 3* this morning with a windchill of -10* buuurrr!!! And so many ladies are really sick & still coming to our Curves ( wish that when they didn't feel well they didn't come & spread the stuff around - you know ). I don't usually get upset about things, but when it comes to illnesses I have to be guarded, I just become ill too easily & really am trying to stay well this year. Am I being unreasonable? So very sorry if I am...

Hope you ~All~ have a great Day!!!
I'm off... I have to go get in my elliptical for the day.
Later guys...
SunnyD
Old 01-23-2004, 10:27 PM   #24  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello all - sorry I haven't posted in a while. So much going on, seems like everything is just starting to catch up with me.

The car situation is starting to get a little better. On monday, they finally told me that they are going to total it out. It is too expensive to repair the damage. I'm a little bummed, but I can't dwell on it. The only problem we have is trying to get the insurance company to pay off my car. They want to give me $7,100 for it, and I still owe a little less than $7,500. There is NO way I am accepting their offer. My salesman at the Ford Dealership is going to call the guy on Wednesday, and get the claim settled. He said that he knows that he can get them to pay off my car. Hopefully it works. So in the mean time I've been looking at a 2001 - 2002 Ford Taurus. I'm still trying to work out a better deal with the dealership though. Wednesday should be the day when I pick a car.

My whole weight loss journey has been on hold lately. I've just had so much on my mind lately, with the car situation, and some family matters that have recently come up. Plus Ricardo and I are still struggling financially. We would have been okay in February, but now because of my car being totaled out, this puts us behind again. So it will be another two months before I can *try* to catch up again. It's like taking two steps forward, and three steps back.

I've been doing A LOT of stress eating over the last week, so I know I'm packing on the lbs. Clothes are getting tighter on me, and I'm really feeling the gain. Not good. I'll get back on track, eventually. I have to....and I know it.

I have been putting my resume in at several different places, so hopefully someone will call. I've been looking for a Full Time job with decent pay. Right now I have GOOD pay, but I work part time. If I can get decent pay, with full time hours, I will be okay, and I MIGHT be able to join Curves again....gosh how I miss Curves!

I also want to say, that all of you ladies are doing fabulous! Loss, or gain, you're still hanging in there, and doing what you have to do! So I just have to say, GREAT JOB everyone!!!

I'm sorry to cut this short, and not post more, but I am soooo unbelievably tired, and should probably go to bed. I promise to check back in soon, and see how everyone is doing. I'm happy to see the board picking up a little.

I hope all of you have a wonderful night, and weekend!

~ Kari ~
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:35 PM   #25  
KAR

Well I just came back from Curves. Today was my first weigh in and measure day. I did good. I lost 2 pounds. I also lost 10.25 inches. Plus I dropped my body fat by 0.80%. I am pleased with my results. I just hope that I can stay committed to going to Curves and hopefully I will reach my goal weight at the end of this year. Keeping your fingers crossed that I can obtain my goals. Have a great weekend!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:55 PM   #26  

Angry Good Afternoon gang...

I am so sorry KAR73, I didn't welcome you... so here it is

A Huge "Welcome" to you!

You really did well for your first weigh & measure You should be so proud of yourself! You will be committed - just say to yourself, "you will" instead of "I hope"

Keep in touch! You give me inspiration

Hi KARI, Good to see you back! I don't have the time to write to you now, but just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and hope you get back "on track" again real soo. Sure hate to see you gain back all your weight, after you have worked so very hard to take it off. I know what stress can do but try hard not to let the emotion grab you and pull you under, okay sweetie!

Thinking of you!!!
(((Hugs)))

Thinking of you ~All~ !
Keep on Curving!
xoxo
SunnyD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-02-2004 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:57 PM   #27  

Angry

Hi SunnyD57,

I was just lurking around & this site caught my attention since I belong to Curves. Where did you get all these cute attachments?

Essie
EsRios426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:52 PM   #28  

HI!

I just had my first workout at curves this evening, and I LOVED it!! i was a little apprehensive about it because i didn't know what it was all about, but i went in and they are SO supportive and nice. whats great is that there was people of all ages and all levels of fitness. it was great and i can't wait to go again! its been real snowy here too, makes it hard to get out sometimes, but i'll make it!!

marie
stillsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:24 PM   #29  
KAR

I had a snow day from school today. So I planned on working out all day. Just had other things popping up. I could not figure out why I was in such a bad mood. It finally dawned on me that I had not worked out. So I went to Curves and put in a good sweat workout. I was suprised that there was only three other ladies in there. I guess the weather was scaring a people. We had three to four inches of snow yesterday and then about an 1 inch of freezing rain on top of that. But it warmed up today and melted some of the snow. So it is not bad out there now. I hope everyone is able to workout in some form with the weather. Have a great day tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:26 PM   #30  
KAR

Marie,
I am so glad you enjoyed working out at Curves. It is a lot of fun and you don't realize that your 30 minutes is up. Keep it up! You will do fine. Trust me you will build in the time to go during the winter.