3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Curves #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/32632-curves-2-a.html)

SunnyD57 09-30-2003 02:57 PM

Curves #2

This Thread is for anyone wanting to join us in sharing about their "CURVES experiences" or if you are thinking about joining and have any questions.

I have really enjoyed CURVES! Loved the people and the music! And what it does for my Spirits! I began on Sept 17th, 2003 and cannot say... 'Thanks' enough times!!!

Cassandra - hope you don't mind I began another thread... the last one was getting a bit long.

SunnyD57 09-30-2003 03:25 PM

Tuesday

Good Afternoon Ladies...

I just wanted to mention something that I went through yesterday @ Curves and forgot to mention.

I had been hurting all weekend in my neck and shoulders really bad! Terrible cramping... come to find out I was using some of the machines wrong. I went to one of the instructors & asked for her help in checking my moves on each machine. And she showed me that I had to lay my head completely down onto the backs of each bench to work out properly. Otherwise it WILL get you in the shoulders & neck instead of the "targeted areas" like the arms or abs. Just thought I would mention it to you in case someone else has this happen to them.

Now that I am doing it correctly I am not having the pain I was and feel like I got a better workout on Monday then I did all last week. Thank goodness there is always someone to ask... don't be afraid to speak up.

Hope that this note finds everyone doing well and having a Wonderful Day today!

Bev 09-30-2003 03:36 PM

SunnyD, Like you I was also hurting and asked and they told me the same thing. Bev

SunnyD57 09-30-2003 03:46 PM

Hi

Hi BEV ~ Glad you asked and were helped... I wish I would have sooner. I was really in some hurtin'

Also, someone asked what we were doing on the other days that we weren't working out at Curves...

Well, I use my elliptical machine for 20 to 30 minutes on Tues & Thursday's to get in a 5 day workout. Once I hit a plateau I will increase the number of times I go to Curves from 3x a week to 4x and then when I hit a plateau again I will go to 5x and then hope by then I have reached my goal. Or just accept that I will be at that weight, but healthier ;)

aprilbride04 09-30-2003 05:38 PM

Hi gals!

Went to Curves this morning and switched my membership to the other Curves that actually helps you with the machines...it is so refreshing to be able to get up, go, and not have to go after your day has already passed and all you want to do is go home!!

I am really feeling energized and my attitude is so much better about everything in my life...it is really true what happens when you work out!

I am trying to get to Curves 4-5x a week...on days when I can't go, want to do a little more, or Sundays, I work out on my elliptical for 30 minutes.

Thanks for the reply on the Curves book - I think that besides the motivation, the best thing about this website is the information you get on other products, diets, etc.

Hope you are all working it hard and seeing results - I know I am!!

kari_berry 09-30-2003 07:56 PM

Curves

Sunndyd57 - I know what you mean about hurting your neck on the equiptment. I too was not putting my head all the way back on some of the equiptment, but when I was doing them I could feel my neck hurting, so I instantly put my head back, and POOF! The pain was gone, and I could FEEL my muscles working the correct way. It's a shame they didn't tell me in the begginning though, it would have saved me some pain.

This morning after my workout, I didn't get to stretch. :( There were A LOT of ladies in there, and they were all gathered in the back doing their stretches. There definatly was not enough room for me, and I hate to be crowded, so I left. Our curves is pretty big, but they fill the entire room with equiptment, so they leave this TINY space in the back to stretch. They need to improve that. I see A LOT of women leave without stretching simply because they would have to wait to find a spot to stand! I don't think that's right. I suppose I'll have to find a certain time of the day when they are less busy.

Today I worked pretty hard at the equiptment. I notice that some of the pieces are getting easier for me to use, but as I quicken my pace, I can really feel my muscles burning and working.

I remember, when I "once" had a personal trainer, he told me that when I could "feel my muscles burning" that I was working out good. I don't know if that's rightn or not though. Maybe he was just trying to get me moving... :lol:

Oh well. I hope you ladies are all having a spectacular evening. I think it's time for me to go journal real quick.

