3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Curves #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/32632-curves-2-a.html)

Mysti 10-05-2003 08:24 PM

Hi Everyone... Yup Rosiee I got PCOS and IR I have had it for about 3 1/2 years now!! I was just wondering is anyone Curves open on the weekends I am getting very bored and feel so lazy not going there on the weekends!

SunnyD57 10-06-2003 07:04 AM

Monday

http://www.wendysbackgrounds.com/Mis...pple/apple.gifGood Monday Morning Ladies All went real well this weekend considering... I am glad it is all over with. My D-SIL was just so sad. Every time I'd see her cry I would begin to also... but I think we are all on the mend. We know he is no longer suffering and is with our lord. We cry for ourselves, we miss him. Thank-you all for your very kind words and encouragement. It is just so nice!

I will be going to my Curves this morning --- today she opens at 8:00am :dance: She has been opening at 9:00 and allot of us wanted it earlier, but she has a child and can't get there any sooner then 8:00 --- I'll take that :) Yea... ANDRIA, that is the truth!! No kidding! I worked my elliptical on Saturday to get in some exercise time --- it really does help with stress!!!!

And MYSTI ~ I know that our Curves is open on Saturdays, but most if not all are closed on Sunday's because it is a Christian based exercise program. Just ask where yu are going about their hours - it is different with everyone that owns their Curves. So glad that you are enjoying Curves I know I am for sure!

Well, I must be getting ready... I want to grab a little bite to eat before it gets to be time to go. I don't like to go on an empty stomach, I have a better stronger workout when I have a little bit of something then nothing at all. I usually have a scrambled egg OR just a slice of turkey with 1/2 slice of cheese rolled up in it - yum!

Catch you all later...
HAVE A GREAT :yes: DAY!!!!

SunnyD57 10-06-2003 07:12 AM

PS...

KARI ~ Sweetie... don't beat yourself up over a craving (not a binge). For me, it was a few peanutbutter cups (the smell alone gets to me). But I just take it one day at a time and will do better today. I usually have some fun things on the weekends so I don't feel like I am deprived and eat wayyy more then I should because the cravings caught up with me. Anyway, I guess I am just saying --- don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day! I sure do hope that you are feeling much better today! The flu is really going around this year!! Yuk :p !

Hope you have a much better day today --- don't look back... what is done is done --- Keep your eyes forward and you will do just fine.

Take Care! :grouphug:

SunnyD57 10-06-2003 07:21 AM

Andria

ANDRIA ~ One more thing... I am so very sorry for your loss, but am so proud of you and your hubby working it out! So many give up way too soon and I find that the work is so well-worthwhile. We have been together now 28 yrs and are so content with one another right now. I too lost our infant baby girl (Lisa Anne) in 1976 and Joe & I had to work very hard to get though that... I also lost all chances of ever having children again. I had a car accident & was full term and when they went in they removed everything... I was a mess inside & out for about 5 years.

We all have something to come through in our lives... I thank the Lord for 'Him', our friends and the love of our Love-ones. You can get through most anything with that combo ;).

God's Blessings!!!
{{{Hugs}}}

SunnyD57 10-06-2003 12:24 PM

ROSIEE ~ Love your picture!!!! What beautiful hair you have and an adorable face!

Love it when I see pics! :)

Later...

Rosiee 10-06-2003 04:17 PM

thanks for the compliments sunny even though I just look like a floating head hehe. didnt get to work out today cuz I had to go get two root canals done but will be there tomorrow morning bright and early. I just loves mondays when ppl start posting again after the weekend. Now I check the message board before I do my email!

Punkin 1 10-06-2003 04:29 PM

Hey, everybody! :wave:

I love to cook and use it as therapy when I'm stressed. For some reason I came up with the idea of making enchiladas Sunday! The fact that I can't eat them on my diet did not deter me. I have three grown sons, and two live close to me. My daughters-in-law appreciate it when I share what I can't keep, and my grandkids love my cooking. I just assembled them and didn't cook them so I avoided the temptation of eating them. I love Mexican food.

Well, after tommorrow night this blasted Recall joke will be over and I can get back to my life. I'm afraid, though, that instead of being stressed, I'll be depressed because our new Governor is likely to be Ahnold, serial groper of women and admirer of :eek: Adolph Hitler. I have gotten back to my three times a week at Curves (I find that I like going in the mornings before work). It certainly does help with the stress and I feel much better. Of course, part of my stress was the guilt I felt over not keeping up my 3 X a week. LOL

For now, bye! Lynda

Andria and Sunny, I don't know that I could have been as strong as you in facing such loss. I admire you both for your strength and resiliency.

