3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Curves #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/32632-curves-2-a.html)

angel4real 10-20-2003 01:45 AM

Andria: that is how I like to imagine it. It’s very comforting to me.
It helps me get through those not so good moments. When I start thinking about what is missing from my life. I remember when I was younger, i remember watching a movie it was a black and white if I’m not mistaken. In the movie, there was a scene of children up in heaven; it was babies who had not been born yet. And they were all playing together, when one was about to be born the child would say its goodbyes to the others and then they would leave. Then I think there was one that didn’t get born and got to stay behind in heaven. So that is where my imagery comes from. I have been trying to find out what the movie was, but no one seems to know. The other day I was mentioning it to my mom, and she remembers the movie that I was talking about but could not remember what it was called. I don’t even know who was in it. I wish I could see that movie again.

Vow, I see that you live in So Cal.. Where about do you live? I live in So Cal too.
Did I already ask you that? If I did, I must be losing it.

SunnyD, how is that ankle of yours doing? Better I hope!

Kari, how is that arm of yours? I hope that its feeling better.

Cassandra, You have been on my mind a lot I hope that everything is ok with you.

Ginger, Welcome to our group. I'm sorry that you have received those bad vibes from other boards. I hope that you never find any here. I know that you won’t on this thread anyways. This is a great group of women here. I hope that you feel at home here with us. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hello to all of those I didn’t mention by name

Ok, well I just bought the new Clay Aiken CD, and it doesn’t have lyrics. Uggh. I like a few of the songs he has on here, so now I'm off to see if I can find the lyrics on line.

SunnyD57 10-20-2003 12:14 PM

Afternoon!

A very good Monday afternoon!

Well, I went back to Curves this morning and boy did it every feel great! Although, I did feel like I was back for the first time after such broken weeks the last two weeks. The ankle is still tender, but I can work with it and it's so much better every day. Right now I have it being iced to keep down the swelling. Dumb sprains take so long to heal. On top of it all guys... I got the flu over the weekend (I think my resistance was low from the ankle and all)... it broke yesterday afternoon, but I was in bed by like 9:30 last night! And felt just fine this morning - tired, but fine. Today I am going to try & finish some projects I began last week and I have a goal to get the rest of the carpets throughout the house cleaned as well sometime through this week... the living-room carpet came out so nice! We got our new living-room set in :) Here is the link in case you all would like to see it (once I post a pic I cannot repeat it on another thread, so I'll give you the link). Hope you all like? There are three pictures.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...024#post473024

MIA ~ I too enjoyed what you said about the babies welcoming us into heaven... I am sorry I didn't mention it. So much to remember sometimes when I am posting. I watch classic movies all the time - so if I ever come across it I will be sure to let you know ;) I am doing so much better today - thank you so much for asking you are very sweet.

KARI ~ How's that arm feeling?? Did you go back to Curves? Don't forget to ask questions... in case they can help you. You may be doing something wrong. Sounds like it may have been a muscle strain... be careful. Hope you are better today, but if not - ask, okay.

GINGER ~ I am sorry if you got negitive vibes from the other places, but you won't here. We are all very happy for one another's successes!! :goodvibes We encourage here - not discourage! Good job and we hope you will stay with us and help us keep on track. I began to feel low about this sprained ankle & not being able to do Curves, so the last two weeks I strayed off my program for comfort (a terrible old habit!). Don't know if I gained weight (no scale here), but I know I don't feel as healthy! I am back on track again after going to my workout - wish me well.

ANDRIA ~ Thank you so much for your concern... I am doing so much better today. I will be wearing a brace all the time now while I workout at Curves. My ankle is just too weak to ever take the chance again. I finally took the air-cast off (Sat) and am able to walk without it, but have it wrapped very well. It is still very bruised, but now you can see my ankle bones again :)

Yes! I will post a picture of my niece when I have the first moment to. Her name is Mikala Rose. She was born at 8 lbs and is 20 1/2" long. I haven't seen her yet because I was ill with the flu this weekend, but am so much better today. So I will give it a day or so and then I will visit her at home... can't wait to see her!

