Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #16  

Bunneh, wow you exercised for an hour! Please do take it easy. As they say you only get one time to recover.

Ok, this won't do. I'm the only one of the group that hasn't exercised today. I will definitely get my workout in when I get home tonight.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 01-27-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: .
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #17  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Philly -- is there any way you can get up earlier and get your workouts done in the morning? For me it helps to know that, regardless of how bad the rest of my day might turn out, at least I have that under my belt. And I find that exercising in the morning often prompts me to stay OP better.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #18  
SanityNow

Hi guys, went on line so though I'd check in - can't....stay.....away . Today was a one-hour Pilates class. Feeling good. The best part was that the teacher asked me to demonstrate plank on the reformer. And I stayed strong I swear, of all the things I've done in my life I think plank is my happiest accomplishment - I used to dread when plank time came around; now I'm pretty good at it.

Stay strong everyone.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #19  

Height: 5ft 4in

Wow! Great job every one. I love coming here and seeing all of the support. Along with my workout this morning I also shoveled snow for about 30 min.

I totally agree with Loose Seal about working out in the AM if possible. I can't everyday but I do try when possible.

Sanity. Good job in class! I love looking back at things that I didn't like or didn't do well when I started and seeing how much better I have gotten at them. For me it is push ups. When I started working out I could barely do 3. Now (even after a 6month break in working out) I can easily so 10-15.

Looking forward to tomorrow. This is making working out kinda fun!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #20  
Warrior Princess

Red face

I think I need to join too if you guys don't mind. My motivation seems to vary and I'm scared I'm going to fall off the exercise wagon. I would like some support buddies. I'm really trying but most days/nights I'm dead tired from working, but at least I have a job that has me almost constantly moving. I had every intention of working out tonight but I'm just wiped...I'm going to get some sleep and then work out tomorrow during the day. Thanks.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #21  
SanityNow

Hi Happy Saturday. It's probably better for me to post every day, since I wind up on line most days anyway and can use the inspiration. Today was a 50 minute Pilates 'power' class. Different approach than I'm used to. the first half hour was a piece of cake (uhm). Then it got tough. HA! can't wait for next week.

Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #22  
Warrior Princess

Default Day 5

I did my 20 minute Yoga workout plus hand weights after for extra credit on my arms. This isn't getting ANY easier yet but I'm glad I did it.

I'm so impatient but I can't wait to be in better shape to take on cardio again.

I'll check in again tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #23  
SanityNow

You know Angel, I'm feeling the same way these days. I'm feeling some progress with the weight and fitness and I want to get 'there' already.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #24  

Welcome Novangel!

Ok, my weekend didn't go as planned. Unexpected visitors and its my birthday today. My mommie is spoiling me...lol.

Loose Seal, I tried the morning exercise once upon a time and you are right that it was one less thing to do later. I'm having an issue with it being winter I think. The cold and the darkness just makes me want to sleep. Believe me I am fighting it.

All in all I am shy of my overall goal for this week. I'm not beating myself up about it either because its in my head now and not just an afterthought. I'm glad that people have joined this thread and it encourages me just reading about everyone's progress. I'm just starting to get back into the swing and next week will be better.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #25  
SanityNow

HI everyone, Nothing today, pretty much everything is sore from yesterday, and I have a class tomorrow morning so I figure to take the day off so I'll be able to function.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #26  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

No workout today but I did a little stretching, and hoola-hooped to get a bit of movement. I plan to try a turbo jam workout tomorrow.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #27  

Height: 5ft 4in

Happy birthday Philly!! Birthdays are a good excuse to relax. I worked out yesterday but not today. I did however start painting my bathroom. Doesn't count for much but at least I didn't just sit around. Tomorrow is back at it. I have done ok with eating but weekends are always tough for me.

Angel. I totally know how you feel. Somwtimes it is just so hard to get back into it. You can do it. Sometimes you just have to start doing it and then it eventually will just become habit.

Have a good night. See you all tomorrow.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #28  
Warrior Princess

Nothing for me either today. I have an issue with my gum tissue around my wisdom tooth, it's highly irritated from something I ate and it's driving me insane. I hope it goes away! I also feel sick from my cycle, it's really bad this month. My hormones get really whacked. Sorry TMI. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #29  
SanityNow

Hi Everyone !
Today was a beautiful hour of pilates. I am getting STRONGER and it's great.
Tomorrow I have to go into the city to return some purchases and I'll be by the gym, so tomorrow will be cardio day. Exactly what I'm not sure.

I had a thought today that I've been kinda paralyzed by this exercise thing because I feel a pressure to drop these pounds. But what I really want is to be able to Enjoy my exercise every day, so once it's done for the day, it's done. I'm not going to second-guess whether it was enough, blah, blah, blah. I'm going to be content with my effort and look forward to next day's session.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #30  

Sanity, I've adopted that very attitude. I used to be a cardio junkie, complete with documented heart rate zone charts and armed with my heart rate monitor I attacked a cardio session with the only goal of max calorie burn. Well that has gotten me burned out and out of the exercise game for two years. That and micro-managing my food intake. Now I'm just taking it day by day and I do have an end goal, but I'm not beating myself up like before.

Novangel, take care of yourself. I can only imagine the discomfort. Mouth issues and back issues are two things that really mess with the overall function of a person's body. I hope it goes away soon too. I don't know about everybody else, but I certainly don't mind the tmi info.

Adaem, thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I don't discount painting, its a decent amount of work.

I think I may count today as my rest day. That means I have to exercise everyday for the rest of this week. Hmm...I don't like the sound of that. However, I was up at 5am and playing taxi for my mother and I am dead tired because of getting to sleep about midnight. I was literally falling to sleep at my desk at work. I got a new workout in the mail and I know if I put it in the dvd player I will end up doing it. It's Body Groove by Missy Tripoli. It's less about exercising and more about moving your body. It's 6pm here and I'm literally trying to keep awake or I will be up at 1am if I go to sleep now. Ok, I will preview my new workouts and see what happens.