Happy Curves!

:strong: ~ Kari ~ :strong:

Loosinit 09-30-2003 09:10 PM

Really bummed!!!

I love Curves, too! It's the first time that I've actually enjoyed exercise! I feel great, have lost weight and inches. In October, it will be my one year anniversary ...I go 5 times a week, and that's why I'm bummed!!!

...I fell and hurt my tailbone, and can't sit (or bend very well) to do the exercises ...it hurts too bad! This just happened a couple of days ago, and I AM hurting less. Does anyone know how long it takes for a bruised tailbone to heal so that I can get back to exercising again? :?:

Thanks! And all of you ...keep up the good work ...I hope I'll be joining you again before long.

Rosiee 09-30-2003 09:37 PM

well it has been a bad week for me because I havent been able to go work out since last thursday. I had a molar break and was in so much pain from friday till monday then had it pulled monday so still couldnt go work out today. but I am going tomorrow and will just go everyday the rest of the week to make up. The only good thing about the tooth is I lost 10#'s from Friday to today. I know its not a good way to lose but it is a start hehe. Have a good rest of the week.

qsilver 10-01-2003 12:04 AM

Hey everyone :)

Sorry to not have posted in so long. I have been getting my Curves in though, and the inches and pounds are still going off! Today was my weigh and measure day, and I lost another 4.25 lbs and 4 inches this last month. I figured it would have totally bottomed out long before now, but the inches keep melting away. One of the ladies I see in there a couple of times a month gave me the sweetest compliment today. She said I just looked better every time she saw me. :) Got to love when people start to notice!

Sunny, I'm glad you asked someone about the neck thing. I remember mentioning that to someone way back in the last thread, because I had the same problem when I started.

Our Curves owner was having stress yesterday because she had to send one of our ladies to the hospital. The woman sweats profusely, but Judy said it seemed like it was getting worse and had been suggesting to her that she have her blood pressure meds checked or something. Well, yesterday she noticed the woman's lips and fingernails were turning blue! She asked a nurse who was stretching in the back to take a look at her, and the nurse said to call the lady's husband immediately and get her to the hospital. Judy was so stressed because she didn't hear anything back and the woman's car was still in the parking lot at the end of the day.

Well, the lady called up Judy today to thank her. She had an angiogram (sp?) done and an artery was 90% blocked. She thanked Judy for saving her life.

I am so glad Judy was paying attention and cares so much for her clients. She really is the coolest woman. :)

I'd better get out of here now. It is late, and I've been procrastinating writing an article that is due Friday. It is my first for a magazine, and I'm so nervous about it, I can't seem to even get started!

Andria

aprilbride04 10-01-2003 08:26 AM

Andria - WOW! That is amazing! Sounds like you are at a great Curves branch. I am so glad that I switched my membership because at my old branch if something like that had happened no one would have caught it because half the time no one was even there working in the workout room!

Just got done with my workout - got there a little late today...it was almost 7:30 and I am used to be back at my house showering then! Didn't really want to get out of bed today but I am glad that I did.

I got my measurements taken today...even though I have been back for 6 workouts now, I finally had the girl take them. I wish I would have taken them at the beginning though because I already feel thinner after just 6 workouts!

Anyways, I am getting hypnotized today. I know several people who have gone to this one doctor and lost tons of weight - there isn't a particular diet they put you on or anything - you can eat whatever you want, but you chose what you eat...supposedly it slows down your eating, portion control, and you subconciously chose healthier foods. This doctor has 100 doctors that refer their patients to him and has had several presidents flown in to be hypnotized by him. 9 out of 10 people this works on and I hope that I am one of the 9! I know that this sounds totally crazy but I have seen the results on several people...one lady has lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off for over 8 years!!

Anyways, gotta get showering and off to work - will talk to you gals later!

Happy Curving!

SunnyD57 10-01-2003 12:31 PM

So good to see everyone!