:wave: Hello's to VOW, CASSANDRA-Where are you sweetie!!!??? Check in with us - you kinda left us all hanging? and ROSIEE, APRIL, BEV, LYNDA, GAYLE & SHERI! Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone - didn't mean to ;)

Make it a great day!!!!!

angel4real 10-20-2003 02:59 PM

SunnyD,
I really like your coffee table. that is really cool. we just got new bedroom furniture, my living room will be next, but here is my Bedroom furniture. Im really proud of myself, I made the comforter, pillow cases and throw pillows that you see on the bed too.

http://www.capnkirk.org/default.htm

Im glad to see you were feeling well enough to go tback to curves, just remember to take it easy for a while.

Ok, well I gotta get back to work

Mia

SunnyD57 10-20-2003 03:30 PM

MIA

Hi MIA ~ Love the bedroom furniture ~ it's really beautiful!! And so is the quilt set you made... you did a wonderful job in both areas - the furniture & the quilt/sham set! Hey cool Halloween decorations too! My favorite is the fireplace with the eyes http://www.gifs.net/animate/eyesbloodshot.gif!!!! I just decorate for FALL, with pumpkins and leaves; then I am all set for Thanksgiving ;)

Is that your sofa that you have the Halloween pillows on? (Which, by-the-way - are very cute too. Did you make them also?) The sofa looks very similar to our new sofa set. How has it worn? What type of fabric is it? Ours is suede in feel but made of polyester, so neat what they can do with fabrics today. Yes, we love the coffee-table too! Joe & I play allot of Scrabble during the winter months, so that table will be really nice. Glad you liked it. Me too :D

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think :)

kari_berry 10-20-2003 10:23 PM

Hello..

Hello everyone...I'm still here. :) Just haven't felt up to getting on the computer lately. But before I go to bed, I wanted to stop by and say "hi". :)

SunnyD57 - I'm glad you finally got back into Curves! I bet it feels great being able to work out again. :) Make sure to keep wearing those ankle braces so nothing like that happens again. ;)
I also LOVE your living room set! Looks like something I would pick out. We must have good taste! lol. :) And I love that table!

AngelForReal - I absolutly LOVE your bedroom set. And you did an awesome job on the quilt and shams! Wish I had such talent! :)

Cassandra - I hope everything is going okay for you! I've been kinda worried since we haven't seen you around. Keep in touch, and let us know how you are doing. We're all here to help support you! (((Hugs to you))) :grouphug:
-------------------------------------------------------------

My arm has been feeling much better, thanks for asking. Must have just pulled it the wrong way, or something. I'll definatly try and figure out what I did wrong. I think I know which piece of equiptment it was, so I'll ask them if I am using it right or not.

Today was an okay day. Didn't really do anything. I didn't go to Curves. I just didn't feel like it today, though I wish I would have gone. Instead, I stayed home and ate. Ate...and ate. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been doing SO good with eating, but today I just totally freaked out and ate anything that I could. Grrrr...I need self control. I WILL work on this though. Tomorrow is a new day.

I did one good deed today though. After I picked up my niece from school, I went to the local red cross and donated some blood. :) I was always told not to donate, because I have deep vains, and they have a hard time getting any blood, but today I said "Phewy on that!" and I went in, just to see if they could get it. The phlebotomist got my vain on the first try (and it really didn't hurt.) Everything was successful up until the end. Near the end, they have to take like four little tubes of blood to test for certain diseases. She got one tube filled up, but by the second one, my blood would no longer come out. She said that my blood was starting to clot around where the needle was, and they couldn't get anymore blood from that arm. She told me that they would not be able to use my blood, unless they could fill up the rest of the test tubes. If they don't test the blood, they can't use it. Then she said, "Don't yell at me, but the only other way we can continue to use your blood, is if we get blood from your other arm." I think she was pretty surprised when I said "Yes". What's the point of taking all the blood, and not putting it to good use??? She told me that a lot of people get mad and leave, refusing to be poked twice. She was very nice to me. But there was another phlebotomist there, who wasn't very nice. She was looking at my arm and said, "All this for nothing - you're not even getting paid!" And she wasn't very friendly when she said it either. It's like...hello??? There IS a need for blood!

But I was a trooper, and afterwards, though both arms bruised and achy, I felt great! Plus I got juice and I took only one cookie (though they kept trying to get me to eat more!) lol. It was my very first time donating, and even though I had to be poked twice, it was well worth it, and you'll bet I'll be back in 56 days to donate again! :) Now I'm working on Ricardo, trying to get him to come with me next time. We'll see though!

Tomorrow morning, I am DEFINATLY going to Curves, NO MATTER what! :) I NEED to go...lol. No more slacking, or making excuses.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day. Happy curving!

~ Kari ~

aprilbride04 10-21-2003 09:12 AM

Hi everyone!!

Just got back from my morning workout at Curves - went yesterday as well. Going to Boston Thurs - Sat so I will only get three Curves workouts in this week. Going to try and get to the hotel gym on my trip...

QUESTIONS: I have been slacking these past few weeks...only going to Curves 3-4 days a week and not really doing any cardio...Do you all do cardio along with Curves or does anyone just do Curves? I am feeling like I need to get going on the cardio because I feel like Curves is getting easier (I am in my 4th week now). Does anyone else feel like Curves has gotten easier? I still feel the burns on the machines but I don't feel tired at the end of my workout anymore like I did the first few weeks.

QUESTION #2: Has anyone seen in Fitness Magazine the article about the new PowerBelt? According to Fitness, it burns up to 74% more calories when walking - you put it around your waist and pull the cords and it gives you a great upper body workout...I want to get one but before I spend $70 I want to hear about whether anyone has used it or not...I posted in Buyer Beware but haven't had any replies yet. If anyone has used it could you tell me if it is easy to use and if you feel like you get a good workout from it?

SunnyD - glad you are feeling better!!

Kari - my veins are just like yours!! I feel for you!! :)

Ok - gotta get ready for work or I am going to be REALLY late!!

SJR 10-21-2003 08:32 PM

HI gals,

I am still here. I don't usually have a lot to talk about, but I do read this thread everyday!! Been getting my 3x in a week at Curves. Hopefully after this week I can get in more. My daughter is finally done field hockey, and my son only has one more week left of football. After that I should get a few weeks to me before the next sport starts. Actually my daughter is still deciding whether to play basketball this year or not. Her ankle still bothers her (after almost 2 months!). She is a big girl, so I am sure the extra weight on it doesn't help. She loves sports, but her size makes her slow (that's while goalie in field hockey is perfect for her). It won't hurt my feelings if she gives up basketball, but it will be her choice. She really needs to work, because she will have her license at the end of November. That leads me to what I am going through right now. My daughter is a really good girl and doesn't go out or even have a boyfriend. Most of her friends do and I know some of them drink. I am really going through a dilemma with this car thing. I am pretty sure she will make good choices, but a parent still worries.:?: Today a boy in her class died from a car accident. I don't know the whole story, but she has heard that he had a seizure and hit a tree. The fact is that his parents had to take him off life support. Whether there were any substances involved or not, it was still a car accident. Gosh, I need to stop this. I'm going to drive myself crazy!!

Enough, you do your best to raise them, but at some point the choice is in their hands!! Now if we're all around in 3 years, when my son gets his license, you'll all love those stories. He is my "grey hair" child!:lol:

I really wish I had time to post individually, but want you all to know I read your posts and am thinking of you all.

Gotta get some laundry done, then off to bed.

Rosiee 10-22-2003 10:25 AM

ok no more excuses this morning or this week...I am off to go curve. Have been painting my bedroom and bedroom furniture but that shouldnt keep me from going.

sjr...it sounds like u did a good job raising your daughter and I'm sure she will make the right choices with her driving. Course it is the other people it seems we have to worry about. I have 2 kids with cars that have been involved in accidents but was never their fault thank goodness, and it was older people that hit them so just say a little prayer as they leave the house each day and i'm sure she will be fine.