Christian 10-06-2003 06:34 PM

Hey there ladies!
Sorry I havent been on the thread in awhile ...but I just had to come back with my 1st months results ;)
I lost 3 1/2 inches
and 3 1/2 pounds of body fat :D:D
only one pound but she said body fat is what I needed and muscle weighs more than fat so I am extatic!!!!!!

kari_berry 10-06-2003 10:10 PM

Welcome Christian!!! Congratulations on your loss so far! I get my first weigh in on October 19th - so I am pretty excited! :)

Sunnyd57 - I'm glad things are starting to get a little better. It is so hard losing someone you love. I too over the last few years have lost a lot of family members. Even if I wasn't real close with some of them, it still hurt just the same. As long as we keep our chins up...we'll make it through :)

I still haven't been doing well food wise. I have been finding myself a little depressed lately and kinda snacking on whatever. September, October, and November are bad months for me. When I was 17 back in November of 1999 - I lost a pregnancy, and it still hurts to this day. I know I was way too young for a baby, but it still hurts just the same. I suppose it makes it worse because it's fall, and everything is changing. Sometimes I dislike changes, but they are bound to come.

I didn't make it to Curves today. I planned on going, but I had a few other things to do, and ended up missing. I know I HAVE to go tomorrow. I usually feel better once I work out. My muscles are sore today, though I didn't do any kind of exercise since Friday. My muscles are aching because they want to move. I am definatly going to Curves early tomorrow.

Well - I suppose I don't have much more to talk about. I'm getting a little sleepy, so I may check a few more boards, and then hit the sack for tonight

I hope everyone is well.....Good night

~ Kari ~

angel4real 10-07-2003 12:42 AM

WOW, I cant believe I have been gone so long from this message board that I dont really recognize anyone but one person. :o This Thread has really taken off. What happened to Cassandra? she didnt move over with the new thread? Cassandra, if your out there hope everything is going well for you. Im really happy to see that this group has grown so much,
Sunny D you have done a great job keeping this thread going. I have been reading some of your post and you are a great motivator. I think it's great that you love Curves. I have been going to curves since May, I try to go at least 3 x a week, but there are time where I just am too lazy to go becasue I dont want to sit in traffic to get there. So i end up coming home to exercise. " But...(clicking my heels) there is no place like Curves" LOL

ok well i was just getting ready to go do my oxycise before my head hits the pillow.

ok, well i will try to check in from time to time.
have a great OP day tomorrow

Mia

aprilbride04 10-07-2003 07:55 AM

Hi girls!!I haven't been on here since Friday night and there are so many postings!!

Got my morning workouts at Curves in Monday and this morning. Feel like I am going very slow...anyone ever feel like that? They just tightened our machines and moved them around and they are TIGHT!!

Christian - great job on your loss!! That is always motivating!!

Kari - I hope you are feeling better...I see that you have lost 60 pounds or so. That is great!! Don't beat yourself up over your binge but get your eating back on track! I have yo-yo dieted so much that I would hate to see you gain back all your weight when you are doing so great! One thing that I find helps me get back under control is to start with getting my water in and working out. If I do those two things the eating usually gets corrected- but I know it is easier said than done!

Sunny - glad you are feeling better...hang in there - proud of you for continuing your workouts through this mess...

Punkin - what diet are you on that you can't eat enchilada's? That must be hard!!

Ok- for those of you who asked me to keep you informed on my hypnotism...I am loving it!! I can't believe what it is doing for me...Friday night I went out with the girls and we were drinking beer and around 11pm or so they ordered pizza and breadsticks...one of my favorites. They kept trying to get me to eat some and I kept saying no ...I really had no desire to eat it...unbelievable for me!! Then, I went out with my sister to a mexican restaurant and there was chips and salsa on the table and about 15 minutes into our conversation she stopped and asked me if I was going to eat any...I was shocked...I didn't even notice that I wasn't eating them...if you girls new me personally you would know that never in a million years would I have passed up these foods! And it wasn't that I wanted them but held myself back...I really had no desire to eat any!! I eat slower and stop when I am full...I love it!!

I have been working out for about 3 weeks now and only 2 of those been going to Curves...I am already getting compliments on how I look like I have lost...so motivating!!

Alrighty - if I don't get my bootie moving I am going to be too late for work!! LOL!!

aprilbride

SJR 10-08-2003 06:51 AM

HI all,

Wow, I can't believe the activity on this thread. We were away this weekend and I'm still trying to catch up. Another couple of weeks of a hectic schedule and then it should quiet down between sport seasons and I am hoping to post more. I do read them every day though.

I had my 2nd measurement last Friday. I lost 1/2 lb and 1 1/2 inches. I did not expect a whole lot because I haven't been giving 100%, but I did lose and that's always better than a gain.

Well, off to work. Will get to Curves this afternoon!

aprilbride - please keep us up-to-date on your hypnosis. That is really interesting!

aprilbride04 10-08-2003 07:47 AM

Hi girls!!

Got my morning workout at Curves in...my second week is almost complete - just have to get tomorrow morning in!!

I feel so much better throughout the day knowing that I have gotten my workout in and that if I want to go home and workout I can but if I don't want to I don't have to!

I wish I could weigh myself...that is the only thing really driving me nuts right now!! I guess I should look at it as one week down, six to go and then I can step on the scale!!

Alrighty - talk to you all later! Have a great Wednesday!!

SunnyD57 10-08-2003 10:01 AM

I hurt myself today...

Good Morning Ladies! I am going to begin today by asking for special thoughts & prayers in my healing... I took a bad fall at my Curves this morning! I turned my right ankle in both directions stepping off the recovery station to go to the next machine and I went down really hard. I not only feel it in my ankle, but in my neck & shoulders and knee that I fell on --- what a mess! :mad: I am so mad at myself & sooo disappointed :cry: I cannot begin to tell you, because now I have to wait till Monday to go back! That means I miss two of my workouts! I am so bummed, so terribly bummed... I never ever would have thought I would be bumming about NOT going to a workout!! I am hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Thank you Angel-MIA, for the kind words... I am afraid I am not too encouraging today :( I am so sad about missing my workout today, cannot stop crying to see what I am writing.

SHERI ~ :flow1: I just couldn't be happier for you!!! :cp: Every little bit counts!!!! Yeah :dance: for you!!! :cp:

APRIL ~ Good for you in going to your workouts! Go for me, okay... Keep up the great job!!! It will be so well-worth it. That-a girl!!! Big-Pats on the back for you! Thanks for keeping us informed on your hypnosis... I have been sharing your info with my friend who is thinking about it herself. Sounds like it is doing the trick :)

KARI ~ I hope you are doing well... we haven't heard from you in a day or so. Thanks for your thoughts, I was feeling better till this morning happened.

Hi CHRISTIAN ~ YEAH :cp: YAHOO :flow2: WAY TO GO! :dance: So very happy to see you and that you have such great news! Come back!

Morning ROSIEE & LYNDA & BEV! :wave: Sure do hope you all have a wonderful day today & are able to get your workouts in. Stay in touch ;)

Take Care everyone... don't take a fall like I did.
God Bless!!

kari_berry 10-08-2003 10:38 AM

Good Morning Ladies, I hope everyone is having a nice day so far.

Sunnyd57 - So sorry to hear about your fall! I have taken many tumbles like that in the past, and I know how bad they hurt! In order for it to heal properly, you need to give it a few days, even if it means missing a few work outs. I would be bummed too though. I really love going to Curves.

You know, there has been a few times where I've almost fallen at Curves, and not because I lost my balance, but because of the equiptment. At my Curves we have A LOT of equiptment, so we only go around the circle twice, but some times when they move the equiptment around, things get too close to each other, and it makes it hard to go from the platform to another piece of equiptment. Once the platform was so close to the other piece of equiptment, that I actually lodged my foot between the two, and had to jerk it out real quick. Not good. I should probably say something to the ladies who work there.

SJR - congrats on your loss!!! 1/2 lbs and 1 1/2 inches is wonderful!!! Keep up the great work!!

I'm a little nervous about my next weigh in. It is coming up on October the 19th. When I started Curves I weighed 262. Last week, I used their scale to weigh myself, and it said 264 lbs. Then yesterday I weighed myself and it was back down to 263 lbs. I'm a little nervous, and really need to get back on track eating wise if I want to be down for my monthly weigh in. Working out has been great, I've work hard when I'm there. It's just eating. I tend to eat too much of the stuff I don't need, and little of the stuff I do need. Yesterday wasn't too bad, so today I'll have to try a little harder. (Though I started off bad this morning with a little piece of Low Fat Pumpkin Pie.) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/359.gif

Oh well - I'll start fresh from here. lol.

Aprilbride04 - definatly keep us updated on your hypnotism! :) There is a well known Dr. that occasionally offers things like this in our area, and I've considered, but never went. This may just encourage me to try it some time. :)

Well - I'm off to find something *somewhat* nutritious for breakfast. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/168.gif Then I'm heading out to Curves.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Kari ~ - - - - - > Super Woman! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_46.gif

Cassandra B 10-08-2003 07:46 PM

Hello everyone. I am still around, I havent been doing really well as far as Curves go but I hope to start back tomorrow.

Sunny, I really hated to hear about you fall today. I hope you feel better soon. That sounds just like something I would do. I have been jogging on the recovery station and just jogged right off the side and twisted my ankle. Wear ankle supports, they will really make a difference.

I had a bad day at work today and needed to come read all of your great posts. They always make me feel better.

Some of you may remember from the other thread that I had my husbands 10 year high school reunion. It was great. I had lots of fun. Here is a quick pic so you can put a face with the name. I will post the professional ones when we get them back.

Talk to yall later!!! I missed you all!!!!!

http://www.supradreams.com/images/reunion/cassandra.jpg

SunnyD57 10-08-2003 08:01 PM

Cassandra...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4_6_8.gifOh my Gosh, CASSANDRA!!! You are just absolutely beautiful! And it is so nice to hear from you again!!! So did you have a great time at your reunion?!?! Boy, you look as if you really did drop some weight - you can see it from the bottom pic of you to this one --- CONGRATS to you! :cp: :dance: :cp:

I am just so happy to hear from you again, stay in touch, okay. I really have to go. I am not feeling very well this evening. Yes, I will be wearing a brace from here on in once I go back. Please say a prayer that I won't be out too long.

WELCOME BACK!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4_1_2.gif

SunnyD57 10-08-2003 08:14 PM

Quick note...

Hi KARI ~ Thank you so much for sharing... makes me feel a little less like a fool. I have sprained this same ankle for the third time today in less then 7 wks. I now have to wear an air-brace for a few days till the swelling eases and Joe went to get me an anti-inflamatory. I will take you up on the resting days and try to go back on Monday... and I will wear a brace!!!

Oh... and maybe you should let them know that you have gotten your foot stuck. It may help someone else from taking a fall. You be careful, cuz this is just so painful - I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Take Care, sweetie... feel better!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1069.gif(((Hugs)))

angel4real 10-10-2003 01:54 AM

Cassandra,
I have to agree with Sunny, You are beautiful Just look at that smile. Its soo good to see you are still around. DOnt feel guilty about not not doing well and not going to cuves. you know what they say. Life happens. It happens to me all the time. The important thing is that we find our way back.

Sunny, I will be praying. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I should be asleep by now, but Im too happy right now. Im waiting for my Bf to get home. I bought him a money clip for Valentines day, and he lost it in April. Well tonight as i was going through clothes in my closet. ( trying stuff on to see if they fit me yet) well a pair of his pants were mixed in with mine, and WHen I went to look at them,. I felt something heavy in the pocket. I was so happy to see that the money clip was in there along with a $5 bill. He was really bummed because he knew how much that money clip meant to me. and now I think he will be as happy as I am that I found it. sorry for rambling. Just had to share my excitement about that with someone.

OK, well he should be home any minute, and I still have to get the coffee pot ready for him, for his morning coffee.

talk to you all later.

aprilbride04 10-10-2003 10:51 AM

Sheri - Congrats on your loss!

Cassandra - Welcome back!

SunnyD - this is just not your month!! I am so sorry to hear that you are injured...I feel your pain - I am having awful back problems...you have just had some awful luck lately...you hang in there!!

Kari - I am loving the hypnosis - I would definitely recommend it but I would make sure that the person you go to has lots of experience and get some referrals...

Got my 4 days in at Curves but last night and today I am having awful back pains - again! My doctor can't get me in and I have a wedding that I am in tomorrow. I am on some flexerol and anti-inflamatory right now but I am hoping that it doesn't make me drowsy because the rehearsal dinner is tonight!

Anyways, I went for an hour long walk with my friend yesterday...it was so nice outside and it didn't even feel like an hour! Going to try and get some rest before tonight - hope you are all having a great Friday!

SunnyD57 10-10-2003 10:53 AM

TGIF

Good Morning everyone! Why are we so quiet here??? Is everyone still going to your workouts at Curves???!!!

KARI ~ You changed your picture again - I like that one, it's really neat looking, but why did you remove your picture??? You are adorable! Did you just feel like a change? Hope that's all it was... How are you feeling today?? Thinking of you.