I have some really sad news to share with you all. This will be my third funeral to go to in less then two weeks. I just got off the phone with my hubby and he told me that our x-BIL, Earl, passed away last night from his lung cancer @ 8:30pm. Earl was waiting for his daughters to make it there (they were out of town) and they were visiting with him when he passed. So very sad... none of us expected him to pass on yet - we just saw him two weeks ago at a party and he was on the upswing and feeling better. He did look so very thin though. Even though he and Anne were no longer together we all still stayed in touch and Anne was even helping caring for him while he was ill. So very sad... so sad... :cry:

I would so appreciated Prayers for the families of Earl (he was only 55 yrs old).
Thank you gang - for giving ME a place to come to & vent with all this sadness surrounding me these days you just don't know how much it helps. {{{Hugs}}}

APRIL ~ I am so glad you went back to Curves and that you are feeling so much better. I think it's great that you moved to a place that is really helping you and cares. I think it is sad that some places are not doing what they should in helping their clients. I am blessed to have a good place here too. Sue really cares for everyone there and so do the people working for her. I got allot of help when I needed it and feel so much better in my neck shoulders.

ANDRIA ~ :cp: :dance: CONGRATS (!) in your weight loss and inch loss!!! :yes: So happy for you! And that is wonderful that your instructor/owner, Judy, did something as soon as she did! WoW :o ... could you imagine if she hadn't... So glad it all worked out so well... goodness! Thanks for sharing!!!! Good info to look out for in others too, you know.

ROSIEE That's one heck of a way to lose 10# (!) but I am so happy for you! :dance: "CONGRATS" to you as well. And I hope that you are feeling better real soon --- and are able to get to your workouts again.

WELCOME Loosinit ~ Sorry to hear about your tailbone... I do believe a bruise like that takes a bit of time to heal - I wish you well! Congrats on you doing so well at Curves... love to hear that. Gives me allot of hope! ;)

Oh... Good KARI ~ It realy helps to mention stuff when you go through it because you just never know who it will help out. I know that I feel so much better now that I am doing the workout correctly. Do you go home after your workouts? Maybe you could still take a moment to stretch at home if it gets too busy at Curves... it is so important to get in your stretching. I find myself doing it even through the day or watching TV at night. It has really helped me, because I get real tight muscles! Always have.

Hope that you ~ALL~ have a good rest of the afternoon and are able to get your workouts in. I got mine in this morning and will be there with wings on my feet - bright and early on Friday morning too. It's been very cold here in the mornings - burrr - 38* this morning. Just too soon! I want to enjoy our Fall! The tree's haven't even finished changing yet and our forecasters are calling for frost tomorrow morning!

God Bless!

Bev 10-01-2003 12:51 PM

SunnyD- I am so sorry you and your family. Bev

SunnyD57 10-01-2003 04:09 PM

Awwweee, Thank-you BEV It is hitting me a bit harder then I thought it would... he was just so young yet and so very talented. And I don't have anyone to talk to right now either - everyone seems to be gone or not answering their cells. Oh well.

Punkin 1 10-01-2003 05:48 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss, Sunny. Thanks for coming to share with us. :grouphug:

I am feeling pretty depressed myself. I have been working on the phone banks in the evenings for the NO ON RECALL campaign in California. This whole thing is such a travesty and it is beyond incredulous to me that we could actually end up with a mediocre actor in violent action films as Governor of a state that has the sixth largest economy in the world. :eek: This guy never graduated from high school and has no experience in government. What can people be thinking :dizzy: to vote for this......., this.........., :censored: ##@&**# :devil:.

Don't get me started! :soap: I've missed two Curves sessions last week and haven't gone yet this week. I'm definately going today after work and try to put this mess out of my mind for a while.

Take care, all. And thanks for letting me vent.

Lynda

aprilbride04 10-01-2003 06:00 PM

Lynda- Wow, you sound stressed! I hope that you made it to your workout - I am finding that in my stressed out life it is helping me deal with things...

