Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 03:43 PM   #76  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Quote:
Sunny D. I hope that your ankle is feeling better. I saw the pic and that looks like a nasty sprain. My daughter has been on crutches for the last week, and even missed school because it was just too painful for her to get around on the crutches. The crutches cut into her and bruised her under her arms, Pretty nasty also. I was really upset about her spraining her ankle. She did it at her fathers’ house and it happened because he is an irresponsible adult. She was sitting in his van with the back open. And he decided to move the car with her sitting in it, with her legs hanging out the back, well it apparently drug one of her legs and resulted in a sprain. He's so lucky it didn’t break. I think I would have killed him. I am so mad at him for being so irresponsible. I was even madder because he took her home like that. He thought that she was over reacting. My mom took her to the emergency room after he dropped them off at home, and they x-rayed it and found that it was badly sprained. I felt so bad for her. She is now able to walk with out the crutches, but sill has pain. So I can just imagine what you are going through.
Hi ANGEL ~ As I mentioned to KARI I am doing so much better - THANK-YOU so much for asking!

How is your DD doing????!!!! I would have been so very upset too! Cannot say that I blame you for your feelings one bit! He really should have taken her to the hospital when she complained. You just cannot ever tell with children and when there's doubt - just take them in. "What waas he thinkin'?" Sounds like he just didn't want to be bothered... what a shame! I really do hope she is feeling better - sprains take so long to heal. I will be wearing a brace for a long time coming with this one I have.

How are you feeling??
Old 10-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #77  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

If you pay for the year upfront you get 10% off. That is what I did. Bev
Old 10-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #78  

Angry

Hello there ROSIEE ~ I just want you to know that I am thinking of you! *Prayers*

Hope you are feeling a little better today. Try to get to your workouts if you can - it really did help me when I went through all those losses! I just cannot see me "not going" to my workouts anymore. I was bumming so much when I couldn't go for those two days last week.

Hi BEV!!! Where are you??? Hope you are doing well and still going to your Curves.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:03 PM   #79  

Angry

BEV ~ We posted at near the same time...

Joe & I had such a nice weekend... we went with our friends to the Apple Butter Festival in Burton, Oh. and saw some awesome colors in our tree's and some Hot air balloons (Beautiful!) and some really different kites!! Yes, kites... it was perfect weather for it all! Saw many crafters, and flea market finds - I just gimped my way though and enjoyed it all. There was no way I was going to stay home with such awesome weather. Yesterday my hubby went to see a football game at the Cleveland Statium... his first time there since it was built. I could climb all those stairs, so he went with my girlfriend, Peggy. They both were like a couple of kids... so happy about going to see a live game! I was so happy for them. And we won too! A great game to see. I watched on the telly... with my leg up from all the walking I did the day before. Today is beautiful too... warm and so sunny and the colors! Awesome!

What did you all do? Did you have fun??
Hope it was a great weekend for you all too!
God Bless you all!

Our tree:
Old 10-13-2003, 04:44 PM   #80  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I didn;t do anything interesting this weekend. My daughter had a couple birthday parties this weekend so I took her there.

I was wondering what type of eatting program everyone is on? I do good with going to curves 3 times a week but I have a problem with my eatting. Bev
Old 10-13-2003, 09:22 PM   #81  

Sunny,
I am glad to hear that you got up and around this weekend. The apple butter festival sound like it would be right up my ally. My parents went to the apple festival in the Blue Ridge Mountains Ga. Sounds fun, I wish Todd would take me. Speaking of Todd, I am so proud of him. He went and took his Certification test to be a CCNA (Cisco Certifed Network Associate). He is all in to these computers. We have been studying like dogs for months. I am so proud. This is a major accomplishment for him!

Hope everyone is doing great!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 10:03 PM   #82  

Angry Hi...

CASSANDRA ~ Always good to hear from you. Yes! The festival was so much fun and absolutely beautiful! It was the kind of day you wish would last forever.

