Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/134/132

Height: 5'8"

Default JM circuit training and other workouts, are you in?

Beside changing my gym workout routine 3 days ago, and planning on getting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred for home, I also subscribed to Jillian Michaels' site. I wanna do it for 5 weeks and see how it goes. I want to get used to her style in order to be ready for the 30 Day Shred.
My potato home desk days are over!!!

Is anyone subscribed too? I find the meal program less then I expected ( I mean I feel like I need more calories than that, she said around 1250, I can't function under at least 1400 even on a couch day!). I use it more as an example, I don't follow it 100%.

Anyone who does workouts like Jillian Michaels and/or anything else is free to join and kick my butt!!! I just wanna keep a good track and have some working out buddies over here, no matter the age and size, or workout

Measurements:

Bust: 35
Waist: 30
Hips: 40
Thighs: 22

S/C/G: 158/144/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

So my workout for this week, March 16-22:

Monday:

Gym:
4 sets of 12/10/8/6 (increase weights/rep)
- CHEST

- BACK (upper, lower) -ABS

+some miles on the beach

Tuesday

Gym:
-Cardio bike+stepper(stair climber) 35min
-ABS AND CORE

Wednesday

Gym:
4x12/10/8/6

- ALL LEGS (calves too)
- BICEPS (forearms too)
- ABS

Home: Jilian Michaels Circuit Training
level 1
+ any other fun video, like Zumba

* skipped the gym and did a hard JM circuit training for legs, biceps and abs
+ Zumba

Thursday

Gym:

-Cardio stepper(stair climber) 40
min
-ABS AND CORE

Home:
Jilian Michaels Circuit Training

+ 15 min of dancing

Friday

Gym:

4x12/10/8/6

- SHOULDERS
(trapezius too) -TRICEPS-ABS

Home:
Jilian Michaels Circuit Training

+15 min dancing

+ walking a little on the beach

Saturday

-Swimming

Sunday

-rest day, AMEN!

Last edited by Bubu; 04-13-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I actaully was going to start her circut training this week as well. I am planning on doing her Making the Cut program when I get back from Las Vegas in April. I wanted to do the circuts in her other book first to get used to the pace I need to be at. I have been doing the Biggest loser Bootcamp and the Biggest Loser yoga which have helped me lose 19 pounds! Along with following JM's calorie suggestions and eating plan. I don't have a subscription to her website but I'm sure its similar to her first book.

It would be nice to have someone to talk to who is doing something similar to what I'm doing. Sometimes its hard asking people questions on here when they don't know what kind of workout or eating plan your doing. It's much better when someone has done the workouts and knows what your going through!

I did JM 30 Shred last october. Let me tell you its tough. Very good workout. I will probably do it when I don't have time for the regular workout. I go really good results with it. And I was a lot heavier then. I'm sure if I did it now I would enjoy it much more!

Good luck and keep me posted on your progress! Your doing great!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #3  

Yayyyy a buddy!!! Glad you joined me.
Actually I measured myself today and I am a little thinner since a few weeks ago (though the scale shows more lbs). I am gonna keep it cool for lbs, as long as I get less inches :P.

I started today on JM. I have tried all her level 1 exercises for legs and butt. Geez that was a hard circuit to do on my own. Let's say it was a punishment for not going at the gym. I had to improvise till I am going shopping for equipment, I only have a ball. I used a towel instead of a mat (auch my bones), water bottles for dumbbells .
When I had to repeat the circuit I thought I was going to die and quit, but instead I went on. I was upset because I didn't have my preworkout shake (as I missed the gym), nor the postworkout, so I was looking forward to have it just if I finish the JM. Tell you what, it kept me going , and when I was done, I made that shake as a breakfast and it never tasted better . Dummy me, I always joke I will work for food not money, but it has some truth in it
Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #4  
Doing Prevention Videos!

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I love Jillian! I do her 30 day shred, No More Trouble Zones and Boost Metabolism Banish fat dvd's. Plus I got her 5 disc Biggest Winner set and book.