SunnyD - Sorry to hear of your losses...it always seems like these things come in 3's...congrats on keeping up your workout at a difficult time - I promise that it will pay off!!

Ok - now for some news: I just got hypnotized today. It was crazy...I am really excited ... my weight is going to peel off...this dr. has been on donahue, the tonight show and has been doing this for over 25 years...he has 100 dr's who refer all their weight loss patients to him and has helped thousands of people lose weight and KEEP IT OFF! There are 8 stages of hypnosis and I was at a stage 4! (Normally you are only at a stage 1 or 2 in the beginning, so he said that I will actually lose faster than I think!) I can't weigh myself for 7 weeks though...you have to keep negative thoughts out of your head...(OK, I know that I sound like a freaky person right now, but I have seen several people lose massive amounts of weight with this guy!).

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great day! I will see you all later!

kari_berry 10-01-2003 11:58 PM

No Curves Today....

Today I was TOO exhausted and sore to do Curves. I woke up this morning with my neck, and back hurting SO bad. I just knew I had to rest, and not injure myself anymore. I don't know what I did wrong, but whatever it was, it sure does hurt!

I've tried soaking in warm baths today, and took some light muscle relaxers, but hasn't really helped much, plus I have a headache. :(

Hopefully I will feel well enough to go tomorrow.

Maybe I can get my fiance' to give me a back and neck massage... :lol: (I don't see that happening) lol

Oh well, off to bed shortly.

Good night ladies!

~ Kari ~

aprilbride04 10-02-2003 06:36 PM

Kari - sorry you aren't feeling well! When are you getting married? I am sure that you figured out I am getting married in April...just saw on your message that you lost 40 pounds so far...that is great!!

Went to Curves this morning - had to scrape ice off my car...started thinking how that could very easily be a temptation for me not to go to my workout some morning...if I get lazy, please kick my butt!!

Starting to feel really great - I know that I am losing weight...it is going to be hard not to weigh myself for 7 weeks...(hypnosis dr.'s rules!!).

Anyways, I hope you are all having a great day!! Tomorrow is my day off from Curves because I have meetings starting at 7am on Fridays...unless I get out of work in time to go in the pm!!

Punkin 1 10-02-2003 07:47 PM

Hi, April. Thanks for the good thoughts. I did go to Curves last nite on the way home and really did feel so much better. This morning I tried going at 6:30am when they open, as it's right on my way to work. It was great. I really don't sweat much, mainly on my forehead. But it's much cooler at that time of the morning so I didn't sweat at all and I felt comfortable going on to work after my workout. I'm definately an early person, anyway. Usually up between 3 and 4 am (my cat, Lovey, has me trained) and have so much more energy than after work, so I think I might just start going in the early mornings anyway.

I'll be so interested to hear how the hypnosis works for you. How many sessions with what frequency? Hope you'll use this thread as an on-line journal. Is any diet involved?

Kari, so sorry yor're hurting. I hope you'll feel up and ready to go tommorrow.

Till tommorrow,

Lynda :wave:

aprilbride04 10-02-2003 08:14 PM

Hi Lynda!

There are three sessions that I have to go to - they each are exactly 2 weeks apart. The cool thing about it is there is no diet and the DR. swears that you will keep your weight off!! He said that the reason 100 doctors refer his patients to him is because they say they know that diets work, but that people always gain back when they stop the diet (I think we can all understand that!!)

Anyways, I am not typically into this stuff but I have seen a few people I know go to this guy and have been hearing stories all around the county about this DR. and decided what the ****, what do I have to lose? (Hopefully just weight!!)

The first session makes you slow down your eating and chew your food more. It also makes you realize when you are full and need to stop eating!! The second session is about emotional eating (I go to that one on the 15th) and the third session is about stress (I go to that one on the 29th). At each session you get a tape that you have to listen to every day at least once a day. So when I am done I will have three different tapes and rotate listening to them.

Have you ever been hypnotized? It is kinda crazy - my limbs got all tingle - like they were asleep - and it felt like it was 10 minutes that he was talking but it was actually 45!! No one in the room could believe that it had been that long!!

