Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 01:35 PM   #76  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. I have walked every day for 2 weeks straight. I usually take Saturday's off but since I tend to go off plan during the weekends I have taken to getting a Saturday morning walk w/my son. I've just gotten back from a 3 mi. while pushing a stroller. I'm feeling great. On top of that I'm down another 2 lbs from last week--bringing me down 39 lbs total . I think I'll set a goal for April to walk 65 miles...keep walking everybody! Have a good weekend.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:25 PM   #77  

Default Hey There

Melekalikimaka- That is a really long name..Good for you on the weight loss. I was up a pound last weigh in but that was my own fault. I am adicted to the bagged junk food. I am trying harder this week. I only have 17 more lbs to lose. It is really hard for me. I think it is much easier for you young girls.
I walked 2 miles today.
Hello everyone....Joanne
Old 03-31-2003, 07:09 PM   #78  

Default Hi

I walked my 2 1/2 miles today.. It was a little cool with the wind coming off the water. I live near the Gulf of Mexico and there are a couple bauous that I walk around when I don't go straight to the beach and walk. Both rts. are 2 1/2 miles. I am hurting and had to take a long soak in hot water. The old bones are not cooperating. I have arthritis and maybe the change in weather has something to do with it. Whining will not help!Otherwise I feel good. Noe all I have to do is lose more wt.....Joanne
Old 03-31-2003, 07:21 PM   #79  
so close, yet so far...

Hey Joanne, I love reading your posts. You're very inspiring. Yes I'm on the younger side and my bones aren't giving me trouble (knock on wood), but it's the laziness factor that stops me. I didn't get a walk in yesterday since it was raining buckets most of the day. I do plan to get back on track today and get my regular evening walk. It's so humid here, the suns out and shining but no breeze to speak of, I think the clouds are coming back and we're expecting more rain. Oh well we need the rain to keep things green and beautiful. I'll make the best of it anyway. Good for you on getting that walk in. Take care of yourself.

Everyone else, keep walking!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #80  

Default Hey There

Noelle- Thanks for saying that I can inspire you. Now I need someone to inspire me. I didn't get to walk for the past couple days. One day my bones were hurting too much and today I was so busy I didn't think about it till it was time to cook supper and then it was too late. I'll try tomorrow. Keep up the good work.
I have a TOPs meeting tomorrow and I know I haven't done so well this week either. Yes , I need motivation and inspiration too.
Hello everybody..Joanne
Old 04-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #81  

Well, I am still having problems with my back but slowly getting better.
I did have a major puter problem and was without one for several days. Come to find out my power surge thingie failed and we had a surge and it burned my mother board. My puter was only 2 years old but in puter age that was old and they no longer make the mother board for my puter. I had to buy a new CPU. Finally got it together and everything up and running. One nice thing is that I will get getting a total of 15 free months of AOL and we also filed a claim with our homeowner's policy. The guy at the puter store said some damage may be covered. Haven't heard anything yet cuz the paperwork was just faxed to the adjuster today. I highly suggest that if you have a surge protector that is more than 2 years old to replace it. The guy at the store told me that after so many surges they fail. They can only handle so many surges. I didn't know that so...
Now for my walking. I haven't! I did one day but it really bothered my back so I am taking a bit of a break. One nice thing is that I am still loosing! I pay close attention to my diet and that is holding me to about 1 # loss a week. I can deal with that!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:17 PM   #82  

Default Hey There

Janine- I hope your back is better soon. I have had back problems since I was a teenager ,and that is a long time ago,so I know what that pain is like.. I have been told that walking strengthens the muscles in the back. You couldn't prove it by me. Walking is about the only exercise I get . I walked 2 1/2 miles today and weighed in 2 lbs less this week. Now all I have to do is not gain it back this week. That has been par for the course with me...
Hello everybody.Joanne
Old 04-03-2003, 08:34 PM   #83  

Hello to you ladies! I am new to this get real exercise game, but took to it very seriously. I started having 260 lbs to lose, have lost 70 since Jan 6 and started walking babysteps. One of the reasons I got serious about getting all this weight off was because I was having trouble walking! So, dumb me picks that for exercise, but the truth is I couldn't do anything else! I have a knee problem that prevents any hoping up and down at all. I am nearly 50 so that played a part in it also. I knew that if I didn't do something and get serious about it I was gonna be one of those fat women you see walking around with a cane or a scooter and I was not going to give in to that. I started with a huff and puff 1/2 mile and a good pair of shoes (New Balance and I swear by them!). It was little more than a saunter, but I did that puppy twice a day 7 days a week. I worked my way up to 3/4 mile twice a day but developed back problems from the surface I was walking on and the inclines. I moved my walking to the mall. My dh made me take one day off a week, but I am able to power walk the mall religiously 6 days a week. I have never missed except when I went out of town up north and did 45 minutes of water aerobics in the hotel pool everyday instead. One of the big things about exercise is commitment and it takes a lot of it and routine. Developing a routine is the very best thing. I go everyday after dh gets home from work (he goes with me and sits in the food court and eats sugar cookies! ) and when I keep the car, I try and get to the mall as soon as the doors open. Good luck to everyone and remember that exercise is a big key to weight loss!

Donna
Old 04-04-2003, 07:25 PM   #84  

Default Hey There

Welcome Donna- It sounds like you are doing a great job reducing your weight and working toward better health. I too went the walking route. I walk at least an hour 4-5 times a week. I used to walk up to 4 miles a day but I too have knee problems. I have already had one knee replacement and the other knee is starting downhill. I wear a brace on it when I walk any distance ,just in case it should slip out of place.I have osteoarthritis. I lost 57 lbs and am now trying to lose another 15.I just reached my 70th yr. I enjoy walking and it is the only exercise I will stick with. That is my hour to get away and relax.
Stick with your walking and you will reach your goal. You will be a happy person when the day comes that you give all you big size clothes to a Tops or WW group. That is what I did. I went to a Tops meeting about a month ago and by chance met the lady that got all my clothes. She told me how grateful she was to recieve them . She has lost about a hundred pounds. She will represent our group at a convention next week. She told me she has since passed those clothes on to another lady who needed them. I was a little emotional giving them away as I had made all of them.
Hello Everybody..Joanne
Old 04-04-2003, 08:52 PM   #85  

Joanne: What an absolutely marvelous idea! I have thought about what to do with my clothing once I cannot wear it any longer as I have several expensive suits and dresses that I don't want to just go to Good Will. I also thought about donating to that New York charity (they may have one here for all I know) that gives business suits to women for job interviews if they have nothing to wear. I would bet there are a lot of obese women who cannot afford $200 for a suit, but need something for a job interview. You keep up the great work. Exercise keeps you young!

I weighed in this AM and am down another 6 lbs for a total of 76 now!

Well, I just had a moment to peek in, but wanted to say HI to everyone!

Take care, Donna
Old 04-05-2003, 01:05 AM   #86  
so close, yet so far...

Hey everyone, just popping in to say hi. I got my regular route in of 3.5 miles and am pleasantly tired.

Janine, sorry to hear that you're still having problems w/your back and your computer. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I didn't have access to a computer daily (on second thought, that might actually be a good thing since I wouldn't be sitting on my butt so much )

Joanne that IS a good idea about giving the larger clothes to a WW or Tops group. I think Hawaii has an organization like the one Donna mentioned for underprivileged woman needing business attire. Wow, you made your clothes? I am pretty hopeless with a sewing machine or needle and thread. In fact, I almost flunked Home Ec class when we had to complete 2 sewing projects. I have 2 boxes of clothing that I need to get rid of.
Personally I think it would be a neat idea if there were some sort of "swap meet" here on the site. All of us here are at different parts of our journey, we're all different sizes. I bet we could swap clothing with other members as we lose. Just a random thought...

Hi Donna . I've seen your wisdom on other threads (i.e. the Secret to Weight Loss, etc) . Glad you could join us walkers here. Your progress is remarkable. Congratulations on the 6# loss, that is excellent. I look forward to reading more of your insightful posts .
Old 04-05-2003, 04:29 PM   #87  

Well I got in my mall walk today and probably did it faster than I ever have. Maybe the fact that I weighed today and am now 82 lbs down and only 15 to go to be below 300 lbs gave me a big lift! I have not been below 300 for almost 20 years! I am really excited about getting to that goal!

It is a lovely day today again and nice and warm. I may get out onto the deck and sit and read for awhile. Dh is watching the basketball game so is pretty tied up!

Hope all you ladies are having a good weekend!

Donna
Old 04-05-2003, 07:10 PM   #88  

Default Hey There

Donna - Very Good with the weight loss. Keep up the good work. You are braver than I was. I couldn't plan a goal till I was almost there. It just seemed too far to look ahead. I had failed so many times. I didn't even tell my family what I was doing, except my hubby, till I was almost there. They all thought I was sick . They never say me that size. Always heavy.
Melekalikimaka- Yes I have made almost all my clothes since I was 13 yrs old. I still do. I buy some things like jeans ,tee shirts . I find I can make just as nice as I can buy and for almost next to nothing. I refuse to pay the price .
I tryed to walk today ,but. after I went about 1/4 mile I knew I wasn't up to it so turned around and came home. I did do vacumning ,4 loads of laundry. cleaned kitchen floor, etc. so I guess I moved some. Tomorrow is a new day.
Bye for now...Joanne
Closed Thread