Yeaaaa Todd!
Old 10-13-2003, 10:50 PM   #83  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day so far. I wish the temperature was warmer so I could lay out in the sun... but I'll take what I can get..lol

I'm glad your ankle is feeling better SunnyD57 The apple butter festival sounds like a blast! We have a local place here in Michigan called "apple charlies" and we go there every year. We pick apples, buy apple cider, and donuts. They have horse carriage rides, and a nice petting farm for the kids. I wish they had things like craft shows though. I LOVE going to craft shows.

And Cassandra, tell Todd - - > What an awesome accomplishment!

My weekend was fairly boring. Worked Saturday, then went to my Niece's birthday party and ate all kinds of fatty foods. On Sunday I hung around the house all day and really did nothing. If Curves were open I would have been there, but no, they are not open on Sundays. Though the lady at Curves did mention that they were *thinking* about Sundays, but later in the day because of Church. I'm not sure if that will happen though. I hope so!

This morning, I slept in until about 10:15. (I love working the late afternoon shift at work because I get to sleep!) Then I got ready and went to Curves. Today I was SO exhausted working out. I thought I was going to keel over and die!!! I don't know if it was because I had been away from Curves for about 3 days, or just because I was working harder. Phew...I was sweating and I could really feel the burn today!

Other good news...I FINALLY broke the 262 barrier!!! When I weighed myself at Curves today, I was at 261 lbs...WOO HOO... One pound, is one pound.

Today I also turned in my slip for the free "Curves Member Guide" book. It's a nice book, and it has a lot of information in it. The Curves diet plan is also in there, but there is NO WAY I could ever stick to it. Not that I think I couldn't do it...I just wouldn't want to. It's pretty much a low carb thing. I'm trying to cut down on carbs, but I need more than 20 grams a day lol

Work this evening was a little stressful. I had to learn a new program at work, and the computer just wasn't working well with me..lol. I actually got frustrated, packed up an hour early, and went home..lol.

So things have been going okay. I've been in a pretty good mood so far. I think Curves really makes me feel good about myself, and increases my self esteem. *A good reason to go!*

Well, that's it for this evening. I have to wake up early and take Ricardo to work. He doesn't have enough gas in his truck to get there and he doesn't get paid until Friday..lol...so I get the honors of taking him.

~ Kari ~
Old 10-14-2003, 01:24 AM   #84  

The prayers are much appreciated sunny. Had the funeral today. Got through it pretty good until they sang amazing grace. I cant listen to that song without tearing up as it is heh. So hopefully tomorrow will be back to curves.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:31 AM   #85  

sorry was reading the last few post and missed a thank u to mia.

revely...my curves offered a free 1 week trial to see if I liked it. see if they do that at the one your looking at too. the 'be ready to make a decision' comment seems a little pushy to me.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:45 AM   #86  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I haven't been to Curves in almost a week! Ack!
Last week was a disaster between jobs and getting ready for our BMX track grand opening here in town. I was running around so much I ended up limping and having to put my leg up in the evenings.
I planned to be back at Curves bright and early yesterday morning, but my car has decided to not start. I had the battery checked, and it has gone bad. From just fine to bad in the space of about 5 minutes. I'm not kidding! I made two short trips around town and at the third, my car wouldn't start. We got it home, but it hasn't started again since. Yes, I'm whining. I wanted to be at workout this morning instead of waiting for DH to get home from school and bringing the new battery. Next thing to pray for is that it is only the battery and not any other problems with the electrical system. Until DH finds another full-time job, things are really tight here, and I can't afford any other problems.
Curves helps keep me from stressing over everything else in my life. Many things in life are beyond my control, but that usually doesn't stop me from worrying over them. Well, working out keeps life in perspective for me. Working out at Curves makes it fun as well. I've been to plenty of gyms and really enjoyed their programs, but this is the first time I've seen real results, and I should actually say really amazing results.
Now, for my honey to get back home with that battery. I need my sanity break today!