It is all about taking your bad habits and starting good habits...I am excited to see what it does for me.

One thing that the doctor said was how powerful your mind is. You have to believe it will happen to make it come true and visualization is everything. If you want slimmer hips, then you need to visualize it! Pretty cool!! (I definitely want thinner hips!!)

I will definitely keep you posted - it is going to be so hard not to weigh myself!!

aprilbride04 10-02-2003 08:18 PM

Lynda - forgot to tell you great job on the am workout - it makes it easier to get it over with!!

SunnyD57 10-02-2003 08:29 PM

Thank-you guys for giving me a place to vent and for your sympathies... I had a quiet sad day today even though I was busy. It's like being lonely in a crowded room feeling... ya know.

Tomorrow I will go for my Curves workout and I know I will feel so much better - I always do.

KARI ~ I am still hurting a bit in my left shoulder. I am so sorry that you are still hurting so badly. Feel better real soon so you can get back to your workouts... I wish I could loan you my hubby for a rub-down on those shoulders of yours. He gave me one tonight to help mine ~ ahhh. Sure do wish it would just go away so we could enjoy our workouts to the max - don't you?
Did you ask your fiance for a rub?? Maybe he'd give you one...

LYNDA ~ I hope you are feeling better after venting ;) I know how frustrating things can get when it comes to politics. Did going to Curves help to vent? :) I know working out always helps me.

Lynda, your cat gets you up at 3 & 4am??? Mine use to till I changed their feeding schedule. Cats are nocturnal, so I began to feed them their wet food at night before bed instead of the morning and now they do not wake me in the morning anymore --- so cool! I always have out the dry food for them, but I was teaching them to wake me in the morning by feeding them with MY schedule instead of their natural schedule of night feeding. I have three! Domino (8) - Guido & Zeppe (1 1/2 brothers). I figured it out watching a Discovery program on Tigers ;)

APRIL ~ My mom said the same thing when I told her it was the third funeral in less then two weeks. And so did my girlfriend! Strange, huh. Thanks so much for your kind words. I really do not like being down!!! I am a person that loves to be up and bringing others up.

Me too, April! Scraping ice and we also had snow!! Can you believe it - the tree's still haven't finished changing! Just way too soon yet.

Thanks for the update on you being hypnotized... it will be interesting to know how it all works out. My girlfriend wants to go and she keeps talking about going but still isn't sure & hasn't yet. She did go to a Dr. to quit smoking and it worked! She has quit now for 15 years!

http://www.graphicgarden.com/misc1/g...ic1/mgcl1q.gifWell, I am gonna call it a night.
Catch you all tomorrow...
:sunny:

SunnyD57 10-02-2003 08:39 PM

Just thought you guys might like to see my boys ;) Guido in back & Zeppe up closer.

SunnyD57 10-02-2003 08:42 PM

This is Domino (my 8 year old)

qsilver 10-02-2003 09:23 PM

Sunny, I am sorry to hear you have yet another loss in your life. I will keep you in my prayers.

April, the hypnosis sounds very cool. Not weighing in for 7 weeks would drive me nuts because I'm a scale addict, but did he say anything about doing measurements? At the very least, you can try on tighter clothes and see if there is a difference.

Lynda, we have two cats, Monster and Simone. Monster is a sweet, grumpy old man (12 this month) and Simone is about a year and a half with a lot of kitten left in her. We have one more, Sweet Pea, but he is so painfully shy that he has chosen to live outdoors. We feed him and we give him loves when he feels comfortable with the attention. :)

Kari, staying home can be the best thing when you are that sore. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Rosiee, ummm, grats on losing the 10 lbs.? Ok, it is a good thing, but definitely not a diet plan you could market!

This has been a long and stressful day, and frankly, I'm thinking curling up on the couch with a book sounds like a great plan. Going to see if my dad wants to go for a walk first. We try to walk several times a week. It gives us a chance to keep in touch and vent frustrations as well as a little extra exercise.