I am doing better, but really feeling the bruising today --- all over (shoulders, arms, knee's as well as ankle)! I spoke to Sue (the owner at Curves) and I should be able to come back on Monday. I have to go get some high-top shoes OR wear extra supporting wraps on both ankles since they are weak... especially my right one. I fractured it in 1976 and have sprained it at least a dozen time since then (only the right one!) This one is pretty bad too. You cannot even see my ankle bones this morning & my toes are so swollen that they look like babies feet :lol: Gee... you think I'll make it through :lol: I am such a big baby when I get hurt ;)

Thanks so much ANGEL ;) You are sweet. I had a restless night too!!! I was up till 2am and then was up again with my hubby at 6am (awake @ 5:30, but didn't move till 6 :) ) I felt all the bruisiing in my body last night - nothing helped.

So glad you found your DBF's $-clip!!! :cp: I know what it's like when you lose something you really like. That happened to me once with my MGM watch I got at Epcot. I couldn't find it anywhere and then my hubby (years later mind you!) took our recliner chair apart to repair it and there it was!!! My watch!!! It was just so cool! And it still works... just too funny. I am happy for you both :bubbles:

SunnyD57 10-10-2003 11:02 AM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_105.gifHi APRIL ~ I think we posted at the same time ;) I hope you feel better too! And I will hold you in my prayers that all goes well this evening and you don't feel too much pain or get sleepy. Watch the drinks if you take meds ;)

God Bless you and thanx for your kind words --- it has been a rough month, hasn't it. But I am a survivor... aren't we all :smug:

Rosiee 10-10-2003 01:19 PM

well sunny I am now feeling your pain as last night we lost a very dear friend of ours. He was one of those older men that would give everything he owned to anyone that asked for it.. He was a very christian man and I know he is in safe arms now but still will miss him terribly. Just havent felt like doing curves now but will try to get back on monday.

kari_berry 10-10-2003 04:56 PM

Hello...

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far! It is pretty nice here in Michigan right now, not too hot, not too cold.

SunnyD57 - I sure hope your ankle is okay. Have you gone to a doctor to get that checked out? I know swelling is normal with a sprain, but that sounds pretty bad. My mother fell once, and hurt her ankle really bad. Come to find out she tore some tendons, or ligaments (not sure which ones) but the doctor told her that that is the worst type of injury to your foot because it takes so long to heal. He told her that she would have been better off breaking her ankle than what she had. Hopefully yours in nothing too serious and heals up in a jiffy so you can get back to Curves.

angel4real - I'm happy that you found your husbands money clip! I'll bet he was thrilled to get it back! I couldn't even tell you how many things I have misplaced, and found years later. Summer of 2002 I had gotten a new pair of prescription sunglasses. Paid A LOT of money for them, and LOST them. I could have SWORN I left them at a park, but THIS summer I found them buried in our closet!! I was so happy to have them. (Those cheap sunglasses just don't compare). lol.

Welcome back Cassondra! You definatly look as if you have lost some weight! Way to go! :) Hope you had a wonderful time at your husbands 10 year reunion.

So for me, everything has been going 'okay'. Nothing too exciting happening in my life right now. Just working, and curving. Though I didn't get to go to Curves today. I had plans to. As a matter of fact, I have my work out clothes in the car, but plans changed because I had made plans to go to my fathers house, and then go to Curves, but *somehow* I forgot that I had to pick my niece up from school! So after driving ALL the way to my dads, I sat there for 30 minutes, and then realized that my niece was getting out of school in a half an hour, so I had to RUSH to go pick her up. When the kids got out, DeAnna wasn't there, so I asked her teacher, and come to find out, her mother came and picked her up early this afternoon... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_104.gif The least she could have done was call me on my cell phone, and let me know, so I could have continued with my plans. I am pretty upset about it, because I change my schedule A LOT to help her out with DeAnna. Oh well...

Yes, I did change my picture next to my name. I just wanted something a little different than myself...lol. Actually - that picture was taken in July and I want to put something more current up. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my digital camera so I can post a new picture. So hopefully soon, I'll be back up. :)

So right now, I am off to my mother's house. She is having a pretty bad day today, and needs someone to talk to, so we are going to head out to a restraunt so we can talk over a meal. I'm going to *try* and not eat anything too bad. :)

Talk with you all later,

~ Kari ~ - - - - - - > Super Woman! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_46.gif

kari_berry 10-10-2003 04:58 PM

Rosiee...

Rosiee - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will definatly say a prayer for you and your family tonight. Hang in there, and be strong.

~ Kari ~

SunnyD57 10-10-2003 05:25 PM

Hi

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...981#post467981
Hi KARI ~ Real good to see you... this will be very quick - the above link is to the Christian Encouragers #175 Thread - there is a picture there of my foot (scroll down or up a bit - you can't miss it), you'll see it is pretty bad. But I'll live. Thanks for your concern. I am using an air-cast and it really does help take some pressure off of it when I am on it. I will write more later - my hubby is home.

Awwwwe ROSIEE ~ My heart http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/229.gif goes out to you {{{hugs}}} :grouphug: Loosing someone is so very painful, even though you know they are no longer in pain. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_10.gif My Prayers & thoughts are with you!

Cassandra B 10-10-2003 05:40 PM

Thank all of you on the very sweet comments on my reunion pic. You all are great.

Oh my gosh, Sunny, I am so sorry about your foot. I saw your foot pic. You really need to stay off of it and relax all weekend! You make sure your make you hubby wait on you hand and foot!!!

Cassandra

Rosiee 10-10-2003 10:40 PM

thanks for all the prayers sunny and kari, and sunny your foot looks very painful. hopefully it will feel better soon.

Bev 10-11-2003 11:00 PM

Hi everyone, well I have been away from the thread for awhile but i have been going to curves.

SunnyD- I am sorry about your ankle- i hope you feel better soon.

well it is time I hit the bed but i did want to say hi.

bev

angel4real 10-12-2003 05:44 AM

Sunny D. I hope that your ankle is feeling better. I saw the pic and that looks like a nasty sprain. My daughter has been on crutches for the last week, and even missed school because it was just too painful for her to get around on the crutches. The crutches cut into her and bruised her under her arms, Pretty nasty also. I was really upset about her spraining her ankle. She did it at her fathers’ house and it happened because he is an irresponsible adult. She was sitting in his van with the back open. And he decided to move the car with her sitting in it, with her legs hanging out the back, well it apparently drug one of her legs and resulted in a sprain. He's so lucky it didn’t break. I think I would have killed him. I am so mad at him for being so irresponsible,. I was even madder because he took her home like that. He thought that she was over reacting. My mom took her to the emergency room after he dropped them off at home, and they x-rayed it and found that it was badly sprained. I felt so bad for her. She is now able to walk with out the crutches, but sill has pain. So I can just imagine what you are going through.

Roiee, I am so sorry for your loss. But at the same time I'm envious of him. He is now in the presence of the Lord. How much better could it get. He is definitely in a much better place, I only get sad when someone dies that doesn’t know the Lord, but when they know the Lord, then there is nothing to worry about because we know they are in the right place.

Kari, How frustrating. I would have been really P.Od if they would not have called me to tell me their was a change of plans. Especially if you had to move your schedule around because of it. I hope that everything with your mother was OK

OMG I didn’t realize it’s almost 2:45am, I better get to bed. I have a full day ahead of me. Hope everyone is doing well, and I will check back again soon.

Mia

kari_berry 10-12-2003 10:10 AM

Beautiful day!

Today is such a beautiful fall day! The temperature has dropped a little, but it is really nice today. A very good walking day!

I hope everyone else is having a beautiful day too. :)

On Friday, my mother and I went out to eat at the Outback Steak House. She just needed someone to talk with because she is having a hard time at work. She works Security at a Steel Plant here in Detroit She has worked there for MANY years, and just recently was promoted to Superviser, because the previous guy in charge was a goof off. Now she over sees all of these other people, plus has to deal with all the other stuff that goes on at the office. Some of the people that she never had to deal with before are really pressing her buttons, and trying to see how much she can take. She wants to give up the position. But it's the pay that keeps her there. I just told her to stick it out for a while, and see if things get better. She is still learning the ropes of being in charge. Hopefully it will get better for her.

Yesterday, I had to work from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - then I had to run over to my niece DeAnna's birthday party. We were there ALL NIGHT. I was absolutly horrible food wise. I had tortila chips with salsa, a hot dog, half a slice of pizza, some noodle salad, taco salad, a few margaritas, and CAKE. OUCH! I definatly could have done better, but I just wasn't thinking. :( Today I am going to TRY MY BEST to stay on plan. I know when I get my first weigh in at Curves there won't be a loss. More than likely a gain. But I'll deal, and try to do better for the next weigh in.

SunnyD57 your ankle looks quite painful! YOUCH! I'd act like a cry baby too if I hurt my ankle like that! Make sure your hubby takes good care of you and your ankle! I'd probably lay on the sofa all day with a little bell, and ring it when I needed something! :lol: (Not trying to give you any ideas or anything) lol ;)

angel4real - I would be TOTALLY upset too! I cannot believe that first of all, he would have her sitting in the back of the van with the hatch open, then move it with her just sitting there! He must have really not been thinking about what *could have* happened, until it did. And then to not even bring her to the ER to get checked out, when she was complaining that it hurt. I agreee, very irresponsible. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. I know how those crutches are a bummer.

Well - I am off. I didn't get to Curves on Friday or Saturday so I NEED to go this week! But since they are closed today, I'll make sure to walk - with my pedometer this time.

Talk to ya'll later! Have a great day! :)

~ Kari ~

Revely 10-13-2003 02:46 PM

Curves Question

Hello there! I've been keeping up with this thread when I can, and have called my local Curves and made an appointment for a consulation later this week. However, it was impossible to get anything other than a canned answer out of them regarding cost! I must admit, I find this a bit off-putting, though I understand that they like to get you there before revealing the damage. Still, I'm in the process of changing banks and would like to know if this is something I should start at the beginning of November or what. The woman on the phone mentioned that I should "come prepared to make a decision" and I would actually like to do that, but I'm not the type to be pressured either. ;) Anyone here know the actual cost??

Any help would be appreciated. If not, I'll probably cancel my appointment until I can get some more information.

Thanks!

SunnyD57 10-13-2003 03:11 PM

WELCOME!

WELCOME REVELY! I can let you know what I paid here in OHIO.

There are three ways to pay:
The FIRST (most expensive) is to pay monthly & for me that was $39.00 (+tx - some places/states don't charge tax)

SECOND is to have them automatically take from your checking (or in my case they are charging my VISA ea mo) @ $29.00 (+tx) and

THIRD to pay in full for the year the day you come to sign up (which they do not offer unless you ask, because it is the cheapest way to go & I think they lose $ on it, so they don't offer unless you ask) & that fee is less then the $29.00 but I don't know by how much. I think it was $2.00 - $4.00 less each month that way.

**Oh and there is a fee you pay at the beginning too - usually $149.00, but in my case I was dicounted and only paid the $49.00 + the first payment.**

Now that I have really confused you :dizzy: I hope I have helped.

Once you get past all that and get going I think you will enjoy your Curves allot - I know I do! Also ask if they have someone on the floor at all times to show you how to use the machines till you get the hang of them too. I know that I got a real bad neck and shoulder pain from keeping my head up and not putting it all the way down on each machine. Once I did it right I didn't hurt anymore. I just asked someone to help me and they were great about it. Don't be afraid to ask questions, okay. It's the noisy wheel that gets the oil ;)

Hope that you go and at least give it a look-see. It is well worth your while.

Luck!
:sunny:

kari_berry 10-13-2003 03:17 PM

Hello Revely - http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_5_5.gif to our Curves thread.

I joined Curves on September 19th and I have LOVED it so far. It's the ONLY thing I've ever been able to stick to. But like you, I too was put off. Not because of your reason, but the lady who I dealt with was not very friendly. At my Curves though, the women were not pushy, and didn't try to "make" me buy a membership.

That seems wrong that they would not tell you any pricing information over the phone. Sounds like they really didn't want you to make up your mind by just one phone call.

So to clear a little bit of this up - here is some of the pricing information. (Some Curves are different, but this is what I've seen for most of them.)

You can pay month to month which will cost you $39 a month. With this membership, you cannot go to any other Curves gym. Only the gym you took the membership out at.

You can pay by having them take the money right out of your checking account EACH month. If you allow them to do this, it will only cost you $29.00 per month. You will also then be allowed to go to ANY curves that you would like.

And of course, you can pay for an ENTIRE year membership at a discounted price. (Usually about $350). Which is WAY better than $468 dollars for the $39 a month.

Also - when you FIRST sign up - there is a one time start of fee. It is *usually* $150 - but they ALWAYS have discounts, most the time half off. (For me, if cost exactly $114 to start my membership).

I personally choose to do the month to month out of my own pocket because, first of all I don't have a checking account. And second of all, I honestly do not want to commit myself for a year. You have to sign the contract before you even work out, so you don't really know if you'll like it or not. Everyone is different. I may have signed up, and payed for a WHOLE year, and not liked it. Then I'd be out 350 dollars. So I will continue to pay the 10 dollars more a month, because life happens. Who knows if you will be able to continue going?

I love Curves though, and I get a great work out. I wasn't too impressed with the people there, but like I've said, I am not buying the people, I am buying my membership to workout there, and get in shape. Curves is BETTER than any gym I have ever been to before.