Kari, I thought the same thing when I first read the Curves diet plan, but after a while and a bunch of other women there losing tons of weight, I decided to give it a shot. The first few days were kind of rough because I am such a total carb addict (didn't realize it until I wasn't eating them!), but after that, it just wasn't a big deal. Besides, you actually eat a whole lot more than 20 grams a day because of all the free foods. The shake is also 20 grams, but you don't count those either. The most amazing thing of it all is the maintenance program. I have seriously NEVER gone off a diet and not gained all the weight back within a short period of time. After the first week and a half of maintenance, I haven't gained more than a quarter pound back, and have actually lost another 4 lbs, and I'm eating about whatever I want. Anyway, that was long, but I thought the diet deserved the plug.

Sunny, how are you up and moving around at all on that ankle! The picture looked so incredibly painful. Take it slow, chick. The apple butter festival sounded like a blast.

Rosiee, I'm a bit late, but wanted to offer my condolences as well. *HUGS*

Cassandra, to your honey on getting his CCNA done! That really is a huge accomplishment.

Revely, I'd suggest just going in and getting the info up front from your Curves as to pricing and whatnot. It really is hard to explain it all over the phone. They might not have been trying to pressure you? Not sure, but I hope not. At ours they wanted me to sign up that day, but I explained that my dh wasn't there and we make all those decisions together. They let me take the paperwork home, and I signed up the next day. I did the year with automatic withdrawal and haven't looked back once.

I've got to hurry and finish getting ready for work here. Thank goodness I can walk to this first job!

Andria
Old 10-14-2003, 06:24 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Sheesh, It’s more expensive here in California. I do the automatic monthly, and its $39 a month. I wish it was only $29. But then again, it depends on each curves I believe,

SunnyD: DD is doing much, much better, she is now able to walk on it again, but she still has a limp. My sons are calling her limpy. Lol Thank you for asking. Sunny, the problem was that her dad was NOT thinking, but that doesn’t surprise me one bit!

Cassandra, congrats to Todd on his CCNA, My bf is also a CCNA, and he is currently studying for his MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. I also work in computers, but I don’t have any certs. I’m not good at tests. I know I could make more money if I had my certs, but I don’t study well.

Kari, Congrats on breaking the 262. Feels great doesn’t it?
I get excited with every half pound that I lose.
Kari, I do the Atkins diet, and the low carb things isn’t as bad as you think it is. There are so many companies out there that have jumped on the low carb bandwagon that you really don’t feel like you are dieting. I can have a hamburger with a bun, and Atkins has low carb bread, and there is a company out there that manufactur Low carb tortillas. Last night for dinner, we had burritos. I started doing Atkins in July,k and I have lost 24 pounds. Oh yeah and there is even a low carb margarita mix. yummy

Rosiee, You’re welcome!

Ok back to work for me.

Mia
Old 10-14-2003, 06:57 PM   #88  

Angel, Todd has his MCP, MCSE, and CCNA. He is studying (again) to get recertified as a MCSE. I think after he does this he will do A+. My brain would be fried by now if I did that. I am not very computer literate but I sure can post on 3FC!!

Thanks for all the "Congrats" for Todd. I will make him read this when he gets home.

Did someone say MARGARITA MIX???? I sure need it after the day I had!!! You think I would be happy since yesterday was a state employee holiday, but like the old saying goes...give me an inch and I will want a mile.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:51 PM   #89  

Default please read

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33216

I posted in the depression forum. Please read and give me your advice. I wanted to hear from people who "know" me too.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:31 PM   #90  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Gosh, you know how you read something and really want to reply, but don't have any idea what to say?? Cassandra, I wish I could help with words of wisdom, but they escape me. I guess I really don't know what PCOS is to begin with. I hope someone that knows what you are going thru gives you the words of wisdom you need. All I can say is that I am here to listen!!

SunnyD & Angel: Ok, this must be ankle season. My daughter inverted her ankle the beginning of September playing football with a group of kids. It ruined her field hockey season and she is still limping. Her ankle turned purple too, and the top of her foot down between her toes turned black. It was pretty gross, but is getting better. Ice and rest were the only things that helped her. Of course, she didn't rest it much!!

I can't believe how many posts this thread receives in a day!! I'm way behind, and apologize.

Have to run, but I wanted to let Cassandra know that I was hearing her!
Closed Thread