Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #1  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

Default I do not like exercise

So yeah, by the title, you can tell that I do not like exercise. I used to go to the gym about 4 or 5 years ago and have a personal trainer, but I can't because I don't have a job and am going to school. However, I can't use that as an excuse to not exercise. My favorite exercise is cardio. I do have a wii fit, so Lord Anubis help me I will exercise at least 30 minutes for 4 days per week. I would like to do more. Any suggestions?? They would be helped.
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

A good mp3 player that I never listen to unless I am jogging helps me
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I don't really like exercise for the sake of exercise. I find gyms boring and quite uninspiring places, and I resent paying to exercise when I can exercise for free.

Personally, my favourite exercises are just things that I already enjoy doing. Sure, some of these things may not be as strenuous as a hard workout in the gym, but I'd prefer to do some light to moderate exercise that I actually enjoy, and stick to it in the long term, than force myself into tough regimes that I don't find in the least bit exciting.

For me, the exercise that I do most frequently is brisk walking. I live right by the sea, and so I try to make sure to get out and walk most days. It doesn't feel like I'm "exercising" (even though I am), but it gives me fresh air, it clears my head, I can enjoy the scenery and sleep better at night. I also go through periods where I enjoy swimming, so I like to go to the pool and do some lengths. I'd also like to explore different types of exercise to do at other times, when the weather isn't so great outside.

In my opinion, for an exercise regime to become a lifestyle change and something you stick to in the long term, it's got to be something you like (how miserable is it to do something for hours every week that you don't enjoy?!). If you can't think of any forms of physical activity that you enjoy doing at the moment, perhaps try out something new that you haven't done before, or ask around friends what they like to do to keep fit.

Best of luck finding something that suits you!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #4  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

How about jumping rope? Cheap and super effective - plus hits your cardio sweet spot .

Otherwise, maybe consider checking out some exercise DVDs from your local library. Mine carries all kinds - that way you can test drive them before you decide to invest (or never bother to purchase, just rent different ones each week to keep it fresh!).

I have also been known to just create my own circuit training set - mix of cardio (jumping jacks, hikers, jogging, whatever floats your boat) and strength training. You could easily create your own 30 minute set + 5 for warm up & 5 for cool down.

For me, the key is to mix it up. I have used the "no excuses" line on myself 5-6 days a week since April. It is TOUGH because I also do not love it (and it requires 4:50am-5:15am wake up calls), but I love the way I feel when I'm done and I'm lovin' the rockin' results.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #5  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

Thanks for the ideas. I live in SC and it is hot as heck so I won't be going outside, but I will stay inside and be exercising to the wii fit.
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote