Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #46  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone. I'm doing C25k too. Just finished W2D2 today (which I found harder than W2D1 for some reason LOL)

Anyways, has anyone else gotten a sore butt from running? I'm not exactly new to exercising or lifting weights or having sore muscles... but I am pretty new to getting a good butt work out!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #47  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

YES!! Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've only been running a few weeks, but my butt and thighs definitely feel more toned. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
Hi everyone. I'm doing C25k too. Just finished W2D2 today (which I found harder than W2D1 for some reason LOL)

Anyways, has anyone else gotten a sore butt from running? I'm not exactly new to exercising or lifting weights or having sore muscles... but I am pretty new to getting a good butt work out!
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #48  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluCypressLily View Post
YES!! Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've only been running a few weeks, but my butt and thighs definitely feel more toned. Love it!
Oh, I'm glad you mention this!!

I carry the majority of my weight on my butt and thighs (totally a pear-shaped girl), I was wondering... even if they became toned, would I not be able to notice it until I lose more fat from those areas, or what? I assume muscle grows under fat, but I've never really asked...
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #49  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone Glad to see you guys doing this program, I'm about to finish and I LOVE it!

You'll notice less fat before you notice tone. I was recently told my legs look much more toned but to be honest I still don't see it. I do have a bit of extra skin on my legs now though You will feel stronger even if you don't feel you look it.

I run really slow right now, but I plan to go back to week 4 and work through the program again at a faster speed. I already felt I could do it yesterday during my run but decided to wait because I haven't quite finished yet. I ran for my best time of 35 minutes then had to force myself to stop, I'm glad I did because my legs are a little sore today so I know I made the right decision.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #50  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

Hello again everyone.

I did W2D1 yesterday, and it really kicked my butt. I made it through, but whew! Was I winded afterwards! However, today my knees are kind of sore... not achey all the time, only went I sit or crouch down. I hope it doesn't mean something bad is going to happen to my knees. Hopefully it's just like my hamstrings after W1D1 or my calves after W1D3 and goes away after rest.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #51  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm the opposite--I carry all my weight around my middle. I look like an egg on toothpicks, lol.

If your butt and thighs are anything like my belly, yeah you'd need to lose the layer of fat before you see the definition in your legs and butt. I can feel my entire core getting stronger and I can feel the muscle under there, but I won't get my six-pack til the belly fat's gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
Oh, I'm glad you mention this!!

I carry the majority of my weight on my butt and thighs (totally a pear-shaped girl), I was wondering... even if they became toned, would I not be able to notice it until I lose more fat from those areas, or what? I assume muscle grows under fat, but I've never really asked...
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Hi! Can I join you chicks? I did W1D1 of C25K this morning. I'm really hoping this program works for me. I love the feeling I get after running but right now I just can't do it for long. I'm going to go back and read this thread from the beginning.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #53  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

We have 2 threads open for C25K. We really should merge them and close one.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote