Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 158/134/132

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
That really sucks about your DVD player!!! I would have smashed it! But you have to salvage the 30 DS!

Thats funny you saw someone at the gym doing the JM workout! And I definately agree with the hate towards her body. I mean come on what female has a body like that?! In her new videos she looks even more buff and toned!! Its ridiculous! And the other girls in the video... pshh forget it!

Well thank god my plateau has ended! I lost 2 pounds last week and 1 more so far this week! I haven't been this weight for 3 years! I just have to keep up whatever I'm doing.

I agree with the way this forum has helped! I really am thankful for all the support and tips that people have given me since I started on here. Its really kept me on track and held me accountable! Plus its a great resource to get info on new workout videos, books and other diet/workout related material.
I have good news and...weird news.
The good news is I have a new dvd player that works great, my husband also tricked me with the other one, he didn't handle it back, and I had the pleasure to unscrew and smash it to recover my 30DS . I have already tried NMTZ, a few circuits (because yesterday I fell asleep, forgot to set the clock, so I missed the gym). The "bad" news is I think I am heading to a plateau, and I can not go to the bathroom lately (so probably there's my weight). I have been trying sort of an Atkins and obviosly it is not for me, a fruit termite.

Congrats Kritter on your loss, keep on going I guess we all experience plateaus sooner or later, and as soon as we change just a tiny thing, we overcome them. Time, Patience, Consistency and NEVER give up!
Bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Ia m still doing my JM DVD's and I can not believe the change in my endurance. I have a lot more to loose than you too but the exercise is definately helping. last night our power went out and i was not about to sit around and wait to do my DVD so i decided to walk and I could not believe how quick I was and not as out of breath as I have been in the past. I even went home- power still off- and did some body sculpt and cardio from memory. I have come to the conclusion that at first i let exercise intimidate me and now I have much more exercise confidence. My son and i signed up for a mini-marathon and I am so pumped to participate!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #48  

Hi girls, sorry for being so lazy on updates. I've been busy around here.
The weekend and the beginning of the week was rough. I feel a little tired. I usually weak up at 4-4-30 am, at 5am me and my hubby are at the gym, and then we get home. And since then I don't find a minute to stay and take a deep breath and relax. This is going on till 11pm when we go to sleep, and it is catching up with me.
I also think last week I have been pushing pretty hard and I feel I have made baby steps (saint god they were some steps though) as I am close to the finish line. I think I should lower my workouts (because I do a lot lol) and increase a little my food. What do you think?
I am also very proud of my hubby, he lost 6pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks because I put him on a circuit training at the gym. A lighter one so he can keep up, but he does a good enough job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
Ia m still doing my JM DVD's and I can not believe the change in my endurance. I have a lot more to loose than you too but the exercise is definately helping. last night our power went out and i was not about to sit around and wait to do my DVD so i decided to walk and I could not believe how quick I was and not as out of breath as I have been in the past. I even went home- power still off- and did some body sculpt and cardio from memory. I have come to the conclusion that at first i let exercise intimidate me and now I have much more exercise confidence. My son and i signed up for a mini-marathon and I am so pumped to participate!!!!

Mommyofsix, I am building my endurance too, and I have notice very big changes! But I still have a long way to go. 30Shred I can pull it out, but if you ask NMTZ all circuits, or BFBM, I drop dead =))

ps: Hubby watched a part of The Biggest Looser yesterday while I was cooking, and he declared himself a fan haha. He said before he doesn't fall for that kind of trainers or shows, but it only took one episode to change his view. He said he doesn't like the way JM looks like (he adores me :P), but the exercises and the way he saw me working out and improving my endurance and pushing through it, it made a big impact. He thought I ordered some crappy easy videos with stupid exercises that don't really work, but BIG SURPRISE! And the show, the Biggest Looser and the way JM works out her contestants, did the trick on him.

Last edited by Bubu; 04-29-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #49  

So here is this weeks training and my weight and all:

Update for April 27-May 3, week 3 on gym circuit training too

Measurements:
Bust: 34 1/2
Waist: 27 1/2
Hips/butt: 39
Thighs: 21 1/2

S/C/G: 158/136.5/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

So my workout for this week:

Monday:

Gym:
-circuit training: legs+abs 30min
-stair treadmill 30min
-badminton 15min

Home:

+JM circuit training level 3

Tuesday
Gym:
-circuit training: chest+ abs 35min

-cardio - strair treadmill 30min

Home:
+JM circuit training

Wednesday

Gym:

-circuit training: shoulders+abs 30min

-cardio -stair treadmill 40min

Home: JM cicruit training of Tuesday

Thursday

Gym:

-circuit training: back+abs 35min

-eliptical bike 35 min

-badminton 15min

Home
Jilian Michaels web site Circuit Training

Friday

Gym
-circuit training: biceps+triceps

-cardio eliptical bike

Home:
Jilian Michaels Circuit Training

Out: 1h walking/jogging

Saturday

- rest

Sunday

tennis

Last edited by Bubu; 05-04-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #50  

Oh geez I forgot to fill in my workout and improvements. I am so happy I did 30DS yesterday, all 3 levels at once, in 1h . I was driven by the fact I lost 1,5 lb since last week, not 1, and I had to recover my swimming time that I did not complete. People around it were too loud for me to concentrate lol and relax my mind, so I could keep on going.

Update for May 3rd-10, week 4 on gym circuit training too

Measurements:
Hips/butt: 38 2/3

S/C/G: 158/135/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

My workout for this week:

Monday:

Gym:
-circuit training: legs 1hour
-elliptical bike 30min
Home
-JM website circuit training + Level 1 30DS
-swimming

Home:

+JM circuit training level 3

Tuesday
Gym:
-circuit training: chest 30min

-cardio - elliptical bike 30min

Home:
-swimming
+JM circuit training 30DS Level 1+half level 2

Wednesday

Gym:

-circuit training: shoulders30min

-badminton 30min

Home: JM circuit training of 30DS Level 1,2+3

-swimming 30min

Thursday

Gym:

-circuit training: back 35min

-eliptical bike 30 min

Home
JM 30DS Level 1+2
swimming

Friday

Gym

-cardio eliptical bike

Home:
JM 30DS Level 1+2
-swimming

S
aturday
-tennis

Sunday

swimming

Last edited by Bubu; 05-12-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #51  

Update for May 10-17th, week 5 on gym circuit training too

Measurements:
Hips/butt: 38 2/3

S/C/G: 158/133/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

Monday:

Gym:-circuit training: legs
-elliptical bike 30min
Home
JM 30DS Level 1+2+3

Tuesday
Gym:
-circuit training: chest 30min

-cardio - elliptical bike 30min

Home:
-JM 30DS Level 1+2+3
-Jillian M- BFBM first 4 circuits (20min)

Wednesday

Gym:

-circuit training: shoulders30min
- stair treadmill 35min

Home: JM circuit training of 30DS Level 1+2

Thursday

Gym:

-circuit training: back 35min

-stair treadmill 30 min

Home
JM 30DS Level 1+2
+1

Friday

Gym

-cardio stair treadmill 40min

Home:
JM 30DS Level 1+2
+3

S
aturdayJM 30DS Level 1+2+1

Sunday

rest

Last edited by Bubu; 05-17-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey I'm sooooo sorry I haven't been around lately! I have been in the process of moving across country. I leave on tuesday so I have been busy packing. I have finally got down to 160! Haven't been that light in a long time. I was hoping to be under 160 right now but I have been so stressed that I haven't been tracking my food intake. Which for me is so important in losing weight. I have been better the last few days with tracking but the calories have been way too high. Which is why I have only really been mainatining. I still exercise 5-6 days a week for an hour so at least I didn't abandon that habit. So I am still going to work hard to get rid of those last 15 pounds! I can't believe I'm more than half way there!

Bubu - I can't believe how close you are to your goal!!! Thats awesome! I'm glad you stuck with the program and you pushed through your injury. Now you have to be so proud of all you accomplished! Your like Superwoman! Plus I think its great your hubby is a fan of the biggest loser!