I did hit up Curves today between jobs, and I'm glad I went. Like so many of you have said, it is a great stress reliever. Nothing to worry about but if I'm working those machines to my maximum. :)

Andria

aprilbride04 10-02-2003 09:26 PM

SunnyD - It is interesting that you bring up your friend who quit for 15 years...there was a lady in the group who had gone from 3 packs a day to none and has quit for more than 5 years. She came back for weight loss and the doctor said that she was at a level 7 out of 8 when he hypnotized us! He said that she could go into such a deep state because the more you are hypnotized the easier it is for you to get hypnotized again and that the deeper your level the better the results! He said that she is going to lose with no problem! I bet your friend would be an awesome candidate!!

qsilver 10-02-2003 09:27 PM

Sunny,

You could almost swap out your Zeppe and my Sweet Pea for each other! What cuties. :)

Andria

kari_berry 10-02-2003 10:32 PM

Curves today...

Today I managed to get to Curves. I didn't feel too bad this morning when I woke up. Before I went to bed I took some light muscle relaxers, and amazing got a good back and shoulder massage from my fiance. :) Today I finally got my stretching in after my workout, so I felt really good about that. All day at work though, I could feel the muscles in my legs. They feel a little sore, but in a way I like it, because they feel different. By feeling the muscles, it reminds me all day of what I am accomplishing.

aprilbride04 ~ congrats on your up and coming wedding in April! :) I bet you are really looking forward to it! I love weddings, but not quite sure if I want one of my own. On Halloween, it will be our 5 year "dating" anniversary. We've been together since we were 16 years old. Even though we've been together for quite some time, I feel like I am still to young to get married. So for now we are "engaged" without a permanant date. I personally would like to wait a few more years, get more settled in my job, and be financially stable. And when the time is right, I may just want to elope, nothing big and fancy. :) (Plus I'de like to be much smaller than I am now) ;)

Sunnyd57 ~ I just LOVE your cats! They are absolutly adorable!!! I was never a fan of cats until I first moved out on my own. We adopted a one year old cat named "Chewbacha" or "Chewy" for short. He looked identical to the Nine Lives cat, could have been a twin. I loved that cat so much. Unfortunatly, I was living in an apartment, and they raised my rent to a RIDICULOUS amount that I could not afford, just because of a cat, so he found a new home with some friends of mine. I see him every now and again. :)

Well - tomorrow I have to wake up early and babysit my niece. Then I'm off to Curves again. After Curves, I have to go pick up my paycheck, and run to the Secretary of State to renew my drivers license. (Way past due...oops!) lol. I am really looking forward to this weekend. I plan on doing NOTHING...lol :)

Have a good night ladies!

~ Kari ~

Rosiee 10-02-2003 11:59 PM

well I think I have talked my friend into trying the free week at curves! she isnt much of an exerciser but I hope she will enjoy this as much as I do. It is so much more fun to do when you have someone to buddy up with and make each other go.

qsilver...believe me if it was up to me I would rather gain 10#'s than have another toothache. :)

kari_berry 10-03-2003 05:50 AM

Bringing someone to work out...

I also have a free guest pass to bring someone to Curves with me, but I find that everyone I talk to about Curves is kinda weird about it.

Once I tell them that you work at each station for 30 seconds, they are always like, "Then how do you get a good workout if you are only exercising for 30 seconds???"

So far my sister, mother, grandmother, and friend have asked the same question.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It's like they don't want to go because they don't *think* they are working out hard, but they don't realize how quick you can work up a sweat at Curves! :)

SunnyD57 10-03-2003 07:21 AM

Morning!

http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/opbuzzysh.gifGood Morning KARI ~ So glad you got your backrub!!! :yes: YES! I have had that problem also... so what I do now is tell them that I go around three times on 8 machines working each part of the body and that I get anywheres between 8 to 12 reps each time - on each machine (so that's 8-12reps x 3 per machine = Great workout!)! That they understand...

