Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 06:32 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WOW! What happened ladies? Where is everyone?

Just a quick Hi to all. I don't have time to post but wanted to say Hi and say that I am still hanging in there.

Hope to see some posts from everyone soon. Well, gotta go but I will try and check back later this evening but if not tomorrow for sure.

Hope everyone is having a great day. TTFN
Old 08-20-2003, 10:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies, I too am off the wagon. Not totally! I'm drinking my water and nopt binge eating or doing lots of sweets, but few cals are coming from fruits and vegs. I always get so caught up in the NUMBERS. I can say that my goal is a low number and doable, but in my head I always want to beat the month before and when life hits ( getting ready for Sun. school, soccer board, school prep. for my own kids etc..) the time is not there to "beat" last month and I get discouraged and quit. I do have a plan in place to start again when school starts ( Sept. 3rd ) I've been reading about childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. 2 of my children are on the heavy side and I don't want them to go through what I went through so my plan is going to include my eating plan for everyone. Not just me. I plan to start with getting rid of the processed sugars and simple carbs at home and see what a difference it makes. If need be I will pack their lunches. I'm not putting them on diets I'm just going to explain that for our hearts and everything we all need to eat healthier. Pray for me - they're not going to like 7 grain bread over squishy white! Thanks for being here. Let's think of a really snappy Sept. name and hang in here!!!!

Kristi
Old 08-20-2003, 10:52 PM   #33  
One day at a time

Hi to everyone, Kristi, Kirsten, Janine, Noelle, Jenifer and anyone I may have missed. Hope all is well with you guys.

I said I would post today so here I am of course this too will be a short one. I am too pooped so I will post more tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:12 PM   #34  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies!

Kristi, Noelle, Jenifer, Kristen, Janine, Jackie and anyone I may have missed I hope alls well with you all.

Kristi, I too get caught up with the numbers, that is one reason I can't keep my stats on my signature. I think if I see them it will help but then looking at it so much only makes it worse so I take them off. I will probably put them up again and leave them maybe if I get disgusted enough it will make me work harder. Anyway, several books I have read have said to either throw the scales away or only weigh once a month. I don't feel I can do that as yet. But this month I haven't weighed as much. As far as the exercise goals I do the same. I know the goals I make are doable but are they necessary? I don't know. I haven't exercised as much and I am doing fine so what is the point in trying to kill ourselves. I will get back to working out but I am not going to try and kill myself. I think I can do 3-4 days a week for life but I am not so sure about 5 or 6, and I know this is a lifetime thing. I am proud of you for helping your children, WTG! I think you have already gotten a good start by them walking and riding with you. It seemed like they and you enjoyed that so much and once all the school activities begin that will be a bonus. I do think they will learn to like the foods you give them. As long as they know you are trying to help them and the rest of the family, and they know it is for their health, I think it will be fine. I think when parents treat others different by giving some of the children different meals that is when they don't like it because they don't think it is fair. So the whole family getting the same meals/foods is a good thing and I am sure you will do fine.

I am surprised there hasn't been much activity here. Of course I too have been MIA for a while. I decided to take a break from all this, measuring, weighing and exercising, not sure why but I woke up one morning and had had enough. I'm not saying I was quitting but felt I needed a break from all this. I will NEVER quit. I was just tired of exercising so much and it wasn't doing me anygood as far as losing. Needless to say I probably won't make this goal either, but I could come very close. I am slowly getting back on track though. Even though I decided to not get on the scales I broke down and got on a couple of days ago, thought I better see the damage I have done. It showed a 2 pound gain but I figure I have been maintaining because I weighed after lunch so two meals, plus clothes and add to that TOM I figure I haven't done so bad, which is good. I was so afraid that I had gained a lot. Anyway, that's about all I have. Hope everyone is doing good. Take care ladies. TTFN

August Goal~50 miles
8/19/03~2 miles
8/21/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~24.60
Miles to go~25.40

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-21-2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:35 AM   #35  

Well, back from vacation and so far the scale is being kind to me. I wonder what will happen with everything catches up with me! I did some pretty bad things while on vacation (diet wise). I assisted in killing 2½ bottles of Captain Morgans, ate Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, Double Fudge Chocolate cake, Porterhouse Steak, loads of potato and mac salad though it was made with Fat Free Miracle Whip.
I did manage to get out one morning and do a 44 minute walk with Melissa Ethridge! I have no idea how far I walked but I was really tired when I got back. I also did lots of trips back and forth from the water's edge and the cottage for water, beer, diet pop/soda. I did try and drink lots of water and didn't start with The Captain till supper time!
So now school starts in just 9 short days so I hope to get back on track since I will have an actual schedule going!
If you want to see my vacation pics here is a link!
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...d=212511510103
Old 08-25-2003, 02:30 PM   #36  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies

Well, I am back on track as of today. My short little break or what ever you want to call it is over. Time to get back to work with this weight loss. I actually got an early start this morning and managed to get everything done this morning. Well, I still have a couple of loads of laundry to finish but the house is clean the exercise is done and as soon as I get off this thing I am going to get some reading done. I need to finish the BFL (Body For Life) book since I am going to give it a try starting September 1. I have got to get this weight off!

Janine, I completely forgot you were going on vacation. From the photos it looks like you guys had a wonderful time at the beach! Nice photos by the way. Where did you guys go?

Hi to EVERYONE. I hope you all are doing fine and having a great day. Take care ladies. TTFN
Old 08-26-2003, 12:26 PM   #37  
One day at a time

Just checking in to see if anyone has posted. Hope everyone is fine and doing well. Take care

August Goal~50 miles
8/25/03~2 miles
8/26/03~3 miles
Total Miles 8/03~29.60
Miles to go~20.40

Might make my goal after all.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #38  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Unhappy Cristi

I read daily, but I rarely post. I suck. Mary in West Virginia
Old 08-26-2003, 05:03 PM   #39  
One day at a time

Lurking a bit and thought I would drop by with another Hi for the day.

Mary, don't be so hard on yourself. You DON'T suck! And I am glad to see you posted and to hear that you read the posts daily. How are you doing? We have missed you around here, as well as everyone else. Hope to see you posting more. Take care.

Later ladies...
Old 08-27-2003, 12:27 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Angry Good Morning!

Just adding my miles for the day. Have a good one ladies! TTFN

August Goal~50 miles
8/27/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~31.60
Miles to go~18.40
Old 08-27-2003, 03:20 PM   #41  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. I am having a terrible month .

Cristi, bravo to you for still getting out there and walking. This goes for all of you others out there making the effort.

Unfortunately, I can probably count on one hand the # of days I have been out and walking in the evenings. Exercising and eating right have fallen by the wayside for me. I haven't forgotten you ladies in fact I think of you often (guiltily) . I just haven't had much to post about on the exercise front. Bad me! Anyway, I hope to make the rest of the month better and get my butt out there and walk. September I will start totally fresh.

Take care of yourselves!
Old 08-28-2003, 02:34 PM   #42  
One day at a time

Thanks Noelle! I refuse to quit, I may take a break every now and then but I will never quit till I lose this weight. Of course I won''t be able to quit then either because it will be a lifetime thing to maintain. However, I am not going to try and kill myself doing it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

August Goal~50 miles
8/28/03~2 miles
Total Miles 8/03~33.60
Miles to go~16.40

May do another mile sometime this evening and will edit if so.Take care ladies and have a great Labor Day weekend!
Old 08-30-2003, 11:26 PM   #43  

Default BRAVO!!!!!!!

You guys all sound like you're doing a great job!! I have been around, but just not posting. You know I was soooooo excited about all of this in the beginning, and now......well. I'm trying to get this motivation back. I'm also trying to get things in my life on one path, it's slow, but I thinks it's finally heading that way. Started new classes, joined flylady to get organized, and getting back in the groove.....I hope. If it's okay, I'll see you all in a couple days for the September challenge. I missed ya!
Old 08-31-2003, 07:23 PM   #44  

Well, almost time for school to start and for me to finally be able to get on some kind of a schedule. Can't wait for this to happen! For more than this one reason also!
Anyone have a new name for our group? I suggest September Slimmers. Anyone else with any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2003, 11:05 PM   #45  
One day at a time

DO NOT POST HERE!!!!

GO to our NEW Thread SEPTEMBER SPARKLERS!

See ya there!
Closed Thread