Mommyofsix - Your doing such a great job with the videos. I'm glad to hear your endurance has improved. I had a friend come out to visit me a few weeks ago and she did the newest JM video with me. Mind you she is thinner, in better shape (so I thought) and was in the military and she couldn't keep up with me or the video! She was huffing and puffing. She had to stop and catch her breath. She said that video reminded her of basic training! So I think we are definately TROOPERS for doing JM's workouts all the way through and with everything we've got! So hats off to all of us!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
So I think we are definately TROOPERS for doing JM's workouts all the way through and with everything we've got! So hats off to all of us!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
OH it has been a long time and I am working now on my new program in the gym, beginning next week. A new challenge

I can't believe I am so close either Kritter, and I have been through a lot of stress in the last week. I hope it didn't affect my weight too much, because usually stress has a high impact on me. My hubby hurt his back again, I think I mentioned it before, he was born with it (his spine is not so mobile, on one side, where it meets the hip area, the bones on one side are sutured, so every little wrong movement might trigger it anytime, and the vertebrae go left/right pinching the nerve and cause pain). This time the vertebrae went back, all of a sudden, no bad movement, so pinched the nerve in the middle, causing his lower back atrocious pain on both sides. The pills were giving him mood swings, nausea and stuff, so he was home stressing me out at maximum. I could barely concentrate on my workout and the running around I had to do and then put up with his attitude. He looks better, just he got on the scale and saw he has made no progress on the weight. When he is up to it, I think he doesn't push hard enough, and then he has these days when he can't work out at all. I am at loss of ideas again for him, because I know how much I worked for these damn 12 lbs and I don't see him doing it or having the same will for now.

You are very right on JM, we are troopers . Congrats on your new weight Kritter and keep on going after you move. Indeed you did a good job on doing some exercise even though your food intake was not tracked 100%. I am leaving on a cruise on May 24th...so in a week, can't believe it! It is our one year anniversary I am freaked out by the large amounts of good smelling food they have. And by the way the food looks like, I will be drooling all over I better start praying from now to hold back or I will not be too happy afterward . I know they have a gym too, so I am planning on going and doing some exercise around (beside the poll they have, and the days we visit islands and such). Even better, to have no excuses, I bought new outfits for each day for the gym, so I don't have to take them to the cleaning on board. I Hope I will do a good job (well, as human as possible, cause I ain't superwoman as you said, to hold back on drooling lol)

PS: Something crossed my mind this weekend. I wanna try to train my brain to hate most cravings (like chocolate). I will start soon by saying I hate chocolate for example, and over time, I hope it will be a mind induced thing, and create a pattern in my brain, and actually believe it. What do you think? Even if I don't succeed, it can do no harm to try though...

Last edited by Bubu; 05-17-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #54  

Sorry I haven't been around lately to keep up with the updates, it has been a crazy week. Beside my husbands back problem, we also had roof problems, it rained and our walls are wet. Repairs, phone calls, 2nd repair and so on. And on top of it, one of my pets died, emergency rush, we had an autopsy, check out my other pet if he's ok and so on. Very crazy and hectic week.
I have reached my target weight and my sizes got smaller too, but because of our running around my food intake wasn't quite the right one, but below. I actually forced myself to eat as much as I could, but with the depression, I didn't keep up too well. So I am below my weight a little. We definitely need a vacation beginning with that cruise on Sunday. When I have some time on my hands I will post my new gym workout, and my other things from this week, or at least what I managed to do.

Last edited by Bubu; 05-21-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #55  

Update from May 18-24th, week 1 on different gym circuit training

Measurements:
Bust: 34
Waist: 26 2/3
Hips/butt: 38

S/C/G: 158/132(on Monday, May 18th)/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

Monday:

Gym:-circuit training: legs+shoulders 40min
-stair treadmill 20min
Home
JM 30DS Level 1+2+3 (1h)

Tuesday
Gym:
-circuit training: back 20min

-cardio - Bike 20min+
stair treadmill 20min

Home:
-rest

Wednesday

Gym:

-circuit training: chest+biceps 40min
- stair treadmill 20min

Home: JM circuit training 30DS Level 2+1+2 (1h)
NMTZ 4 circuits (20min)

Thursday

Gym:

-circuit training: shoulders 20min
-stair treadmill 40 min

Home
JM 30DS Level 2+1+2
(1h)
NMTZ 4 circuits (20min)

Friday

Gym
-circuit training: back+triceps
40min
-cardio stair-treadmill 25min

Home:
JM 30DS Level 2
(20min)
Saturday
?