I did have a free trial on her website but after the 30 days I did not renew. I did not use it that much.

Rght now I am rotating between doing one of her new DVD's (No More Trouble Zones and Boost Metabolism Banish) and doing the 30 day shred (usually 2 levels-1&2). Today I just did level 3 and was spent!

I would love to join the group!
mom2cass&em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cass&em View Post
I would love to join the group!
the more the better
Old 03-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

There is an ongoing 30 Day shred thread in the fitness video subforum:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...143373&page=26

There are also some other discussions about her newer videos:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=162375&page=6

As for me, I have 30 day shred and I have been integrated into my workout. I'm also training for a 5k so I'm doing running as well as kettlebells.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #7  

Thx nelie, I know about them and more.
I was on this one http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166037
I added to mine JM site workouts, food and such, and more.

Nelie, I admire those people who can run. I hate running. And kettlebells too? You rock!

Last edited by Bubu; 03-18-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #8  
Doing Prevention Videos!

So do you listen to her radio show? I do when I work at home. She is a hoot!

I am waiting to get my Winning by Losing book and the 5 disc.

I did Level 3 of the shred yesterday and will do that again. I want to keep changing it up and not let my body get used to anything.

I am going to take my measuremnt later today...I have some from 8/08 to compare it to. I totally forgot to take them in January when I started the Shred

Last edited by mom2cass&em; 03-19-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #9  

Quote:

I am going to take my measuremnt later today...I have some from 8/08 to compare it to. I totally forgot to take them in January when I started the Shred
NO, I didn't listen to the radio show, just discovered it lol.
Oh can not wait for your measurements, I am sure you have results

Well I have to admit, when I woke up this morning to go to the gym, I thought I can not move. My butt and my calves are dead from yesterday (I decided to do all level 1 JM exercises for those areas yesterday...I guess it was too much for one day). But I said I will not give up. So I went at the gym, and I managed to do 40 min of stepper (I managed to do it till level 12 from 20, and I just started at the end of last week, I am proud lol).
My husband and probably the whole gym was staring at me how red I was. Not even half way I was ready to quit and faint, but no, no
You know girls what I realized today? I don't think you all know, but I am helping my hubby to lose weight too. He has gone from 315 to 270. He has reached a plateau. He has kept it for awhile. I have changed the program for him, he eats pretty good, but he is nosy with the workout. I noticed from last program, when we had to do the cardio part, no more, he wanted home. Now when he has no choice because we have days of only cardio, he doesn't do it for too long. Actually, he can not concentrate. And him wondering around my ***, or in the gym doing it all wrong, it kinda makes me wanna quit and fulfill his wish of going home (or like yesterday, skipping). I hate to say it, but he is not a good gym buddy. And I have no choice for now, he has to drive (till I learn, get a car and get familiar with the place).

And sometimes I am sooooo tired of kicking his *** too, when I have mine to carry. He starts well, then he gets worse and worse. After I talk to him, and get him back on track and motivated, he starts all over again. He asked for my help when he realised he can not do it. I think he is down because he did it once, he got to a normal weight a few years ago. And now it is not working the same. It is not fast, his metabolism changed, he is older, and the weight that he gained back since then is probably on a different habit. It just doesn't work the same... His problems are back in childhood with the weight issues. And I am sorry to say it, but the way he was taught by his folks (and he knows it and agrees his parents didnt followe their european style)and the american system is part of one. And even my weight since lasts months is based on this. I am not walking anymore. I can't. Where? You need a car here. I used to walk miles and miles back home in Europe. Pedestrian roads were not an issue. And maybe safety too. I had to "teach" my husband the concept of walking outside, on a road, on anything but not a treadmill. He barely could. He made improvements but he has a loooong way to go, and his motivation on doing that is not helping him. His feet are not made for walking, that is how they grew.