If you have any other questions or concerns about Curves before you go to your consultation, please just post them here. Everyone is so helpful, and willing to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck to you, and I look forward to seeing you around here more often! :)

~ Kari ~

SunnyD57 10-13-2003 03:36 PM

:wave: Hi KARI ~ I just wanted to thank you for the great idea of the bell :lol: My hubby did take real good care of me - thanx. You are cute! I am doing so much better today!! I went back to Curves this morning and I did just fine. I had my ankle wrapped and wore an air-brace. I have what they call a phase two sprain. I just marched in place insetad of jogging and did fine. My ankle is in the ugly green stage of bruising, but it is so much better then it looks. Today we got our 9th machine in a new one for us :) It was great - it is an AB one. I look forward to having all 13 one day. I liked that little extra workout you get with another machine. I may go tomorrow morning to make up for the two I missed last week ( waiting to see how the leg feels).

:dance: I was thrilled to read your last post and see you so up and feeling good!! :cp: Keep up the great job!!

:lol: We must have been posting at the same time to answer REVELY's question... too funny. :lol: I agreed with you about everything as far as fee's and such. I love Curves!
Keep up the great job & feeling good!!

SunnyD57 10-13-2003 03:43 PM

Quote:

Sunny D. I hope that your ankle is feeling better. I saw the pic and that looks like a nasty sprain. My daughter has been on crutches for the last week, and even missed school because it was just too painful for her to get around on the crutches. The crutches cut into her and bruised her under her arms, Pretty nasty also. I was really upset about her spraining her ankle. She did it at her fathers’ house and it happened because he is an irresponsible adult. She was sitting in his van with the back open. And he decided to move the car with her sitting in it, with her legs hanging out the back, well it apparently drug one of her legs and resulted in a sprain. He's so lucky it didn’t break. I think I would have killed him. I am so mad at him for being so irresponsible. I was even madder because he took her home like that. He thought that she was over reacting. My mom took her to the emergency room after he dropped them off at home, and they x-rayed it and found that it was badly sprained. I felt so bad for her. She is now able to walk with out the crutches, but sill has pain. So I can just imagine what you are going through.
Hi ANGEL ~ As I mentioned to KARI I am doing so much better - THANK-YOU so much for asking!

How is your DD doing????!!!! I would have been so very upset too! Cannot say that I blame you for your feelings one bit! He really should have taken her to the hospital when she complained. You just cannot ever tell with children and when there's doubt - just take them in. "What waas he thinkin'?" Sounds like he just didn't want to be bothered... what a shame! I really do hope she is feeling better - sprains take so long to heal. I will be wearing a brace for a long time coming with this one I have.

How are you feeling??

Bev 10-13-2003 03:47 PM

If you pay for the year upfront you get 10% off. That is what I did. Bev

SunnyD57 10-13-2003 03:49 PM

Hello there ROSIEE ~ I just want you to know that I am thinking of you! *Prayers*

Hope you are feeling a little better today. Try to get to your workouts if you can - it really did help me when I went through all those losses! I just cannot see me "not going" to my workouts anymore. I was bumming so much when I couldn't go for those two days last week.

Hi BEV!!! :wave: Where are you??? Hope you are doing well and still going to your Curves.

SunnyD57 10-13-2003 04:03 PM

:lol: BEV ~ We posted at near the same time... :lol:

Joe & I had such a nice weekend... we went with our friends to the Apple Butter Festival in Burton, Oh. and saw some awesome colors in our tree's and some Hot air balloons (Beautiful!) and some really different kites!! Yes, kites... it was perfect weather for it all! Saw many crafters, and flea market finds - I just gimped my way though and enjoyed it all. There was no way I was going to stay home with such awesome weather. Yesterday my hubby went to see a football game at the Cleveland Statium... his first time there since it was built. I could climb all those stairs, so he went with my girlfriend, Peggy. They both were like a couple of kids... so happy about going to see a live game! I was so happy for them. And we won too! A great game to see. I watched on the telly... with my leg up from all the walking I did the day before. Today is beautiful too... warm and so sunny and the colors! Awesome!

What did you all do? Did you have fun??
Hope it was a great weekend for you all too!
God Bless you all!
:sunny:

Our tree:

Bev 10-13-2003 04:44 PM

I didn;t do anything interesting this weekend. My daughter had a couple birthday parties this weekend so I took her there.

I was wondering what type of eatting program everyone is on? I do good with going to curves 3 times a week but I have a problem with my eatting. Bev