Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 06:29 PM   #31  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

25 minute walk with the stroller. I picked streets with no sidewalks. Curbs take the fun out of walking! I will get out again tonight if honey is home on time, if not, I walk the stairs!
Old 03-14-2003, 07:27 PM   #32  

Default Hey

Janine- Take care of the back first. Walking can be done later
Belle- Good for you ..It is good training for DD too.60 miles a month. I never really looked at it that way.
Meleka- Thanks for the motivation. Keep up your good work.
I walked my regular route. I went 2 1/2 miles. I used to be able to do 4 miles about a couple years ago. I guess like everything else ,I am just slowing down.I am thankful to be able to do that at 70 yrs young..
Bye for now ...Joanne
Old 03-14-2003, 10:58 PM   #33  
you can call me flower

I walked another 55 minutes. Had to attempt to burn some dinner calories. I had to slow down twice cause I was almost out of breath. I walk faster when it is dark out!
Old 03-15-2003, 08:28 AM   #34  

I feel better this morning but then it is only morning. Maybe I can get in a walk today. Will have to see how my back feels as the day goes on. Last night I was in alot of discomfort but that is natural after just having an adjustment when things are so tight. When the Dr. was able to get things to move in my spine it went with quite a crack!!!!!!!! Hope Monday's adjustment goes smoother than Friday's. KWIM!
Old 03-15-2003, 12:25 PM   #35  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down What's shaking??

Hello ladies. Janine, sorry to hear about your back. That can't be fun. Hope you feel better with your next adjustment. Your treadmill will still be there or even better yet, have your temps warmed up enough to go walking outside?

Flower, I prefer to walk in the evenings too when it's much cooler. I would like to walk w/my son but my route involves a whole lotta hills. I would take twice as long if I pushed him in a stroller (which I have done)--not to mention he's 4 years old and 40 lbs. Kind of too big to be in the stroller I have, yet too little to walk the whole route. You are doing awesome! Twice a day walking even, woohoo!

Belle I like your idea of 60 miles a month goal. I think I'll try that next month. I normally get out every weekday + 1 weekend day so that should be totally doable for me. Walking outdoors is good family time too.

Joanne you're fabulous. Keep on keeping on.

Yesterday I got my regular route in of 3.5 miles + walked the boy to school. Today I'm getting ready to set out for a quick one around the block. Oh yes, with the little extra walking I've been doing I'm down 3 lbs this week! Yahoo! Have a great weekend all.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:05 PM   #36  

Quote:
Hello ladies. Janine, sorry to hear about your back. That can't be fun. Hope you feel better with your next adjustment. Your treadmill will still be there or even better yet, have your temps warmed up enough to go walking outside?
It is in the mid 40's but I am not walking outside. I have the boys and would have to drag them with me. We have no sidewalks here where I live and the speed limit is to high along with no shoulders so no walking on the local roads. I would have to drive to a trail to walk and I know they are still covered with snow and yuck. DH will not be home till after dark and I am not gonna go then either. That is the reason I got the treadmill to begin with.
As the day has been going on my back is aching more and more. No walking today for me.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #37  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- I walked 2 miles on the treadmill. I don't like the boredom of the treadmill,but , I felt I should do it today. I wasn't up to going the route outside. Weekends are rough with all the traffic . I live 1 1/2 miles from the beach and I usually walk there and back. Everybody else is on their way there too. I have another route around the bayous but once you start you have to finish. Tomorrow I'll try that one. Not as many cars maybe.

Bye....Joanne
Old 03-16-2003, 12:03 AM   #38  
you can call me flower

well, tonight was suppose to be a nice 1.5 walk with my dads dog. But he wanted to run the entire way. My throat is killing me! But I feel good!
Old 03-16-2003, 03:14 PM   #39  
so close, yet so far...

Default It's Tough, but I did it

Hello all. My Sunday walks are usually first thing in the morning instead of the evening. My hubby had to work today so I ended up having to take my son w/me in the stroller. I was not looking forward to it but I really wanted to get out there. I pushed his 40 lbs around my regular route up some hills and back, through a little drizzle and it wasn't as bad as I remember it. I must be in better cardio-shape than I thought. So with that out of the way, I can get on with my day.

++Feeling good so I may just get another walk in this evening.

Have a great Sunday!

~~Noelle
Old 03-16-2003, 05:10 PM   #40  
you can call me flower

I walked to the park, took 5 laps around the path and walked home for a total of 45 minutes.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:55 PM   #41  

Default Hey There

Hello All- I went the route to the beach today. Made it in 55 min. I guess it is getting easier. I didn't walk for almost a year. It is amazing how out of shape you can get in that time. ...Joanne
Old 03-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #42  

Hi girls... just have to say stepping up my walking time is the only thing that moved my weight down few pounds.... and maybe eating soy-nuts instead of salt snacks.But I have been walking and going to the gym for 3 years and all of the sudden it is starting to go...... I must not get too confident though, I'll just get lazy.... I have to weigh in tommorow.... we'll see if I've lost another pound.... anyway walk faster... and it seems to help me.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:41 PM   #43  
you can call me flower

2nd walk of the day. The dog walked me, we went a 12 minute mile. Yeah!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 01:26 AM   #44  
so close, yet so far...

I got a 2nd walk in too . I tried to walk my sister's dog but he didn't want to budge. He kept turning around looking for her (he has issues) . Went through my regular route of 3.5 miles w/out the kid this time. I got in 7 miles in 1 day! I am feeling pumped!

Keep it up everyone. It does get easier and it is worth it.

Ruthdee good luck on your weigh-in!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:16 AM   #45  

Hey, everyone
Doesn't seem like I can get here every day to post, so i'll try to catch up. Over the weekend I walked 5.5 miles, between the two days, and this morning I walked around the lake in town...3+ laps which is about 3.5 miles ...DD met me on his way to work and walked the third lap with me
March Miles: 29 down.......31 to go

Have a great Monday!
Gina Belle
245/195/128
Closed Thread