Anyways, I got you bored already . Bottom line is, I need someone to push me, not be a turn off in the gym. And for now I have no choice. I guess tonight a new talk with him is in order and get him motivated again. I have to remind him his blood tests he took 2 weeks ago, and they were perfect, and cholesterol, and blood pressure and all. The doc knows him and he was thrilled. He needs to get back on track! Nobody said it would be easy though!

This reminds me on a post I made on motivational quotes:
Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. Richard Bach
OK, enough excuses, I am preparing to do the JM circuit now and update my workout for today with more.

Last edited by Bubu; 03-19-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #10  
Doing Prevention Videos!

I am sorry that you have to keep kicking hubbys A$$. I hope he "get's it" this time. My Hubby is relly great about my exercising. He does not have any time to do it but he is totally behind me. My kids are my road blocks . Especially my 1 year old. She is very needy sometimes but has gotten better!

Hope you are having a great day!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #11  

Gosh I had such a bad day yesterday. Last week, I dropped my phone on the beach, in the water. It died, but I recovered the SIM card. I ordered a new phone, it came in, and it seems the SIM card numbers are not there, I lost over 400 phone numbers and to some I don't even have their email to ask the number (I had the emails too in the phone near the contact).

I have spent hours and hours talking to people and giving phone calls to the phone factory, to the phone provider, to the network provider. Nobody can help me. There are two ways of recovering: one is from your phone chip (but nobody does it if it is your fault, even if you are willing to pay for them to read that chip and recover, not a free stuff like factory error), and 2nd through the SIM card memory (well my SIM works, but the contacts are NOT there). I had to change the SIM card because it might have been affected from the salty water a little, and it might go bad in time. These phone calls to solve something took all my day, and all my mood.

Good I got back on track in the evening and as tired and nervous as I was, I decided to go with the JM circuit. Guess what? My mood switched to extremely determined (I guess I used all my rage) and that workout made my bad day a fab day.

Hubby problem solved too for now, and he even offered me today to go walking in the evening. I hope it won't rain because I can't wait for walks!

Last edited by Bubu; 03-20-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/195/140

Height: 5'7"

HELLO! Saw the link to this thread and had to stop on over and check it out.

Im doing 30DS in the morning and when hubby gets home (im a SAHM) I go to the gym for more! Im integrating parts of JM's Making the Cut into my strength training there as well as cardio. If I cant make the gym, I add in JMs' BFBM or cardio kickbox. I am also starting an 8 week 10k training session Monday 3/23...so it will be a busy spring for me. AND now that spring is here, I will be doing a lot of running outside with my daugher!

I had a little girl 5 months ago and Im below my pre-preggo weight...still a ways to goal.

I LOVE Jillian and it is my goal to have her body! I am more into being well muscled than thin...and I really dont care what I weigh as long as I am strong and have flat abs and killer arms!

Last edited by jenniferleah; 03-21-2009 at 11:07 AM.
jenniferleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #13  

Hey Jennifer, your SIL is from Ro too? Cool!

Oh I wish I could have JM body too, but that takes so much work and dedication to it. Congrats on your below pre-preggo weight, that is awesome! You go girl!

Oh today is Saturday, and I was waiting so much for my swimming. It rained a lot, so no pool. I think I will have to hit the gym.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #14  
Doing Prevention Videos!

Hi Jennifer! I am below my prepreg weight too!! Although my "baby" just turned 1 year

Today is my rest day...I am at work all day so no time to workout

I am going to try and get some JM in tomorrow but my weekends are sooooo busy. Between work and getting our house ready to sell I am pooped!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #15  

Quote:

I am going to try and get some JM in tomorrow but my weekends are sooooo busy. Between work and getting our house ready to sell I am pooped!
C'mon, you can do it! Even a little is better then nothing You did great till now.

I am so happy, I got the equipment today, I finally have dumbells (2,3,5,7 &10 lbs), and a working out mat at home. And my hubby got me a new ipod for the gym yaaaaaaaaaay! I am changing the sneakers too, mine are already past 6-7 months, and need to go to the garbage. I can't wait for my next workout.

Last edited by Bubu; 03-21-2009 at 08:12 PM.