Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 10:17 PM   #31  

Hi to everyone!!!!

I am getting in huge bike riding this week, it is so nice to be able to have the time to be out and do lots of exercising and the weather has been perfect.

Hey Jassamy I went to a ww outlet and asked to buy their point book and I got some charts and just kept track at home, it is very easy. I am the type of person who does not require to join and go to the meetings to do the program, I did just fine from home, so if you can get the points book then you will be on your way....

Have a good weekend.

Suzanne
Old 08-30-2002, 05:49 PM   #32  

jessamy- you can get WW products on ebay too. You would need a pointsfinder for sure because that's how you figure out how many points something is. If you eat out alot they have dining out books with the point totals they also food guide book with the points total for tons of food. Good Luck!

I'm doing so great this week with exercise. Workout everyday at the GYM! I'll update the list on Sun. or Mon. Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 08-31-2002, 02:48 AM   #33  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I have had a really bad week. Overdid floor exercises on Tuesday and I've been walking (if you can call it that) in crippling pain for the last 3 days. It's finally subsiding but other than lots of painful stretches to work out the kinks, I haven't been able to do anything at all. Got a busy weekend coming up then we leave on Monday for a week's vacation. Am hoping to pick up again even if I can't accurately measure how far I've walked. Would be too easy to just bow out of the challenge but I can't do that. So... I will plug away and just have a teesy little post at the end. Better a little than none at all.

Hope everyone has a great week. So glad to hear that you are enjoying the gym Jacksonmom. I get a big fat honking ZERO miles for this week - I might have done one or two but I don't remember... Will check in again next weekend.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:06 PM   #34  

26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st I walked 5 miles each morning, even when it was raining cats and dogs the one morning...LOL. I got so wet that eventually I just put my umbrella down, put my hood up and walked like a looney woman in the rain. Remember, I do this starting a 4:45 in the morning so I am sure that I scared a few people.
My total so far is 63.5 miles ... only 76.5 until my goal.
Oh, one more thing I am down five more pounds since 8/20!!!
Debbie
295/182/160
Old 09-01-2002, 05:10 PM   #35  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

I hit target this week, plus 3 miles for an extra cover class. I think that makes it 57 miles.

No more weight loss but clothes are baggier still! This will probably cost me more in clothes than I am being paid to teach the classes!!!

Stef
Old 09-01-2002, 06:55 PM   #36  

Hi to all:

Sorry to hear about your pain that you are experiencing Happytobeme hopefully while you are on vac. you will be able to rest and the pain will subside, it is a drag being in pain from exercising, but when that happens it is better to cut back and get better. Have a great week.

All you girls that are walking, wow, you sure are able to walk alot, I can't believe the milage you do. That is so great. It is nice to see the clothes start to bag, even tho the scale does not move, you sure see a diff. in your clothes. it really keeps you moving.... great stuff.

Well put me in for 52 miles this week, it was a great week, lots of riding, I hope to get out tonight for another couple of miles. Back to work this week so I will really miss all the bike riding I put in this week. I am thinking of gettting some of those walking tapes for the winter when I put my bike away.
I hate the thoughts of that. oh well I will start to walk once the snow flies and I hope I will like the walking tapes. I do not like the stationary bikes, so a walking I will go.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the gym Jacksonmom that will keep you well motivated. Thanks for posting this week and have a great week ladies..

Suzanne
Old 09-02-2002, 06:47 PM   #37  

Late checking in but here goes.....6 miles for the week.

We were out of town all weekend plus the two days of meetings. I did get lots of walking in but not counting those shopping miles.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:43 AM   #38  

Hello everyone! Sorry I don't do a weekly check-in, I lose track of what day it is. So I just put in my days whenever I can.
9/1 - 5 miles
9/2 - 5 miles
9/3 - 9 miles... took 2 walks today!!
Total so far - 82.5 miles
Miles to goal - 57.5

Debbie
295/181/160

Last edited by DreamSmall; 09-03-2002 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:23 PM   #39  

Totals as of 9/2/02:

Jacksonmom...goal 40...20

Semo...goal 55...31

Happy2bme...goal 35...4

bobsgal...goal 50...N/A

stef...goal 216...104

dreamsmal...goal 140...63.5

jessamybowes...goal 40...N/A

madtypist...goal 100...69

Kina...goal 20...N/A

TonyaLyn...goal 40...N/A

Chatsey...goal 80...N/A

Sorry I'm posting the second week totals so late. Alot of you are alreaqdy past the midway point on your totals! I'll talk with you later.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:17 AM   #40  

Jackson Mom, we appreciate your hard work putting all the totals together. we applaud and send kisses to you.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #41  

Hi Ladies

I've been reading your thread for a week now, and I hope I can join in. It seems that having friends in the same boat (hope we don't capsize!!!!) can be a real benefit!!! I started the walk away the pounds tapes a week sunday, and only missed 2 days. Knowing that I had them since Spring...... I figured they gathered enough dust. I did 11 miles last week, so I think my goal will start out with 10miles a week. If I go over, then that's to my benefit, right?? Thanks for letting me join--
Old 09-04-2002, 08:20 PM   #42  

Hi and welcome DareToBeU, glad that you decided to jump in, we'll Mooooveee over, always room on this boat. We may have to start paying JacksonMom for all her hard work in keeping up with us don't think she bargained for a full time job. You'll find that it's easier to get your exercise in when you have to report your totals by Sunday.

Anyway, glad that you joined in. I love the Walk Away the Pounds tapes but am starting to get annoyed with Leslie's laugh, think I'm going to start playing my own music and turn the tv volume off. I'll let you know how it works. Gotta Run.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:55 PM   #43  

Welcome daretobeu I will add you to the list on Sun or Mon. Glad you joined in. Well as I was warned my son got his first cold so I couldn't go to the gym this a.m. but hubby is now home so off I go. I'll either post totals on Sun. or Mon. Thanks to all who benefit from this as much as I do. Talk with you later.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:11 PM   #44  

Welcome Daretobeu ... my Walk away the Pounds tapes have been gathering dust too, I guess I should break them out.

9/4 - 5 miles
9/5 - 5 miles
9/6 - 5 miles
Total so far: 97.5 miles
Miles to goal: 42.5

Debbie
295/178/160
Old 09-07-2002, 11:12 PM   #45  

Welcome Daretobeu I am sure you will enjoy this forum. It sure will keep you moving.

I just bought my first 1 mile walking tape and I like it alot. I will be using it when I put my bike away in a couple of months.

I have never done any of those exercise tapes but I am glad to have found out about the walking ones. I can imagne after doing it for a while I will get sick of her voice and laugh. and I will have to put some headphones on also..

I have rode 24 miles this week and have enjoyed the weather, every day has been sunny and warm, great to be out and about, hope you are feeling better jacksonmom its a drag having a cold but hopefully you will work it out of you... thanks for doing the posts this week.......

Have a great week ladies

Suzanne
Closed Thread