SunnyD57 10-22-2003 02:30 PM

Hello all!

http://www.recyclebingraphics.com/free/animals/cat.gifHello gang! What a crazy week so far... I went back to Curves on Monday -feeling just okay- after having the flu this past weekend and was so happy to be there, but when I got home this ankle began to act up and so did my gut! Today the ankle is feeling better, but I am still with a low grade fever from my gut-so I am home again. This is not the first time for me or new to me, so don't be concerned... it is just a pain! Literly! It is the Diverticulitis acting up! I have been eating our tomatoes from the garden and I think the seeds may have gotten caught in my lower intestine and gotten infected - again! Ever since my car accident and surgeries I have dealt with this. I could go in for another surgery, but I put off what I can for as long as I can when it comes to the Dr.s or hospitals. Anyway, I have been in bed all week (so far) trying to rest up from this attack - it's very exhausting. After I get though this bout I'll be just fine - like nothing was wrong. My Joe did tell me that when I go in for my physical this January he thinks I should have a scope done - uggg! I know he's right, but the thought!

Soooo... ... ... that's why I haven't been on for a couple days.

I spoke to my Mom last night for about an hour and a half - just chatting and killing time together (she lives in MAINE). She went in this morning @ 6:30 for her surgery @ 10:30 on her shoulder... I am so concerned! I love my Mom Dearly and hate the thought that she has to suffer. She'll be laid up for 6 - 7 weeks and then have 7 months of therapy. It's her right shoulder and she right handed. Poor mom... Sure would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for her and so would I... It all helps :)

KARI ~ Thanks so much for your encouragement. I wasn't able to go to Curves this morning, but am hoping that if I feel better tomorrow - I'll go then and Friday to make up for some times lost. I hate missing, but just have to get better first. I will always be wearing a wrap on that ankle from here on in - they won't allow me to workout there now without it, knowing my history of a weak right ankle.
:dizzy: I am just falling apart!!! :dizzy: !!! So glad you enjoyed the furniture :) As I mentioned on the other threads - I just love 'taking pictures' and sharing my world with everyone and so enjoy it when anyone else does too!!!

APRIL ~ As far as your questions... Q-1: I do my elliptical machine to get in another exercise when I don't go to Curves (when I am well!) and sometimes go for walks when the weather is good. But it has been said all you need is three times a week of a good 30 minutes and you should see results (ie: Curves)... if you don't then maybe just try adding a walk in when you can. But not feeling tired isn't such a bad thing at all - I think it just means that the workouts are doing their job and you are getting fit :) YEAH! :cp:
Q-2: Sorry - there - I cannot help you. I know nothing about the belt. Hope someone can help you! I hate to see you spending any kind of $ if you don't think it's going to help or that you'll stop using it. You are doing the right thing by not impulse buying and checking it out first... 'LUCK'!

Well Hello SHERI ~ Glad to hear that you are sticking with your workouts :)
My girlfriends daughter has just gotten her lisense and so far she is doing well, but we have some bad winters here in NE OHIO so she is really getting concerned about her driving her first winter to college & work and back each day. So far she has just kissed her good-bye and as she heads out the door she says a little prayer for her daughter... says there's not much else she can do - short of going with her (which she can't). I bet it is very hard to go through. I wish you well! Sounds like you have taught her well.

ROSIEE ~ Good to hear from you :) Also glad to hear that you have been busy, but going to Curves is a good thing. I so miss it when I cannot go! Let us know how things went for you :) Got any pictures you want to share of your bedroom project?? Sure love to see ;) Bet it looks nice.

:wave: :wave: HELLO'S TO ALL OF YOU!! :wave: :wave: Thinking of you - write when you can - don't forget us here ;) Hopefully you not posting is great news and you all are just very busy exercising and living life good!

God Bless!!

VOW 10-22-2003 02:54 PM

I've got my change of clothes with me at work today, and I'm gonna Curve on my way home tonight!

My poor knee has been giving me grief, so there won't be much energetic huffing and puffing....but at least I'll be CURVING!

WHY do body parts have to wear out?

Peace and painkillers,
~VOW

SunnyD57 10-22-2003 04:21 PM

http://www.wtv-zone.com/peaches/Gifs/2tag/swflower.gifHi! Just wanted to let you all know that my mom came through her surgery okay and they are saying she can go home sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Thank you so much for your thoughts!

! Now to vent ! My father has been home for the last 4 hours and didn't place a call to anyone (except my brother) to let us know how she's doing! Ugggggg! What was he thinking?! He was just happy to be home and didn't think about calling anyone - he frustrates me so much sometimes! Here I am worried sick about my Mom and he doesn't even bother to call - he's like "no news is good news, right?" --- NOT! :mad: He should have called me. When I call he doesn't always answer the phone, so I had to call my sister - and she lives across the street and she had not heard from him or my brother (it's the men in my family - they don't like phones!). It takes allot to get me this upset - but I really got upset (maybe it's because I am not feeling well).

Now to take a deep breath and feel good that she is okay and not worry about what wasn't done. I now know she is okay and should be home tomorrow. I also got a hospital phone number from my sister that I can call now. I was so concerned...
I hate being so far from her.

Thank you so much for giving me a place to vent this.
AND FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
You all are so kind!

VOW 10-22-2003 04:36 PM

To Sunny:

Men!

I find it much easier to cope, if I look upon the problems of men as being symptoms of their disability.

The disability, of course, being the "Y" Chromosome. There is so much GARBAGE attached to that "Y" Chromosome!

Try that. It will help your blood pressure! (and I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing fine!)

Peace and Prozac,
~VOW

SunnyD57 10-22-2003 05:12 PM

:lol: Thank-you VOW - short and to the point... you made me smile :lol:

kari_berry 10-22-2003 10:57 PM

Hello, hope everyone had a good day today!

It was cloudy and cold here in Michigan today, and the worst is yet to come. Winter isn't even here yet, and I'm already ready for spring! lol :lol:

SunnyD57 - I am happy to hear that your mother is doing well! I would have been just as frantic and upset if no one would have called me! Guys are good for that though, at times only thinking of themselves. Note: I agree 100% with VOW's theory on men's disability. :lol:

Today was kinda boring for me. I had to babysit DeAnna this morning and take her to school. When I got home, I slept until about 11:30 a.m. Then I got ready for work, and cleaned the house. I wanted to go to Curves today, but my arm is REALLY sore from donating blood the other day. (Below is a picture of the damage.) I plan on donating again, but hopefully it won't turn out like this bruise did! And each day it gets darker, and more red. I've been putting a heating pad on it like they said to do, but I don't think it helps much. Oh well. I'll try Curves again tomorrow.

Work went well for me today. Not too many people yelling, or complaining...so that was good. (sigh of relief). The supervisors have told me that I've been doing a great job of meeting my quotas, so *hopefully* one day they'll move me from the outbound call center, to the inbound. I'd much rather be answering the phone when people call, than having to call them! lol.

Anyways, I am off for the night. I need to get some zzzzz's in. Up tomorrow at 6:00 a.m.!

Have a good night everyone!

~ Kari ~

P.S. - I added a few more photos to my website, and a new link to my FitDay.com Journal :)

Revely 10-23-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by angel4real
Revelly, Did you ever make it to your appointment at curves? Let us know how it went!

Mia,

Yes, I'm going to Curves tonight for my first appointment! I had originally asked just for a tour of the place so I could check it out, but they said they'd do some other things as well. Anyone have any idea what those are, so I know what to wear? *g*

I'll let you all know how it goes.

kari_berry 10-23-2003 10:24 AM

Hello Revely,
Glad you are going to check out Curves tonight! :) When you go, they'll probably show you all of the equiptment, and how it works. Some places will allow you to come in, check everything out, and see if you like it. Where I went, they didn't ask, or even mention me trying out anything. They set up an appointment after I paid so I could try everything out. But it's great that they are letting you! :)

I would wear something comfortable that you *could* work out in. They may or may not have you use the machines, so I would be prepared. I normally wear a pair of workout pants that I bought from wal-mart. ($13.00) They are wide leg, and allow me to move around comfortably. And I usually wear an oversized t-shirt for comfort too. At times I bring my zip up grey sweatshirt just in case it is cold in there. I also bring my tennis shoes along with me. :)

Have fun tonight! I know you're going to love Curves! :)

angel4real 10-23-2003 04:35 PM

MOst Curves will offer you a free membership for 1 week for you to try to see how you like it before making the committment.

hope this one will let you. If they dont offer it to you, tell them you have a pass that's good for a week, then let me know and I'll mail you one that came in the back of my curves book.

Mia

Bev 10-23-2003 08:29 PM

Sunny D- have you had your first measurement yet? Bev

kari_berry 10-23-2003 09:46 PM

Really bummed...

Today was my first weight and measure day. All I can say is that I'm bummed. And it's my own fault!

Today I weighed in at 264.5 lbs. Up 2.5 lbs since I've been there! It's because I have been eating anything, and everything! I should have expected it, but it still made me feel bummed.

My measurements were not good either. She measured and said I gained:

.75 in my waist
.50 in my abdomen
.25 in my hips

for an increase of 1.50 inches in a month.

PLUS she said a .10% increase in body fat. grrrrr.

Though she did say that the girl who measured me the first time could have messed up because she was new. Still, I have to assume it is right.

This has made me realize though that I will get NO WHERE unless I change my eating habits. So today, I feel as if I did really well. I could have eaten more veggies/fruit, but I haven't. But still, it wasn't a bad day food wise.

For now on, I have to try my hardest!
Tomorrow is a new day!

~ Kari ~

Bev 10-23-2003 10:19 PM

Today was also my first measurement day. It was not as good as I had hoped but I did ok I quess.

Lost- 2 lbs
total inches lost- 3 ( I was hoping for more)
body fat lost- .40%

Hopefully I will lost more next month.

Ok I have a question for those of us who are big busted-- Do you know of any good bras.

bev

kari_berry 10-23-2003 11:03 PM

I just thought I'd chime in real quick on the Bra subject...lol

First of all, I always wear underwire. I have a large bust, and I feel as if I get more support with underwire. My last bra had an underwire, but it was mostly cotton, and I was sagging quite a bit. Most thin cotton ones do. So I wanted/needed something with A LOT more support.

I went to Lane Bryant and shopped for a bra. The two I bought have a cup that is made out of a thick material. It doesn't exactly form to your cup size but it fits VERY comfortably. Some people would consider it a push up bra, but it does not push you up, and out. It really just lifts you up, and keeps you from sagging. And believe me, they work!

The first day I wore my bra, my fiance's sister-in-law noticed! Weird....but she asked me if I had a new bra! lol...I thought it was funny that she would notice that, but atleast I now know it is an improvement! lol.

I unfortunatly do not know what the name of the bra is, but the material where the cups are, are pretty thick, and somewhat padded. (Not that we need the extra padding, but it helps with the support! Trust me!) lol.

The bras cost quite a bit, I'm thinking about $30 - $40 each, but WELL worth it, because they have lasted longer, and given me MUCH more support. I feel much more confident with these bras. :)

Rosiee 10-24-2003 11:18 AM

Bev...if you will look further down the threads under exercise there is a post from MrsK about a sports bra she found that was suppose to be very good. I think she said she wore a 'g' cup

SunnyD57 10-24-2003 11:30 AM

Do not post here...

STOP...

Do not Post here - go to
CURVES #3 and join us there :)

Link Below for CURVES #3 ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33589

beenie 10-27-2003 10:16 PM

hi my name is beenie, ive been going to weight watchers and wanted to join curves so if you can give me any advice i would like it very much and i was wondering if they have night hours sine i work during the day ty beenie.

SunnyD57 10-28-2003 06:06 AM

BEENIE

Welcome BEENIE! :)

You are on the wrong thread, sweetie...
LOOK above at MY last post - there you will see a link (it's in gray)
click on it and it will take you to where we are now - CURVES #3 .

SEE YOU THERE ;)
:sunny: