Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #121  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

novangel Glad you listened to your body asking for rest. If you're really working yourself then your body will need rest days to heal.

PhillyGirl Thanks for the link!

Today I'm planning for a tabata style workout and weights.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 02-20-2012 at 10:21 AM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #122  

Today's workout was level 1 of 30 day shred. I did make modifications on account of my wonky ankle. After the first set jumping jacks were modified as well as butt kicks.

Recommendation:
If you are looking for something new to try I recommend McCormick Recipe Inspirations. It's a spice kit developed mainly for convenience I guess. You could just look at the back and get the recipe and buy your own spices. You add your own salt so you can control that portion. I bought a whole chicken that was in the fridge so it had to be cooked. Tonight I made the Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas using the breast meat and the Rosemary Chicken using the rest of the chicken. Now I have several meal options to use throughout the week.

Off to eat dinner!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #123  

Bunneh, I watched a youtube tabata workout and oh my! That looks like a serious workout.

Sanity, how was window shopping? Was it just "window" or did you pick up some goodies? How was your gym workout?

Novangel, I hope you are feeling better.

Adaem, is your busy time over? What are you up to?

Missjean and AzimuthRing, what's going on with you?

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 02-20-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #124  
Joie de Vivre!!

Just finished my workout. The video (Breathless Body with Amy Dixon) has eight tabata drills, but I paused it every two drills and did a couple minutes of strength work. My muscles are feeling like jelly now!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #125  

PhillyGirl2012: Thank you! I've got a lot of spare time on my hands these days, so I figure I might as well make some use of it while I'm lucky enough to have it. My sister has the 30 Day Shred, and that seems to be a huge thing around here. Would you recommend it or no?

I got a new workout video today, The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start. I was kind of surprised how hard it was considering I've been doing pretty well at being active, but wow it was tough to just keep going, since I'm used to taking a minute or two for a breather when I think I need it. Has anyone else tried this DVD? I like it because it's not a bunch of tiny girls in spandex, they're a lot easier to relate to.

TheBunneh: Don't you just love that jelly feeling? Always makes me feel so proud. xD

Last edited by thinkfit; 02-20-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: adding
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #126  

missjean, so glad you are still with us. Novangel started doing it which inspired me to dust if off. I won't be doing it for 30 days, but I do use it as a quick workout because she packs a punch in little time. This is why I like workout dvd's. They hit you in unexpected places and force your limbs into movements that you don't do in everyday life.

Bunneh, mmmm....jelly! Good job!
Edit-I just looked at the clip of the workout on her website and WOW!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 02-20-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #127  
Warrior Princess

Red face

I think Jean is talking about a different DVD..

Day 5 of 30 Day Shred. I had zero motivation tonight (so tired from work and have PMS fatigue..sorry, TMI) but I managed to force myself. If I don't I'm scared I will fall off the wagon and back to the couch. I have to keep focus of all the clothes I want to look good in this summer. Especially my arms!! I loathe the flab under my upper arms but it's getting better.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #128  

Novangel, way to go for pushing through! Missjean was asking if 30 day shred was recommended cause there are a lot of posts about it on this site. I wrote that you were doing it.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #129  
Warrior Princess

Oh, I missed that part somehow I must've been tired. lol

Yes, Jean I definitely recommend!! Like I said somewhere before consider 5p hand weights. I bought the DVD at Walmart but read the reviews on Amazon first and a lot of people were saying that the 3p weights didn't give enough resistance. Go with 5p if you feel you can.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #130  
SanityNow

Good morning everyone

PhillyGirl, I did keep to the window shopping, decided to wait until what I have wears out (or falls off) before I crack open the wallet The workout was OK, it was so nice out that I couldn't imagine being in the gym, so I took a nice long walk. Today looks like another beautiful day, so I may walk again. On another good note, my 2-pound bump up has resolved; I'm at my new 'good weight' minus a couple of ounces. My crazy eating has also resolved me!

Hope we all have a really nice and healthy day.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #131  

Hey guys! So I've got a bit of a problem. My laptop stopped working yesterday, so I had to use my sister's old one, and when I just took it out to do the 30DS, the computer wouldn't tolerate the cold and it shut down. I can't really jump around inside, so until I figure something else out, I don't think I can do any DVD workouts for a while. I did 5 miles on my bike after the video stopped working, though, and I think I'm gonna take my dog for a walk around the lake soon. So at least it's something.

PhillyGirl: She seriously does pack a punch in a short time! At one point she said something along the lines of "If you want to work out for 20 minutes a day and see results, you don't get to take breaks." Definitely got me to suck it up and keep going.

novangel: It was definitely not easy, especially with the 5lb weights! I only got through about ten minutes before the laptop shut down, but I was seriously feeling it haha.

SanityNow: Congrats! Keep it up

Last edited by thinkfit; 02-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #132  

missjean, way to keep it moving. You can still get a great workout on your bike. Do you have internet connection in your workout location? I thought since you are already using a laptop that you can tap into youtube and use some of those workouts.

I talk about resources on youtube all the time. I'm going to do a separate post titled "Resources" that I thought would be useful for people to use if they want.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #133  

RESOURCES

I refer a lot to using youtube as an exercise option. I've listed some links that may be useful. Use the built in playlist feature and you can string workouts together.

Biggest Loser Warm Up
Leslie Sansone
Sparkpeople
Fit for Duty-lots of different workouts from the army..do you dare!
TaeBo
Shadowboxer with Kelly Roberts
Core Rhythms Full Workouts
Jillian-1 month Slim Down
Yoga Download
Bootcampmc-she has full workouts posted
Kripalu at Home
Yoga-Rodney Yee
Namaste Yoga
HolmTV-Vinyasa Yoga
Yoga Booty Ballet-A yoga fusion workout
PM Yoga
Pilates
Ekhart Yoga-she has mini, full workouts and a beginner channel
Yoga Evening Stress Release- look for "GueenBeaAgain"...there are lots of videos posted
BodyJam-For those that like to dance
Gilad Step n Tone
Bootcamp Calorie Burn
Six Pack Abs Abs of Steel Standing Abs Jillian Mini Abs Slim & 6Pack 6 min abs People doing Ab Ripper X
Tracy Anderson Workout
Jenny Ford
Step Reebok
Wooden Sword
Liveexercise - this is not a youtube channel, but a free exercise resource
Fitness Blender - another free website that appears to only have vocal instruction.
Exercise.com - another freebie, but looks good

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 03-09-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #134  

phillygirl, if I can find any kind of workout video that doesn't include a lot of jumping around, I'll be able to do it inside so if you know of any that'd be awesome! I'd definitely love a resource post. The computer I'm using until mine is fixed is really old and won't stay on in the cold garage, so using it out there is no longer an option for now.

I just got back from my walk and WOW it is cold out there haha. I also learned the hard way that sometimes shoes are on sale for a reason - serious shin splints!

edit - I'm too slow, you already posted resources! haha. This is amazing, I've been looking to get into yoga so this should also be a great help for that.

Last edited by thinkfit; 02-21-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #135  
Joie de Vivre!!

I've been taking Tuesdays as rest days, but I felt pretty good today and got in about 45 minutes of step aerobics. So I might make five workouts this week, which would be nice.