Sunday

leaving on a cruise
Old 05-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #56  

Ok girls, I would be leaving for a week. I just wanted to tell you I started feeling the loosing weight stress. I stayed up almost all night, to modify my skirts and such, to make them much smaller, because I was literally swimming in them and they looked horrible.
Oh, and the food on the cruise... I will keep my fingers crossed to stop before I pass any limit. You too for me, please!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #57  

Bubu ~ Glad to hear that you made goal and surpassed that with your clothes not fitting! That must feel so great! Sorry to hear about all the stress with your hubby! That really sucks. And I know you'll do fine on the cruise. You have gone this far being so good you'll be fine!

And make sure you have fun!!! Don't worry if you splurge a little. Its vacation!

I have been bad since I moved! Eating has gotten worse. Not back to my old habits but not good by any means. I did drink a lot of beer and mixed drinks over the weekend to celebrate Memorial day and my sisters birthday. Tomorrow I am detoxing!!! No more crap! Plus I haven't done my exercise video since I've been back! Geez its amazing how 5 days will throw everything out of whack!

Oh and chocolate... its hard to not indulge in once in a while. I don't really like it but every now and then I crave it. I bet it will work if you really try. I can lose my focus and give in too easy. Its my downfall. I need to stick to my guns more often!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #58  

I am baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...well with 1 extra pound, but I am back .

This vacation was such a must. We really needed it. We had fun for sure, and ate bad things too, but the exercise helped us not to gain too much. Actually my hubby lost some weight
It was a great experience. The crystal clear waters, and white sands, the stingrays massages, and petting dolphins, kayaking, different foods - the taste of nations, fun on ship. AMAZING! It was a great way to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and honeymoon.
I managed to hit the gym on board 3x and do some exercise. I really enjoyed all the food. We even had a day with chocolate tasting from all around the world, now how could I miss that? I ate till I dropped and begged NO more chocolate (now that's something I would never say lol) And the rest of the food, very good. We mainly ate from one of the restaurants, so their portions were very controlled (now that was a big surprise), and the quality of the food was the best, pretty healthy, depending on what you chose. Oh and the serving, now that was a real pampering! But we couldn't stay away from the rest of the food from the buffets, we had to try it out, it might be once in a lifetime oportunety to try such new foods, and tastes.

Well all in one it was GREAT! I expected to gain more because of how much I ate , but my husbands recovery made me happy. We missed though our normal diet, and beggining of today we are back on track, ready to make progress . And as my hubby says, nothing compares to our food, not even those fancy restaurants : simple, healthy and delicious!

@Kritter: You will manage sooner or later to get back on track, it takes time.

Last edited by Bubu; 06-01-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #59  

Thats great! I'm glad you had a great vacation! You and your husband both needed that! It sounds like you didn't go too overboard with eating and I'm sure you watched what you were consuming. It was probably a good idea you had some what controlled portions like you said. I want to go on vacation now!

Well for me the first week after I arrived at my location was not great. I didn't eat all that well and I didn't exercise for 5 days. But I quickly got back on track and have been pushing full steam ahead with working out. The eating has improved, but I'm still not where I would like to be. I have 15 pounds to lose by July 25th. I have a wedding to go to. Hopefully I can get down to my goal weight by then. I'm thinking of doing the JM 30 day shred video along with her making the cut book for the meals. I am getting sick of the cardio in her new video. I think I need to do it maybe once or twice a week. I'm going to have to go running or something since I don't have a membership to the gym.

I'm also looking for a job right now which is really hard. There is nothing out there. A little stressed but not too bad yet!

Well everyone have a great weekend!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #60  

Hey Kritter, glad you joined! Are you joking me? I went waaaay overboard, I was first in line at chocolate and all goodies And I am feeling it now, with all the lack of energy and appetite ....combined with moments of cravings. So that means my diet was really unbalanced.

I can feel you on the job part and the working out one. I combine 30DS all levels very often, and NMTZ, but I can not gulp but rarely the BFBM. I think I will purchase Wii or something. As my hubby is slowly recovering I miss tennis, badminton and other stuff. And of course I would run back into vacation any time, and have more variety in my day .

Are you sure 15lb isn't too much in 1month and a half? I would concentrate more on shredding inches then taking down so many lbs in a short amount of time. I know that can lead you to muscle loss too, what you wanna keep because it has less volume. You'll figure it out I am sure .

Last edited by Bubu; 06-05-2009 at 07:25 PM.