Everyone have a Geart Day... I am going to Curves this morning and work off some sadness --- although I do feel much better this morning. I think I was just feeling the shock of it all yesterday. My SIL called last night and her voice sounded so very sad. I am alright till I hear or see someone else crying and then my heart aches for them & I end up crying too. The Curves really does help me cope though.

So glad everyone enjoyed my kitties :) I enjoy sharing them with you. They bring me so much joy!

Take Care...

SunnyD57 10-03-2003 07:31 AM

Pic ;)

Before I go, here is a picture of my hubby with his buddy, Zeppe, that I just took last month. Joe & I have been married for 28 years and he has grown to enjoy the cats as much as I do. Zeppe and Domino are his pals.

Later...

SunnyD57 10-03-2003 07:44 AM

Andria

Good Morning ANDRIA ~ Good to see you! I am sorry I didn't see your post before. Thank you so much for your kind words; for my losses & about my boys. All three of my boys make me smile all the time! What one doesn't think of to get into the other does! Today after my Curves workout (which I am gonna be late for if I don't get ready soon :lol: ) I have to bring the two brothers, Guido & Zeppe, in for their yearly check-ups and shots... they are gonna love me - NOT!

Hope that you, your sofa & your book had a nice evening last night ;) Me... I watched 'Survivor', 'CSI' & 'Without A Trace' last night. Love Thursday nights! Oh and taped 'ER' to watch later.

Gotta get goin' now... Curves is a callin' me :)

Bev 10-03-2003 09:06 AM

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to check in since I have not been around the last few days. I am going to be heading off to Curves after I do some yoga here. So I was able to get in my 3 times this week.

bev

Rosiee 10-03-2003 05:11 PM

Well I went to workout this morning and I did what someone was talking about and really applied myself on the machines. I was really sweating after I got done. Then I got another workout when I drove out to our little farm and a dog had gotten into our chicken coop and let all the chickens out. I chased chickens for an hour swearing the whole time I was gonna make soup out of them if they didnt cooperate. Luckily the dog didnt kill any cuz he had other things on his mind trying to get to our penned up female dog. I know I was being punished for only making it to curves twice this week.

Mysti 10-03-2003 05:46 PM

Hi Everyone.. I am new to this curves board!! But I just started going to curves a week ago today and I can already tell I have lost weight and I just feel alot better, The curves I goto is really great all the people are really friendly and we play games if there are enough people and they walk around and make sure everyone is using the machines properly!! I love it!! I never thought in a million years I would have liked going to work out, I was really amazed to see that not everyone is really thin.. the woman that i see most often that works in my curves told me the other day she did the slim fast diet and lost over 50lbs. shes inspires me to go there.. and work out i know if she can do it I can!! My curves is new (opened Sept 8th ) and they play bingo and things I cant wait until the 25th so that i can get measured again!

aprilbride04 10-03-2003 06:06 PM

Good job on getting your 3x a week in BEV!

Rosie - sounds like you had quite a day!! Curves and chasing chickens!! What a workout!! Way to work those machines hard!!

Mysti - welcome to the club!! I am glad that you have a great branch - I just switched my membership to another branch because of that - what a difference in my committment and motivation because of the new branch!!

Sunny - Hope you are feeling better!! Keep up those workouts!!

Didn't go to Curves today - am going for day #5 this week tomorrow. Going out with the girls tonight - hopefully they won't keep me out all night because I want to get up early and get my workout in. Plus, I have to spend the day tomorrow looking for bridesmaid dresses...

Till tomorrow!

Rosiee 10-03-2003 06:47 PM

Mysti..I noticed you posted on the PCOS thread too. I also have PCOS and the IR and i got Dr. Phil's book the other day but havent gotten into it yet. Maybe he will have some wonderful words of wisdom, but for now I will stick to my curves since it is the most fun exercise I have done in years. Who would have thought someone would call exercise fun.

SunnyD57 10-03-2003 07:04 PM

TGIF

http://www.wendysbackgrounds.com/Flo...owerpotwel.jpg MYSTI! :wave: So very happy to have you join us! I have been going to a new place also - just opened on the 15th of Sept but I began my first workout on the 17th. Today, one of the ladies there working out with me told me that I looked like I was really loosing! :cp: She made my day!!!! I really needed a boost and she gave one to me. Now I too am looking forward to my measure time.

Thanks APRIL ;) I am feeling better then yesterday and I have NOT stopped my workouts. It's because I have been going that I do feel so much better... the ladies were all making me laugh, knowing how hard it's been on me & our families these days. So I haven't missed a one! Thanx for the encouragement!!!! I will feel allot better after the funeral tomorrow is all done - we have to sing for it and that won't be easy. I really loved that guy!

Hi BEV! :wave: Hi ROSIEE!

Gotta go now... hubby wants me to spend some time with him.
Have a good weekend ladies, if I'm not able to come back.
Thanks again!!!

kari_berry 10-05-2003 10:09 AM

Hello

Hello ladies,

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I wanted to post all day, but I just felt so miserable yesterday, I couldn't get on the computer. I think I may be getting the flu, or just some funky cold, because I'm just not feeling like myself. Chills, headache, nausea, weakness. Bummer. I'm feeling a somewhat better today though. Yesterday I wanted to go to Curves, but I didn't want to make anyone else sick, if I was. Atleast I got my four times in this week. I am off work on Monday, so I will go early in the morning, then it's off to AAA (insurance agency) to switch my car insurance.

Welcome Mysti !!! I too recently joined Curves. Been going for two weeks and I LOVE it. Love the music, and love the way the circuit training works. The only problem I seem to have with my Curves, is that the women mostly keep to themselves, or talk with women "their age". Some days everyone will be talking, and I'll chime in at times I feel are appropriate, just trying to be nice, and they will completely ignore me. So now I pretty much just keep to myself, do my work out, and occasionally talk with the ladies who work there. No biggie though, that doesn't change my view on Curves all together.

Eating hasn't been too good the last few days. My nice fiance went shopping, and God bless his heart, bought me some "healthy" food, like my low fat yogurt, egg beaters, and chicken (because I love chicken!) BUT he also had to buy the "NO NO's". :nono: He bought THREE packages of cookies. Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and some kind of cookie with strawberry gunk in it. Well - I started getting cravings, and I ate a few of the chocolate chip ones, and a few of the strawberry ones. I felt pretty bad afterwards. It's like, why can I not control myself?? My mind is telling me NOT to do it, that I WANT to be thin, but my stomach is yelling - - - FEED ME!!! :cbg: I need to learn to take control, so I suppose that is my goal to work on.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

:queen: ~ Kari ~ :queen:

qsilver 10-05-2003 11:59 AM

Kari, are you telling me you didn't eat all 3 bags of cookies?! I'd take that as a win, even if you do feel a little bad now. Doesn't sound like a binge even, just a craving that has had a chance to grow a little out of proportion. :) When I'm not feeling well, it is so hard to keep out of the junky foods. I've turned to them for comfort for so long, and when I'm feeling out of sorts I think I find myself more easily led back to old habits. Glad I read your post though, because I'm feeling kind of achy, chilled and nauseated today, and there is half of a bundt cake sitting in the fridge calling out and attempting to convince me it will make me feel better...

Sunny, :grouphug: Working out really is good for dealing with strong emotions like grief. I remember when my husband and I were in marriage counselling years ago and the chaplain wanted us to go on a long walk each night, taking turns telling each other about our day. Even when the conversation turned to harder to deal with subjects, we handled them better because we were moving all those emotions as we moved our bodies. Guess that might sound a little weird, but it was a huge help for us. Later, when I had to deal with the loss of our infant son, walking kept me from losing it completely and finally brought me back to my family. Guess what I'm trying to say is, good for you, keep moving and keep working through your grief. I think Curves came into your life when it did for a reason. :)

Ok, got to get out of here. My stomach is feeling really cranky. :(

Andria